View Partial Source in IE8? - 30760

Hi all,

This was one of my favorite feature and was extremely useful.  It was
packaged as part of the IE5 Dev PowerToys back in Aug. 2001.

I've used it in the past on IE6 and *I think* IE7.  I've seen posts saying
it is compatible with IE6 & IE7 but nothing about IE8.  I'm using IE8 and
don't want to install it if it will screw anything up.

I have 2 questions:
1. Will this work with IE8?

2. Why was this tool "done away with" when it was so popular?

TIA
Dave Black --
2b || !2b

"Dave Black" <DaveBlack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> This was one of my favorite feature and was extremely useful.  It was
> packaged as part of the IE5 Dev PowerToys back in Aug. 2001.
>
> I've used it in the past on IE6 and *I think* IE7.  I've seen posts saying
> it is compatible with IE6 & IE7 but nothing about IE8.  I'm using IE8 and
> don't want to install it if it will screw anything up.
>
> I have 2 questions:
> 1. Will this work with IE8?
>
> 2. Why was this tool "done away with" when it was so popular?
>
> TIA
> Dave Black

Was it "so popular"? I think I used it twice, maybe 3 times.

IE8 has really good Developer Tools - press F12 to bring them up. The only
reason I ever used the View Partial Source was when needing to look at just
a small piece of a huge file that would have been a pain to find using the
full source. With IE8 Developer Tools things are a whole lot easier with
it's tree view layout and highlighting of selected elements in IE8 itself,
plus you can view the source for individual elements from the View menu.

--
Dan

0
Dan
5/18/2010 9:15:34 AM
Hi Dan,

Thanks for the reply.  I've used the Developer Tools and found them useful.
I just wish that there was something as convenient as the "View Partial
Source".  It was nice not to have to navigate thru an entire HTML page just
to find a small snippet of HTML.

<sigh />
--
2b || !2b

"Dan" wrote:

> "Dave Black" <DaveBlack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all,
> >
> > This was one of my favorite feature and was extremely useful.  It was
> > packaged as part of the IE5 Dev PowerToys back in Aug. 2001.
> >
> > I've used it in the past on IE6 and *I think* IE7.  I've seen posts saying
> > it is compatible with IE6 & IE7 but nothing about IE8.  I'm using IE8 and
> > don't want to install it if it will screw anything up.
> >
> > I have 2 questions:
> > 1. Will this work with IE8?
> >
> > 2. Why was this tool "done away with" when it was so popular?
> >
> > TIA
> > Dave Black
>
> Was it "so popular"? I think I used it twice, maybe 3 times.
>
> IE8 has really good Developer Tools - press F12 to bring them up. The only
> reason I ever used the View Partial Source was when needing to look at just
> a small piece of a huge file that would have been a pain to find using the
> full source. With IE8 Developer Tools things are a whole lot easier with
> it's tree view layout and highlighting of selected elements in IE8 itself,
> plus you can view the source for individual elements from the View menu.
>
> --
> Dan
>
> .

Use the search box at the upper right in the Developer Tools to search for a
string in the bit you're interested in, no need to navigate through the
whole lot ;)

Dan

> Hi Dan,
>
> Thanks for the reply.  I've used the Developer Tools and found them
> useful.
> I just wish that there was something as convenient as the "View Partial
> Source".  It was nice not to have to navigate thru an entire HTML page
> just
> to find a small snippet of HTML.
>
> <sigh />
> --
> 2b || !2b
>

> "Dan" wrote:
>

>> "Dave Black" <DaveBlack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > This was one of my favorite feature and was extremely useful.  It was
>> > packaged as part of the IE5 Dev PowerToys back in Aug. 2001.
>> >
>> > I've used it in the past on IE6 and *I think* IE7.  I've seen posts
>> > saying
>> > it is compatible with IE6 & IE7 but nothing about IE8.  I'm using IE8
>> > and
>> > don't want to install it if it will screw anything up.
>> >
>> > I have 2 questions:
>> > 1. Will this work with IE8?
>> >
>> > 2. Why was this tool "done away with" when it was so popular?
>> >
>> > TIA
>> > Dave Black
>>
>> Was it "so popular"? I think I used it twice, maybe 3 times.
>>
>> IE8 has really good Developer Tools - press F12 to bring them up. The
>> only
>> reason I ever used the View Partial Source was when needing to look at
>> just
>> a small piece of a huge file that would have been a pain to find using
>> the
>> full source. With IE8 Developer Tools things are a whole lot easier with
>> it's tree view layout and highlighting of selected elements in IE8
>> itself,
>> plus you can view the source for individual elements from the View menu.
>>
>> --
>> Dan
>>
>> .

0
Dan
5/18/2010 4:14:15 PM
Hi,

You can capture injected markup from XMLHTTP responses that the Developer
tool does not show.

"Dave Black" <DaveBlack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Dan,
>
> Thanks for the reply.  I've used the Developer Tools and found them
> useful.
> I just wish that there was something as convenient as the "View Partial
> Source".  It was nice not to have to navigate thru an entire HTML page
> just
> to find a small snippet of HTML.
>
> <sigh />
> --
> 2b || !2b
>

> "Dan" wrote:
>

>> "Dave Black" <DaveBlack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > This was one of my favorite feature and was extremely useful.  It was
>> > packaged as part of the IE5 Dev PowerToys back in Aug. 2001.
>> >
>> > I've used it in the past on IE6 and *I think* IE7.  I've seen posts
>> > saying
>> > it is compatible with IE6 & IE7 but nothing about IE8.  I'm using IE8
>> > and
>> > don't want to install it if it will screw anything up.
>> >
>> > I have 2 questions:
>> > 1. Will this work with IE8?
>> >
>> > 2. Why was this tool "done away with" when it was so popular?
>> >
>> > TIA
>> > Dave Black
>>
>> Was it "so popular"? I think I used it twice, maybe 3 times.
>>
>> IE8 has really good Developer Tools - press F12 to bring them up. The
>> only
>> reason I ever used the View Partial Source was when needing to look at
>> just
>> a small piece of a huge file that would have been a pain to find using
>> the
>> full source. With IE8 Developer Tools things are a whole lot easier with
>> it's tree view layout and highlighting of selected elements in IE8
>> itself,
>> plus you can view the source for individual elements from the View menu.
>>
>> --
>> Dan
>>
>> .

0
rob
5/18/2010 9:58:54 PM
The other thing you can do is the Find Element By Click option on the Find
menu, go to IE and then click the element you want to see the source for -
it then gets selected in the Developer Tools.

Dan

"Dave Black" <DaveBlack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Dan,
>
> Thanks for the reply.  I've used the Developer Tools and found them
> useful.
> I just wish that there was something as convenient as the "View Partial
> Source".  It was nice not to have to navigate thru an entire HTML page
> just
> to find a small snippet of HTML.
>
> <sigh />
> --
> 2b || !2b
>

> "Dan" wrote:
>

>> "Dave Black" <DaveBlack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi all,
>> >
>> > This was one of my favorite feature and was extremely useful.  It was
>> > packaged as part of the IE5 Dev PowerToys back in Aug. 2001.
>> >
>> > I've used it in the past on IE6 and *I think* IE7.  I've seen posts
>> > saying
>> > it is compatible with IE6 & IE7 but nothing about IE8.  I'm using IE8
>> > and
>> > don't want to install it if it will screw anything up.
>> >
>> > I have 2 questions:
>> > 1. Will this work with IE8?
>> >
>> > 2. Why was this tool "done away with" when it was so popular?
>> >
>> > TIA
>> > Dave Black
>>
>> Was it "so popular"? I think I used it twice, maybe 3 times.
>>
>> IE8 has really good Developer Tools - press F12 to bring them up. The
>> only
>> reason I ever used the View Partial Source was when needing to look at
>> just
>> a small piece of a huge file that would have been a pain to find using
>> the
>> full source. With IE8 Developer Tools things are a whole lot easier with
>> it's tree view layout and highlighting of selected elements in IE8
>> itself,
>> plus you can view the source for individual elements from the View menu.
>>
>> --
>> Dan
>>
>> .

0
Dan

Mail Messages HTML Viewing

Source for New Charts
Hi, I'm an information analyst and I generate countless charts each month. Does anyone know a source for new and exciting looking and functioning charts/graphs? I'm willing to pay for some add-on software I'm just tired of the existing options in Excel 2003. Thanks In my humble option (and I have much to be humble about), if the data itself is not interesting enough for the reader then a 'fancy' chart is not going to make things better. My most-hated chart feature is 3D when the third dimension relates to nothing! best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/peo...

View Webpage

Resizing columns [same data source]
Hi! I have created a chart where data results from the same source and of the same kind. But the results of one column are very higher than the others resulting in a disproportionated first columns which makes the chart difficult to read for the readers. I often saw charts in publications where the higher colum is "broken" in the middle, making the chart more userfriendly. Can anyone help me on this? Thanx! Here is an illustrated tutorial, with links to a couple others as well: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/BrokenYAxis.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel ...

Forms in two differant views

Forcing a view to be the active view

Coustom view

Changing View -- All Folders

OL98 start up view

Calendar View?

Modifying Activities associated view 10-01-04
I have tried the unsuported fix involving: http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id= 00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899 The view opens fine but I am unable to save as is or make changes... I get the message "the Item Id is invalid." Please help Make sure you include the braces around the view ID GUID. http://crmserver/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={00000000-0000-0000-00AA-000010001899} CR "Sean T." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:161701c4a7bb$d3779910$3501280a@phx.gbl: > I have tried the unsuported fix inv...

Custom Fields in Views.. 04-22-10
Good Afternoon, We are working with a MOPS 2007 and WSS 3.0 SP2 (no c.u.'s) environment, and have created several enterprise custom fields at the task level. We can use and see them just fine in the schedules in Project Professional 2007, but when we try to add them to the 'my assignments' and 'assignment details' views, the custom data does not show up....any thoughts? Thanks! and have a great spring! Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice Get Silverlight 4 Installed: Tips and Tricks http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/05910e...

Lead Source Tied to a Current Account
Is there a way to tie a lead source to a current account? Say one ofo our clients reffer a potential client to us, we would like to link that client to the potential client via the lead source. Or is there a better way to do this? any help is greatly appreciated. -- TC On May 27, 2:04=A0pm, TC <T...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to tie a lead source to a current account? =A0Say one ofo o= ur > clients reffer a potential client to us, we would like to link that client= to > the potential client via the lead source. =A0Or is there a better way to d= o...

How can I set View as HTML as the default view...
I am trying to use a news group in which the dominant form of message is based on HTML. But my Outlook news reader forces me to manually turn each message into HTML which is a pain. It must have changed with some security update. I want my old settings back! -- Henry Stock, Network Administrator onProject.com 3 Wing Drive Cedar Knolls, NJ 07927-1006 Henry Stock <hstock@onproject.com> wrote: > I am trying to use a news group in which the dominant form of message > is based on HTML. But my Outlook news reader forces me to manually > turn each message into HTML which is a...

Filmstrip view
I have some windows that allow the filmstrip view and others that do not. I have researched this and what I found was: 1. Select "View" - "Customize This Folder". 2. The folder properties multi-tabbed dialog box will appear. Underneath "Use this folder type as a template" choose "Pictures" or "Photo Album" as desired. 3. Click "OK" to close the dialog box. The "View" - "Filmstrip" option should now be available. I have followed the instructions, but I still don't get the option for the fi...

views?
haven't install any thing lately that i can remember but when i bring outlook up it and go in to e-mail to send one there is no send button or attachment icon any more at all? and when i look under view there is only custom there and no other options? how do i get back my icons and view options? thanks! ...

Account Views Order
Is there any way of manually setting the order in which views are displayed in the drop down box for Accounts? We've created a number of similar views all starting with the word "account" followed by a username (eg: Account - Joe Bloggs etc..) and ideally want them displayed in the list together alphabetically but at the moment they're all mixed in with other views in no logical order. It's not a major problem but would make the system more user friendly if we could have all these views together in the list, is this possible? Thanks, Steve Sorry Steve, That view lis...

Calendar View 04-08-10
I have a client running the latest release of Entourage 2008 under 10.6.3. When she's in email and has Show Mail Folders Only, unchecked, she can access her calendar. However, if she clicks the calendar icon in the upper left hand corner of the Entourage window, no calendar appears. In the list along the left is Folder on My Computer and Calendar Views, but no item named Calendar. I created a test identity and the calendar in that identity looks and works correctly. I rebuilt the database for her identity, but that did not resolve the problem. Any other suggestions? Hal ...

creating custom "objects" document/view
hi in CAD softwares, there are *objects* there that we can drag and drop to a form, like a resistor/diode/electronic symbol. with that cad software are able to create electronic schematic design. what is the nature of the form that holds such object? is that an activeX container? and what is that *object*? young_leaf ...

odc data source
Hi everyone, I have an SQL Server with containing some tables and a View. I created a data source in Excel XP so I can view and analyze it in Excel. Now I want to have this datasource on our intranet so everyone can access it, but I found out that the data source file (*.odc) that was created under "My Documents\My Data Sources", works only from this folder, and won't work if I move it to another folder (e.g on an intranet file server). Is there a way to make this odc file work from any computer no matter where it is placed? Thanks, Arnon. ...

Viewing invitee names?
Dear Outlook gurus, We are in the process of rolling out Office 2007 across our organisation. We have one staff member who is an Executive Assistant (using Outlook 2007) who manages her manager's calendar (who uses Outlook 2003 still). When she opens a recurring appointment in his calendar to add or remove participants from the list, she can't see the list of people it went out to. All she sees is her name as meeting organizer. She is unable to remove a person off the list who has left or add a new person as it is. We've tried going into her Manager's cale...

View Editor / View Manager view GUIDs
I am trying to modify the view for Opportunities -> Contacts associated view. In know that editing of this view is not exposed in the System Customization UI and so one must use the workaround that has been developed in this group to do it which is using this url: http://<crm-server>/tools/viewEditor/viewManager.aspx?id={<GUID>} My questions are: 1. What is the GUID for Opportunities -> Contacts associated view? 2. Where do I find a complete list of these views? This is the list of GUIDs that I compiled from going through the archives of this list: 00000000-0000-00...