IE8 security add-on question

Is there functionality in IE8, or in an add-on which can block certain
information being sent from IE8 to a remote web site.
E.g. if my kids started using my PC, can I stop them sending our address,
phone number, etc? I'm thinking of an add-on that would block certain text
from being sent to an internet site.
I know education is the best thing, but who's kids ever do everyhting
they're told ;)

Thanks for any help.
Iain

You'll find lots of good ideas & recommendations in this discussion:
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?t=30095

That being said, Tough Love is your best bet: Give your kids clear
guidelines about their online behavior and computer use as well as the
consequences of disregarding same.  Then enforce the consequences.

IainM wrote:
> Is there functionality in IE8, or in an add-on which can block certain
> information being sent from IE8 to a remote web site.
> E.g. if my kids started using my PC, can I stop them sending our address,
> phone number, etc? I'm thinking of an add-on that would block certain text
> from being sent to an internet site.
> I know education is the best thing, but who's kids ever do everyhting
> they're told ;)
>
> Thanks for any help.
> Iain

0
PA

Pvt Table Question #2
Hi, I'm in excel 2007. I have a couple of really big sheets and would like to make a pvt table. My question is - is it possible to make a pvt table using two sheets? If so, how do you do this? Thanks! Alt/DP, then choose Multiple consolidation ranges -- the UI was removed from the ribbon. "lj" <lj@spu.edu> wrote in message news:a137474c-7ea2-4c35-a9ab-43af7056c140@x38g2000yqj.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > I'm in excel 2007. I have a couple of really big sheets and would > like to make a pvt table. My question is - is it possible to make a > pvt table...

IE8 Developer
Will there be any updates (more features) with the IE8 Developer tool coming soon? Firebug just released their updates and some of their newer features are very handy (i.e. the new Quick Info) using FireFox. --MJ ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pan...

Money 2005 Standard
Hi, how do i add home inventory, i have follwed the directions in money help, but when i go to customise content or layout 'Home Inventory' is not there? Can anybody help me please. Than kyou Try this: http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/124.aspx -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx for tips and fixes for MS Money. To send Microsoft your product wishes see http://money.mvps.org/wishes.aspx I do not respond to any unsolicited email regarding Money "Brad" <Brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in ...

using workspaces for security
I've got a spreadsheet that needs to be used by different individuals with different levels of security clearance. Can "workspaces" be used to allow users to view and edit only the columns they are priviledged to see? For example, if I have the following 5 columns: Name Address Cell Password Technique The owner of the spreadsheet should be able to see all columns, worker #1 should only see and edit first three columns, and worker #2 should see columns the first and last column. Can workspaces be used to accomplish this? No. Excel does not have the nec...

Excel spreadsheet opening in IE8 instead of Excel 2003
I have an excel spreadsheet on the network but opened through Sharepoint Small Business Server 2003. All the PCs on the network correctly open the XLS file in Excel 2003 except for this one particular PC that insists on opening it in IE8. This has happened before but after a few days solved itself - so we never got to the bottom of it. I have confirmed that XLS files are associated with Excel but it is still happening Anybody any thoughts. Thanks BJ I've never used any version of SharePoint, but this is what I'd try. (I use WinXP, so it may be different for the...

running Flash using IE8 on x64 system
I'm about to do a clean install of my system (Dell Precision T5400 64-bit system with 2 300GB drives setup in a RAID 1 mirror and 8GB of memory). I will running XP Pro x64 Edition with Service Pack 2. By default, IE6 or IE7 will be installed after I finish re-installing my system. I am going to immediately get all the windows updates, which will install IE8 on my system. Does the windows update install both the x32 (Program Files x86 directory) and x64 (Program Files directory) version of IE8? If that is correct, then I can just create a shortcut to IE8 in the Program...

How do I add a Web Access Account to my Outlook at home?
That sounds strange, but I'm a student at a university that has given me an Outlook Account on Web Access for the purpose of receiving school mail, mainly school-wide announcements and information from professors. However, I find the online version to be very limiting and I'm not familiar with the newer versions of Outlook (haven't had it since about 1996 or so). I need to know if I can access e-mails recieved on my Web Access account in my Outlook program at home... Also, maybe if this is possible I won't have to do that... Can I organized e-mails on Web Access? I k...

Template & linked Excel database question
Okay - I got my template set up & linked to an Excel worksheet for a database. I open the template and start entering info - the first field is the client's name & has a macro that saves the file as "Name.xls" when moving out of this cell. I go on to complete the initial data entries, then save & close...but I don't get the prompt to save as a new entry to the database file UNLESS I then re-open the same file and close it again. Why don't I get the prompt the FIRST time I save & close???? tm ...

IE8 or IE8 provided by Yahoo?
I have ATT DSL and have been using IE8 since it was available. Recently I had to uninstall/reinstall it and SP3 for a problem and when I reinstalled Explorer I used "IE8 provided by Yahoo" After making my default browser IE I noticed that it is still provided by Yahoo. I think it is a little less stable, or slower maybe, but I don't want to remove it and install IE8 just on a whim. It was not fun. Does anyone know what the diffierence in their operations are, and what difference it will make? Thanks. Dell Dimension 8400 32 bit Win XP NIS 2010 -- Randu ...

Question about locale in formulae
The CFO of our German location uses a US laptop with US Excel 2003. When he emails a spreadsheet with some complex formulas using things like End of Month, the expression used in US is not the same as German. When he receives a file from the German accounting office, they use their expressions on their German Excel spreadsheets which don't work properly on the US Excel 2003. Is there a way to get these spreadsheets to "learn" each locales' expressions and finctions or do we need to install the US version of Excel on the German computers and then add German in the Of...

How to remove Security Notice from Access 2007 Runtime?
Is it possible? Users of my program does not understand why they need to click "Open" each time they run program under runtime. I have digitally signed database and user has runtime only installed. Imagine if we need to click Open each time we run executable. It is very annoying. Thanks, Branislav banem2@gmail.com wrote: >Is it possible? > >Users of my program does not understand why they need to click "Open" >each time they run program under runtime. I have digitally signed >database and user has runtime only installed. What is the exact message they ...

Microsoft CRM Security Service
Hi I would like to know if anybody could help me please, My MSCRM Security Service is not running. When i try to start it,it comes up with an error message. Any ideas on what the problem is and how to fix it Thanks what error comes up? -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.mscrmfaq.us "Rock619" <rodger@intervigil.com> wrote in message news:fc1182b0a0149f742d36cfc812d377d1@localhost.talkaboutsoftware.com... > Hi > > I would like to know if anybody could help me please, My MSCRM Security > Service is not running. When i try to start it,it comes up...

Export question
Hello all: Thanks for all your help. I am looking to write a line in a module to export the results of a query to a comma-quotes delimited file. I created the "Export Specification", but I cannot find the right command to use. I tried "Output To", but I cannot define the export spec. DoCmd.OutputTo acQuery, ....etc I tried "TransferText", but that is only for tables. DoCmd.TransferText acExportDelim, ...etc I cannot store the results of the query to a table then export the table. I need to export the query from the module directly. Any ideas? Thanks,...

Need to add data to the bottom of a column using macro
I have data that I am importing from another program (see sample 1 below). This data will be changing values as well as number of rows each time I export. I need a way to determine the last line as the number of rows varies and then insert static as well as dynamic information. (See sample 2) In the first column I will be inserting "02" on the last row. In the second column i will be inserting the same numbers "150080380549" on the last row. On the 3rd column I need to count the number of rows (excluding the last line)and place this figure. On the 4th column, I...

IE8 32 bit and IE8 64 bit
I have an HP Notebook with Windows Vista x64. There are two paths to Internet Explorer: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer [Internet Explorer (32 bit)] C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer [Internet Explorer (64-bit)] Recently, I noticed that some web functions no longer work, e.g. I cannot use the HP Support Chat program. This is a program that requires an Active X installation in order to open a window that allows chat with Hewlett-Packard support staff. HP also provides a program on their website that "Auto detects" the computer model, specs, etc. ...

Vlookup/Indirect Address Question
Hello, I have a quick question. So I have three inputs into a formula. In Sheet1, The values in cells A1, B1, and C1.. I want to output to cell D1 Somewhere in column A of sheet 2 is the value of A1 (to be looked up). Once this value is found, i want the cell next to it or two spaces next to it depending on the value in B1 (of sheet1) The value in cell C1 contains the name of the sheet to lookup a value in. Using Vlookup, this is a pretty straightforward question except that the sheet is not manually chosen. It is dependent on the value in C1 (C1 is the name of the sheet as a string)...

Field Based Security
hi all, can this be done? Define security/access based on field(s), say Account Type of Account. When Account Type is anything but "TypeA", all users of the system have full access, however when Account Type is changed to "TypeA", only certain group(s) of people can see the accounts Appreciate any input You are basing security/access on a field's value, not talking about true field level security (i.e. access to individual fields within an entity/form based on a security role, specific user or Team). In this case, I think "Sharing" of accounts will w...

Add data to next new record
I need to add data from my drop downlist. It works, but it's not adding to the next available record. Its adding over the top of data. Can anyone tell me why? DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec ' Perform some action. Form!sfrmToQCLog![PO] = cboLookupPO.Column(0) Form!sfrmToQCLog![ITEM] = cboLookupPO.Column(1) Form!sfrmToQCLog![VENDOR] = cboLookupPO.Column(2) -- Matt Campbell mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com ...

question #5
I have normal excel document consisted of 2 columns A and B. In each columns there are 4000 rows. In each row is url adress in form: http://www.studiotatjana.com I want new list of urls in column C which is sum of values in column A and B. So there will be 8000 urls in column C. But there needs to be only one rule. If value in one row of 4000 row in column A is identical to any value in any row in column B then that value do not go to colum C. I want that if one url adress can be fund in column A and B that that url is deleted and do not go to column C. All values in colum A are difere...

Calculation function in table won't add correctly

What to do if you installed Security Update that was pulled
Info posted by Microsoft Security Response Center: Customers who downloaded the pre-release security update for Office for Mac on Tuesday should install this new update when it is released. This new update will remove the pre-release version and install the fully tested application fixes; we suggest that all Office for Mac users download the new update. More info here: <http://blogs.technet.com/msrc/archive/2006/12/15/update-on-accidental-posti ng-of-pre-release-security-updates-for-office-for-mac.aspx> If you really want to uninstall the patch, here's what you need to do: ...

Macro that will add data from multiple workbooks to the 1st open r
I am looking for a way to tell my macro to pull data from multiple workbooks and copy and paste this data to the first open cell. I am extracting from multiple workbooks where each work book is updated/added to daily. (workbook1 may have data in columns A, B, C down to row 5 on Monday and then on Tuesday we may add additional rows in these same Columns A, B, C, this will hold true for all other workbooks). In workbook1 the macro needs to look at and copy data A1:A65536, B1:B65536, etc... However data will start in row 1 and will be added to daily. The Macro will then take the data fr...

nt security
this question is not subject of this capter but... where I can read abaut security nt server I have problem some files (dll) windows application can execute , but when I am calling from internet information services it fails access is deneeded is error code. it is hapaning in atl web service and in isapi extension dll . who is iis user and can I set to the file permission thet this user cold call procedurs from it? also once I have problem even here I dont knot whether I will problems if I whil access ather dll from this dll or this file also must have permissions for iis user.real...

Easy formula question
=IF(D4>D5:D6:D7:D8:D9:D10:D11:D12:D13:D14:D15:D16,"Leader","---") :confused: I am trying to get a cell to say the word Leader if cell D4 is greate than the other cells in the list or if D4 is not greater than the cell in the list to say --- but obviously I have the formula above wron because it is not working. Help ASAP please!!!! Thanks in advance for any help with this, Mik -- mikeee ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mikeeee's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1461 View this thread: htt...

Cannot Run IE8
I received this error message when trying to run this application: "This system does not support your systems architecture (32/64bits)" How can I fix this? Thanks State your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) and your current IE version. -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002 Ken wrote: > I received this error message when trying to run this application: > > "This system does not support your systems architecture (32/64bits)" > ...