KB982381 fails to install

Hi

I'm running vista sp2 with ie8. Download KB982381 continually fails to
install. I've tried restoring to point a couple months previous and tried
again and no dice. Also tried standalone installer in both restored and
current versions and still fails.

Running ESET Smart Security 4.0.437.0 in case that makes any difference?

Any ideas?

Beac.

0
Sneaky

Is your ESET subscriptioin current? What anti-spyware applications (other
than Defender & ESET) are installed?  Were any of these applications running
in the background (including the ESET firewall) when you installed IE8
and/or SP2?

it)?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Sneaky Beacky Mode wrote:
> I'm running vista sp2 with ie8. Download KB982381 continually fails to
> install. I've tried restoring to point a couple months previous and tried
> again and no dice. Also tried standalone installer in both restored and
> current versions and still fails.
>
> Running ESET Smart Security 4.0.437.0 in case that makes any difference?

0
PA
6/19/2010 4:18:05 PM
PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote this' ere shit...

> Is your ESET subscriptioin current? What anti-spyware applications
> (other than Defender & ESET) are installed?  Were any of these
> applications running in the background (including the ESET firewall)
> when you installed IE8 and/or SP2?

> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
> bought it)?
>
> Sneaky Beacky Mode wrote:
>> I'm running vista sp2 with ie8. Download KB982381 continually fails
>> to install. I've tried restoring to point a couple months previous
>> and tried again and no dice. Also tried standalone installer in both
>> restored and current versions and still fails.
>>
>> Running ESET Smart Security 4.0.437.0 in case that makes any
>> difference?

Hi. ESET subs are current. No other anti-spyware stuff unless you count
peerblock but that wouldnt have been running anyway.

Previously have had Norton running on this machine. It was rubbish. I
removed it entirely as far as I know before installing ESET.

Beac
0
Sneaky

Visio 2002 custom install...I don 't want subscribe the contract!!!
My problem is simple...I make a visio 2002 installation in silent mode, but the user lanch the first time visio, installation ask name and company and subscribe the contract..(the other option in in the mst file)I want make installation completly silent...Where is the key registy to modify???? ...

WDK 7.1 Mirror driver, INF file fail on windows 7 64bits
Hi, I'm trying to install the mirror driver sample given in the WDK 7.0 (rev 7600.16385.1) but I'm unable to execute the .inf file. I tried the following ways : - Right click -> install Error : "The INF file you selected doest not support this method of installation" - Using the device manager -> Add legacy hardware -> on Display adapter -> select the path to mirror.inf Error : "The folder you specified doesn't contain a compatible software driver for you device". - Using DevCon.exe by doing "devcon instal...

Money is not Properly installed. Please try setup again.
I have just upgraded from Money 2003 to Money 2004 and this was done by upgrading the Money 2004 Trial version through the internet. It was however successful and I was able to use, but over the past two days I cannot access due to the following error message "Money is not properly installed. Please try setup again." This I have done on several ocassions but with no success. I have even uninstalled Money 2004 and run a new set up but continues getting the same message. Could anyone tell me what I am doing or have done wrong and how can I resolve this proble? Your promp...

The operation failed #2
Hey! I'm having a wird problem and unsolvable problem: I click "send and receive" and i get just a error message. "The operation failed." I don't know how to fix it. I'm using PcAnywhere to conect. It worked a fed days ago, I left th software open to check mail for me. Yesterday when I clicked send and receive i got the above message. What should I do? The troubleshooter does not contain this message Thanks, Ionut Ionut bashed at the keyboard and said: > Hey! > > I'm having a wird problem and unsolvable problem: > > I click "se...

Range of Object _Global Failed
I'm trying to create multiple charts via a macro in Excel 2007. I'm getting a 1004 - Range of Object _Global Failed on the indicated statement. I believe I've done something wrong with the last Range in that statement, but I'm not sure what. Sub OATChartCreate() Dim chtNew As Chart Dim i As Integer '<<< ActiveCell.Resize(2.6).Select ActiveSheet.Shapes.AddChart.Select Set chtNew = ActiveChart For i = 1 To 109 '<<< Range("F1:K1,F2:K2").Select Range...

Recipient policy updates fail with LDAP Error 8033
We noticed today that new user accounts were not getting their email addresses filled in as specified in the default recipient policy (Exchange 2003). I turned up logging on the server for MSExchangeAL and see that the server is failing to apply the policy because it gets an error #8033, Category LDAP Operations, Source MSExchangeAL -- Error text: LDAP search result on directory emsexch1.emscrm.com for entry 'C=emscrm,DC=com' was unsuccessful with error:[0xa] Referral [ 0000202B: RefErr: DSID-031006D9, data 0, 1 access points ref 1: 'com' -- The domain controller for both r...

GetLogFont() Fails
Hi guys, My CListBox is created and works just fine but the following doesn't work: CFont* pFont=m_listbox.GetFont(); LOGFONT logFont; // this fails pFont->GetLogFont(&logFont); What's going on ? Thanks, Robert What is the value of pFont? I see no test for a NULL result... joe On Tue, 31 May 2005 22:18:04 -0400, "Robert A." <satan@invalid.org> wrote: >Hi guys, > >My CListBox is created and works just fine but the following doesn't work: > >CFont* pFont=m_listbox.GetFont(); > >LOGFONT logFont; > >// this fails >pFo...

Backups Fail
Exchange 5.5 SP4 on Windows2000. I've been doing Full Online backups for over 2 years with no problem. The only new addition has been Microsoft MOM. I've uninstalled the MOM client - still the same symptoms: The first time I try a online backup, it hangs and never starts. I've tried to perform a backup accross the net and also local. After that, it quickly completes informing me the exchange files are in use. So then I tried to switch to a offline backup. I've rebooted since the online attempts. I shutdown all services, backup all harddrives including System State, then resta...

Office beta 2011 installer wizard in 10.5.7 shows "Wrong OS version. This software needs Mac OS X 10.4.9 or later"

Links to/from Office documents hang or fail
I can no longer launch MS Office documents or URLs from either: (a) Shortcuts, attached files, or plain-text URLs in Outlook or other Office documents (b) Select+Enter or Double-click on Office files within Windows Explorer. >From (a) it hangs for 2-3 minutes (or more) then eventually opens (if I don't lose patience and kill it first) >From (b) it hangs for 2-3 minutes (or more) then gives the error: "there was a problem sending the command to the program" Copy+pasting the URL directly to IE works fine; opening documents from File->Open in any Office document works fi...

Dynamics GP 10 Installation CDs
Hi There. Is there a place to download the Installation CDs online? And could someone provide a link please. We rcvd our copies in July 2007 and a first attempt to install them indicates they are full of errors. Thank you, Maria. On CustomerSource I've haven't see the ability to download the installation CDs. I recommend you contact your partner or provide Microsoft with your authorized number/account number to see if they will send you the installation CDs. rc "Maria" wrote: > Hi There. > > Is there a place to download the Installation CDs online? &...

Why messages fail to appear on MSNews server
Rick Rothstein and I had similar experiences recently: posting responses that failed to appear on the MSNews server. Of course, there can be many factors that be the cause. But in our cases, the problem exists on the MSNews server. I will explain in more detail below. But the upshot of it all is.... Do not include the characters x y z (any capitalization) without interstitial spaces, either in the subject or message body. The MSNews server deletes any message that contains that character sequence. The deletion usually happens immediately after receiving the message, either ...

Cannot Install Money 2004
I'm a reasonably experienced computer user, but I'm at my wits ends trying to install Money 2004. (PII, plenty of ram & HD space, Win98SE). I've searched GOOGLE and the MS Knowledge Base to no avail. I either run into error 1335 "syspack.cab" is corrupt or error 1308 "source file not found: mnysetup.dll" I've used msicu.exe, and mnyclean... shut down everything but explorer and systray; loaded the CD to the hard drive and run the setup from there... no luck. Any ideas? Rich Rich.... there are only two things I can think of. If you downloade...

KB982381
KB982381: Cumulatief Securityupdate for internet explore 8 for windows vista i Failed multiple times to instal it. Help me plz. Shirosaki wrote: > KB982381: Cumulatief Securityupdate for internet explore 8 for > windows vista > > i Failed multiple times to instal it. > > Help me plz. If english (and full english, not texting english) is not your native language, I suggest posting in a forum that is more suited to your needs. Provide some details as well. No one knows what edition of Windows Vista you have, what service pack level you are at or what ar...

RDP not working if 2003 SP2 installed
Hi All, I have had networking issues with SP2 on SBS 03 machines before, but they have been relativley easy to resolve by changing RSS, Chimney etc. This box I've just been assigned to fix is giving a bit of grief. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, reinstalled... SP2 several times. Without SP2 the RDP runs like a charm, checking the listening port using "netstat -aon | find ":3389" I can see the listening tcp port 3389 no problem, but as soon as you put the SP2 back in the ts listening port disappears. I've installed BPA, and applied every other pa...

back up failed
while running backup got error code 0x800703EE and message volumn of a file has been externally altered so that the opened file is no longer valid. Does anyone know how to find out what file and maybe I can just delete it or how to fix this so I can backup to a cd or dvd? this is on a laptop running windows 7 update. Thanks, Linda CrystalBall© sez... Post here instead: http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7performance/threads Linda Schaeffer wrote: > while running backup got error code 0x800703EE and message volumn of a > file > has been ex...

tell me how to repair my windows installer on my windows xp
Despartly need to know how to repair my windows installer for my windows xp and I am ussing the microsoft publisher office 2007 What is the error message? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "mawmaw23grls" <mawmaw23grls@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D79D0BC5-E31F-45D4-A840-37B18056994D@microsoft.com... > Despartly need to know how to repair my windows installer for my windows xp > and I am ussing the microsoft publisher office 2007 ...

URGENT= CRM 1.2 to CRM 3.0 Upgrade failed
i posted this already today but posting again. It is URGENT to have an answer on this issue. there is no clear answer on groups other than people contacted Microsoft support on it. Please help on this issue. =============================================== I am tring to upgrade CRM 1.2 to 1.3. i uninstalled 1.2 and started a new installation of CRM 3.0 with 1.2 database. every thing is just on one box. Last time i just did this on a test box and it went well but this time it is failing with message Database export failed. There is no clear answer on google groups against this issue. If any one ...

The Operation Failed #10
I uninstalled Office 2003 and installed Office XP Professional. Now, whenever I click on the Send/Receive button in Outlook, I get "The operation failed". That's all. No other message, no numbers, nothing else. Just that message. I disabled script blocking in Norton AV, ran Detect and Repair, re-installed Office XP, deleted and re-created the profile, unchecked "Display a notification message when new mail arrives", changed message format from HTML to Rich Text. I have downloaded the latest fixes and patches for Office from Microsoft. I can send/receive fine in O...

Shortcut to change window fails
In Mac Office 2004, I can cycle through open windows with COMMAND+` (the unshifted ~ tilde key). This works in Entourage and Word, but recently it's stopped working after a while in Word, but resumes working after I quit and restart Word. Any ideas why it quits working? Office Help says COMMAND+F6 switches windows, but I've gotten used to COMMAND+tilde. I don't know where I learned that, but I can do it with one hand and prefer switching that way. Thanks. Hmm, a mystery. Go into Tools | Customize, Keyboard, select Window in the left column, find Next Window (or Prev Window) in...

Need Product ID to install office 2000 publisher.
Recently purchased new computer. The microsoft software did not contain publisher. I want to install my publisher 2000 software and then update to 2003 however I lost the case with the 25 digit product ID code. The paper certificate of Authenticity product code is only 20 digits and will not install. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. If I am not mistaken, the 20 digit # was for OEMs. If that copy of Publisher came with the old computer, you cannot transfer it to the new. You must buy a retail version to do that. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "PALady&q...

Delivery failed
I have created a contact on Ex2k3 with external address (hotmail account) and an alias (sales@abland.com). When I send email to the alias and then check it on the hotmail account to see if it was delivered, it does acknowledge that a mail was sent but gives a "delivery failure " notification. What am I doing wrong? By the way can anybody tell me where is the tab Delivery Option in Ex2k3? Would appreciate any help on these. - Delivery Options is in recipient (user, group, contact, etc.) properties | Exchange General tab. - What does the "delivery failure" notification say...

Problem installing PowerShell 2.0 on W2003SP2 x64
I=B4m running Windows 2003 Ent.Server SP2 x64 ENG and get an error when installing PowerShell2.0 (=3DWin Mgmt Corepack x64 ENG) "... is not a valid W32 Application" somewhat strange on a x64 Sytem with an x64 install-package Who got the clue to this? Try downloading the installer again. My guess is that it is corrupted somehow. Marco "surfkid" <thomas.radman@gmail.com> wrote in message news:7026daff-aa5f-4bd8-bad4-7f2fad953a41@p35g2000yqh.googlegroups.com... > I�m running Windows 2003 Ent.Server SP2 x64 ENG and get an error when > instal...

CImageList::create fails/ debug assertion #2
further on message http://groups.google.co.in/group/microsoft.public.vc.mfc/browse_thread/thread/5c98c90b399d0f9b?hl=en i am trying to reply to this post, it says that post is successful but the discussion is not updated..so i am providing more info to victor and Ajay.. the code is two calls in try catch block.. Create(16,16, ILC_COLOR8|ILC_MASK, 20, 20) SetBkColor(RGB(255,255,255); m_hImageList is becoming NULL here.. i also suspect that since there are mutliple calls to this Create method it fails as the state of image list becomes invalid...now how can i make sure that it does not crash..an...

Update KB977896 won't install
Over the last few months, 4 or 5 times, update KB977896 has tried to install but won't. I have Windows XP Home Edition with Microsoft Office, do I need to send any other information? Is it a necessary update, and if not, how do I make it stop trying to install? JUDE wrote: > Over the last few months, 4 or 5 times, update KB977896 has tried to install > but won't. I have Windows XP Home Edition with Microsoft Office, do I need > to send any other information? Is it a necessary update, and if not, how do > I make it stop trying to install? The update came o...