Web Page Display is Slow

Windows XP(Home) SP3, 32Bit, OE6, IE8; Plenty of RAM & HHD space. Continuous
checks for Virus/Malware

1.4Ghz, VIA Technologies, Inc. 8 kilobyte primary memory cache, 256 kilobyte
secondary memory cache, P4X266-8233, Enclosure Type: Desktop V2 Premier, 2
External USB 500/1TB Hard Drives (NTFS), 1.5 GB Ram, Upgraded PSU, Belarc
Advisor, Multimedia - lists, MPU-401 Compatible MIDI Device - Realtek AC'97
Audio for VIA (R) Audio Controller - Standard Game Port. Circuit Board:
P4X266-8233, Bus Clock: 100 megahertz, BIOS: Award Software International,
Inc. 6.00 PG 09/05/2001, Virus/Malware Protection - Windows Live One Care,
MS Windows Malicious SW Removal Tool, SUPERAntiSpyware, HiJackThis,
Malwarebyte Anti-Malware, Registry Mechanic 8.0.0.900, CCleaner.

Hi, while trying to glean info from these newsgroups and doing a poor job of
it, I encountered information I wanted to try regarding- web pages not being
displayed in IE.  It was suggested by one the knowledgeable people trying to
help that the OP run a trace to a web site - www.yahoo.com.  The results of
doing so was supposed to provide info that could be used to help the OP.
Well, I did it also and the results are below, but I have no idea what is
indicated by those results.  Any help deciphering that info will sincerely
be appreciated.  Thank you if you can help.  I'm goggling "trace route" now.

My question from all this is, does it contain anything to indicate/verify
slow loading of web pages?

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
<c> copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\WMB>tracert www.yahoo.com

Tracing route to www-real.wa1.b.yahoo.com [69.147.76.15]

1          *              *               *            Request timed out.
2          *              *               *            Request timed out.
3          *              *               *            Request timed out.
4          *              *               *            Request timed out.
5          *              *               *            Request timed out.
6          *              *               *            Request timed out.
7          *              *               *            Request timed out.
8          *              *               *            Request timed out.
9          *              *               *            Request timed out.
10        *              *               *            Request timed out.
11        *              *               *            Request timed out.
12        *              *               *            Request timed out.
13      13 ms        11 ms        13 ms       f1.www.vip.rel.yahoo.com
[69.147.76.15]

Trace complete.

c:\Documents and Settings\WMB>

Thanks for any help

TIA

0
WMB

"WMB" <brown.2005@.nospamcomcast.net> wrote in message news:O2sfj9MmKHA.2680@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...

> [Subject: Web Page Display is Slow]

> C:\Documents and Settings\WMB>tracert www.yahoo.com
>
> Tracing route to www-real.wa1.b.yahoo.com [69.147.76.15]

> My question from all this is, does it contain anything to indicate/verify
> slow loading of web pages?

When is it slow?   Just at the beginning?

It might.   That shows that the host name is an alias for a different
canonical name and that is confirmed by  nslookup:

Non-authoritative answer:
Name:    www-real.wa1.b.yahoo.com
Address:  69.147.76.15
Aliases:  www.yahoo.com, www.wa1.b.yahoo.com

This would mean that there would never be a lookup with an IP address
cached (just the CNAM record) which could cause its lookup to be done
each time.

You could try to  ping  -n 1  the canonical name before starting IE
but it doesn't look like it would be cached long enough to matter.
E.g. after doing that  ipconfig  /displaydns  shows:

<displaydns>
         www-real.wa1.b.yahoo.com
         Record Name . . . . . : www-real.wa1.b.yahoo.com
         Record Type . . . . . : 1
         Time To Live  . . . . : 33
         Data Length . . . . . : 4
         Section . . . . . . . : Answer
         A (Host) Record . . . : 69.147.76.15
</displaydns

which would only give you 33 seconds of benefit for helping IE
with its lookups.

This really should only matter if you can't get connected at all
or if you are slow getting connected (e.g. if you have to retry
at least once) because supposedly once IE has made a connection
it will cache the IP address for a much longer period of time
(effectively as long as the iexplore.exe task is running in most cases.)

So, if your problem is just with *starting* at  www.yahoo.com
all the above would suggest that you might get some improvement
by doing this (in a cmd window) first:

    ping  -n 1  www-real.wa1.b.yahoo.com

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

0
Robert

> "WMB" <brown.2005@.nospamcomcast.net> wrote in message
>
>> [Subject: Web Page Display is Slow]
>

>> C:\Documents and Settings\WMB>tracert www.yahoo.com
>>
>> Tracing route to www-real.wa1.b.yahoo.com [69.147.76.15]
>

>> My question from all this is, does it contain anything to indicate/verify
>> slow loading of web pages?
>

> When is it slow?   Just at the beginning?
>
> It might.   That shows that the host name is an alias for a different
> canonical name and that is confirmed by  nslookup:
>
> Non-authoritative answer:
> Name:    www-real.wa1.b.yahoo.com
> Address:  69.147.76.15
> Aliases:  www.yahoo.com, www.wa1.b.yahoo.com
>
> This would mean that there would never be a lookup with an IP address
> cached (just the CNAM record) which could cause its lookup to be done
> each time.
>
> You could try to  ping  -n 1  the canonical name before starting IE
> but it doesn't look like it would be cached long enough to matter.
> E.g. after doing that  ipconfig  /displaydns  shows:
>
> <displaydns>
>         www-real.wa1.b.yahoo.com
>         ----------------------------------------
>         Record Name . . . . . : www-real.wa1.b.yahoo.com
>         Record Type . . . . . : 1
>         Time To Live  . . . . : 33
>         Data Length . . . . . : 4
>         Section . . . . . . . : Answer
>         A (Host) Record . . . : 69.147.76.15
> </displaydns
>
> which would only give you 33 seconds of benefit for helping IE
> with its lookups.
>
> This really should only matter if you can't get connected at all
> or if you are slow getting connected (e.g. if you have to retry
> at least once) because supposedly once IE has made a connection
> it will cache the IP address for a much longer period of time
> (effectively as long as the iexplore.exe task is running in most cases.)
>
> So, if your problem is just with *starting* at  www.yahoo.com
> all the above would suggest that you might get some improvement
> by doing this (in a cmd window) first:
>
>    ping  -n 1  www-real.wa1.b.yahoo.com
>

> HTH
>
> Robert Aldwinckle
> ---

Hi, and thanks for replying.  Yes, so slow on startup of IE8 and the loading
of my Home Page.  Below is the result of "ping  -n 1
www-real.wa1.b.yahoo.com".  Its copy & paste from DOS window.  That's why I
love these newsgroups, you can/have to learn so much.

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\WMB>ping -n 1 www=real.wa1.b.yahoo.com
Ping request could not find host www=real.wa1.b.yahoo.com. Please check the
name
 and try again.

C:\Documents and Settings\WMB>cd\

C:\>ping -n1 www-real.wa1.b.yahoo.com
Bad value for option -n1, valid range is from 1 to 4294967295.

C:\>ping -n 1 www-real.wa1.b.yahoo.com

Pinging www-real.wa1.b.yahoo.com [69.147.76.15] with 32 bytes of data:

Ping statistics for 69.147.76.15:

C:\>

0
WMB
1/19/2010 9:23:49 PM
"WMB" <brown.2005@.nospamcomcast.net> wrote in message news:e0xsI5UmKHA.2160@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...

> Pinging www-real.wa1.b.yahoo.com [69.147.76.15] with 32 bytes of data:

That's the only part of the ping you want to care about.
It means that you have loaded a lookup for your host's name's alias.
Then you don't have to go back to your DNS for as long as the
Time To Live  (TTL)  indicates.

Use   ipconfig /displaydns  >displaydns.txt
and  notepad  displaydns.txt   to check on how much time you have
to let IE take advantage of the benefit.

So, did you get IE started any smoother after trying this?  ; )

HTH

Robert
---

0
Robert
1/20/2010 3:31:56 AM
"WMB" <brown.2005@.nospamcomcast.net> wrote in message
> Windows XP(Home) SP3, 32Bit, OE6, IE8; Plenty of RAM & HHD space.
> Continuous checks for Virus/Malware
>
> 1.4Ghz

Is this the CPU speed? If so, that's quite a slow system these days,
especially if you got all those virus/malware checks running at the same
time

> Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
> <c> copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.
>
> C:\Documents and Settings\WMB>tracert www.yahoo.com
>
> Tracing route to www-real.wa1.b.yahoo.com [69.147.76.15]
>
> 1          *              *               *            Request timed out.
> 2          *              *               *            Request timed out.
> 3          *              *               *            Request timed out.
> 4          *              *               *            Request timed out.
> 5          *              *               *            Request timed out.
> 6          *              *               *            Request timed out.
> 7          *              *               *            Request timed out.
> 8          *              *               *            Request timed out.
> 9          *              *               *            Request timed out.
> 10        *              *               *            Request timed out.
> 11        *              *               *            Request timed out.
> 12        *              *               *            Request timed out.
> 13      13 ms        11 ms        13 ms       f1.www.vip.rel.yahoo.com
> [69.147.76.15]

That's not what I'd expect to see. All those asterisks mean there was no
response from that hop on the route, or that your router/firewall/security
application blocked out the response. That might well point to a networking
problem, and could be related to IE8 being slow to load. You should have a
list of various routers between you and the Yahoo server upstream router
showing in that list, eg. here's mine:

Tracing route to f1.www.vip.re1.yahoo.com [69.147.76.15]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

  1    <1 ms    <1 ms    <1 ms  10.1.10.1
  2    11 ms    14 ms    11 ms  ip129.net92-244-171.ci-net.com
[92.244.171.129]
  3    10 ms    10 ms     9 ms  gi5-1.r1.thn.core.as8844.net [195.72.160.70]
  4    10 ms    10 ms    10 ms  ge-3-3-0.pat1.tc2.yahoo.com [195.66.226.129]
  5    12 ms    10 ms    11 ms  ge-2-0-0.pat1.the.yahoo.com [66.196.65.0]
  6   115 ms   113 ms   114 ms  so-1-0-0.pat1.nyc.yahoo.com [66.196.65.13]
  7   114 ms   112 ms   108 ms  so-3-0-0.pat1.dcp.yahoo.com
[216.115.101.157]
  8   108 ms   109 ms   109 ms  ae2-p170.msr2.re1.yahoo.com [216.115.108.69]
  9   108 ms   106 ms   107 ms  te-9-4.bas-a1.re1.yahoo.com [66.196.112.207]
 10   107 ms   108 ms   108 ms  f1.www.vip.re1.yahoo.com [69.147.76.15]

Trace complete.

My list will be different to yours because I'm in a different location than
you, and so the list of routers my connection goes through will be mostly
different. Also my response times are worse because that server is over the
transatlantic. However, note that all the router names from DNS are showing
up along with their IPs.

I'm guessing that you have a DNS resolution problem. Is your PC using DHCP
from a router/modem? If so, is it using the router/modem IP for DNS
handling? Easy way to check is to run

ipconfig /all

and look at the DNS settings. If they are set to the IP address of your
router/modem, then your PC is relying on a DNS proxy in the router firmware.
If it's anything like my Netgear it's unstable at best, and after a couple
of hours of running is pretty much useless. Take the DNS server IP addresses
that your router/modem is using and manually assign them to your network
settings, that way Windows is connecting to your ISP DNS servers directly
and will likely get a much quicker response for addresses that are not yet
in the lcoal DNS client cache.

--
Dan

0
Dan
1/20/2010 1:01:35 PM
"Dan" <news@worldofspack.com> wrote in message

> [...]
> are showing up along with their IPs.
>
> I'm guessing that you have a DNS resolution problem. Is your PC using DHCP
> from a router/modem? If so, is it using the router/modem IP for DNS
> handling? Easy way to check is to run
>
> ipconfig /all
>
> and look at the DNS settings. If they are set to the IP address of your
> router/modem, then your PC is relying on a DNS proxy in the router
> firmware. If it's anything like my Netgear it's unstable at best, and
> after a couple of hours of running is pretty much useless. Take the DNS
> server IP addresses that your router/modem is using and manually assign
> them to your network settings, that way Windows is connecting to your ISP
> DNS servers directly and will likely get a much quicker response for
> addresses that are not yet in the lcoal DNS client cache.

Hello Dan, below is what I get after running "ipconfig /all" on my computer.
Do you notice anything wrong or that should be different. Thanks

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.
2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\WMB>ipconfig /all

Windows IP Configuration

        Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : home-748bce7cc8
        Primary Dns Suffix  . . . . . . . :
        IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
        WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No
        DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : chn.comcast.net

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

        Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : chn.comcast.net
        Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast
Eth
ernet NIC
        Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-D0-09-FD-05-67
        Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
        Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
                                            68.87.71.230
        Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, January 20, 2010
7:24:54
PM
        Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, January 20, 2010
8:24:54
PM

C:\Documents and Settings\WMB>

0
WMB
1/21/2010 12:58:28 AM
> [...]
>
> Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:
>
>        Connection-specific DNS Suffix  . : chn.comcast.net
>        Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8139/810x Family
> Fast Eth
> ernet NIC
>        Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-D0-09-FD-05-67
>        Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes
>        Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes
>        IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.3
>        Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
>        Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
>        DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.0.1
>        DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 68.87.73.246
>                                            68.87.71.230
>        Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, January 20, 2010
> 7:24:54
> PM
>        Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Wednesday, January 20, 2010

That looks fine - the DNS server IPs are not the same as the gateway which
would have indicated that you were using a DNS proxy on the router/modem.

The only other thing I could suggest is to make sure that TCP Checksum
Offload handling is disabled - I've had Realtek onboards NICs suffer
performance due to this before, disabling it can in some cases improve
performance.

I still think this is more a networking issue rather than a browser issue.
You might be better off posting in a Windows networking group.

--
Dan

0
Dan

Exchange web-access
I've got a exchange 2003 server running at my company. Users can access their mailbox from home or from any computer with internet access. The problem is that the data goes over a non-secure line. Just http. How can I change that to HTTPS?? Greetz Sven "Sven" <Sven@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD5AB8E5-A905-45B5-A7E8-D7DA757A2CE2@microsoft.com... > I've got a exchange 2003 server running at my company. Users can access their > mailbox from home or from any computer with internet access. The problem is > that the data goes over a non-sec...

slow email creation
Im using Exchange 2003 in Windows 2003. Whenever I create a new user, it takes hours before his email address will be reflected automatically in the Email Addresses tab even if it was configured in the Recepient Policy in Exchange System Manager. What are the workarounds for this problem? On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 03:00:02 -0700, "Arthus Lim" <ArthusLim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Im using Exchange 2003 in Windows 2003. Whenever I create a new user, it >takes hours before his email address will be reflected automatically in the >Email Addresses tab even if i...

How do I print one image (say page 1) twice on the same page?
Hello, does anyone know if Excel offer the print option of printing 2up? Meaning, printing the same page twice on one sheet (ie: page 1 printed twice -perhaps landscape, side-by-side, and 50% of course. I have tried and I do not know if Excel is capable of this. Any assistance is appreciated. Hi there I had exactly the same question a few months ago. The simple answer is Excel can't do this easily. So a workaround is required. What I did for my workbook was to add an extra worksheet on which I copied what I wanted to print. I called the worksheet "Double". The worksheet ha...

FS: CHEAP Books
I am selling these books in a lot. I am not selling them individually. Total Number of books: 11 Total List Price Value: $476.98 Total Asking price: $50 Location: Houston, TX USA, but willing to ship via Media Mail. I take Paypal. Most of the books are in NEW or LIKE NEW condition. A small minority may have some shelfwear. There may be remainder marks. One book has a tear on the binding cover, but the binding is as tight as a drum. There is no highlighting or writing in any of the books. Please include the subject heading so that I will know which books your are interested in as I ...

How do I create a poster consisting of 4 x A4 pages which get glue
I know this can be done as I have done it some yaers before. It may have been in Power Point however. As I remember I created the poster content on the word document page and then using some option/s one is able to segment the page into 4 quarters, print these and then glue them together. I am using Microsoft Office Student and Teacher 2003 Word cannot create posters - try Publisher. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP...

MsMpEng.exe slowing down the opening of folders
Hi, I recently reinstalled the OS on my 2005 Compaq from their disk set for making the laptop look like it just came out of the box. I had previously downloaded the install package for microsoft security essentials, and before going online, I used the Norton removal package to remove all traces of that, then installed MSE, then went online. The system has generally worked well since then. Occasionally, a folder is very slow to display its contents after a reboot. Looking at the task manager process list, I see MsMpEng.exe has a high CPU usage. Googleing MsMpEng.exe return...

Using TAB to change pages
I have a multiple page form. Each page is a seperate tab. How do I get the tab key or enter key to go to the next page in the form. When I tried event procedures, I used on LOSTFOCUS GOTO PAGE 2. When the macro was run, it came back with an error The cammand or action "GOTO PAGE" is'nt available now. with the expination that I may be read only database or an unconverted database. I am using 2007. So you are using a Tab Control? The tab control has multiple tab pages... Just set focus to the next tab page: TabPage1.SetFocus etc. This is different to having multiple page...

PlaySound() slows down keyboard input
I am writing a system wide keyboard hook which works fine in 9x. The PlaySound() used for keyboard feedback delays keystrokes in XP. The sound plays with each quickly typed keystroke but the keystrokes show up after a delay (they lag, then come all at once). What is the best way to use PlaySound() for keyboard feedback? Any reference to PlaySound() with the best/correct switches will be greatly appreciated. I wrote <snip> Sorry, it was my sound card driver. I probably should have suspected hardware. ...

Table of Contents not displaying
I have been succssfully using the Table of Contents feature forever. Suddenly, it displays only codes on the screen, yet will properly print and will display properly in "Full Screen Reading" mode. Creating a PDF also displays the ToC correctly. This occurs only on my computer and will display properly on other computers. How do I fix this? Press Alt+F9 to toggle the display from field codes to field results. -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "tomMedClinic" <tomMedClinic@discussion...

PDFs do not display in OWA using FE/BE scenario, IE 6, Adobe Reader 7.0.7
Greetings, My organization is currently running Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 SP2 in a FE/BE scenario with the FE serving OWA. We are experiencing problems with our OWA users not being able to open PDF attachments within OWA when they are using IE 6 (fully patched) and Adobe Reader 7.0.7. After some testing, I have discovered the following: When using: Abobe Reader 7.0.7 and IE 6 (fully patched) - PDFs will not display in OWA (no errors given) Adobe Reader 7.0.7 and IE 7 Beta 2 - PDFs will display properly Adobe Reader 7.0.7 and Firefox (fully patched) - PDFs will display properly ...

when i print maximum pages is 99 how do i increase?
I have reports which I print 250 pages of the same item but even though I put in the amount 250 the maximum it prints is 99 so to get what I want I have to do (99, 99, and the 52 to get the 250) and its only recently started doing this - my company upgraded its server. On Fri, 14 Dec 2007 10:17:00 -0800, qwcqualityinspector <qwcqualityinspector@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have reports which I print 250 pages of the same item but even though I put >in the amount 250 the maximum it prints is 99 so to get what I want I have to >do (99, 99, and the 52 to get the 250)...

XML page cannot be displayed
Great Plains 9 My users are getting the error: XML page cannot be displayed. "Access denied. Error processing resource 'file///c:'program files/microsoft/dynamics/GP/background/homepage.xls" They have read, write and modify rights to this file. Any ideas? Stacey Hammons ...

Web Site unable to load ???
I have been using the following web site for around three years now http://autoforums.carjunky.com/cgi-bin/gforum.cgi?login_attempt=1&t=search_engine;t=search_engine; I posted a question their this morning but now when I try to go back to see it I keep receiving a message that said Microsoft is unable to open this site. Does anyone no what would cause this all of a sudden it's like I said I used it earlier this morning. I am running XP ser pack3 and IE 8. Thank You Herb -- Later Gator Herb (Chip) & Roxanne Hi Herb, Same happens here. If you press the &#...

Displaying timestamps corresponding to min / max values
I have a table with temperature readings of different locations over a period of time. Thus multiple records per location. I have a query to show me the min and max temperatures for each location. I needed to add to that query the date when the min and the max temperatures were recorded. How could I do that? Many thanks in anticipation. This query returns two records (one for the minimum at the location and one for the maximum) SELECT YourTable.Location, Temperature IIF(YourTable.Temperature = YourCurrentQuery.MinTemperature, "Minimum","Maximum") as Which FROM You...

Trigger action in C# executable from web application
Hello, We have this web application (it's developed in C#, but that really does not matter), and part of it's functionality is to print some data on a specific kind of printer that's attached to the user's PC. The printer will print if a file to print is placed in specific configured folder in the PC's local file system. So the web app that resides in the browser, pretty ignorant about the PC where it is running on, needs to trigger a local process that will result in the file created in the needed place. Right now we go with rather heavy solution - a local web...

home page will not work
Publishers 2003 www.tccu.com The site was working just fine until I tried to change a hyperlink destination on the index.html folder. When I did this my it throw off my homepage and now it does not fully show everything that it needs to. Everything under this folder(http://www.tccu.net/index_text.html )will not show when I publish the site, but it will show up in the design view. Somehow I cant put the two togther!!! PLEASE I have spent countless of hours trying to fix this problem...any help would trully be appreciated. The website www.tccu.com loads just fine, and is not a Pu...

displaying mail from different e-mail address
Does anyone have any experience in displaying mail from various e-mail accounts on the main page of outlook? I can't figure out which mail is comming from my various POP 3 Accounts... Please advise. -THANKS! Use Field Chooser to add the Email Account field to the view. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Pable" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:115ed01c441ae$7fe203d0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone have any experience in displaying mail from > various e-mail accounts on the main page of outlook? I > can't figure out which mail ...

page border in excel
How can I set border for all pages in an excel sheet, just as page border in word? Thanks. Hi Trang, Watch your terminology. Pages do not exist until it comes to printing. Worksheets (sheets) are what you see on the tabs at the bottom you could have other sheets besides worksheets. Workbook is the filename. Borders and Gridlines are not the same. Gridlines are 1 pixel wide and you can have them visible or not you can have them print or not. Interior color will wipe out the surrounding gridlines. If you want to put borders on all cells in your current (activesheet) you would se...

Workbook page numbering
How do you get consecutive page numbers in a workbook with multiple worksheets? Group select them, then print: Click on the leftmost sheet and shift-click on the rightmost. In article <085101c3779f$ad811850$3101280a@phx.gbl>, "Terri" <tsavage@worleyassociates.com> wrote: > How do you get consecutive page numbers in a workbook with > multiple worksheets? Forgot to mention: Make sure you ungroup the sheets once your printing is done - any changes in a grouped sheet is made to all of the group. In article <jemcgimpsey-2D8D31.08470810092003@msnews.microso...

Displaying null values in charts
I have made some charts with the data populating the underlying tables using Vlookups. However as they are populated over time i dont want to show any null values. I have tried the following formula =IF(D14=0,"",D14) to convert the 0 values in to a null value but it still shows it on the chart. Do you know how to get around this and if it is possible. Use NA() instead of "". -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <3F8AEA4E-968E-4E6F-B448-6A2A6F362C15@micros...

displaying result of shell command
I haven't dirtied my hands with Excel programming for years and am kind of lost. I've created a simple macro to send a remote command ("rsh") to our UNIX server, and this should return several lines of text as a result (works OK in a command prompt window). However, I'm not sure how to go about getting the results to display in an Excel worksheet. I can redirect the output to a text file, and I was thinking along the lines of importing the text file to a text box, but I don't know how to do this. Can anyone help, or suggest a better way of doing this. -- Regards Ian ...

Blank pages
I used publisher to create an 8.5X11 workbook for my students. I used the catalog preset and have 24 pages in my workbook. Everything looks great expect when I print (and print preview) there is a blank page between every page with text etc.. on it. How can I fix this and what do I have to do to avoid this in the future? Thanks, In your printer Properties, set it for two sided printing. -- Don Vancouver, USA "CAJH50" <CAJH50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:377F7712-0548-4682-BFC7-8136B320B191@microsoft.com... > I used publisher to create an 8.5X11 ...

How does one view two separate pages within the Publisher main win
I have figured out how to "Insert" a second page either before or after the current page, but am unable to scroll from one to the another. Is this not 'doable' within Publisher? The only way I am able to view both pages is to print the entire document. Thank you. ReBell in MS Try View - Status bar. Look in the lower left corner of the Publisher screen -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] ~~~~~ How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 "rebell" <rebell@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8D3450ED-BA78-47FE-B286...

Office web parts for SharePoint Services 3.0
I had created a dashboard showing some pivot tables and charts using Office web parts in SharePoint Services 2.0. Are these available for 3.0? Thanks, -Rick M. The office web components still work in SharePoint V3. Just use the same installer for the office 2003 web components. Andy "Rick M" wrote: > I had created a dashboard showing some pivot tables and charts using Office > web parts in SharePoint Services 2.0. Are these available for 3.0? > > Thanks, > -Rick M. ...

How do I deploy a custom web application from image to CRM Server?
We have developed a custom web application in C# that reads information from a database and creates opportunity in MSCRM. The whole thing has been developed in virtual machine. We now need to deploy the custom application from image to test environment in a box installed with SQL 2005 and MSCRM. This web application will be placed in IIS on CRM Server Box. How do I deploy this application from image to CRM Server? ...