Slowness of IE8

My question is this: Why is the Internet Explorer so slow? and Why does my pc
freeze everytime the Internet explorer is downloading the page?
My computer freezes constantly when I use the Internet Explorer. I have
tried several settings on the advanced page but not much seems to make any
diference.
I have even tried the internet explorer with no add ons and there is no
difference.
Any suggestions?

Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version
when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next
reply.

1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

Explorer (No add-ons).

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7 &
IE8 in all OSS]

WinXP & Vista: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
Win7:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Reset-Internet-Explorer-settings

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
What third-party firewall (if any)?  WinXP or Vista: Were any of these
applications running in the background when you installed IE8?

it)?

Mona5728 wrote:
> My question is this: Why is the Internet Explorer so slow? and Why does my
> pc freeze everytime the Internet explorer is downloading the page?
> My computer freezes constantly when I use the Internet Explorer. I have
> tried several settings on the advanced page but not much seems to make any
> diference.
> I have even tried the internet explorer with no add ons and there is no
> difference.
> Any suggestions?
<paste from second post>
> The issue I have is this: The internet explorer is very slow to download
> each page and links load even slower. My pc freezes when I use internet
> explorer. What causes this? and What can I do to improve the performance
> of
> the internet explorer?
> Also, the internet explorer uses almost 2MB of memory both physical and
> virtual.
> Any suggestions how to plug the leak?

0
PA
2/23/2010 3:36:27 PM
Mona5728 wrote:

> My question is this: Why is the Internet Explorer so slow? and Why does my pc
> freeze everytime the Internet explorer is downloading the page?
> My computer freezes constantly when I use the Internet Explorer. I have
> tried several settings on the advanced page but not much seems to make any
> diference.
> I have even tried the internet explorer with no add ons and there is no
> difference.
> Any suggestions?

Also see replies to your SAME post submitted all of 6 minutes later.
0
VanguardLH

print web page IE8 with W7 HP
I do not know why but all of a sudden I cannot print anymore web pages. All I get is a blank page. I had a chat session with Microsoft US, they tried to find the problem but failed. Any help? Remember all worked fine in the beginning. Could a new defrag software which I recently installed cause the problem? Regards, FALKO Hi FALKO, Not knowing the name of the 'defrag software' is of no help in answering your question. We would also need to know which Windows version, service pack level and IE version you are using. Yes. EVERYTHING works fine in the beginning, an...

Build is slow.
Hello. The environment is 6.0 vc++. When one DLL has 1700 source codes. Build is slow. debug start takes time. Please teach a good solution. Thanks, Buy a faster computer. ;) AliR. "teratera" <teratera@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23DF80A8-723F-43A3-A5D9-7722EEA97578@microsoft.com... > Hello. > > The environment is 6.0 vc++. > When one DLL has 1700 source codes. > > Build is slow. > debug start takes time. > Please teach a good solution. > > Thanks, > "teratera" <teratera@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Slow Navigating Folders for attachments!!
Using Outlook-2002. Recently, since about a month ago, when I try to save attachments or attach files to messages and attempt to navigate to the folder of interest (after I click on the attach button), navigation is VERY slow - like if I click on a sub-folder, it may take over a minute for that sub-folder to open. It doesn't matter if other apps are running, or if I'm just changing to a different drive, or to the root directory. Everything takes minutes! It renders it useless :-( Any ideas? ...

Slow Slow Slow
When I click between different emails in my inbox, it takes ages for it to appear on the display. My internet connection is super fast. I have recently had to reinstall Office XP and I think a setting has been changed somewhere. I have an anti-virus but it never slowed it down like this before. To put in perspective, I've had 120 spams today and its took 37 minutes to delete them because of this problem. I have ran a virus check and its fine. Any thoughts on a registry tweak?? Cheers Carl Carl Sheldon <ccshell@courtlands5.freeserve.co.uk> wrote: > When I click between differe...

Word 2003
It takes sometimes 10 seconds when I press crtl+c (copy) or crtl+x (cut) in a text inside Word 2003. Even if it is only one word it takes a lot of time just to copy or cut or paste it. That does not happen in Excel or Power Point only in Word. Please can anybody help me to solve this very annoying issue? Thank you very much indeed, Anderson From reading other postings on this forum, it seems that poor AddIns can cause this latency. I have also found that doing a clean up of the temp files seems to help as well. Hope this helps DeanH "Anderson" wrote: ...

slow loading, slow updating
I am using MS Money in a non-standard application. I am maintaining ledgersin checkbook fashion for 100 accounts, each set up as a separate checking account. Each of those has 3 transactions set up as automatic bill pays. Other than that, there are very few entries, averaging 6 per year at most. The program takes about 5 minutes to load. Corrections, such as posting bill payments, takes approx 10 seconds to cycle through: Open, edit, enter, wait........ Open, edit, enter, wait.....etc. I am not doing any online updating or anything like that. Is there anything I can do to speed this ...

Slow Viewing e-mails
Suddenly it's very slow to view e-mails in Outlook 2002. Any kind of e-mail, with or without attachments. It worked fine until a few days ago. Anyone have any ideas? Found an answer to the problem in another post. Simply turning of the Messenger Integration fixed everything. /Johan >-----Original Message----- >Suddenly it's very slow to view e-mails in Outlook 2002. >Any kind of e-mail, with or without attachments. It >worked fine until a few days ago. Anyone have any ideas? >. > On 25 nov 2003 Johan wrote: > Found an answer to the problem in another pos...

why GetFieldValue() is so slow
I get connected a vfp6 dbf file, and the total record number is about 50000, I want to export specified field value ( most of their type are string), and the result is correct, but it works toooooo slow, and I find the function GetFieldValue takes most time. my code is: while(!m_Rs.IsEOF()) { for(index=0; index < m_ListDest.GetCount(); index++) { strLine=m_pSortItem[m_pSortList[index]]; m_Rs.GetFieldValue(m_pSortList[index], strVal); strVal.TrimRight(_T(' ')); if(strVal == "" && m_isFilter) continue; strLine.Insert(0, _T('[')); ...

Outlook 2003 Pro with XP Pro Too Slow with McAfee 2004
I just bought a new high-end brandname laptop with XP Pro. In it, I: - installed Office 2003 Pro, - installed McAfee Internet Security Center 6.0 2004 (including Firewall, AntiVirus, Privacy Service, Spamkiller), and - downloaded and installed all latest MS and McAfee software updates, by the books. Hoping to lessen intra-computer response, I opted out some sub-features in McAfee. The installations were easy. Without McAfee, Outlook 2003 was fast, reliable. After installing and working with McAfee, Outlook 2003 is miserably slow in most operations (send/receive, clicking on ema...

Install ActiveX on Windows XP / IE8
Hi, I created a non-admin installation package to take advantage of the new IE8 features to deploy my ActiveX control. It works perfectly on Windows Vista+ but not on Windows XP (the yellow bar is never displayed). Here is the content of my INF file: [version] signature="$CHICAGO$" AdvancedINF=2.0 [Add.Code] DbCtrlEx.ocx=DbCtrlEx.ocx [Deployment] InstallScope=user [DbCtrlEx.ocx] file-win32-x86=thiscab clsid={97012969-FEFB-4F8F-A03C-67F83D139E8F} RegisterServer=yes FileVersion=1,0,0,1 RedirectToHKCU=yes If I remove the Deployment section it works...

Exchange 2000 very slow
My Exchange 2000 SP4 is very slow and every computer keep showing the Outlook Send/Receive Progress window. This is happen every morning. I have to restart the Exchange Server twice a day, once in the morning and later in the afternoon. Once I do that then everything is ok until the afternoon around 3:30pm. Could someone please tell what could be causing this problem and how can I solve the problem? Thanks in advance, Look for any processes that start to eat more ram throughout the day. if you see one find out what app it is from and check the manufacturer for an update. Sounds li...

Trouble installing IE8
When I tried to install IE8 I got the following message: The procedure point SHRegValueW could not be located in the dynamic link library SHLWAPI.dll. Any ideas on how to fix this? I did restart my computer to see if this message wasn't critical to IE8's function. It must be, however, since IE 6 is what is still on my machine. Thanks, Celia Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. What anti-virus application or security suite...

slow printing
Just installed new dell for boss with win2k and office 2k, all update including w2k sp4 and off2k sp3. User now states that his HP4000 laser prints slow compared to his win98 that this machine replaced. The slow printing only seem to occur in excell - other programs seem fine. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks Bob Page ...

Slow or no communication at all
Hello all. Since I'm new around here, please let me know if this is the right place to post this. I've been checking these forums for a long time now, but fortunately I always found what I was looking for and never had the need to post. For that, I want to thank you all for the tremendous work (and help) everyone participating here have been given throughout these years. The problem that brings me here today, relates not entirely to the SBS 2003. What happens is that we have several MAC OS machines connecting to several shares in a SBS 2003. Everything was ok untill one o...

My IE8 32 bit in Windows 7 (64 bit) fails to execute hyperlinks sometimes
Sometimes clicking on hypertext links in the subject environment (windows7 64 bit, ie8*32 appears to do nothing, although each click adds an additional iexplore*32 process to the task manager. These processes persist until terminated in task manager. Any clue as to how to troubleshoot/repair? steve What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the computer (e.g., a...

Money 2006 to 2008
I got the dreaded notice that I needed to update so that I could continue my services. Was running 2006. No problems. Upgraded to Money Plus 2008. I really am using just the basic features for now. It takes *forever* to open. Once I do an online update and it completes, it takes about twice or three times as long to return control to me as 2006 did. Any way to speed it up? I'm running Vista on a not too ancient dual core 2.2 GHz with 4 GB RAM. In microsoft.public.money, Grouch wrote: >I got the dreaded notice that I needed to update so that I could >continue my services....

Outlook runs slow
After downloading and installing an optional backup add-in from the microsoft website, i have noticed that outlook runs very slow now. Whenever i recieve new emails, there is a long delay when i select it to when the email actually appears. As well as when i delete it or adjust them in any way. This has caused me to delete wrong emails because i can't tell which one is selected because the delay in highlighting and bringing up the current email. Anyon have any idea why this is happening? Thanks for any help, Adam If you have Outlook 2002, try going to Tools -> Options -> Other...

why is synchronizing so slow in Outlook Live
I am using Outlook Live and find that the synchronizing of my folders is exceedingly slow. I can understand that at home (26.4 Kbps), but at work I'm on a 384 DSL connection. Further, it is not uncommon to simply get "stuck" at, say, 20 of 93 messages. Perhaps related, perhas not, is the fact that when I send and receive on my hotmail account, I get hung up at 99% done. ...

Slow Access 97 since moving to new 2003 Server
We have an access 97 MDB that we had on an NT4.0 server. We have about 30 wrksts that have mdb front ends loaded locally to access the MDB backend. All was great until this evening when we decided to ditch the 9 yr old NT 4 server and replace it with a Dell Dual Xeon 2003 R2 server. All data copied form the old server to the new server was perfect. Performance increases were everywhere when we talk about network thru put. However, once we try to get the workstations in to the database on the new server, performance leaves and QUICK !. To compare, the old server/workstation combo would ta...

IE8 32bit Windows 7 Home Premium crashes immediately on opening
I've seen this problem all over the internet starting last summer, but none of the threads seem to have a solution. IE8 32-bit running on Windows 7 crashes immediately upon opening. It does not offer to send the log to microsoft after checking for a solution. The only option is close program. If I "Run as Administrator" I can get the 64 bit version working, but that turns off protected mode and is undesirable. This just started a couple days ago, and NOTHING I've found or tried in a ream of threads (that happen in Vista also) solves the problem. A few th...

Slow Barcode Printing
Hi, I'm facing a problem at my client side that after installing and configuring MS SO v2, the labels of the items are printed very slow as compared to their previous system. Client has Monarch 9820 label printer and is used to very speedy barcode printing. In their existing system, they had a utilty that send what is need to be printing directly at machine level. However, perhaps SO takes labels as fonts etc. I need to speed up the barcode printing. Please help This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0179_01C9079C.8FA249C0 Content-Type: text/plain; ch...

Outlook slowed down seriously
My Outlook 2003 started slowing down seriously 2 days ago. It still works, but VERY slow. Not only during sending and receiving emails, just the whole program. E.g. when I click on the Outlook button on the task bar to get Outlook reappear, the Outlook frame and toolbars appear, but it takes ages for Outlook to show its content. Opening an email, and opening next email take ages (1 minute!) as well. The Task Manager shows only 3% of the CPU resources and a usual 50% of my 1MB memory are used, 50% HDD free, the HHD (or processor?) use indicator light not fully on, so it's not an overload of...

Preview of Messages slow after changing TIME on PC
I have been using Outlook 2002 SP2 with no problems. I could click on any message in any folder and it displayed instantly. Then I noticed that the time on my PC was wrong ( 12 hours ) so I changed it. Now when it takes 4-5 seconds to display the message. Changing the time back does not fix the problem. HELP Please..... Found it in Newgroup. Yes, is is fixed by disabling Instant Messenger in Outlook. BUT, it can also be fixed by ALLOWing Instant messenger to run in background. >-----Original Message----- >I have been using Outlook 2002 SP2 with no problems. I >could click on...

Office seems to be slow
"How to troubleshoot Office for Mac documents that open slower than expected" http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=892959 The article describes various things that can cause Office 2004 to be slow and offers suggestions on how to speed things up. -Jim -- Jim Gordon Mac MVP MVP FAQ <http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-US;mvpfaqs> ...

Slowness
Hi, Excel has become very slow. I have Norton Anti-Virus and Excel says that it is checking for viruses in the bottom left corner of the screen. But it sits there for several seconds before it starts checking for viruses. Any ideas? Thanks, Jim I now use AVG but, as I recall, you can tell norton NOT to check excel. Look in options and preferences, etc. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Jim Cannon" <jamescannon@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:uprzHaaIFHA.3332@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Hi, > Excel has become very slow. I have Norton Ant...