Use of "OnSubmit"

I would like to execute a function when the user clicks on the "SUBMIT" button in a PHP/HTML form. I think I should use "OnSubmit" event. How to use OnSubmit in a PHP form? Is following syntax correct?

<form method="post" action="G_Training.php" name="G-User-Details" style="border: thin double #FF0000" title="User Details" id="New Form" onsubmit="checkFormBeforeSubmit">

A Down and Dirty FileSystem Object  Page Counter
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/5b5bfeb7-6c32-47ee-bd79-31f14d3f609c/a-down-and-dirty-filesyst.aspx
0
Satish

Developer-specific resources include:

MSDN IE Development Forums <=post such questions here instead
http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/category/iedevelopment/

IE Developer Center
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/default.aspx

Learn IE8
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740473.aspx

HTML and DHTML Overviews and Tutorials
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms537623.aspx and

Cascading Style Sheets (CSS)
http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/aa740476.aspx

Expression Web SuperPreview for Internet Explorer (free, stand-alone visual
debugging tool for IE6, IE7, and IE8)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=8e6ac106-525d-45d0-84db-dccff3fae677

Expression Web SuperPreview Release Notes
http://www.microsoft.com/expression/products/Web_SuperPreviewReleaseNotes.aspx

Validators:
http://validator.w3.org/
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/

BONUS:

Setting up Outlook Express to access Microsoft newsgroups

Setting up Windows Mail (in Vista) to access Microsoft newsgroups
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/microsoft-newsgroup-setup-instructions-for-windows-mail/

Setting up Windows LIVE Mail to access Microsoft newsgroups
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/ms-newsgroup-setup-instructions-windows-live-mail/
--
IE-specific newsgroup:

~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
www.banthecheck.com

Satish Madhekar wrote:
> I would like to execute a function when the user clicks on the "SUBMIT"
> button in a PHP/HTML form. I think I should use "OnSubmit" event. How to
> use OnSubmit in a PHP form? Is following syntax correct?
>
> <form method="post" action="G_Training.php" name="G-User-Details"
> style="border: thin double #FF0000" title="User Details" id="New Form"
> onsubmit="checkFormBeforeSubmit">

> A Down and Dirty FileSystem Object  Page Counter
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/5b5bfeb7-6c32-47ee-bd79-31f14d3f609c/a-down-and-dirty-filesyst.aspx

0
PA

Use of "OnSubmit"
I would like to execute a function when the user clicks on the "SUBMIT" button in a PHP/HTML form. I think I should use "OnSubmit" event. How to use OnSubmit in a PHP form? Is following syntax correct? <form method="post" action="G_Training.php" name="G-User-Details" style="border: thin double #FF0000" title="User Details" id="New Form" onsubmit="checkFormBeforeSubmit"> Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice A Down and Dirty FileSystem Object Page Counter http://...

DHTML_EVENT ONSUBMIT event for Forms?
Im trying to catch the OnSubmit event for a form inside a CDHtmlDialog. I have been trying to map to the various events and elements but with little luck.. The problem that Im having is that I will NOT know the ID or Name of the FORM ahead of time to use something like: DHTML_EVENT_ELEMENT with a named element... Is there a way that I can catch the Submit of the form? Id like to not have to catch the OnClick for the Submit button... I wont know the name of the Submit button so if there are more than one on the page I wont be able to know which one is being pressed. The application goal ...