Looking for a Web-GPS

Why is it that when I click on a link from the google search page that it is
most of the time ending up to a different non-related page?  I am using IE.8
with xp pro.
Do I need to get a  for christmas?
thanks

0
Learner

"Learner" <cdnhermit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Why is it that when I click on a link from the google search page that it
> is most of the time ending up to a different non-related page?  I am using
> IE.8 with xp pro.
> Do I need to get a  for christmas?
> thanks

Give us an example of the search string, and the hit that you clicked on. My
guess is that the hit is directed to an unexpected site -- that's unexpected
by you, Google doens't care.

0
Jeff
12/16/2009 2:24:05 AM
Actually, I was at
http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=Actovegin&cs=bz&fr=grp-tts
and I clicked on the first link on  Tiger Woods' Doctor Arrested for
Actovegin and Other Performance-Enhancing Drug Charges and I landed here
http://casearch.ca/rch/search.php?q=actovegin&v=1

However if I click back and click again on the Tiger Woods's... then I am
ending at
http://www.bvonsports.com/2009/12/15/tiger-woods-performance-enhancing-drugs/.

I never wrote all the deviations I got but believe me I have a lot, LotS of
them.  It is kind of annoying.

For the fun of it, I just open a new ie8 page and went on google search and
typed tomato and hit return.  I clicked on the first entry.  It should bring
me to www.polarcloud.com/tomato  but I am getting
http://casearch.ca/rch/search.php?q=tomato&v=1.  Earlier I was ending up to
an attorny page .

thank you (well, sorry for the color change, it came from copying)
Daniel
___________

"Jeff Strickland" <crwlrjeff@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> "Learner" <cdnhermit@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Why is it that when I click on a link from the google search page that it
>> is most of the time ending up to a different non-related page?  I am
>> using IE.8 with xp pro.
>> Do I need to get a  for christmas?
>> thanks
>>

> Give us an example of the search string, and the hit that you clicked on.
> My guess is that the hit is directed to an unexpected site -- that's
> unexpected by you, Google doens't care.

0
Learner
12/16/2009 2:47:39 AM
Your computer is infected with adware (or worse.)
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

On 12/15/2009 9:47 PM, Learner wrote:
> Actually, I was at
> http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=Actovegin&cs=bz&fr=grp-tts
> and I clicked on the first link on  Tiger Woods' Doctor Arrested for
> Actovegin and Other Performance-Enhancing Drug Charges and I landed here
> http://casearch.ca/rch/search.php?q=actovegin&v=1
>
> However if I click back and click again on the Tiger Woods's... then I am
> ending at
> http://www.bvonsports.com/2009/12/15/tiger-woods-performance-enhancing-drugs/.
>
> I never wrote all the deviations I got but believe me I have a lot, LotS of
> them.  It is kind of annoying.
>
> For the fun of it, I just open a new ie8 page and went on google search and
> typed tomato and hit return.  I clicked on the first entry.  It should bring
> me to www.polarcloud.com/tomato  but I am getting
> http://casearch.ca/rch/search.php?q=tomato&v=1.  Earlier I was ending up to
> an attorny page .
>
> thank you (well, sorry for the color change, it came from copying)
> Daniel
> ___________
>
> "Jeff Strickland"<crwlrjeff@yahoo.com>  wrote in message
>>
>> "Learner"<cdnhermit@hotmail.com>  wrote in message
>>> Why is it that when I click on a link from the google search page that it
>>> is most of the time ending up to a different non-related page?  I am
>>> using IE.8 with xp pro.
>>> Do I need to get a  for christmas?
>>> thanks
>>>

>> Give us an example of the search string, and the hit that you clicked on.
>> My guess is that the hit is directed to an unexpected site -- that's
>> unexpected by you, Google doens't care.

0
Leonard
12/16/2009 4:04:52 AM
You must be right. My computer takes me to the page indicated. I can click
in and out and in again, and always get to the right place.

Something in the OP's machine is allowing a redirect.

> Your computer is infected with adware (or worse.)
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> On 12/15/2009 9:47 PM, Learner wrote:
>> Actually, I was at
>> http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=Actovegin&cs=bz&fr=grp-tts
>> and I clicked on the first link on  Tiger Woods' Doctor Arrested for
>> Actovegin and Other Performance-Enhancing Drug Charges and I landed here
>> http://casearch.ca/rch/search.php?q=actovegin&v=1
>>
>> However if I click back and click again on the Tiger Woods's... then I am
>> ending at
>> http://www.bvonsports.com/2009/12/15/tiger-woods-performance-enhancing-drugs/.
>>
>> I never wrote all the deviations I got but believe me I have a lot, LotS
>> of
>> them.  It is kind of annoying.
>>
>> For the fun of it, I just open a new ie8 page and went on google search
>> and
>> typed tomato and hit return.  I clicked on the first entry.  It should
>> bring
>> me to www.polarcloud.com/tomato  but I am getting
>> http://casearch.ca/rch/search.php?q=tomato&v=1.  Earlier I was ending up
>> an attorny page .
>>
>> thank you (well, sorry for the color change, it came from copying)
>> Daniel
>> ___________
>>
>> "Jeff Strickland"<crwlrjeff@yahoo.com>  wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Learner"<cdnhermit@hotmail.com>  wrote in message
>>>>

>>> Give us an example of the search string, and the hit that you clicked
>>> on.
>>> My guess is that the hit is directed to an unexpected site -- that's
>>> unexpected by you, Google doens't care.

0
Jeff
12/16/2009 8:20:01 PM
> Actually, I was at
> http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=Actovegin&cs=bz&fr=grp-tts
> and I clicked on the first link on  Tiger Woods' Doctor Arrested for
> Actovegin and Other Performance-Enhancing Drug Charges and I landed here
> http://casearch.ca/rch/search.php?q=actovegin&v=1
>
> However if I click back and click again on the Tiger Woods's... then I am
> ending at
> http://www.bvonsports.com/2009/12/15/tiger-woods-performance-enhancing-drugs/.
>
> I never wrote all the deviations I got but believe me I have a lot, LotS
> of them.  It is kind of annoying.
>
> For the fun of it, I just open a new ie8 page and went on google search
> and typed tomato and hit return.  I clicked on the first entry.  It should
> bring me to www.polarcloud.com/tomato  but I am getting
> http://casearch.ca/rch/search.php?q=tomato&v=1.  Earlier I was ending up
> to an attorny page .

I'm using IR8 with XP Pro, SP3, and my browser takes me where it says it's
gonna take me.

You have something wrong with your machine. There is no bug with the browser
that causes this to happen to you, but you could have a setting wrong.
You're having issues (I think) with a 3rd Party Redirect. There is a setting
in Tools>Options>Advanced to disable redirects. You would do well to scan
for virii and spies and malware.

0
Jeff

Remote access for CRM web client
Does anyone have any experience of usage or performance issues when running a CRM web client over 1) 1.8 mbps 3G mobile broadband 2) 56k dial-up connection? Thanks, Kevin HI Kevin, We have clients running the CRM web client using a mobile broadband VPN into the company network, to my knowledge they don't have any performance issues with it. I have not work with any clients that they are using a 56k dial-up connection. This also depends on how much data that each user is going to bring down through the pipe. If the user's setting is to load 250 records instead of 50 records per ...

All my icons look the same (except IE8 and the recycle bin)
i cant open any windows...when i click on them the open with window pops up and wants me to pick wat i want to open it with...i can only get on the internet in safe mode with networking. and when i try to open...for example paint it says invalid bitmap, or its format is not currently supported and other windows wont even open. got any ideas on how i can fix this?? On Sun, 30 May 2010 06:54:01 -0700, xxkoreanxx wrote in message <news:999F2CE9-8E21-47DC-8BA4-BAC1F1329F6E@microsoft.com>: > i cant open any windows...when i click on them the open with window pops up > a...

Looking for feedback
Hey everyone just started my own business doing consulting / training for Microsoft Outlook please check out my site www.outlookchallenged.com and provide any suggestions / feedback please. Any advice is good advice at this point. Thanks -- www.outlookchallenged.com Br Sense <outlookhelp@ftard.com> wrote: > Hey everyone just started my own business doing consulting / training > for Microsoft Outlook please check out my site > www.outlookchallenged.com and provide any suggestions / feedback > please. Any advice is good advice at this point. The best advice I have to offer ...

shortcut for favorite web addresses
I just installed the latest version of Outlook and now I can't find the toolbar shortcut that allows me to access a dropdown menu of web addresses I've stoed in what was formerly called "Favorites" How do I modify my new version of Outlook to include that feature? Thanks. View-> Toolbars-> Customize-> tab Commands-> Category Menu Bar-> drag and drop command Favorites to the menu bar -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Save Embedded Pictu...

Set specified dimensions for web ad
I need to create a 3.5 x 3.5 web ad with these requested dimensions: 252 pixels at 72 dpi x 252 pixels at 72 dpi. I can get the 252 pixel square, but I'm having trouble with the 72 dpi. The ad will contain an image that I can currently only get down to 96 dpi by using the "Change Picture" button. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks!!! Whitney wrote: > I need to create a 3.5 x 3.5 web ad with these requested dimensions: 252 > pixels at 72 dpi x 252 pixels at 72 dpi. I can get the 252 pixel square, but > I'm having trouble with the 72 dpi. The ad wil...

Looking for CRM Solution
Does anyone use, or has anyone encountered, a CRM based solution used for residentail, multifamily property management? On Apr 28, 12:55=A0pm, MrB <M...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Does anyone use, or has anyone encountered, a CRM based solution used for > residentail, multifamily property management? The beauty of Microsoft CRM is that it can be customized for any business in any industry. It's ability to be customized using front- end tools (not within code) is , as far as I know, unparalleled by any other software package. You have the ability to create new entiti...

=COUNTA() with multiple look-up
Hi All, I would like to count the number of items that have a value "AAA" in column A and an amount >0 in column B. As I am not quite sure how to incorporate two look-ups in a counta formula I was wondering if anyone can give me the formula? Many thanks! Rgds, Robert Try something like this: =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="AAA")*(B1:B100>0)) or....if there may be some text cells in B1:B100 interspersed with the numbers =SUMPRODUCT((A1:A100="AAA")*ISNUMBER(B1:B100)*(B1:B100>0)) Is that something you can work with? *********** Regards, Ron XL2002, WinXP &...

can I edit a picture to look faded?
I want to edit my picture to be faded so I can use it as background with text over it. "deborahm" <deborahm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4D93DD63-8553-447D-A0AC-44EE0E1BD9B3@microsoft.com... > I want to edit my picture to be faded so I can use it as background with > text > over it. In Publisher you can do it one of two ways. For both ways start by inserting the picture. Method 1, right click on picture and select Format Picture, click on picture tab, then click on the dropdown for Color under Image Control and select wash...

hyperlinks shown as activated in web page
In Publisher 2000 I have inserted text boxes which are hyperlinked to other pages. When I preview the web site the hyperlink text appears as it correctli, i.e blue before use followed by grey after use. However, when I save the file as a web page then double click on the index page to check everthing works, the hyperlink text appears grey as if it has already been used. The hyperlinks work correctly with the exception of the color change. Any help to resolve this issue would be appreciated. Thanks Ian Thanks David, I appreciate your help. At this stage I have not posted it to the...

data look up and return values across a row
I have a list in one spreadsheet, we'll call it 'spreadsheet A' that I need to cross reference with another larger spreadsheet, which we'll call 'spreadsheet B'. I'd like to remove everything from B that isn't on A. Is there an easy way of doing that? Chip Pearson has lots of info about working with duplicates at: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm Betsey wrote: > > I have a list in one spreadsheet, we'll call it 'spreadsheet A' that I need > to cross reference with another larger spreadsheet, which we'll call > &#...

Looking for basic multiplaction formula
HI ALL, I'm trying to multiply cells d5-d9 by cells a5-a9 and put the answer in cells d14 - d18 ( using caps ) I have tried =(D5*A5) in d14 and then pulling it down to d18 PLEASE HELP ME IVE BEEN AT THIS FOR AN HOUR AND A HALF!! Sounds to me like you had it right... what's not working? In cell D14 enter "=D5*A5" Copy that and paste it in cells D15 to D18. Ken Puls, CMA - Microsoft MVP (Excel) www.excelguru.ca Concarp wrote: > HI ALL, > I'm trying to multiply cells d5-d9 by cells a5-a9 and > put the answer in cells d14 - d18 ( using caps ) > ...

Client calls a web method with missing parameter
Hi , My web service method which takes a string input parameter and returns a string was called by an application with a blank input parameter value. Client gets http 500 error instead of xml file with an error code and description. how do I trap this type of errors. My web service supports http get/post and soap protocols. Any help is appreciated. ...

Looking for sheet to handle MPG, etc
HI I am looking for a sheet to handle gas mileage. things like MPG etc. It would be great to have a ready made sheet to handle this info thanks supermari -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This shouldn't be too difficult unless you attended college at Texas A&M =miles driven/gallons used -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "supermario >" <<supermario.1a3sk4@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:supermario.1a3sk4@excelforum-nospam.com... > HI > I am looking for a sheet to handle gas mileage. > things like MPG etc. &g...

look up who is connected
hello i would like to check if any pc connects to my xp box which it shares a lot of dirs. can powershell do the job and how? not sure in PS but "netstat" could do this for you. regards Ramazan "ryan" <ryanlihk@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eKobVuVrKHA.4220@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > hello > > i would like to check if any pc connects to my xp box which it shares a > lot of dirs. > > can powershell do the job and how? thanks On 2/15/2010 2:21 AM, RCan wrote: > not sure in PS but "netstat" could do this...

Look at this package from M$
--ivtelxoethnivzpa Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="owjfpbnibkp"; type="multipart/alternative" --owjfpbnibkp Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="rubabijkdwz" --rubabijkdwz Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help maintain the security of your computer from these vuln...

CRM 4.0 Out Look Client
Hi All, I have a problem in CRM Outlook Client. After i do install Out Client and configure it to allow send and recieve emails through CRM, it is working fine. But due to some reasons the menu called "CRM" is disappearing from outlook Tool bar and it stops sending emails throgh CRM. It may happen after few days of working well. Could any body help me to find the reason for it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. ...

SQL 2005
I just completed upgrading SQL 2000 to SQL 2005 on one of my servers. We used to have a web task that was running without any errors on this server when it was SQL 2000. Now it started failing with following error after SQL 2005 upgrade completed: ------------------------------------------------ Msg 16820, Level 11, State 1, Server MSSQLDB\PROD1, Procedure sp_runwebtask, Line 33 SQL Web Assistant failed because the state of the Web task in msdb..MSwebtasks is invalid. ------------------------------------------------- The id used with this web task is having sysadmin privileges...

Look at these security update
--wpxhtpbmrmsmmz Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="gpfmogvvgagrxl"; type="multipart/alternative" --gpfmogvvgagrxl Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="uxubtxafyzmt" --uxubtxafyzmt Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install ...

Report call times out when called through web service but not through Report Manager
Hello all, I have a Reporting Services report that runs fine when I run it from Visual Studio. It also runs fine from Report Manager. However, when I run it from an .aspx page named RSRenderReport.aspx, I get a timeout error after about 100 seconds. I have set the following: In the web.config: <httpRuntime executionTimeout="300" maxRequestLength="300000" /> In the code behind, RSRenderReport.aspx.vb: Dim objRS As New ReportingService.ReportExecutionService objRS.Timeout = -1 The error returned is: ****BEGIN ERROR MESSAGE***** Mess...

MSN Money web site
Help... I can't get my current 2005 money file to syncronize with MSN. I used to use passport with Money 2004, but stopped. Now that I have 2005. There are some feature that I want to use. For some reason it walks me through the prosses of saying DELETE my old MSN Money Website data. But it never does. It just come back on the next login and say i am using the wrong file. I can't find anywhere on the web to reset this. I submitted it to microsoft support. Does anyone here have any ideas? According to MS Support it's a known issue. I've been escalated to a third tier regar...

Outlook Web Access #14
How to you stop and start the Outlook Web Access service? We are running Exchange 5.5. Thanks for the help. Derek Ruesch "Derek Ruesch" <DerekRuesch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A8EE5627-40BE-4583-835C-6A3498B52E0C@microsoft.com... > How to you stop and start the Outlook Web Access service? We are running > Exchange 5.5. > > Thanks for the help. > > Derek Ruesch OWA is a Virtual Directory under the IIS Default Web Site. To stop/start OWA, you need to stop/start IIS, i.e. the WWW Service. Lee. -- ____________________________________...

Oh look...the forum is not working again. NOT SURPRISES!!!!!
-- Cheers, Ryan Never stops working for me, but than I have the sense to use the UseNet groups, not a web forum. Bob "Ryan H" <RyanH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C709FADE-2DA0-4323-AAB3-3D3124831FDE@microsoft.com... > > -- > Cheers, > Ryan ...

Have a look at this website.
Have a look at this website. http://www.wealthtoolbox.com/?ref=cikubiru@gmail.com ...

Looking for PO Generator
I have a client that is looking for an advanced PO Generator. They generally need a Sales Order with multiple sales lines to generate PO per line instead of combined. Any Add On's that have that ability? Jim Hi Jim, I think Microsoft has its own module called 'PO Generator' that they are selling. Not sure if it does what you're looking for, but might be worth a look. There is a chapter in the Manufacturing Planning manual. I think it is part of the Manufacturing module of GP. Hope this helps Have a great day, Beat +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ B. Bucher Dynamics...

UNABLE TO OPEN FILE ON AFTER PUBLISHING ON WEB
I CANNOT OPEN MP3'S FILES AND ARTCLE ON MY WEB, AFTER PUBLISHING WITH MICROSOFT 2007 PUBLISHER. PROPERTIES SHOW THAT THE ADDRESS IS BEING DIRECTED BACK TO THE HARD DRIVE ON MY COMPUTER. (WWW.EFOOTHILL.ORG) UNDER SERMONS. CAN ANYONE HELP ME? -- CHARLIE Yes, you have to change the hyperlings in those buttons to wherever you have put the files on the web. Links back to your computer will not work. If you do not have them somwhere on the web then thats where to start. The Sermons button does not work at all in Firefox and a lot of people are using FF. You shouldget a copy and test...