Reinstall of IE8

How can I reinstall IE8?
The IE8 download site recognizes that I already have IE8.

--
Bob M

Hi Bob,

One would ask why you want to re-install IE8.

What is broken so much that you cannot fix it?

Apart from that you can only re-install IE8 on XP/SP2-3 machines by first
uninstalling it an reverting back to your previous IE version and then
downloading and installing the latest version from the IE site.

To repair IE 8 go Start>Control Panel>Internet Options - Advanced tab, click
the "Reset" button.

Regards.

"BobM" <BobM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How can I reinstall IE8?
> The IE8 download site recognizes that I already have IE8.
>
> --
> Bob M

0
rob
Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version
when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next
reply.

BobM wrote:
> How can I reinstall IE8?
> The IE8 download site recognizes that I already have IE8.

0
PA

Reinstall " framedyn.dll "
I've been to Google for this but I still have not had any success . Might there be a solution without paying for this supposed fix ? I'm running XP SP3 , OE 6 . TIA , D. "Application Has Failed to Start Because Framedyn.dll Was Not Found" Error Message When You Open the System Properties Dialog Box http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319114 D. wrote: > I've been to Google for this but > I still have not had any success . > Might there be a solution without > paying for this supposed fix ?...

IMF
We had a problem with IIS which meant we had to remove and reinstall it. Since we have it back up and running IMF seems to no longer work. when trying to reinstall sp2 for exchange 2003 it is saying a previous version of imf exists. This is definatley not IMF v1 as we have had SP2 installed for a while and no problems. Any ideas how i can workaround this problem? Just as a side note OWA has also stopped working, when inputting your username and password you get a message saying: "HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden". Not sure if they are related as of yet. Cheers in advance for any he...

IE8 Not Displaying Hyperlinks
I have a website that I host with Yahoo. It has worked properly for months and, beginning a few days ago, the links to other pages on the site do not appear on the screen. Everything works fine in Firefox or IE7 but not IE8. The site is www.unconventionalhealth.com and the problem is with the menu items in the left column. They display properly on the home page and site map but not on any of the pages linked in the left column menu. I tried clearing the browser's buffer. I deleted all files on the Yahoo server and reloaded them. Nothing seems to help. The Yahoo help d...

I can't reinstall the Personal Folders Backup
M=E9xico DF January 11 of 2003 After I reinstall Office 2003 Professional I can't=20 install the Outlook 2003 add-in: PERSONAL FOLDERS BACKUP. I download the installer plbackup and when I start I see=20 setup has detect that you already have a version of=20 Personal Folders Backup installed on the machine. Before=20 this download can be installed you must uninstall the=20 previous version, to uninstall please answer YES to the=20 next question. Are you sure you want to uninstall the product? I answer YES I see this action is only valid for products that are=20 installed. SETUP ERRO...

Reinstall of IE8
How can I reinstall IE8? The IE8 download site recognizes that I already have IE8. -- Bob M Hi Bob, One would ask why you want to re-install IE8. What is broken so much that you cannot fix it? Apart from that you can only re-install IE8 on XP/SP2-3 machines by first uninstalling it an reverting back to your previous IE version and then downloading and installing the latest version from the IE site. To repair IE 8 go Start>Control Panel>Internet Options - Advanced tab, click the "Reset" button. Regards. "BobM" <BobM@discussions.micros...

How can I reinstall my mouse by keyboard?
Windows XP Pro. SP3 My mouse stopped working for no apparent reason. Device Manager -> PS/2 Compatible Mouse Properties -> General [tab] -> Device Status says, "Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information in the registry is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19) Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device." Troubleshooter says, "Uninstall and then reinstall your device." To do this I must right-click the device in Device Manager and then click Uninstall -> Confirm Device Removal -> OK. However, I c...

Reinstall Publisher 2002
Due to drive limitations, had to install new drive. Reinstalled Windows XP/SP2 and Office XP/SP3. 1) Can I either run Publisher 2002 directly from the disc, or install on an external USB drive to conserve C drive space? or must I do a reinstall on C? 2) If I do install on C, can I later remove using Add/Remove and then later reinstall? I don't think you can completely run Publisher from the disk. I could be wrong but I think those days are pretty much gone. I don't think installing it on a removable drive will work either. Same caveat as before. If you install/uninstall/re...

reinstall
need to change fiscal year set up and delete all non essential data, do I need to reinstall or there is another possibility? ...

how do I reinstall money after OS reinstall
I had to reinstall XP, and lost all installed programs, registry, etc. I still have the old hard drive, so I have the installed files for money, office, etc. But none of them are really installed. I do not see a setup file anywhere, and trying to run the exe I get a message that I have to run setup. I downloaded the software, and suppose I no longer have the original downloaded file. Money should be able to run with the files I have, but I have to get it installed. Can anyone help? In microsoft.public.money, Kenny8 wrote: >I had to reinstall XP, and lost all installed prog...

IE8 works, but Firefox, Opera etc. do not
On a laptop loaded with XP Pro (SP2), IE8 and Outlook Express appears to work fine. However, other browsers (Firefox & Opera) cannot seem to connect to the Net and Outlook 2007 cannot send/receive e-mail. What could be wrong and what could be done to fix this? Thanks Ganz Doof wrote: > On a laptop loaded with XP Pro (SP2), IE8 and Outlook Express > appears to work fine. However, other browsers (Firefox & Opera) > cannot seem to connect to the Net and Outlook 2007 cannot > send/receive e-mail. > What could be wrong and what could be done to fix this? ...

IE8 will cause photosmart essentials 2.5 to stop working correctly
IE8 wiped out printer drivers. After reinstalling photosmart essentials 2.5 stopped working. You are in for a world of hurt after installling Explorer 8. I don't know what I'm going to do. Contact HP Support or see... http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-US&q=site%3Ah30434.www3.hp.com+photosmart+%2B+ie8+OR+%22internet+explorer+8%22&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai JSC wrote: > IE8 wiped out printer drivers. After reinstalling photosmart essentials > 2.5 > stopped working. You are in for a world of hurt a...

Reinstalling Windows 7
I have win 7 running ... well, crawling... on a new quad core computer (it really started its slow-down after installing Office 2007). Its so sluggish that I've decided to do a fresh reinstall. Drive C is partitioned and the second partition (F) carries all my data. Its backed up, but I'd like, if possible to format C without interfering with F, reinstalling Win 7 on C. Is that possible? I have the original install disk, and I particularly want to start off from scrathj with a formatted C. How sluggish is my pc? Well, even with just 3 or 4 worksheets opened and no...

Reinstalled Software
Hi! I'm having an Office v. X problem, and I was hoping someone could help me. A few days ago, I reinstalled the system software that came with my Emac (I am using 10.2.4). Previously, I had installed Office Student and Teacher Edition. When my computer restarted after the software reinstallation, MSN Messenger was working fine. Powerpoint, Excel, and Entourage gave me the message "The Office v. X test drive has expired..." Word was still renamed "Evil Application of Doom", a name I gave it, so I assumed it was fine and it functioned for a few times. Then, it started g...

Reinstalling outlook 2000 on reinstalled OS
I need to reinstall my operating system to resolve several hardware issues I'm having. What are the names and locations of the files I need to save so I don't lose any of my data within Outlook 2000? Thank you. ...

Cannot reinstall 2004
I had to rebuild my O/S and my machine this weekend, and now cannot use my Money 2004. The only file I have is the original trial version that I downloaded last year. I had then bought the program online, and still have my activation code. However, when I launch MS Money now and sign in on passport, it starts to load my money file, then the program shuts down becaues it is after jan 1 2005 because my install is a trial version. I tried resetting the date, but then passport won't sign me in. How do I put in my activation code so that it knows I'm registered with the Deluxe version?...

IE8 settings
I have been using IE8 for several months on 2 different laptops..I have installed all updates as recommended..IE8 on both began runninng very slow, hanging up. It was recommended that I delete or change the settings for "cookies"..I went into tools/saftey and did just that, deleted cookies. This helped, however when I went to use my web-based e-mail, which has several frames, i.e. top of page shows list of e-mails, bottom part of screen shows which e-mail you are reading, I can no longer scroll in the bottom screen and the part of the message in overlapped with the ad...

Reinstalling
My friend wants me to reformat his computer because of the amout of viruses and other things he has got'n over the years. The only problem is that his wife use's MS Money to handel all the bills. The MS Money program they use came with the computer so they do not have a disk, or a CD Key. Is there any way to go about getting a Key for them so I can reformat his computer, and reinstall MS Money so that they can use it? In microsoft.public.money, Chris Sommervold wrote: >My friend wants me to reformat his computer because of the amout of viruses >and other things he has got...

Reinstalling Office #2
I have an Office 2004 upgrade package. When I first installed it, it found office x and I ended up with two Office folders (one for each version) I am in the need of reinstalling OS X. I have made a back up of my MS folder inside the documents folder. Is this the only folder to back up? After I install OS X do I install Office 2004 upgrade or do I need to install vX first? I would appreciate detailed instructions as I am not that computer savvy. Thanks The MS User Data folder holds your Entourage data, but see here for some pointers to other things (especially re Word) that you may consid...

outlook 2007 will not open.do i need to uninstall and reinstall?
outlook did not close properly when my computer shut itself off. next time i wanted outlook, it did not open. Message "cannot start microsoft office outlook.cannot open the outlook window" what do i do?? Can you start it in safe mode. If yes post back Start > Run > outlook.exe /resetnavpane (notice the space between outlook.exe and /resetnavpane) -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "laura22" <laura22@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

Synching IE8 favorites on multiple computers
I use IE8 on more than one computer and I'd like to find an off-line solution to keeping my bookmarks the same on all them. I don't want to use an online service as I'd rather be able to do the whole thing right on my own network. Is there a reasonable way to do this? I wouldn't mind using a third-party program if I could find a reliable one. TIA. Gary Visit our website and do the jigsaw puzzle at www.under-1-roof.com/PuzzlePage.html "Gary" <gary@under-1-roof.com> wrote in message news:usRYff6vKHA.5008@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > ...

IIS Reinstall
Is there a way to remove and reinstall IIS and have it automatically pick up the EXCHANGE Specific stuff for OWA and whatever other ities Exchange has in with IIS? Thanks K You can reset these directories to default permissions but you will need to reinstall Exchange if you want to reinstall IIS. -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2007 Microsoft Certified Partner "Kerry" <Kerry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AFC2BA7F-92B0-4E8F-9E3A-E6231EAF84AF@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to remove and reinstall IIS and have it automatically pick...

Reinstalling ...
I'm reinstalling Windows Xp and wanted to save my emails, account settings, etc. How do I go about doing that. I remember something about outlook.pst file but that only stores your emails and not directories or email accounts/settings. Thanks ... All Outlook data (mail, calendar, contacts, etc...) is kept within the pst-file. You can save your settings of Outlook and other Office application by using the Save My Settings Wizard you can find in the Start Menu wiht the other Office shortcuts. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do ...

IE8 doesn't display some images
I have two sites, http://www.ukclimbing.com/ and http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/ where on those two pages there is part of the page that doesn't load. All I get is a blank square with a little box in the top left hand corner with some coloured blobs in it. Everything else on those pages and indeed the rest of the site works OK. How do I get the page to load properly? These are the only two sites/pages that do this AFAIK.... Screenshots here http://cid-e60ce3038809e993.skydrive.live.com/browse.aspx/Computing/IE%20display "Gordon" <gordon.bur...

Damaged .bkf - Reinstall pub.edb only
Exchange Server 2003; PC hosting it failed, and .bkf damaged or corrupt. What is left (and what I'm interested in) is the pub.edb. Don't care about transtaction logs. Easyiest way to restore the public folders (pub.edb) to a fresh new server? Did you give the fresh new server the same name as the old Exchange server? I believe that's the only way you are going to be able to restore a copy of the pub.edb and allow it to be mounted. When you set up the new server, you would install Exchange using the /disasterrecovery switch, then install the same service pack as the ori...

download via ie8 32 bit takes me to bing search
hen I download anything via my Win 7 64 bit Home Premium laptop via IE8 32 bit, it takes me to Bing search site and download never starts. If I try any download with IE8 64 bit no problem. Any ideas on how to solve this? -- George Hi, 32bit Download Managers don't work on IE x64. Regards. "Geo B" <GeoB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF6A55DE-C841-40C1-A382-EF458312D61B@microsoft.com... > hen I download anything via my Win 7 64 bit Home Premium laptop via IE8 32 > bit, it takes me to Bing search site and download never starts. ...