scripto to cut/paste to next field

Here is my situation:

1)	A page on IE will be open, and I will have a cursor in a field on the
page (field that has text in it)
2)	I need to hit a shortcut (ctrl-shft-something) that cuts everything to
the right of the cursor, advances a field (effectively, replicates ‘tab’
action), and pastes

Anyone have some code (and instructions on what to do with the code) that
may solve the above?

--
Boris

"BorisS" <BorisS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D4B54CE9-F2A4-4195-B2E3-ABA75A49202C@microsoft.com...
> Here is my situation:
>
> 1) A page on IE will be open, and I will have a cursor in a field on the
> page (field that has text in it)

> 2) I need to hit a shortcut (ctrl-shft-something) that cuts everything to
> the right of the cursor, advances a field (effectively, replicates 'tab'
> action), and pastes

Sounds like you need a keyboard macro which does:
Shift-End,Ctrl-x,Tab,Ctrl-v

> Anyone have some code (and instructions on what to do with the code) that
> may solve the above?
>
> --
> Boris

0
Robert

Paste charts to reference new worksheet
When I copy and paste a chart between worksheets, the new chart plots the data series from the old sheet. I want it to plot the values from the new sheet (of cells with the same references). How do I do it? Copy the sheet with the data and the chart, then change the data on the copied sheet. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "hmm" <hmm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:684E0EA7-CE12-4A88-8452-A6A8337B26EC@microsoft.com... > When I copy and paste a chart between worksheets, the...

How do I keep Publisher from cutting off part of a border?
Publisher keeps cutting off the bottom and side border when I print (depending on what type of set up I have). Right now I'm trying to print postcards (Avery 3380), 4 postcards to a page and it keeps cutting off the border on the right side. skmarshall <skmarshall@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > Publisher keeps cutting off the bottom and side border when I print > (depending on what type of set up I have). Right now I'm trying to > print postcards (Avery 3380), 4 postcards to a page and it keeps > cutting off the border on the ri...

Extract some fields from a Row to a column #2
Hi! Frank Thanks for your help, Follows a sample of my database, as you'll see try to get the info in row 2 to column B and row 3 to Column C. Thanks Again Column A Column B ColumnC Column D Colum E Row 1 GEORGE CLAUDIA Row 2 Row 3 SARASOTA F 34237 Row 2 2750 RINGLING BLVD Row 3 Phone: (941) 954-5536 Row 1 GEORGE DESPINA CPA APALACHICOLA FL 32320 Row 2 99 MARKET ST Row 3 Phone: (850) 653-2770 Row 1 GEORGE F CPA PA TALLAHASSEE FL 32308 Row 2 170...

insert next record in data base.
I'm trying to make a church members book. I created a data base and set up my fields, then, merged into my text box, but I can't get it to go to create mulituble records. How do I get it to move on to the next record I would like to have 2 records on a page. Are you viewing print preview? It will show the same data in each text box, this is a bug in the Publisher program. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Charlie B" <Charlie B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12EEB947-5FAC-...

Copy and paste #12
I have a spreadsheet with hyperlinks. I want to change the text in the cell by copying and pasting the text from another cell WITHOUT changing the underlying hyperlink. I copied, then paste special|Values and the old link was kept. (I tested in xl2003) Lionround wrote: > > I have a spreadsheet with hyperlinks. I want to change the text in the cell > by copying and pasting the text from another cell WITHOUT changing the > underlying hyperlink. -- Dave Peterson ...

cutting marks
Hi. I have designed some compliments slips for work, and i have set it up in publisher so that it prints 3 copies on a page. Can anyone tell me how i can print off the marks to show where each on starts and ends (basically to cut across) Thanks alot Angel_1 wrote: > Hi. I have designed some compliments slips for work, and > i have set it up in publisher so that it prints 3 copies > on a page. Can anyone tell me how i can print off the > marks to show where each on starts and ends (basically to > cut across) > Thanks alot =================================== Insert a d...

Paste Special as Text
I have a small program that drops text from a Word table into Excel using Paste Special as Text. Although Paste Special as Text should insert the contents of the clipboard as text without any formatting this does not appear to be happening as it did with Excel 2000 . Excel 2003 splits the data when it meets a New Line or Carriage Return and drops anything after it down to row below. Any ideas what is causing this behaviour Thanks for your assistance Phil ...

Cell contents-display extends into next cell (???)
Hello, all [=D What's probably a very simple format-setting has got me baffled.... I was copying some columns & then pasting them (paste special > values) into a fresh worksheet, in order to get rid of all the tick marks at the beginning of the cells. The tick marks are gone. But now, for some reason I can't figure out, in the column's cells on the new sheet--in a column formatted as General-- when there's too much text to fit into their own column, it's extending into the neighboring cell. For example, if Column A is 75 pixels wide, and I happen to have 85 pixel...

pasting pics
When I cut an image from the web and try to paste it into an email, it always goes way over to the right side instead of along the left. This does not happen when I insert a pic from my files. Is there any way to correct this so that it pastes to the left? Thanks... ...

Cut and Paste
When I update to Office XP Service Pack 3, cut/copy and paste quits working with Publisher 2002, but when I uninstall it and reinstall SP 2, it works fine again. Thanks -- RS in SD So are you saying that you do a copy and then paste, nothing is pasted, or are you getting an error? -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.mvps.org/publisher This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Rosser" wrote: > When I update to Office XP Service Pack 3, cut/copy and paste quits working with Publisher 2002, but when I uninstall it ...

Paste Special #2
Hello All, Can anyone tell me if there is any difference with the right-click Paste Special on Excel 97 and Excel 2000 or XP? I have 2000 and XP. I don't used 97 any more so thats why I asked. I need to know what 97 has. I need to make sure a User can paste a whole sheet results but not the formulas in 97. One other question: Is there a name for the square to the left of Column A and above Row 1? Its the one when you click on it, it displays in the name box '65536R x 256C'. I want the User to click on that to select the whole sheet and paste special/ values only to save results to ...

How to Kill Copy-Paste
I have workbooks that are used by groups of 30-40 people. Although INSTRUCTION is provided warning about indiscriminat Copy-Paste (because Conditional Formatting/Data Validation/etc "travels/get pasted"), I continue to get calls...."The Spreadsheet is broke". I have found how to turn off Drag & Drop. Is there any way to turn off Cut & Paste -- my91 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- my911's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2673 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread....

CUT & PASTE PROBLEM
I have two spreadsheets that I'm working between in separate workbooks. If I cut a row of data from one spreadsheet and paste it in the other workbook, it changes the date column. For example, if I cut a row that shows a date of 3/15, when I paste in the other workbook it changes the date to 3/14. It always backs off the date by 1 day on the paste portion. I've checked to make sure there isn't any conditional formatting of some kind, but there isn't. Any idea what's causing this? Thanks. Show the year for those date cells. If you're actually off by 4 years a...

Copy from Word, Paste into Publisher
I have just upgraded from a very old version of Publisher (97!) to Pub. 2007 and have found that when I copy from Word, and paste into the new Publisher, it defaults to "Use Destination Styles" When really I would prefer it default to "Keep text only". This is to say that the text I am pasting over in Publisher is Arial 6.5 Italics, but it pastes to whatever it was in Word - when the old Publisher would paste it in whatever format I have highlighted over the top of. I do a LOT of copying and pasting from Word, and am finding that I have to do this extra click and f...

Type cut off
I am trying to print a line of text in a rotated text box to go on the spine of a notebook. The line look fine on the screen, but part of it is cut off when I try to print it. (It's a rectangular cut into the Capital letter -- not the edge of a line that exceeds the size of the text box). I suspect the problem is a memory problem, but my printer (a Canon S300) has no way to increase its memory. I have tried creating a new document with only the single rotated word in it, and the problem persists. The word prints OK if it is not rotated. Any suggestions? Is it real close to the edg...

Formating text in a text field
Does anyone have any ideas on how to add a blank space between fields being mapped to a text field? I have 4 fields I want to pull into one field with a space between each one. No HTML code works, is there a way to create the blank space So my workflow will map 3-4 fields to a text field but I would like a space between the values. insert value 1 (no problem) need to insert a space insert value 2 need to insert space insert value 3 Denzel Workflow assembly can deliver the functionallity you need. Check SDK for a sample. Hope this helps, Jevgenij "Denzel" <Denzel@discuss...

How to force the user to fill in values for yes/no fields ?
Hi ! I'm using MS Access 2003. I have a table with a number of yes/no fields. When a new record is started, I want the user to explicitly specify a value for each of these fields, e.g. by choosing one of two radio buttons associated with the field. Now, it was no problem for me to arrange an option group with two suitable radio buttons for each of these fields. The user can then choose explicitly between yes and no. However, all fields seem to have implicit values immediately after a new record has been started. Therefore, the new record can be stored in the db without the user making...

Quickly moving down one row on pasted data from another worksheet.
Ok, this should be fairly simple but I'm a excel novice. I have two worksheets. One contains all data with each row representing a different store. I then have another worksheet that is a form. I need to fill out a form for each store. The information maps the same every time, just one row down. It looks like this... WORKSHEET1 A B C D E 1 A1 B1 C1 D1 E1 2 A2 B2 C2 D2 E2 WORKSHEET2 Name: =Worksheet1!A1 Company: Worksheet1!B1 Parts: Worksheet1!...

Database flag whether the attribute (field) is displayed on the form or not
Hello all! Can anyone point me to the SQL Server table and field that contains the information about whether an attribute field is displayed on a form or not. For example, if I remove the "Priority" field from the Case form, the attribute is not deleted but I presume there's some boolean field in an SQL table that is being modified by this change. I need to know where to find this information about the attribute fields. Thanks in advance, Hrvoje "Hrvoje" <hrvojev@recro-net.hr> wrote in message news:e8SrZ1gNKHA.5488@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hello all...

Not able to Receive an Item through RMA in Field Service
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000E_01CA103F.BBDD7F80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hello Great People (GP) We are using GP 10.0 SP3 I am trying to receive a serialized item through RMA and it is giving = me a very strange message " This serial number has been used on an other = document by another user" . I have searched and look all over the places and there is only single = Invoice and customer and I am exactly following the same path to = received back from that customer...

strange thing when cutting and pasting in excel
HI, I am dealing with a block of data that is 8X12. The data is generated on a networked piece of lab equipment and I save the results into my folder. When I get back to my workstation to retrieve the data, I open the folder and then perform "move or copy" to copy this opened worksheet into another workbook. Then I copy data from one worksheet to another in the same notebook so I can arrange the data. The strange thing is when I highlight the block of data and copy and then move to the other worksheet and paste only 10 of the columns are pasted. I need to return to the previou...

ATP should show Field Service Information
ATP is a great tool. However, it should integrate with Field Service. It should show items on RMA (not customer owned, of course). It should show WO information ...

There should be user defined fields on SOP lines
There should be user defined fields on SOP lines ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=4db900e2-549f-40d2-bc4d-f32e802109bd&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains I ...

Pivot table- Calculated Field
Please assist I want to show the % difference for the last dates entered. item # 12/12/04 12/13/04 %Change item1 100 110 9.1% item2 24 35 It places this date in all the columns: 01/0/1900. Thanks Gwen If you format the cells as percentage, you may see the correct results. To format them, select the column with %Change Click the % button on the formatting toolbar. Gwen wrote: > I want to show the % difference for the last dates entered. > item # 12/12/04 12/13/04 %Change > ...

Filling a form field using check boxes
This is way above my head: I have a form with check-boxes for different options, each option representing a living arrangement such as "owns a home," "rents," Is Single," etc. Further I have each check-box additionally titled as "A" "B" etc for each arrangement so I can have those alphabetical designations appear in a form field (and there will usually be more than one). I would like to select one or more check-boxes and have either numeric (1,2,3,...) or alphabetical (A,B,C,...) results appear in this form field. Ideally, if you desel...