Microsoft .Net Framework error message?

When system is booted I get a error box that pops up on the desktop screen
which says.

REQUIRED SYSTEM SOFTWARE NOT INSTALLED.
Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 is required to continue.  This software
is available for free download at
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/

I have all updates installed.
Windows directory includes the following.
C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework64\V2.0.50727\V3.0\V3.5

C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\V2.0.50727\V3.0\V3.5

I have no clue what is going on with the error message and am very computer
Literate having a Computer repair service...

Please advise.

CrystalBall© sez...

Did you just upgrade to Win7 or is it a brand-new computer?

How does your question pertain to Internet Explorer?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
www.banthecheck.com

Bonzo4607 wrote:
> When system is booted I get a error box that pops up on the desktop screen
> which says.
>
> REQUIRED SYSTEM SOFTWARE NOT INSTALLED.
> Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 is required to continue.  This
> software
> is available for free download at
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/
>
> I have all updates installed.
> Windows directory includes the following.
> C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework64\V2.0.50727\V3.0\V3.5
>
> C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\V2.0.50727\V3.0\V3.5
>
> I have no clue what is going on with the error message and am very
> computer
> Literate having a Computer repair service...
>
> Please advise.

0
PA
1/15/2010 2:42:55 PM
"Bonzo4607" <Bonzo4607@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When system is booted I get a error box that pops up on the desktop screen
> which says.
>
> REQUIRED SYSTEM SOFTWARE NOT INSTALLED.
> Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 is required to continue.  This
> software
> is available for free download at
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/
>
> I have all updates installed.
> Windows directory includes the following.
> C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework64\V2.0.50727\V3.0\V3.5
>
> C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\V2.0.50727\V3.0\V3.5
>
> I have no clue what is going on with the error message and am very
> computer
> Literate having a Computer repair service...
>
> Please advise.

Do you have the Microsoft .NET Framework feature turned on in your Windows 7
Operating System?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Turn-Windows-features-on-or-off

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

0
Donald
1/15/2010 3:41:33 PM
Donald Anadell wrote:
> "Bonzo4607" <Bonzo4607@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> When system is booted I get a error box that pops up on the desktop
>> screen
>> which says.
>>
>> REQUIRED SYSTEM SOFTWARE NOT INSTALLED.
>> Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 is required to continue.  This
>> software
>> is available for free download at
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/
>>
>> I have all updates installed.
>> Windows directory includes the following.
>> C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework64\V2.0.50727\V3.0\V3.5
>>
>> C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\V2.0.50727\V3.0\V3.5
>>
>> I have no clue what is going on with the error message and am very
>> computer
>> Literate having a Computer repair service...
>>
>> Please advise.
>
> Do you have the Microsoft .NET Framework feature turned on in your Windows
> 7
> Operating System?
> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Turn-Windows-features-on-or-off

Aha!  Well, ain't that a big ol' cluestick?

0
PA
> Donald Anadell wrote:
>> "Bonzo4607" <Bonzo4607@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> When system is booted I get a error box that pops up on the desktop
>>> screen
>>> which says.
>>>
>>> REQUIRED SYSTEM SOFTWARE NOT INSTALLED.
>>> Microsoft .NET Framework Version 2.0 is required to continue.  This
>>> software
>>> is available for free download at
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/
>>>
>>> I have all updates installed.
>>> Windows directory includes the following.
>>> C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework64\V2.0.50727\V3.0\V3.5
>>>
>>> C:\Windows\Microsoft.Net\Framework\V2.0.50727\V3.0\V3.5
>>>
>>> I have no clue what is going on with the error message and am very
>>> computer
>>> Literate having a Computer repair service...
>>>
>>> Please advise.
>>
>> Do you have the Microsoft .NET Framework feature turned on in your
>> Windows 7
>> Operating System?
>> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Turn-Windows-features-on-or-off
>
> Aha!  Well, ain't that a big ol' cluestick?

LOL...I didn't mean to beat the OP with metaphorical stick...but:o)

Donald Anadell

0
Donald
1/15/2010 4:08:10 PM
Donald Anadell wrote:
>> Donald Anadell wrote:
>>> "Bonzo4607" <Bonzo4607@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

>>> Do you have the Microsoft .NET Framework feature turned on in your
>>> Windows 7
>>> Operating System?
>>> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Turn-Windows-features-on-or-off
>>
>> Aha!  Well, ain't that a big ol' cluestick?
>
> LOL...I didn't mean to beat the OP with metaphorical stick...but:o)

Sorry, should've given some background.  I've been seeing a lot of these
posts in Win7 & Windows Update (Answer) forums and never thought about
Windows Features.

0
PA

Money Updates: "Money encountered an error processing the download file ('SMRTINET.ini').
My M04 has not been doing Money Updates (other parts of update are doing so: quotes, accounts) for a month now. The Call Summary for Money Updates says Money encountered an error processing the download file ('SMTINET.INI'). Out of curiosity I looked for such a file name on the computer--none. We have two accounts on Money. The other account is NOT encountering any such problem--Money Updates are working fine for it. No changes for either account of any seeming relevance preceded the loss of updates on the one account. Questions: (1) Does anyone know how to fix this? (2) Thes...

microsoft
weghtgh ...

Errors with Multiple accounts on same POP3
Does anyone know of a workaround to the known issue of having multiple accounts on the same POP3? I can't for the life of me find a way to check my second account. I found the following Microsoft KB article but even that doesn't work for me. I can see the pop3 server I just can't access it without a login error. Thanks for any help. Light SYMPTOMS When you log on to Microsoft Outlook by using a profile that contains two Post Office Protocol (POP3) accounts, you may be prompted to provide a password for one of the accounts, and you may receive duplicate e-mail messag...

Redirect Rule error in Outlook
I set up a rule to redirect my mail to an outside address and when I receive mail from the outside once the mail arrives I get the following error "The redirect action is not currently supported with Run Rules Now" the mail I receive from the outside is pulled into my email box by a POP3 account. If I send myself a mail through the Exchange Server it redirect to the outside with out issue. Any suggestions. Thank you. -- Stacy Justice Aculab USA Inc. ...

Undefined Function Error
I am developing in access 2002 on a win98 2nd edition machine. When I transfer my database to a Windows XP Professional Machine running Access 2002 I encounter errors. For Example the code: SQLStmt = "SELECT * FROM [GL Transactions] WHERE Left([GL ID],6) = '" & Temp & "' ORDER BY [GL ID]" Set GL = CurDb.OpenRecordset(SQLStmt, dbOpenDynaset) When run this code produces an Undefined Function Error for the Function 'Left' on the XP machine but executes properly on the Win 98 Machine. I have checked the references and they are the same and in the ...

AutoReply Out Of Office Messages
In our Outlook 2002 server environment, we recieve an Auto reply for the Out Of Office message only on the first message sent to that person. I seem to remember a setting to recieve it with every message, while the out of office is on. Anyone know where??????? Shawn C <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In our Outlook 2002 server environment, we recieve an Auto > reply for the Out Of Office message only on the first > message sent to that person. That's the way it's supposed to work. -- Brian Tillman ...

XmlValidatingReader unbelievable error
Hi everyone, I am trying now for 4-5 hours to write a simple code to validate a very simple XML and i still get an error. Here is my Code, and i always get an error at args.Exception ("The 'urn:books:catalog' element is not declared. An error occurred at file:///c:/inetpub/wwwroot/LakisService/books.xml, (2, 2).") private void Button2_Click(object sender, System.EventArgs e) { XmlTextReader r = new XmlTextReader(Server.MapPath("books.xml")); XmlSchema xs = new XmlSchema(); xs.SourceUri = Server.MapPath("books.xsd"); XmlValidatingReader v = new X...

Microsoft Promo

Saving messages other than in formats given? i.e., rtf or pdf (html with complete pictures)
I get a lot of mail from yahoo groups, in particular some graphics groups. In it, I get very good tutorials or tips which involve graphics that explain or illustrate the text. O2K allows me to save as text or html, but the pictures get left out of both formats, of course. The text can be converted to rtf and I can pull the graphics via the Outlook script to save embedded graphics and I can manually create the rtf file; or I can open up the html file, and reference the pulled embedded graphics, but both methods have proven very time-consuming considering the number of messages I recv that I ...

can i get my e-mail from cox.net on outlook express?
I want to be able to click on outlook and get my e-mails from my cox.net e-mail account. Can anyone help? "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E8B6B2F-172A-4B56-8836-2CBEAF510CF6@microsoft.com... >I want to be able to click on outlook and get my e-mails from my cox.net > e-mail account. Can anyone help? Sure. Cox can help. Read their help web pages for the setup info to define an e-mail account. Or call them (you are paying them, right?, so why not ask THEM?). Subject says "Outlook Express". Body says "Outlook"...

Error Code 80041A01 Meaning
I'm receiving this error when I attempt to set a pricelevelid during the creation of a product: ErrorCode: 80041A01 A field that is not valid for create was specified. I am certain the correct GUID is being passed in the xml representation of the product. Does this error mean that we are not permited to set price levels during creation? Or is something else wrong? Thanks, Justin Examine the XSD in the SDK for the object you are trying to create. For each field that is invalid for create, check your XML to see if that field is included. If it is remove the field and use an alternat...

Update in Progress Message
When I update my accounts, 4 of them update without an issue but 2 of them never update and always have an Update in Process under the To Review column. I also get an update not Complete in the pop-up status. Does anyone know a way to get past this issue. I did successfully update these accounts once before. One of them is a new account since upgrading and another is one that I merged 2 accounts into. I think maybe these 2 accounts that are not updating are using Yodlee to get access to them versus more of a direct connection through money. I only say this because they were accounts that ...

microsoft XL

error message 11-14-07
I get this error message "Reserved error (-1517); there is no message for this error." when I try to open my data base. This is a linked data base that the employees use. I can open the main data base with no problem. This just started happening this morning. -- clcnewtoaccess This probably has something to do with the linked tables. Try to relink the tables one by one and you'll be prompted with the one causing the trouble (renamed?) hth -- Maurice Ausum "clcnewtoaccess" wrote: > I get this error message "Reserved error (-1517); there is no message...

Error: The macro 'FreezeHeader' cannot be found
When I go to Windows -> Freeze Panes, I encounter this error. Any idea on how to solve it? Thanks in advance. Have you tried clicking, Help, Detect and Repair? mis wrote: > When I go to Windows -> Freeze Panes, I encounter this error. Any idea on > how to solve it? Thanks in advance. > > ...

All Internal Passwords.xls Error 91
As with Nathan below, I ran this code on Office XP (XL) with XP Pro and received the same error. I loaded ONLY allinternalpasswords.xls and ran the Macro. Does another W/S have to be loaded? How does one apply this macro to a specific sheet? As Nathan Gutman & myself found: When trying to run it it gets to line: WinTag = .ProtectStructure Or .ProtectWindows and gives runtime error 91 Object variable or With block variable not set. Can someone help to undertand why and how to fix that? Dennis, You should open the workbook whose passwords you want to break. This should be...

asp.net, windows 7, and a return of the BSOD
I spent years and years using Windows XP without *ever* seeing a BSOD. I honestly thought these things were a thing of the past. Now I see one, or have my machine simply lock up hard, nearly every day and it only happens when I have just started an ASP.Net project in debug mode. The recovery tool kicks in on reboot but it always comes up with "no known cause" as the reason for the crash. This worries me because it suggests that MS isn't getting any meaningful feedback on the problem, which in turn means that I may experience this problem indefinitely. Has anyone ...

Run DLL error message-windows7
Hi,every time i turn on my comp,i have this error message-Run DLL there was a problem starting-C:\Windows\system32\sshnas.dll The specifield module could not be found. please help? SSHNAS.DLL Trojan.Dropper/Win-NV http://www.superantispyware.com/malwarefiles/SSHNAS.DLL.html -- Rey "graniteson" wrote: > Hi,every time i turn on my comp,i have this error message-Run DLL > there was a problem starting-C:\Windows\system32\sshnas.dll > The specifield module could not be found. > please help? graniteson wrote: > Hi, every time I turn on my comp, I ...

unable to insert from scanner
After installing a digital camera i am unable to insert anything from my scanner - i am getting "error occured" message but no help to say what the problem is. Can anyone suggest anything? Thanks Kanneily ...