Streaming Video only shows "Windows Media" logo, but not the video clip

Hello,

I have just upgraded to IE8.  My computer is windows XP.

I then tried going to www.uacinemas.com.hk.  There is a streaming video on
the website.  IE8 asked for my permission to use Windows Media Player.  I
clicked OK.  But then, I only saw the "Windows Media" logo and the 4 squares
hopping around inside the video area, instead of the video clip.  The audio
was played though.

What should I do to be able to see the video clip?  I don't think I have
such problem before with IE6.

Hope someone can help.

Herbert

0
Herbert

"Herbert Chan" <herbert@chan.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have just upgraded to IE8.  My computer is windows XP.
>
> I then tried going to www.uacinemas.com.hk.  There is a streaming video on
> the website.  IE8 asked for my permission to use Windows Media Player.  I
> clicked OK.  But then, I only saw the "Windows Media" logo and the 4
> squares hopping around inside the video area, instead of the video clip.
> The audio was played though.
>
> What should I do to be able to see the video clip?  I don't think I have
> such problem before with IE6.
>
> Hope someone can help.

I don't think there's anything wrong on your end, I think it's a problem
with the server that is serving up the Video file.

The link you posted is using a .asx file:
http://www.globalcomputerhk.com/clients/cityline/ms/tmwsg.asx

to serve up the following Windows Media Video file:
http://www.lingleesatisfaction.com/data/20091204/tmwsg.wmv

"lingleesatisfaction.com" is extreemly slow serving up the video file,
especially on a dialup connection.

You can rightclick on the following link and choose "Save Target As" to
download the the video file to your desktop for viewing:
http://www.lingleesatisfaction.com/data/20091204/tmwsg.wmv

The video is a trailer for the movie "The men who stare at goats".

Took me about an hour to download the video to my desktop using a dialup
connection.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> Herbert

0
Donald
1/8/2010 6:04:14 PM
I been to the Site with IE7 the video on Front page of site it plays but
know video on IE8?
I been to the Site with IE6 the video on Front page of site it plays but
know video
and I chick ENGLISH it say in need to upgrade Brower
I been to the Site with Opera the video on Front page of site it plays but
know video
I been to the Site with FireFox the video on Front page of site it plays but
know video

It look like it's the WebSite Not the Browers

"Herbert Chan" <herbert@chan.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have just upgraded to IE8.  My computer is windows XP.
>
> I then tried going to www.uacinemas.com.hk.  There is a streaming video on
> the website.  IE8 asked for my permission to use Windows Media Player.  I
> clicked OK.  But then, I only saw the "Windows Media" logo and the 4
> squares hopping around inside the video area, instead of the video clip.
> The audio was played though.
>
> What should I do to be able to see the video clip?  I don't think I have
> such problem before with IE6.
>
> Hope someone can help.
>
> Herbert

0
Hot
1/13/2010 2:50:31 AM
Bonjour/soir, le Tue, 12 Jan 2010 20:50:31 -0600, *Hot-text* a caressé son
clavier pour nous dire dans le message suivant:

> It look like it's the WebSite Not the Browers

Works fine with Firefox wihich launch VLC:
http://www.cijoint.fr/cj201001/cijXpaDQGj.png

--
Utiliser le butineur, le courriéleur, le lecteur de nouvelles
et le SE avec lesquels vous vous sentez le plus sécurisé ... ;)
Michel Doucet a écrit :
> Bonjour/soir, le Tue, 12 Jan 2010 20:50:31 -0600, *Hot-text* a caressé son
> clavier pour nous dire dans le message suivant:
>
>> It look like it's the WebSite Not the Browers
>
> Works fine with Firefox wihich launch VLC:
> http://www.cijoint.fr/cj201001/cijXpaDQGj.png

Vous n'en avez pas marre de répondre toujours à côté de la plaque pour
satisfaire vos obsessions monsieur le troll international ?
0
Averelll
1/13/2010 6:00:12 PM
Bonjour/soir, le Wed, 13 Jan 2010 19:00:12 +0100, *Averelll* a caressé son
clavier pour nous dire dans le message suivant:

>>> It look like it's the WebSite Not the Browers
>>
>> Works fine with Firefox wihich launch VLC:
>> http://www.cijoint.fr/cj201001/cijXpaDQGj.png
>>
> Vous n'en avez pas marre de répondre toujours à côté de la plaque pour
> satisfaire vos obsessions monsieur le troll international ?

I already told you that when you are "posting" on a foreign newsgroup to
use the language of this newsgroup ... so the readers will be able to see
how idiot you are !
Plonk

--
Utiliser le butineur, le courriéleur, le lecteur de nouvelles
et le SE avec lesquels vous vous sentez le plus sécurisé ... ;)
Michel
1/13/2010 7:23:24 PM
Michel Doucet a écrit :
> Bonjour/soir, le Wed, 13 Jan 2010 19:00:12 +0100, *Averelll* a caressé son
> clavier pour nous dire dans le message suivant:

>>> Works fine with Firefox wihich launch VLC:
>>> http://www.cijoint.fr/cj201001/cijXpaDQGj.png
>>>
>> Vous n'en avez pas marre de répondre toujours à côté de la plaque pour
>> satisfaire vos obsessions monsieur le troll international ?
>
> I already told you that when you are "posting" on a foreign newsgroup to
> use the language of this newsgroup ... so the readers will be able to see
> how idiot you are !
> Plonk

Vous vous êtes vu avec votre vilaine trogne de troll baveux ? Votre
langage sent le fiel et le rance depuis ces longues années à représenter
la honte de la francophonie.
0
Averelll

Writing an Anaglyph Video Presenter for the Windows Media Player 1
Dear community, Some time ago we implemented a DirectX Custom Renderer Filter, which is able to take a stereo video and render an anaglyph image. Now my question: What is the optimal solution to integrate such an anaglyph presenter into the Windows Media Player? - Extending the EVR with a custom presenter? (and how can i register my video for this specific resenter, so that the WMP uses my presenter instead of the EVR to show a stereo video) - Writing a DMO Rendering Plug-In? - what else is possible and useful? Suggestions are very welcome! :) Maybe somebody fr...

Windows media player 01-18-10
I wanted to thank microsoft for adding the right-click volume adjustment to Wmp11. I use Wmp frequently and another good add to WMP 11 i think would be when one song is playing i'd like to right-click on the next song i want to play with an option "next play". Play Next is indeed an option in WMP12. =) -- Speaking for myself only. See http://zachd.com/pss/pss.html for some helpful WMP info. This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. -- "BUDnarrow" <BUDnarrow@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Windows Media player 11 won't burn audio cd's
I have had my HP computer for 2 yrs and the Windows media player functioned properly up until 4 months ago. All of a sudden it will either not burn a music disc at all or the first few songs will burn and the rest will either skip or freeze up the disc in the player. I do not receive any error messages. Data CD's burn fine. I first bought new and different CD's with the same result. Then I thought it was a problem with the burner but I then used an alternate software program to burn music CD's and they were fine. Any suggestions, Thankyou -- rmyers8 Posted via http...

Receiving UDP streaming through Windows Media Player
Hi All, I am using Windows Media Player Version 11.0.5721.5268 and VLC version 1.0.3 I am trying to stream video over UDP between two media players, the transmitter is VLC and the receiver is Windows Media Player. To roll out networking problem I have installed VLC and Windows Media Player on the same IP host and I use 127.0.0.1 or the IP address assigned to the computer from my DHCP server. Please send free to send your reply as well to ramig-at-comsysmobile-dot-com I manage to do so when the receiver is VLC as well -- so there is no networking or firewall issue. My...

Windows Media does not always recognize phone
Windows Media Player Version: 11.0.5721.5268 Windows Operating System Version: Windows XP Task: Syncing the Media Files to a LG Chocolate Touch (VX8575) phone New phone; after dozens of attempts to sync media files from Windows Media Player, it has only recognized my phone once. Can't sync files to the phone. ...

Windows Media Radio High-Speed streams disabled in Chrome.
Windows Media Internet Radio is the most popular webradio network, and many of its stations have Low- and High-Speed streams. For these stations, Google Chrome disables the High-Speed station and what plays is the low-quality Low-Speed stream only. On Sun, 10 Jan 2010 05:29:01 -0800, Mike Row Soft <MikeRowSoft@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Windows Media Internet Radio is the most popular webradio network, and many >of its stations have Low- and High-Speed streams. For these stations, Google >Chrome disables the High-Speed station and what plays is the low-...

Windows media monopolizes Samsung video monitor screen
When I open .wmv attachment that is included in an e-mail, I initially see the entire Windows Media screen, complete with border, control buttons, etc., but then when the .wmv attachment actually opens, the video image overtakes the entire screen. I thereafter cannot control during plan of close upon completion the video image through any means - keyboard, etc. I have to boot out, then reboot the system. Have assumed this is simple fix, but neither myself nor my computer person can figure out what's going on. Thanks for any help. -- MEB On Fri, 7 May 2010 09:08:01 -0700...

Streaming Video only shows "Windows Media" logo, but not the video clip
Hello, I have just upgraded to IE8. My computer is windows XP. I then tried going to www.uacinemas.com.hk. There is a streaming video on the website. IE8 asked for my permission to use Windows Media Player. I clicked OK. But then, I only saw the "Windows Media" logo and the 4 squares hopping around inside the video area, instead of the video clip. The audio was played though. What should I do to be able to see the video clip? I don't think I have such problem before with IE6. Hope someone can help. Herbert "Herbert Chan" <herber...

Windows Media Player in Windows 7
With Windows Media Player 11 in Windows Vista, when i have a movie in .avi and the subtitle .srt (Both Files with the same name), i can see the movie with subtitle correctly. With Windows Media Player in Windows 7 Ultimate i only see the movie without subtitle. What is the Problem? Version of Media Player in W7 - 12.0.7600.16415 Best regards and thank you for your answers. Curious Hi, Windows 7 uses a new type of video decoders (called Windows Media Foundation) as opposed to the DirectShow filters used in Vista. No matter what decoders (K-lite codec pack, ffdshow, etc.) y...

Windows Media Player stopped finding albumn info
I've been using Windows Media Player 11 for a couple of years with mostly good results. Recently (since about last December), when I rip a new CD for the library, media player displays "Unknown Albumn" and won't manually or automatically find the albumn info, track info, or cover art. Has something changed? Is there some other setting that could be causing this problem? If you go to WMP's Options - Library, is "Retrieve additional information from the Internet" checked? Also, on the Privacy tab, "Display media information from the Internet&q...

Windows Media Player 12 (Video Run Time)
Can the video length be displayed in the player while it's running? Thanks WMP automatically hides the length if the width of the Now Playing window is too small. Make the window bigger until the length is displayed. If WMP still only displays the current position, click the time display until it shows both the current position and the total length. Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk On 31/05/2010 17:25, Skylo wrote: > Can the video length be displayed in the player while it's running? Thanks ...

Windows Media Center Update
This is a problem I have been having, this morning I wanted to use the WMC (Windows Media Center) TV internet service, but when I launched it in WMC it said for me to update WMC. I used Windows Update to check but I encountered "ERROR 80072efd", with that I decided to manually update WMC. Now that is my problem, I can't find the update for WMC. I have Windows Vista Home premium 32-bit, unknown WMC version. I request simple and strait forward responses, and I do not wish to update to Windows 7. You may encounter temporary connection-related errors [e.g., 0x80072EFD]...

Made an audio from Producer; file will not open in Windows Media
I recorded an audio with Microsoft Producer, at the end of the recording I saved the file in an audio folder. When I see the file in Producer it appears as a Windows Media [.wma] file in the folder I had selected. The file has the icon of a WM file and is in a Project within Producer. When I open the file from Microsoft Publisher, it cannot open the file as it soesn't understand the format. I cannot find any reason the file should not open. The odd part is that when you look for .wma files nothing shows up in the file; when you look at All Files [*.*] there the file is and this time...

Windows Media player
After opening Windows Media Player but before running an audio or video file, I have observed the following: Write to disk, pause, write to disk, pause, etc. The writes to disk never stop! How does one stop the writes to disk? ...

non posso esseguire i FILI VIDEO scaricate da internet con Windows Media Player.Sugerimenti?

Activex Windows Media Player control issue
I have a form with an Activex WMP control, and I wish to have the control play a .wma file when a command button is clicked. I want the .wma to be determined based on the currently displayed record (i.e. the record refers to a song, and I want that song to play). If I hard-code the path to the .wma into the Player.URL field, it works fine, but if I try to use a variable (constructed from fields and constants), it does not. I get an error "The file you are attempting to play has an extension (.wma") that does not match the file format. Playing the file may result in unexp...

Stretching Video in Windows Media Player 11
I have a computer running Windows Vista on a screen resolution of 1280x800. When I try to play videos with an aspect ratio of 4:3, on full-screen view in Windows Media Player (version 11), there are black bars on the left and right sides of the video. Is there any way to stretch the video in Windows Media Player, to fit the screen? On Tue, 27 Apr 2010 14:20:01 -0700, John <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a computer running Windows Vista on a screen resolution of 1280x800. >When I try to play videos with an aspect ratio of 4:3, on full-screen view in ...

Windows Media will not add my videos to the library
I have a new computer, Win7 64 bit. I have WMP, Winamp, and Zune. All three added my music library. Winamp and Zune added my video library. Media player, with the right folder, same as the others, will not add my videos. Help help. Thanks. ...

windows Media Center
Hi Gurus, Does anyone know how to add Video Library descriptions? When I go to the Video Library I can see all my home movies in AVI format (thumbnails) and I am trying to make it so I can put a one paragraph description for that movie that can be somehow be viewable. The "I" button on my remote doesnt bring up any real useful information. I am using Windows Vista Ultimate Media Center. Any assistance in this matter would be greatly appreciated. Cheers Try: My Movies for Windows Media Center http://www.mymovies.dk/download/windows-media-center.aspx ...

Windows Media Player and video thumbnails during playback
Windows Media Player and the directshow/directx SDK should have the ability to show video thumbnails by the time selector, as the video is in motion. This way you can decide to skip around through the video by clicking on a thumbnail time, similar to the way Movie Maker shows this in the timeline area. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Mic...

why no video format for my windows media creating dvd
my creating dvd has only data format; have seen some references to video format as well. this prevents me from copying movies, tv shows to a dvd that can then be shown on another dvd player "webbnc" <webbnc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A5FE37C-8D1C-42D1-A095-4C34BD721155@microsoft.com... > my creating dvd has only data format; have seen some references to video > format as well. this prevents me from copying movies, tv shows to a dvd > that > can then be shown on another dvd player Your question may be better answered in a news...

When one plays a video file in Windows Media Player,
When one plays a video file in Windows Media Player, is the video file always cached in memory so that when the file is played a second time, the file comes from the cache instead of the hard drive? Only the most recently played part of the file will be in disk cache. Consider the case of a 2 hour HD resolution TV program which would be about 16 GB in size, obviously not much of it could be in disk cache on a system with 2GB of main memory. "b11_" <b11@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:960EFF8E-D446-408B-81DC-3747AB64862D@microsoft.com... > W...

my windows media don't give video output
my windows media don't give video output. i need a help and i will be very grateful.Am using windows vista.thanks for your attention. "musaka44" <musa.samasa@orange.fr> wrote > my windows media don't give video output. i need a help > and i will be very grateful.Am using windows vista. This newsgroup is for discussion of and questions and answers about Microsoft Access database software. There are quite a number of newsgroups for each Microsoft product, including Windows Vista, on the free newsserver news.microsoft.com. In at least one of those, you a...

Windows Media Player on Windows 7
I configured a new dell laptop at first turn on, Windows 7 home premium. Got some problem with windows Media Player: it's not clear how to play internet radio audio streams: player don't recognize .PLS files, I didn't find "Play URL" and "Play bookmark" options, seems WMP menu bar disabled by default, that is highly inconvenient, what is sense to disable menu bar? I used Winamp player on my old pc and it is far more convenient. iTunes radioplayer is th ebes tin my opinion. It's free and radio itsel is free, has nothing todo with paid iTunes mu...

XP Windows Media Player 11 DVD Cover Art
In the Video Library XP Windows Media Player 11, I would like to replace the screen shot with the DVD Cover Art Can Anybody Help... -- Dee Jay ...