The Last Post

1 hour to go...

Its already tomorrow here.
0
rob

Still 34 minutes to go here, in the Eastern U.S.

So here is /my/ last post. It is, I believe, a fitting tribute for we
who have toiled so long with Microsoft software. It's taken from the
ending of the play Tea House Of The August Moon:

"Pain make man think.
Thought make man wise.
Wisdom make life endurable."

Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

On 6/30/2010 7:53 PM, rob^_^ wrote:
> 1 hour to go...
>
> Its already tomorrow here.
0
Leonard
7/1/2010 3:26:04 AM
Not quite the last post...? Maybe they are keeping it open while there is
still an open thread.

All the best Leonard. Hope to see you in Answers Heaven. Indeed you are very
good.

Regards.

> Still 34 minutes to go here, in the Eastern U.S.
>
> So here is /my/ last post. It is, I believe, a fitting tribute for we who
> have toiled so long with Microsoft software. It's taken from the ending of
> the play Tea House Of The August Moon:
>
> "Pain make man think.
> Thought make man wise.
> Wisdom make life endurable."
>
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> On 6/30/2010 7:53 PM, rob^_^ wrote:
>> 1 hour to go...
>>
>> Its already tomorrow here.

0
rob
7/1/2010 6:18:39 AM
Or maybe they're closing it at the end of July 1, ie midnight tonight.

And then which midnight? US? East or West coast?

:)

Dan

> Not quite the last post...? Maybe they are keeping it open while there is
> still an open thread.
>
> All the best Leonard. Hope to see you in Answers Heaven. Indeed you are
> very good.
>
> Regards.

>> Still 34 minutes to go here, in the Eastern U.S.
>>
>> So here is /my/ last post. It is, I believe, a fitting tribute for we who
>> have toiled so long with Microsoft software. It's taken from the ending
>> of the play Tea House Of The August Moon:
>>
>> "Pain make man think.
>> Thought make man wise.
>> Wisdom make life endurable."
>>
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> On 6/30/2010 7:53 PM, rob^_^ wrote:
>>> 1 hour to go...
>>>
>>> Its already tomorrow here.

0
Dan
7/1/2010 8:50:27 AM
wow, I will miss this newsgroup,

Take care,

Viktor Krammer
--
http://www.quero.at/
Hassle-Free Browsing

Hi Viktor... keep up the good work with your toolbar. MS's compliance
requests are in the best interest of users. Even Big G had to bend with the
wind.

Kind Regards.

"Viktor Krammer" <support@quero_no_spam.at> wrote in message
> wow, I will miss this newsgroup,
>
> Take care,
>
> Viktor Krammer
> --
> http://www.quero.at/
> Hassle-Free Browsing

0
rob

How can I display worksheet summary page ie title/size/last updat.
I'm running MSExcel 2003. I am often working with large workbooks with mutiple worksheets. It would be v helpful if I could see/sort and print off a summary that shows worksheet properties similar to Explorer eg: workbook :xxxx ---------------- worksheet last update size names 1/2/04 64k companies: 5/2/03 893k etc... any ideas? Jon I wrote this sometime ago and it works as a workbook_open event (Needs to be placed in the ThisWorkbook code module). It could be adapted to work otherwise though. It adds a sheet and lists all the built-in and c...

Payroll Posting Issue #2
We are trying to process payroll on Dynamics GP 9.0 and our posting process slows down all of sudden. It prints like 3 payroll reports and then it takes a long amount of time before it starts processing and printer the remaining reports. We even has all the user log off of great plains and close all applications on client terminal where we faced this issue. We also noticed an issue with posting GL's where the application slows down and it takes a while until it's done with the process. Had anyone faced an issue similar to this one? Any suggestions on what's going on on this one? ...

Find the last, 2nd last and 3rd last data in a column
I have data listed in several colums and need to create a formula to detail the last (most recent) 2nd last and 3rd last piece of data in the column. I have used the following formula to display the last but cant edit this or create another formula to get the 2nd and 3rd last pieces of data. =LOOKUP(2,1/(A:A<>0),A:A) Thanks in advance Jamie If there are no empty cells in the range: last cell: =INDEX(A:A,COUNTA(A:A)) penultimate: =INDEX(A:A,COUNTA(A:A)-1) semi-penultimate: =INDEX(A:A,COUNTA(A:A)-2) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme r...

Multi-select listbox question
I have a multi-select listbox and wish to obtain data from the last clicked record in the listbox (you'll notice that if you make multiple selections then only the last-clicked record has a dotted line around it). What, if any, listbox property identifies this record as last-clicked? Thanks Dave -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com ...

How long will my capital last
Hi If I had a capital sum of say �100,000 and I was taking an annua income of 5% and I was getting 3.5% interest annually - Can you help m demonstrate how long my capital last? Thank you Dust -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Dusty, =3DNPER(3.5%,-5000,100000,0) If, by 5%, you mean 5% of the original investment (=A35.000 each year), = your money will last for approximately 35 years at 3.5% interest. See Excel Help for more info on NPER(). Regards, Anders Silven "Durhamr" <Durhamr.yajun@excelforum-nospam.com> skrev i meddelandet = news:Durhamr.yajun@excelf...

why is my last digit converted to zero?
I'm using Excel 2003 and when I enter a 16-digit number or cut and paste a 16-digit number, the last digit is converted to zero. This does not happen with 15 digits or fewer. Excel's numeric precision is 15 decimal digits. If you need to calculate with the number, you probably won't miss anything. If the number is a key, such as a creditcard number, add an apostroph (single quote, " `") before it; it will not show, but it will cause the number to be treated as text. Another way is to format the cell as text before entering the number -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten ...

Need help in searching last occurrence of string in text file
Hi , I am not good in file handling in excel macro..i need some help from u. I have one huge text file and i want to search last occurrence of string in that file and then cut the data after that searched line till end of file and paste it into a new text file. Any help appreciated. thanks in advance. How huge is "huge" (in Megs)? -- Rick (MVP - Excel) <sameer2211@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8cb08938-cf0e-4925-95bb-725f72df9f8d@25g2000prz.googlegroups.com... > Hi , > > I am not good in file handling in excel macro..i need some help from > u. > I hav...

Last logged on by
Hello! Using exchange 2003. When I look under Adminstrative groups -> Server -> "name" -> First storage group -> mailbox store -> mailboxes you can se all the mailboxes that you have and last logged on by. Under last logged on by I can se that one person (me) have logged on on to diffrent acconts, even if I havent don it. WHAT is this? Best regards Micke Micke: Did you use your account as the service account for anti-virus or spam? Also, IIRC, even if you view someone's Outlook Calendar, it would mark the mailbox as being logged on by you. Regards...

Posting Problems- massive reports, same doc number over and over
We have encountered a problem twice now while posting. Once was in SOP and the other was Cash Receivables. The problem is it is generating massive reports with the same document number, same credit, debit and net amounts and different customer numbers and different dates. Document dates should only be for last couple of days but instead go back years. There do not appear to be any other symptoms and it does not generate an error. It's GP 7.5 SQL. Has been running good for about a year and there have been no recent changes or events to the system. Any insight is appriciated. ...

First and Last Problem
For some reason First and Last are giving the wrong data in a Totals query. I assume that somehow the data is not ordered correctly in the main table, but it does show correctly in the datasheet view. For example if I group the sample database below by Name and Year, First of Location should be B, unfortunately it shows up in the query as A. Name Year Stint Location Ed 1999 1 B Ed 1999 2 A Ed 2000 1 A Desired Result Name Year Stint Location Ed 1999 1 B (But shows up as A) Ed 2000 1 A Any ideas from someone who has seen thi...

Extract last name from Last, First
I know this has to be a common question, but I can't find the answer... Using VBA, I need to extract the last name from the format: Last, First For example: the cell contents extract to a variable the value of JONES, AMY JONES ADAMS, HARRY ADAMS Your help would really be appreciated! I don't know how you are using it, but this shows how to get it in a variable. Sub dk() Dim lName As String lName = Left(ActiveCell, InStr(ActiveCell, ",") - 1) MsgBox lName End Sub ...

Offline post-callouts?
Hello, We're using a post-callout to add some business logic to the MS CRM, but now we want that business logic available to the Outlook client when working offline as well. We've installed the COM+ component on a test client, and registered it with CRM, and it gets called at the appropriate time, but it doesn't work: the component blocks when trying to create a CRM object (e.g. BizUser). An alternative would be to access the local MSDE datastore directly, but we can't figure out how to do that (we always get "connection refused"). We're unable to find any docu...

Not Remember Last Login Account
Is there something to tell Dynamics GP 10 to not remember the last logged in account? Everytime I log into their system as SA to do some update they call and ask me what to put in the username field. If they have to type it each time surely they will remember.... ARRRRGGGGHHHH! ------=_NextPart_0001_3E1A8ED5 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Allen Have a look at my post http://blogs.msdn.com/developingfordynamicsgp/archive/2008/07/29/hybrid-clearing-the-last-user-on-a-terminal-server.aspx Otherwise wait for the next release of the Support Debugging Tool which ...

Goto Last Cell function
Hello Group, I have an application where I would like to create a function that goes to the last cell in a spreadsheet. I can get this to work if I manually use the <Goto...special...last cell> function, but when I put this command into a macro and increase the length of the spreadsheet, the macro will only go as far as the last cell when the macro was saved. Any suggestions? Thanks, Julius Here's a slick formula from Harlan that will return what's in the last cell in a column, =LOOKUP(2,1/(1-ISBLANK(A1:A10000)),A1:A10000) if you need the whole column use A65535 inste...

Concatenate first:last! worksheet
I need to concatenate 150 rows in 50 different worksheets for a totals page, and may need to add additional worksheets in later versions. So, I need P7 in all 50 worksheets to be concatenated on P6 in the totals page, P8 in all worksheets to be concatenated on P7 in the totals page, etc. I am wondering if it's possible to use something like first:last! to concatenate the worksheet range, making it possible to include additional sheets added in before the current last worksheet. I am using "&" for the concatenate function now as I have more than 30 sheets ...

Unable to obtain posting destination record
I get this error in Fabrikam in GP 10 after posting a GL transaction. I can't find it in KB. Anyone know how to correct it? Thank you Go to tools-setup-posting-posting, and check through there in the financial series, maybe something got clicked. Mike "David Forman" <DavidForman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31C2E4B0-BAB8-4D81-A39A-AAD27BA01E2E@microsoft.com... >I get this error in Fabrikam in GP 10 after posting a GL transaction. I > can't find it in KB. Anyone know how to correct it? > > Thank you Thank you for your reply,...

the Last occurance
Hi everybody, I need to now how I can get the last Row number of last occurance of an item in a list, for example: row item 1 A 2 B 3 D 4 A I want a formula to return me row number 4 after looking up A. Any hints, thanks. On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 15:51:01 -0800, peyman <peyman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi everybody, > >I need to now how I can get the last Row number of last occurance of an item >in a list, for example: > >row item >1 A >2 B >3 ...

How do I change the mispelling of my last name in my emails?
For some reason, my last name is mispelled in my emails. Who or how do I correct this problem? If it a POP3 or IMAP account, you can make the change in the account properties at tools,accounts, view or change accounts - you need to select your account and change it. If it's an Exchange account, you need to speak to your administrator. On 4/24/06 9:08 PM, in article E75BD5A2-FFE5-4905-B47D-110E31598C51@microsoft.com, "Marti" <Marti@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > For some reason, my last name is mispelled in my emails. Who or how do I > correct this problem...

For John, et al. Re Combining Columns (previous post)
Hi, Using Excel 2007 Have a spreadsheet that I copied from elsewhere, that I want to modify a bit. In one column are GMT times expressed as 4 digits. e.g., 0000, 2130, etc. I want to combine (as in my previous post) these times with another column. No problem, as John's suggestion works fine. But: I can't get it to accept the 4 digits of: 0000 It keeps changing them to just a single digit: 0 I tried formatting the column as text, general, and a number, but the same thing. Any thoughts why it changes ? How do I get it to accept, keep, and work with, al...

LAST, FIRST to First Last
I have data in LAST, FIRST and used this formula... =TRIM(MID(A2,FIND(",",A2)+1,99))&" "&LEFT(A2,FIND(",",A2)-1) Is there a way to change it from all caps to just capitalized names. Ex. currently - DOE, JOHN change to - John Doe Hi, Like this =PROPER(TRIM(MID(A2,FIND(",",A2)+1,99))&" "&LEFT(A2,FIND(",",A2)-1)) -- Mike When competing hypotheses are otherwise equal, adopt the hypothesis that introduces the fewest assumptions while still sufficiently answering the question. "Erinayn...

Can i post a Q related to CRM 3.0 here?
Can i post a Q related to CRM 3.0 here? Hi Chong! Chong wrote: > Can i post a Q related to CRM 3.0 here? Until the public v3 beta, please refer questions to the private beta newsgroup. Cheers Arne Janning ...

remove last character in a series of different length part #'s
i have a series of part numbers in a column in xl that vary in length but all end in "v'. I want to remove just the "v". I tried text to coulmns and all the functions i know. If the v only shows up in the last character, maybe just select your range edit|replace what: v with: leave blank replace all If you don't want to do that, maybe a helper column of cells: =left(a1,len(a1)-1) drag down copy|paste special|values and delete the original column leo wrote: > > i have a series of part numbers in a column in xl that vary in length but > all end in "...

How to index the data of last column
How to index the data of last column if the column contains blank data ex. 1 2 _ 3 4 _ 8 5 if didn't use temp data is it possible to get the "5" by one formula? Thanks a lot Man, that is confusing. :confused: What are you trying to do? -- Mallycat ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Mallycat's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35514 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=553002 =INDEX(1:1,1,MAX((COLUMN(1:1))*(NOT(ISBLANK(1:1))))) Array formula, to be validated w...

any problem to post here?
I posted several questions and I still did not see my questions. Is there a problem?? thanks! ...

WMP Opens up to the last played video
When I close Windows Media Player and re open it, the last played video is brought back up paused at the point when I closed Windows Media Player. Is there a way to disable this? no, and one must be very careful with this problem. "mavalent" <mavalent@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1460BD8C-4DB3-4213-9E98-BBDEC4951EF0@microsoft.com... > When I close Windows Media Player and re open it, the last played video is > brought back up paused at the point when I closed Windows Media Player. > Is > there a way to disable this? What...