OWA font or encoding problem

I don't know if this is an Exchange problem or an IE problem. I suspect
the latter, because it happens on 2 XP boxes that use IE 6 but not on a
Win 7 box that uses IE 8.

Some of the emails that come in to an Outlook Web Access account are
displayed in some symbolic font.

If the email is forwarded, the draft forwarded message (i.e., before you
click send) is in a normal font.

If the email is printed using the printer icon in the email window, it
prints with a normal font, but if the body of the email is selected
(CTRL-A) and then printed using right-click > print > print selection,
the symbols are printed.

If the body of the email is selected and copied (CTRL-A, CTRL-C) and
then pasted into Notepad or Word, the font is normal.

If I select View > Encoding from the main OWA (IE) View menu, "Auto
Select" and Unicode (UTF-8) are selected. I have tried unselecting "Auto
Select" and selecting "Western European (Windows)" and "Western European
(ISO)" but the symbols are still displayed.

If I right-click in the open email window and select Encoding from the
context menu, "Auto Select" is selected. De-selecting it has no effect.
Interestingly, the encoding that appears to be selected (with a dot next
to it) is Unicode (*not* Unicode (UTF-8)).  Although this option appears
to be selected, it is greyed-out and I can't de-select it or select any
other encoding.

The source of a sample email follows:

<BASE
href="https://mail.xxxcompany.com/exchange/xxxx@yyyy.com/Inbox/You%20are%20connected%20to%20office%20wireless%20network.EML/"

/>
<HTML>
<HEAD>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="Content-Type" CONTENT="text/html; charset=utf-8">
<META NAME="Generator" CONTENT="MS Exchange Server version 6.5.7653.38">
<TITLE></TITLE><style>BODY{font-family:monospace;}</style>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<!-- Converted from text/plain format -->

<P><FONT SIZE=2>and both printers are now available to you:<BR>
<BR>
&quot;Color Copier KONICA MINOLTA C353 Series XPS&quot;<BR>
and<BR>
&quot;HP Color LaserJet 3600 Workroom&quot;<BR>
<BR>
The printer named &quot;HP officejet 6200 series&quot; is, I think, BA's
printer in Virgina<BR>
</FONT>
</P>

</BODY>
</HTML>
0
Pete

Initial login problems via RPC over HTTP...
I have a problem that has been plaguing me since Microsoft implemented RPC over HTTP. It seems if I'm on the internal network, I can configure RPC over HTTP, logon and never have a problem. But if I'm out of the office and configure RPC over HTTP, my initial logon always fails. My domain, ID and password are never accepted and I cannot log into Outlook. Once I go into the office it works just fine and I never have logon problems again. Has anyone seen this issue and know why it happens? I've been looking for an answer for this for 3 years. Thanks in advance. When you first confi...

Excel Not Opening using OWA

Quick Print Problem
On all my machines when I select the "Keep Current Document Displayed" option and do the CTR Q sequence the program goes un responsive. If I unselect that option everything seems to work. Is anyone else experiancing this? Running GP10 SP4 ------=_NextPart_0001_9A9CAD77 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit It works for me. Same as when I originally developed the code as part of Named Printers. :-) Do you have any customisations active of the Sales Transaction Entry window? David Musgrave [MSFT] Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP Micro...

CListView Problem
Hello Friends, I am having problem in displaying different sizes of images and underneath them I having some text to display. My Main issue is that whenever the row is not having sufficient height then the text is being displayed as three dots (...) and whenever I select the image then It is displaying me the full text and when deselected then again three dots. I want to remove these three dots at the run time depending upon the height required by the text to be displayed. Please help. Thanks in advance. Look into owner drawn flag. That will let you override the default drawing, ...

Problem With Comments
I am creating a large spreadsheet by hand with about 1000 rows by 30 columns. About half of the cells need comments, but after I use a few hundred comments they start to reassign to different cells. Example, I make a comment on cell A1, and then create a comment much later on cell C453, cell A1's comment box moves from being adjacent to cell A1 to being adjacent to cell C453 and has the comment I want for cell C453, but the comment points to cell A1! It appears that Excel X has some kind of limit on the number of comments on a spreadsheet. Is there any way to get around this? ...

OWA 2003 An Unknown Error Happened

Problems with OWA after Installing SP1

Outlook XP
When clicking on the "Send" button in Outlook XP to send a message - the message just stays on the screen and doesn't get sent. Receiving mail works fine as does forwarding and replying. I only have a problem with new e-mail messages.the e-mail client uses an SMTP server on a network to send - All messages stay in the outbox and the account settings appear to be OK. However when the Send button is selected they do not get sent and stay in the outbox and no error message appears. Any help on this would be gratefully received Michael Hewson MCP Have similar problem, but my pr...

re: slow OWA

Problem with creating user-only Start menu shortcuts in Vista
I have a problem which shows only on Windows Vista (Business Edition). I try to create programmatically (by using a well described method involving IShellLink and IPersistFile interfaces, and the appropriate interface methods) a sub-folder and several shortcuts for an individual user in the <Start menu/Programs> folder , but the shortcuts 'mysteriously' end up in the all users <Start menu/Programs> folder. To be more precise, the shortcuts should be created in: C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu \Programs \ProductName\ but instead they end up i...

OWA URL and OWA authentication

OWA premium 2003 prompts for office CD?

Category Problems....HELP!
I currently have Money 2006 Small Business. I started using Money years ago with earlier versions. The category list I use has evolved from the previous versions, and there appear to be many of the "standard" categories I don't use, and want to delete them (There are no transactions tied to them.) I've tried deleting these many, many times, but they reappear within a few minutes. I tried the "move" function, moving to a similar category that is being used (e.g moved "Medical-Dental" to "Medical/Dental") but the category reappears after a few ...

Problem with a Array formula, Please help !!
What is the problem with the array formula (see cells in column R, which are highlighted coloured yellow) ? {=IF(SUM(IF(ISERROR(LOOKUP(N(OFFSET($B2,,{0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14})),IF($A2="ABC",A!$A$2:$G$140,B!$A$2:$G$210))),0,IF(LOOKUP(N(OFFSET($B2,,{0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14})),IF($A2="ABC",A!$A$2:$G$140,B!$A$2:$G$210))="Y",1,0)),IF(ISERROR(LOOKUP(T(OFFSET($B2,,{0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14})),IF($A2="ABC",A!$A$2:$G$140,B!$A$2:$G$210))),0,IF(LOOKUP(T(OFFSET($B2,,{0,2,4,6,8,10,12,14})),IF($A2="ABC",A!$A$2:$G$140,B!$A$2:$G$210))="Y",1,0))) >0,"Y...

Why does OWA...

Problem in user created edit box...
Hai all, I created a user defined edit box(MyEdit).. I have some problems in it... as follows 1. When i click the edit box,the cursor is not visible 2. Initially I set the color for border of edit box, but when I enter the text in it,the topmost border is disappearing.. 3. How to clear the buffer in edit box Can anyone provide me the solution... Thanx in advance... Looking forward for the reply... Regards, Rajkumar I don't know if these are the only solutions, but what I would do ... "sridev" <rajkumar.mopati@gmail.com> wrote ...

Problem Selecting objects into device contexts
Hello I have some code that fails to create device contexts after some use. I ran my program through the Compuware BoundsChecker product and it displays an error on the line of code that restores the default object ( a bitmap) to the device context. I do this at several points in the code; and receive this error when the restoring the default object, although not right away; the code runs OK for awhile. The error says: This resource is currently selected into HDC(0x8B10344B) and may only be selected into one device context at a time. I also receive an error calling DeleteDC; the error s...

OWA setup #4
I have a front end server on the inside network on the same subnet as my backend server. Do I need to do anything special to have the front communicate with the backend server..other then check the front end server box. I did all of the basics already. I am going to deploy an isa server in our dmz but for now I need to make this work. I can get the front ot work but it won;t work using premium mode on the logon screen but it will work using the backend server as the owa server even though I am attemping to login to it from the same server(front end) There shouldn't be anything spec...

chart view problem
In my portfolio manager all my charts are coming up blank with the little red X in the top LH corner? ...

OWA down again
We rebooted the Windows 2000 server. Now when we try to access OWA, after the log on screen we get the error page ""HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". IIS 5 was restarted but we still get this error. I tried to create another virtual HTTP server in Exchange to make another web site but again we get the "HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable". Do you know what we can do to fix this? ...

Problem with OWA
Hi, From Outlook Web Access, when I create a new meeting and I choose a ressource, the ressource don't tell me that the reservation is ok. Moreover, the ressource don't put her status to "occupied". But, if I create the same meeting from Outlook, I don't have this problem. I will be notified and the ressource will be occupied. Is it a bug or how can I fixe the problem? Thanks in advance! Post to an Exchange group as OWA is a part of Exchange, not Outlook. microsoft.public.exchange.clients would be a good place to start. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post al...

OWA not displaying mailboxes
Hi .I setup a new windows 3K server, move AD on it and install exchange 2003 with SP2, test it and seems to me that everything was working. Then delete exchange from the old domain controller and removed AD but now when I run OWA no mailboxes appear. I just have some little boxes for the pictures and Loading... on the second frame. Any help is welcome. I already tried to reinstall exchange and reapply SP2 but that didn't help. Thanks Olivier On Fri, 30 Dec 2005 06:47:02 -0800, O Rako <O Rako@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi .I setup a new windows 3K server, move AD on...