Why is MS working on IE9 when IE8 is so bad?

New, fresh install of Windows 7 32-bit.  Problems with IE8:

1. "Internet Explorer has stopped working."  No solution is ever found.

2. "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage."  I tried all of the
solutions from the knowledge base with no luck.

3. When exiting IE8 with more than 1 tab open, it will not exit until you
click on one of the tabs, usually the one that is flashing a different
color.

Any ideas?

Seawolf

0
Seawolf

Did you format the HDD prior to this "fresh install?"

Tips for solving problems with Internet Explorer
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Tips-for-solving-problems-with-Internet-Explorer

<canned>
1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

Explorer (No add-ons).

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer's (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7 &
IE8 in all OSS]

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Reset-Internet-Explorer-settings

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
What third-party firewall (if any)?  Were any of these applications running

it)?
</canned>

Seawolf wrote:
> New, fresh install of Windows 7 32-bit.  Problems with IE8:
>
> 1. "Internet Explorer has stopped working."  No solution is ever found.
>
> 2. "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage."  I tried all of the
> solutions from the knowledge base with no luck.
>
> 3. When exiting IE8 with more than 1 tab open, it will not exit until you
> click on one of the tabs, usually the one that is flashing a different
> color.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Seawolf

0
PA
3/25/2010 3:49:37 PM
In news:0B37E168-2052-43FC-BE43-9D49565F2827@microsoft.com,
Seawolf <seawolf671@verizon.net> typed:
> New, fresh install of Windows 7 32-bit.  Problems with IE8:
>
> 1. "Internet Explorer has stopped working."  No solution is
> ever found.
> 2. "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage."  I tried
> all of the solutions from the knowledge base with no luck.
>
> 3. When exiting IE8 with more than 1 tab open, it will not
> exit until you click on one of the tabs, usually the one
> that is flashing a different color.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Seawolf

I haven't seen those problems before on here that I've noticed
and am not useing win7.  Well, I have seen a couple like them,
but poorly stated problems and with lost of missing
information, leaving responders to guess at possible
solutions.
    At any rate, have you tried starting IE without addons?
Even if you haven't applied any, it still came with some. Does
it help?

 Then I'd start by uninstalling IE8, especially if you loaded
it from one of the updates, and reinstall it, using a freshly
downloaded version of it.

If that didn't help anything, then I'd seriously consider the
possibility of an OS file corruption and try re-imaging the
operating system to a time prior to the first install of IE8,
get a fresh download of IE8, check the hash on it, and install
it.

Have you run chkdsk on the boot drive?
Checked Event Viewer for any related errors?
Checked your firewall logs?
   Those are all reasonably quick to do and make for good
first steps.

HTH,

Twayne`

0
Twayne
3/25/2010 4:46:43 PM
Learn how to crosspost and help yourself and others:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_posting
and

Twayne`

In news:0B37E168-2052-43FC-BE43-9D49565F2827@microsoft.com,
Seawolf <seawolf671@verizon.net> typed:
> New, fresh install of Windows 7 32-bit.  Problems with IE8:
>
> 1. "Internet Explorer has stopped working."  No solution is
> ever found.
> 2. "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage."  I tried
> all of the solutions from the knowledge base with no luck.
>
> 3. When exiting IE8 with more than 1 tab open, it will not
> exit until you click on one of the tabs, usually the one
> that is flashing a different color.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Seawolf

0
Twayne
3/25/2010 5:04:28 PM
Hi Twayne,

You can't downgrade to IE7 or 6 on  Win7. You can turn IE8 off as your
default browser and use a browser of your choice though.

Regards.

"Twayne" <nobody@spamcop.net> wrote in message
> Learn how to crosspost and help yourself and others:
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross_posting
> and
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crossposting
> http://www.blakjak.demon.co.uk/mul_crss.htm
>
> Twayne`
>

> In news:0B37E168-2052-43FC-BE43-9D49565F2827@microsoft.com,
> Seawolf <seawolf671@verizon.net> typed:
>> New, fresh install of Windows 7 32-bit.  Problems with IE8:
>>
>> 1. "Internet Explorer has stopped working."  No solution is
>> ever found.
>> 2. "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage."  I tried
>> all of the solutions from the knowledge base with no luck.
>>
>> 3. When exiting IE8 with more than 1 tab open, it will not
>> exit until you click on one of the tabs, usually the one
>> that is flashing a different color.
>>
>> Any ideas?
>>
>> Seawolf

0
rob
3/25/2010 9:07:07 PM
PA Bear,  yes I did format the HDD prior to the fresh install.  I'll try to
answer your questions in the order you asked them:

1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

Explorer (No add-ons).

That was the first thing I tried.  Worked for a while then same problems
started reoccurring.

 http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Reset-Internet-Explorer-settingsThis was the second thing I tried and like the before, it worked for a whilebefore the problems gradually reappeared. 3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is yoursubscription current?  What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?What third-party firewall (if any)?  Were any of these applications runningin the background when you installed IE8?I use Microsoft Security Essentials along with Defender.  No otheranti-virus or security suite has ever been used.  The only other firewall Iuse is the firewall in the router. 4. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this >machine (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought >it)?I did not buy this machine.  I built it from scratch.  It is the 4th machineI have built from scratch.  Neither Norton nor McAfee has ever been on thismachine nor has any of their other programs been installed on this machine.Prior to Win7 and MS Security Essentials, I used MS One Care.I did not have these problems when I ran Win XP Pro and IE 7.Seawolf"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:uKaftMDzKHA.5036@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...> Did you format the HDD prior to this "fresh install?">> Tips for solving problems with Internet Explorer>http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Tips-for-solving-problems-with-Internet-Explorer>> <canned>> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?>>   => Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | InternetExplorer (No add-ons).>> Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer's (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7& IE8 in all OSS]> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx>> 2. Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE Advanced settings (RIES)?>http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Reset-Internet-Explorer-settings>> 3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is yoursubscription current?  What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?What third-party firewall (if any)?  Were any of these applications runningin the background when you installed IE8?>> 4. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on thismachine (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you boughtit)?> </canned>>> Seawolf wrote:>> New, fresh install of Windows 7 32-bit.  Problems with IE8:>>>> 1. "Internet Explorer has stopped working."  No solution is ever found.>>>> 2. "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage."  I tried all of the>> solutions from the knowledge base with no luck.>>>> 3. When exiting IE8 with more than 1 tab open, it will not exit until you>> click on one of the tabs, usually the one that is flashing a different>> color.>>>> Any ideas?>>>> Seawolf>
0
Seawolf
3/27/2010 2:17:20 PM
I dunno what WLMail (or you) did to the formatting in your last reply but I
can't make sense of it so I can't be of any further assistance to you.  That
being said, I will say...

As MSE includes Defender's functionality, installing MSE disables Defender
by default so technically speaking, you are not using "Microsoft Security
Essentials along with Defender."

Referencing other computers (and applications installed on them) is not
helpful when trying to help you with a problem on a specific computer.

Seawolf wrote:
> [...]
> yoursubscription current?  What anti-spyware applications (other than
> Defender)?What third-party firewall (if any)?  Were any of these
> applications runningin the background when you installed IE8?>> 4. Has
> a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on thismachine
> (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you boughtit)?>
> </canned>>> Seawolf wrote:>> New, fresh install of Windows 7 32-bit.
> Problems with IE8:>>>> 1. "Internet Explorer has stopped working."  No
> solution is ever found.>>>> 2. "Internet Explorer cannot display the
> webpage."  I tried all of the>> solutions from the knowledge base with no
> luck.>>>> 3. When exiting IE8 with more than 1 tab open, it will not exit
> until you>> click on one of the tabs, usually the one that is flashing a
> different>> color.>>>> Any ideas?>>>> Seawolf>

3/27/2010 5:12:27 PM
Let's try this again.

PA Bear,  yes I did format the HDD prior to the fresh install.  I'll try to
answer your questions in the order you asked them:

1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

Explorer (No add-ons).

That was the first thing I tried.  Worked for a while then same problems
started reoccurring.

 http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Reset-Internet-Explorer-settingsThis was the second thing I tried and like the before, it worked for a whilebefore the problems gradually reappeared.3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is yoursubscription current?  What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?What third-party firewall (if any)?  Were any of these applications runningin the background when you installed IE8?I use Microsoft Security Essentials along with Defender.  No otheranti-virus or security suite has ever been used.  The only other firewall Iuse is the firewall in the router.4. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on thismachine (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you boughtit)?I did not buy this machine.  I built it from scratch.  It is the 4th machineI have built from scratch.  Neither Norton nor McAfee has ever been on thismachine nor has any of their other programs been installed on this machine.Prior to Win7 and MS Security Essentials, I used MS One Care.I did not have these problems when I ran Win XP Pro and IE 7.Seawolf"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:#IETeGdzKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...> I dunno what WLMail (or you) did to the formatting in your last reply butI can't make sense of it so I can't be of any further assistance to you.That being said, I will say...>> As MSE includes Defender's functionality, installing MSE disables Defenderby default so technically speaking, you are not using "Microsoft SecurityEssentials along with Defender.">> Referencing other computers (and applications installed on them) is nothelpful when trying to help you with a problem on a specific computer.>> Seawolf wrote:>> PA Bear,  yes I did format the HDD prior to the fresh install.  I'll tryto>> answer your questions in the order you asked them:>>>> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?>>>>   => Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet>> Explorer (No add-ons).>>>> That was the first thing I tried.  Worked for a while then same problems>> started reoccurring.>>>>>> 2. Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE Advanced settings (RIES)?>>http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Reset-Internet-Explorer-settingsThis>> was the second thing I tried and like the before, it worked for a>> whilebefore the problems gradually reappeared. 3. What anti-virus>> application or security suite is installed and is yoursubscriptioncurrent?>> What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)?What third-party>> firewall (if any)?  Were any of these applications runningin thebackground>> when you installed IE8?I use Microsoft Security Essentials along with>> Defender.  No otheranti-virus or security suite has ever been used.  The>> only other firewall Iuse is the firewall in the router. 4. Has a(nother)>> Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this >machine (e.g.,a>> free-trial version that came preinstalled when you bought >it)?I did not>> buy this machine.  I built it from scratch.  It is the 4th machineI have>> built from scratch.  Neither Norton nor McAfee has ever been onthismachine>> nor has any of their other programs been installed on this machine.Priorto>> Win7 and MS Security Essentials, I used MS One Care.I did not have these>> problems when I ran Win XP Pro and IE 7.Seawolf"PA Bear [MS MVP]">> <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in>> messagenews:uKaftMDzKHA.5036@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...> Did you format the>> HDD prior to this "fresh install?">> Tips for solving problems with>> Internet>>Explorer>http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Tips-for-solving-problems-with-Internet-Explorer>>>> <canned>> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons>> mode?>>   => Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools |>> InternetExplorer (No add-ons).>> Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer's>> (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7& IE8 in all OSS]>>> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx>> 2. Does the>> behavior persist if you Reset IE Advanced settings>>(RIES)?>http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Reset-Internet-Explorer-settings>>>> 3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is>> yoursubscription current?  What anti-spyware applications (other than>> Defender)?What third-party firewall (if any)?  Were any of these>> applications runningin the background when you installed IE8?>> 4. Has>> a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on thismachine>> (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you boughtit)?>>> </canned>>> Seawolf wrote:>> New, fresh install of Windows 7 32-bit.Problems with IE8:>>>> 1. "Internet Explorer has stopped working."  No>> solution is ever found.>>>> 2. "Internet Explorer cannot display the>> webpage."  I tried all of the>> solutions from the knowledge base with no>> luck.>>>> 3. When exiting IE8 with more than 1 tab open, it will not exit>> until you>> click on one of the tabs, usually the one that is flashing a>> different>> color.>>>> Any ideas?>>>> Seawolf>>
0
Seawolf

------=_NextPart_000_0131_01CACDD2.C7C73D30

Still no good (as you can see.)

Try replying to my first reply to your thread again, this time use HTML =
format (and disable the Community feechur beforehand).

Seawolf wrote:
> [...]
Has>>
> a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on =
thismachine>>
> (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you =
boughtit)?>>>
> </canned>>> Seawolf wrote:>> New, fresh install of Windows 7
> 32-bit.Problems with IE8:>>>> 1. "Internet Explorer has stopped =
working."=20
> No>> solution is ever found.>>>> 2. "Internet Explorer cannot display =
the>>
> webpage."  I tried all of the>> solutions from the knowledge base with =
no>>
> luck.>>>> 3. When exiting IE8 with more than 1 tab open, it will not =
exit>>
> until you>> click on one of the tabs, usually the one that is flashing =
a>>
> different>> color.>>>> Any ideas?>>>> Seawolf>>                        =

<HTML><HEAD><LINK href=3D"C:\Program Files\OE-QuoteFix\styles.css" =
rel=3Dstylesheet>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><SPAN class=3Dq0><FONT face=3DCalibri color=3D#000080>Still no good =
(as you can=20
see.)</FONT></SPAN></DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3Dq0><FONT face=3DCalibri =
color=3D#000080></FONT></SPAN>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><SPAN class=3Dq0><FONT face=3DCalibri color=3D#000080>Try replying =
to my first=20
reply to your thread&nbsp;again, this time use HTML format (and disable =
the=20
Community feechur beforehand).</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><BR><BR><FONT face=3DCalibri color=3D#000080>Seawolf=20
wrote:<BR></FONT></SPAN><SPAN class=3Dq1><FONT face=3DCalibri =
color=3D#000080>&gt;=20
Let's try this again.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; PA Bear,&nbsp; yes I did format =
the HDD=20
prior to the fresh install.&nbsp; I'll try to<BR>&gt; answer your =
questions in=20
the order you asked them:<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; 1. Does the behavior persist =
if you=20
start IE in No Add-ons mode?<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =3D&gt; Start =
| (All)=20
Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet<BR>&gt; Explorer (No=20
add-ons).<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; That was the first thing I tried.&nbsp; =
Worked for a=20
while then same problems<BR>&gt; started reoccurring.<BR>&gt; <BR>&gt; =
<BR>&gt;=20
2. Does the behavior persist if you Reset IE Advanced settings =
(RIES)?<BR>&gt;=20
</FONT><A class=3D1=20
href=3D"http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Reset-Internet-Explor=
er-settingsThis"><FONT=20
face=3DCalibri=20
color=3D#000080>http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Reset-Interne=
t-Explorer-settingsThis</FONT></A><BR><FONT=20
face=3DCalibri color=3D#000080>&gt; was the second thing I tried and =
like the=20
before, it worked for a<BR>&gt; whilebefore the problems gradually =
reappeared.3.=20
What anti-virus<BR>&gt; application or security suite is installed and =
is=20
yoursubscription current?<BR>&gt; What anti-spyware applications (other =
than=20
Defender)?What third-party<BR>&gt; firewall (if any)?&nbsp; Were any of =
these=20
applications runningin the background<BR>&gt; when you installed IE8?I =
use=20
Microsoft Security Essentials along with<BR>&gt; Defender.&nbsp; No=20
otheranti-virus or security suite has ever been used.&nbsp; The<BR>&gt; =
only=20
other firewall Iuse is the firewall in the router.4. Has =
a(nother)<BR>&gt;=20
Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on thismachine (e.g., =
a<BR>&gt;=20
free-trial version that came preinstalled when you boughtit)?I did not=20
buy<BR>&gt; this machine.&nbsp; I built it from scratch.&nbsp; It is the =
4th=20
machineI have built<BR>&gt; from scratch.&nbsp; Neither Norton nor =
McAfee has=20
ever been on thismachine nor<BR>&gt; has any of their other programs =
been=20
installed on this machine.Prior to<BR>&gt; Win7 and MS Security =
Essentials, I=20
used MS One Care.I did not have these<BR>&gt; problems when I ran Win XP =
Pro and=20
IE 7.Seawolf"PA Bear [MS MVP]"<BR>&gt; &lt;</FONT><A class=3D1=20
href=3D"mailto:PABearMVP@gmail.com"><FONT face=3DCalibri=20
color=3D#000080>PABearMVP@gmail.com</FONT></A><FONT face=3DCalibri=20
color=3D#000080>&gt; wrote in<BR>&gt;=20
messagenews:#IETeGdzKHA.5940@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...&gt; I dunno what=20
WLMail<BR>&gt; (or you) did to the formatting in your last reply butI =
can't make=20
sense of<BR>&gt; it so I can't be of any further assistance to you.That =
being=20
said, I will<BR>&gt; say...&gt;&gt; As MSE includes Defender's =
functionality,=20
installing MSE disables<BR>&gt; Defenderby default so technically =
speaking, you=20
are not using "Microsoft<BR>&gt; SecurityEssentials along with=20
Defender."&gt;&gt; Referencing other computers (and<BR>&gt; applications =

installed on them) is nothelpful when trying to help you with<BR>&gt; a =
problem=20
on a specific computer.&gt;&gt; Seawolf wrote:&gt;&gt; PA Bear,&nbsp; =
yes I=20
did<BR>&gt; format the HDD prior to the fresh install.&nbsp; I'll =
tryto&gt;&gt;=20
answer your<BR>&gt; questions in the order you asked =
them:&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; 1.=20
Does the behavior persist if<BR>&gt; you start IE in No Add-ons=20
mode?&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =3D&gt; Start | (All) Programs =
|<BR>&gt;=20
Accessories | System Tools | Internet&gt;&gt; Explorer (No=20
add-ons).&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; That was<BR>&gt; the first thing I =
tried.&nbsp; Worked=20
for a while then same problems&gt;&gt; started<BR>&gt;=20
reoccurring.&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; 2. Does the behavior persist if you =
Reset=20
IE Advanced<BR>&gt; settings<BR>&gt;=20
(RIES)?&gt;&gt;http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Reset-Internet=
-Explorer-settingsThis&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;=20
was the second thing I tried and like the before, it worked for=20
a&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; whilebefore the problems gradually reappeared. 3. What =

anti-virus&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; application or security suite is installed =
and=20
is<BR>&gt; yoursubscriptioncurrent?&gt;&gt; What anti-spyware =
applications=20
(other than<BR>&gt; Defender)?What third-party&gt;&gt; firewall (if =
any)?&nbsp;=20
Were any of these<BR>&gt; applications runningin thebackground&gt;&gt; =
when you=20
installed IE8?I use<BR>&gt; Microsoft Security Essentials along =
with&gt;&gt;=20
Defender.&nbsp; No otheranti-virus or<BR>&gt; security suite has ever =
been=20
used.&nbsp; The&gt;&gt; only other firewall Iuse is the<BR>&gt; firewall =
in the=20
router. 4. Has a(nother)&gt;&gt; Norton or McAfee application<BR>&gt; =
ever been=20
installed on this &gt;machine (e.g.,a&gt;&gt; free-trial version that=20
came<BR>&gt; preinstalled when you bought &gt;it)?I did not&gt;&gt; buy =
this=20
machine.&nbsp; I built it<BR>&gt; from scratch.&nbsp; It is the 4th =
machineI=20
have&gt;&gt; built from scratch.&nbsp; Neither<BR>&gt; Norton nor McAfee =
has=20
ever been onthismachine&gt;&gt; nor has any of their other<BR>&gt; =
programs been=20
installed on this machine.Priorto&gt;&gt; Win7 and MS Security<BR>&gt;=20
Essentials, I used MS One Care.I did not have these&gt;&gt; problems =
when I=20
ran<BR>&gt; Win XP Pro and IE 7.Seawolf"PA Bear [MS MVP]"&gt;&gt; =
&lt;</FONT><A=20
class=3D1 href=3D"mailto:PABearMVP@gmail.com"><FONT face=3DCalibri=20
color=3D#000080>PABearMVP@gmail.com</FONT></A><FONT face=3DCalibri=20
color=3D#000080>&gt; wrote<BR>&gt; in&gt;&gt;=20
messagenews:uKaftMDzKHA.5036@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...&gt; Did you =
format<BR>&gt;=20
the&gt;&gt; HDD prior to this "fresh install?"&gt;&gt; Tips for solving =
problems=20
with&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;=20
Internet&gt;&gt;Explorer&gt;http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/T=
ips-for-solving-problems-with-Internet-Explorer&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;=20
&lt;canned&gt;&gt; 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No=20
Add-ons&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; mode?&gt;&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp; =3D&gt; Start | (All) =
Programs |=20
Accessories | System Tools |&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; InternetExplorer (No=20
add-ons).&gt;&gt; Troubleshooting and Internet =
Explorer's&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; (No=20
Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7&amp; IE8 in all OSS]&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; =
</FONT><A=20
class=3D1 =
href=3D"http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx"><FONT=20
face=3DCalibri=20
color=3D#000080>http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/2006/07/25/678113.aspx</=
FONT></A><FONT=20
face=3DCalibri color=3D#000080>&gt;&gt; 2. Does the&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; =
behavior persist=20
if you Reset IE Advanced<BR>&gt;=20
settings&gt;&gt;(RIES)?&gt;http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Re=
set-Internet-Explorer-settings&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;=20
3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and=20
is&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; yoursubscription current?&nbsp; What anti-spyware=20
applications (other than&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; Defender)?What third-party =
firewall (if=20
any)?&nbsp; Were any of these&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; applications runningin the =

background when you installed IE8?&gt;&gt; 4. Has&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; =
a(nother)=20
Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on =
thismachine&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt;=20
(e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you=20
boughtit)?&gt;&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; &lt;/canned&gt;&gt;&gt; Seawolf =
wrote:&gt;&gt;=20
New, fresh install of Windows 7<BR>&gt; 32-bit.Problems with=20
IE8:&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; 1. "Internet Explorer has stopped working." =
<BR>&gt;=20
No&gt;&gt; solution is ever found.&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; 2. "Internet Explorer =
cannot=20
display the&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; webpage."&nbsp; I tried all of the&gt;&gt; =
solutions=20
from the knowledge base with no&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; luck.&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; 3. =
When=20
exiting IE8 with more than 1 tab open, it will not exit&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; =
until=20
you&gt;&gt; click on one of the tabs, usually the one that is flashing=20
a&gt;&gt;<BR>&gt; different&gt;&gt; color.&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt; Any=20
ideas?&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;=20
Seawolf&gt;&gt;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbs=
p;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp=
;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;=20
</FONT></SPAN></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0131_01CACDD2.C7C73D30--

0
PA

MS Office 97 to MS Office 2007

Scheduled Backup not working
Since we changed to GP 10.0 form 9.0 my scheduled company and database files are not backing up at night as scheduled. I can manually back them up. We have Server 2003 and MSSQL. I have checked and the MSSQL Agent is started. To test it I have changed the time to backup to backup up in couple of minutes and exit out of GP. I then wait and the backup file is no where to be found. When I go back in to the schedule backup screen it does change the date to the next day to be backed up on the schedule screen as if the backup was made. I have searched the folder where I told it to backup...

MS Outlook 2007

How do I do word count in MS Publisher?

Outlook2000
Hi, Has anyone seen this error before? I am running Outlook 2000 SP1. In email messages: When I click on hyperlinks not underlined in blue (i.e. embedded in pictures etc...) Instead of bringing up a browser window, it brings up "Locate Browser Link" window. Attempting locate an excecutable file. Also, when I automatically check for available updates - it says the following - thus, I am afraid to install any service packs: :"NOTE: Detection shows that Office products on your computer have been updated by your Office product administrator from the administrati...

bug with ie8 and ASP.NET menu
Hi The menu control of ASP.NET (VS 2005) that seems to work fine with all browsers doesn't seem to work with IE8. The sub menus are not visible. Any solution? Thank you ...

Rules don't work #2
I've read a few posts and haven't seen any useful advice. I've created the following rule: When messages arrive, forward to user@domain.com when from anotheruser@domain.com. The rule works fine, if I run it manually. It doesn't seem to work, however, "when the message arrives." My other rules are working fine, but some of the users in my office are having this problem occasionally. We are all on XP, using Outlook 2003 or 2000. Can anyone shine some light? -- Wack ---- This message will self destruct. ...

MS Exange connection

MS Money 2005 Basics

MS CRM Certification question

MS Access

Work spreadsheet issue
If I have multiple rows of data on a worksheet and on another worksheet I want various counts of rows that have certain things in common, how would I do that? Thanks. -- jenrenea ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jenrenea's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=23098 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=373900 Can you provide a sample of your data along with your expected results? -- Domenic ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Domenic's...

Flushing bad karma from an aborted update?
I have XP Pro SP2 on my laptop. I was downloading and installing some updates the other on a public WiFi system when I had to shut down and get home. There were like 11 updates; five or six had downloaded and installed, but I had to click Cancel in the middle of downloading. Later, when I turned mu computer back on (no WiFi available, so no network), and it took forever to boot. When it finally did, I tried to view an MPG4 video with QuickTime and it hung up bad. No CTRL-ALT- DEL to end anything, no start menu for shutdown - nothing. So I held the power button to kill it, then r...

trying to download ie8
I cannot get it to download I have vista and it got all the way through it then said it cant because a newer version is detected on my computer? please let me know what this could be. Thanks, Moriah What version of Internet Explorer is currently installed on your computer? Open Internet Explorer > Help (blue button w/question mark) > About Internet Explorer > Version = ? Have you ever had any version of IE 8 on this computer before? --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est MissMoriah wrote: > I cannot get it to download I have vista and it got all the way through ...

smtp connector restriction not working
Dear all Does anyone know how to debug smtp connector , Lately i configure smtp connector restriction , but it only work for one minute while i restart the smtp virtual server, after one minute , it seems that the restriction not working , so somebody help me to solve this problem,thanks. Chester Huang Chester: Which restriction are you talking about? Message size? Content Restrictions? Delivery times? Delivery restrictions? -- Jim McBee Blog: http://mostlyexchange.blogspot.com Web: http://www.somorita.com "Chester" <chesterh@aserve.com.tw>...

Working with multiple currencies
Our sales force use 3 different price lists: US Dollars (USD), Euro (EUR), and Egyptian Pounds (EGP) One of these price lists is used for each opportunity (For its opportunity-products). The director manager has requested to have a view in which he can see all opportunities with the "Estimated Revenue" column showing only in USD. How can we implement that ?? Note: We are using CRM 3.0 I found a workaround :-)) - Create a new custom attribute named estrevenueusd for the opportunity entity (Note: The schema name for this attribute set by CRM will be: new_estrevenueusd) T...

Pointer has constant "working in background"
Outlook 2003-pointer has constant hourglass "working in background". Also getting "blinking'' every 5 seconds ...

Restarting MS Money with a "correction" switch
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C3DDDC.D92AA4A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I currently use version 10 - 2002 Deluxe, and I need to startup MS Money = with a correction switch that I hope will correct some problems that I = have been having, but I can't seem to locate the post that talks about doing = this. Is it "msmoney.exe /s"? --=20 Russell (if replying, replace nospam with rpottharst) ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C3DDDC.D92AA4A0 Content-Type: text/html; c...

Starting MS Outlook on startup
How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. > All you need to do is move the Outlook program icon to the startup group in XP. >-----Original Message----- >How can I start Outlook on startup (XP) and keep it running in the back? > > >. >Double click My Computer, go into the C:\Documents and Settings\User\Start Menu\Programs\Startup Place an Outlook shortcut into this folder and it will automatically startup when...

Alternative to Ms sql server 2005 express edition
Hello Everyone, Our server hosting providers are saying that our web site is running slow because we are using ms sql server 2005 express edition which is a free edition and had only a capacity of handling up to 4 GB data. And our database which we are currently using is now having more than 4.5 GB. Hence they recommended us to go for a paid one that is specialized edition workgroup and gave us the following link http://www.microsoft.com/sqlserver/2008/en/us/editions.aspx to go through the comparison. The hosting providers says that it will be around 4500 rupees per month for ...

Works spreadsheet
Does anyone know how I can open a Works spreadsheet ".wks" using excel? Is there a conversion tool. We recently switched to Office from Works. The documents are not a problem, but the spreadsheets don't open. Hi have a look at the following thread: http://tinyurl.com/yvp2y -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Art Favinger wrote: > Does anyone know how I can open a Works spreadsheet ".wks" > using excel? Is there a conversion tool. We recently > switched to Office from Works. The documents are not a > problem, but the spreadsheets don't...

Vertical alignment does not work
In a worksheet I have, I have set the vertical alignment to 'Top' however, the text seems to stay at the bottom. Navigation Right click > Format Cells > Alignment tab. Merge cells is checked Has anyone encountered this bug (one-off)? Ms Excel 2007 Click on the cell and delete anything before the first character... "Jon" wrote: > In a worksheet I have, I have set the vertical alignment to 'Top' however, > the text seems to stay at the bottom. > > Navigation > Right click > Format Cells > Alignment tab. > Merge cells is checked >...