IE8 - Problems

Hi

I am having problems using IE8 on XP SP3.  Basically the browser is
unresponsive regularly, hangs regularly on exit (especially after downloads
and multi-tabbing).  Poor performance at times as well.  I am a little
dissapointed I must say.  For example, I can no longer browse to CodePlex -
HTTP Status is: 400 Bad Request.  I know it's the browser because none of
these problems happen whatsoever when using Firefox.  I have tried clearing
all History and temp files, cookies etc.... no effect.

Perhaps in the next service pack someone can sort this out once and for all.
 I think if these problems are not addressed, this version of the browser
will go down the path that Vista took.... i.e. no uptake.

Apologies if I have come across a little sharp... sometimes things need to
be said.

Regards

Tareq

"Tareq" <Tareq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I am having problems using IE8 on XP SP3.  Basically the browser is
> unresponsive regularly, hangs regularly on exit (especially after
> downloads
> and multi-tabbing).  Poor performance at times as well.  I am a little
> dissapointed I must say.  For example, I can no longer browse to
> CodePlex -

> HTTP Status is: 400 Bad Request.  I know it's the browser because none of
> these problems happen whatsoever when using Firefox.

Try tracing this with Fiddler2.   One possible cause you could test without
a trace is using HTTP 1.0 instead of HTTP 1.1

> I have tried clearing
> all History and temp files, cookies etc.... no effect.
>
> Perhaps in the next service pack someone can sort this out once and for
> all.
> I think if these problems are not addressed, this version of the browser
> will go down the path that Vista took.... i.e. no uptake.
>
> Apologies if I have come across a little sharp... sometimes things need to
> be said.
>
> Regards
>
> Tareq

0
Robert
4/30/2010 12:14:04 PM
I do not think it is a problem whith what it is browsing to... I think it is
a problem with the synchronisation of updates to the single instance UI from
multiple instances of iexplore.exe (per tab).  When exiting the browser the
time when it is most likely to hang is when there have been more than one
instance of iexplore.exe running... it is like the application is
experiencing a deadlock.

"Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:

> "Tareq" <Tareq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> >
> > I am having problems using IE8 on XP SP3.  Basically the browser is
> > unresponsive regularly, hangs regularly on exit (especially after
> > downloads
> > and multi-tabbing).  Poor performance at times as well.  I am a little
> > dissapointed I must say.  For example, I can no longer browse to
> > CodePlex -
>
> > HTTP Status is: 400 Bad Request.  I know it's the browser because none of
> > these problems happen whatsoever when using Firefox.
>

> Try tracing this with Fiddler2.   One possible cause you could test without
> a trace is using HTTP 1.0 instead of HTTP 1.1
>

> > I have tried clearing
> > all History and temp files, cookies etc.... no effect.
> >
> > Perhaps in the next service pack someone can sort this out once and for
> > all.
> > I think if these problems are not addressed, this version of the browser
> > will go down the path that Vista took.... i.e. no uptake.
> >
> > Apologies if I have come across a little sharp... sometimes things need to
> > be said.
> >
> > Regards
> >
> > Tareq
>
> .

Problems during shutdown of IE are almost always related to 3rd party
add-ons not closing cleanly. Have you tried running in No Add-ons mode? Have
you tried resetting IE (from Tools > Internet Options > Advanced)?

And given your Codeplex issue, I'd suspect some sort of proxy add-on for IE
that is stopping the hostname header being passed on. So either a dodgy
toolbar, or malware - try a full scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and see
if that brings anything up.

Dan

> I do not think it is a problem whith what it is browsing to... I think it
> is
> a problem with the synchronisation of updates to the single instance UI
> from
> multiple instances of iexplore.exe (per tab).  When exiting the browser
> the
> time when it is most likely to hang is when there have been more than one
> instance of iexplore.exe running... it is like the application is
> experiencing a deadlock.
>
> "Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:
>

>> "Tareq" <Tareq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi
>> >
>> > I am having problems using IE8 on XP SP3.  Basically the browser is
>> > unresponsive regularly, hangs regularly on exit (especially after
>> > downloads
>> > and multi-tabbing).  Poor performance at times as well.  I am a little
>> > dissapointed I must say.  For example, I can no longer browse to
>> > CodePlex -
>>
>> > HTTP Status is: 400 Bad Request.  I know it's the browser because none
>> > of
>> > these problems happen whatsoever when using Firefox.
>>

>> Try tracing this with Fiddler2.   One possible cause you could test
>> without
>> a trace is using HTTP 1.0 instead of HTTP 1.1
>>

>> > I have tried clearing
>> > all History and temp files, cookies etc.... no effect.
>> >
>> > Perhaps in the next service pack someone can sort this out once and for
>> > all.
>> > I think if these problems are not addressed, this version of the
>> > browser
>> > will go down the path that Vista took.... i.e. no uptake.
>> >
>> > Apologies if I have come across a little sharp... sometimes things need
>> > be said.
>> >
>> > Regards
>> >
>> > Tareq
>>
>> .

0
Dan
5/7/2010 12:12:15 PM
Thanks Dan

Doing a RESET did the trick for CodePlex.... however it is annoying that it
managed to get like that in the first place and that I have to lose settings
in order for things to return to relative normality.  I think Microsoft may
have to start doing an Apple on third-party software (police it) as they seem
to ruin the Windows experience quite regularly... and that includes the big
companies like Adobe and NVidia etc... some of their software can cause all
sorts of problems.

Thanks again for the help.... I will keep you posted as to the hanging issue
now.

Regards

Tareq

"Dan" wrote:

> Problems during shutdown of IE are almost always related to 3rd party
> add-ons not closing cleanly. Have you tried running in No Add-ons mode? Have
> you tried resetting IE (from Tools > Internet Options > Advanced)?
>
> And given your Codeplex issue, I'd suspect some sort of proxy add-on for IE
> that is stopping the hostname header being passed on. So either a dodgy
> toolbar, or malware - try a full scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and see
> if that brings anything up.
>
> Dan
>

> "Tareq" <Tareq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I do not think it is a problem whith what it is browsing to... I think it
> > is
> > a problem with the synchronisation of updates to the single instance UI
> > from
> > multiple instances of iexplore.exe (per tab).  When exiting the browser
> > the
> > time when it is most likely to hang is when there have been more than one
> > instance of iexplore.exe running... it is like the application is
> > experiencing a deadlock.
> >
> > "Robert Aldwinckle" wrote:
> >

> >> "Tareq" <Tareq@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> >> Try tracing this with Fiddler2.   One possible cause you could test
> >> without
> >> a trace is using HTTP 1.0 instead of HTTP 1.1

> >> .

1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

   =3D> Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet
Explorer (No add-ons).

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is
your subscription current?  What anti-spyware applications (other than
Defender)?  What third-party firewall (if any)?  Were any of these
applications running in the background when you installed IE8?

4. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on
this machine (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when
you bought it)?

5. Have you ever had occasion to do a Repair Install of WinXP?

On Apr 30, 6:15=A0am, Tareq <Ta...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> I am having problems using IE8 on XP SP3. =A0Basically the browser is
> unresponsive regularly, hangs regularly on exit (especially after downloa=
ds
> and multi-tabbing). =A0Poor performance at times as well. =A0I am a littl=
> dissapointed I must say. =A0For example, I can no longer browse to CodePl=
ex -
> HTTP Status is: 400 Bad Request. =A0I know it's the browser because none =
of
> these problems happen whatsoever when using Firefox. =A0I have tried clea=
ring
> all History and temp files, cookies etc.... no effect.
>
> Perhaps in the next service pack someone can sort this out once and for a=
ll.
> =A0I think if these problems are not addressed, this version of the brows=
er
> will go down the path that Vista took.... i.e. no uptake.
>
> Apologies if I have come across a little sharp... sometimes things need t=
> be said.
0
PA
5/11/2010 3:24:02 PM
Hi

Thanks for the post.

The answers to your questions are as follows:

1. I cannot really answer that as I already did a full IE Reset (Advanced
Settings).  If that does not make a difference, then I do not seem to have
issues when running in this mode.

2. I have done a full IE Reset and it seems to have fixed all the problems I
mentioned.

3.  My anti-virus and security suite is ESET Smart Security 4.0.467.0 and
the subscription is current and still has another year remaining before
renewal.  I do not use any firewall software as I have a Cisco PIX hardware
firewall.  I think I remember turning off the virus protection during the
install for IE8 as  I know this can cause issues sometimes.

4.  No other anti-virus suite was present when I installed ESET.  Before I
switched to ESET, I used McAffee... but this was fully removed before I
installed ESET.

5. This machine has never required a rebuild since the day I installed the
OS.  I am quite careful with what goes on to it as I am a software developer.
 I keep an eye on things pretty much most of the time e.g. mem usage, disk
space etc so that I know my development environment is clean/good.

Please let me know if you need any further information.  Thanks again for
helping out.

Kind regards

Tareq

PS.  I am convinced that the issue is caused by an Adobe Acrobat Link Helper
add-on now (or something like that)... or one of the Adobe add-ons anyway.

"PA Bear, MS MVP" wrote:

> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?
>
>    => Start | (All) Programs | Accessories | System Tools | Internet
> Explorer (No add-ons).

> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
>
> 3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is
> your subscription current?  What anti-spyware applications (other than
> Defender)?  What third-party firewall (if any)?  Were any of these
> applications running in the background when you installed IE8?
>
> 4. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on
> this machine (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when
> you bought it)?
>
> 5. Have you ever had occasion to do a Repair Install of WinXP?
>

> On Apr 30, 6:15 am, Tareq <Ta...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > I am having problems using IE8 on XP SP3.  Basically the browser is
> > unresponsive regularly, hangs regularly on exit (especially after downloads
> > and multi-tabbing).  Poor performance at times as well.  I am a little
> > dissapointed I must say.  For example, I can no longer browse to CodePlex -
> > HTTP Status is: 400 Bad Request.  I know it's the browser because none of
> > these problems happen whatsoever when using Firefox.  I have tried clearing
> > all History and temp files, cookies etc.... no effect.
> >
> > Perhaps in the next service pack someone can sort this out once and for all.
> >  I think if these problems are not addressed, this version of the browser
> > will go down the path that Vista took.... i.e. no uptake.
> >
> > Apologies if I have come across a little sharp... sometimes things need to
> > be said.
> .

> 4.  No other anti-virus suite was present when I installed ESET.  Before I
> switched to ESET, I used McAffee... but this was fully removed before I
> installed ESET.

McAfee (and Norton) application are notorious for not uninstalling cleanly.

1. Download the McAfee Consumer Products Removal Tool, saving it to your
desktop:
http://download.mcafee.com/products/licensed/cust_support_patches/MCPR.exe

2. Close all open applications (i.e., anything with an icon on the taskbar).

3. Double-click on the file you saved in #1 above to run the utility. Don't
TOUCH your keyboard until the run completes, then reboot.

4. Now do another IE reset for good measure then test.

Tareq wrote:
> [...]
>>

>> On Apr 30, 6:15 am, Tareq <Ta...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>> I am having problems using IE8 on XP SP3.  Basically the browser is
>>> unresponsive regularly, hangs regularly on exit (especially after
>>> downloads and multi-tabbing).  Poor performance at times as well.  I am
>>> little dissapointed I must say.  For example, I can no longer browse to
>>> CodePlex - HTTP Status is: 400 Bad Request.  I know it's the browser
>>> because none of these problems happen whatsoever when using Firefox.  I
>>> have tried clearing all History and temp files, cookies etc.... no
>>> effect.
>>>
>>> Perhaps in the next service pack someone can sort this out once and for
>>>  all. I think if these problems are not addressed, this version of the
>>> browser will go down the path that Vista took.... i.e. no uptake.
>>>
>>> Apologies if I have come across a little sharp... sometimes things need

0
PA

IE8 Developer
Will there be any updates (more features) with the IE8 Developer tool coming soon? Firebug just released their updates and some of their newer features are very handy (i.e. the new Quick Info) using FireFox. --MJ ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pan...

Excel spreadsheet opening in IE8 instead of Excel 2003
I have an excel spreadsheet on the network but opened through Sharepoint Small Business Server 2003. All the PCs on the network correctly open the XLS file in Excel 2003 except for this one particular PC that insists on opening it in IE8. This has happened before but after a few days solved itself - so we never got to the bottom of it. I have confirmed that XLS files are associated with Excel but it is still happening Anybody any thoughts. Thanks BJ I've never used any version of SharePoint, but this is what I'd try. (I use WinXP, so it may be different for the...

running Flash using IE8 on x64 system
I'm about to do a clean install of my system (Dell Precision T5400 64-bit system with 2 300GB drives setup in a RAID 1 mirror and 8GB of memory). I will running XP Pro x64 Edition with Service Pack 2. By default, IE6 or IE7 will be installed after I finish re-installing my system. I am going to immediately get all the windows updates, which will install IE8 on my system. Does the windows update install both the x32 (Program Files x86 directory) and x64 (Program Files directory) version of IE8? If that is correct, then I can just create a shortcut to IE8 in the Program...

IE8 or IE8 provided by Yahoo?
I have ATT DSL and have been using IE8 since it was available. Recently I had to uninstall/reinstall it and SP3 for a problem and when I reinstalled Explorer I used "IE8 provided by Yahoo" After making my default browser IE I noticed that it is still provided by Yahoo. I think it is a little less stable, or slower maybe, but I don't want to remove it and install IE8 just on a whim. It was not fun. Does anyone know what the diffierence in their operations are, and what difference it will make? Thanks. Dell Dimension 8400 32 bit Win XP NIS 2010 -- Randu ...

IE8 32 bit and IE8 64 bit
I have an HP Notebook with Windows Vista x64. There are two paths to Internet Explorer: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer [Internet Explorer (32 bit)] C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer [Internet Explorer (64-bit)] Recently, I noticed that some web functions no longer work, e.g. I cannot use the HP Support Chat program. This is a program that requires an Active X installation in order to open a window that allows chat with Hewlett-Packard support staff. HP also provides a program on their website that "Auto detects" the computer model, specs, etc. ...

Cannot Run IE8
I received this error message when trying to run this application: "This system does not support your systems architecture (32/64bits)" How can I fix this? Thanks State your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) and your current IE version. -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002 Ken wrote: > I received this error message when trying to run this application: > > "This system does not support your systems architecture (32/64bits)" > ...

DEP and IE8 under XP
After a hardware upgrade (to an Athlon II x2 Regcor 245 chip and new motherboard), I'm struggling with a DEP-related problem. Running XP SP3 and IE8. The new chip is hardware DEP capable; the old one wasn't. The DEP is set to "protect critical programs," if I recall the wording correctly, not to protect all programs. Although the latter setting is supposedly the default, the "critical programs" setting showed the radio button when I looked at the DEP settings the first time. There is only one problem I've found (...my wife has found -- it's h...

IE8 -can IE8 open new tab when click on hyperlink
Is there a way to force IE8 to open a new tab when I click on a hyperlink. If you do that in the present state, IE8 opens the new page on the same page you are reading. Then you have to click on the go-back button. In order to get a new tab I click control-hyperlink. I want to skip the control step. Thank you. Roxy Roxy wrote: > Is there a way to force IE8 to open a new tab when I click on a hyperlink. If > you do that in the present state, IE8 opens the new page on the same page you > are reading. Then you have to click on the go-back button. > > In o...

IE8
I downloaded IE8 onto my laptop and it worked fine for awhile but now I'm unable to bring up the browser at all, and consequently cannot get online - even though I'm connected. The laptop is a Inspiron XPS Gen 2 running XP Pro and is tapping the net through wireless. I had just recently downloaded SP3 and KBxxxxxx updates. After that I was unable to bring up the expolrer. I thought maybe if I uninstalled and then reinstalled IE8, it might fix it. When I went to uninstall IE8 there wasn't a remove button in the Add/Remove for it. Has anyone run across this kind of...

WIN X Sp2 IE8.0 killed by CPXRSYSGUARD.EXE and or ? Cant get IE8 to access the web
Tonite, I Contracted 39 versions of what SuperAntiSpyware calls: ROGUE.AGENT/GEN in my Registry HKUS\S-1-5-21 (see below) etc (in 39 different file endings) and TROJAN.AGENT/GEN-FakeSpy[Broad] 3 copies 1. in HKUS\S-1-5-21-2952124706-32014773-2762605872-1007Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run(jdfecxfs- C:\Documentsand Settings\Alan\LocalSettings\ApplicationData\ubqllk\cpxrsysguard.exe and The other two in C:\ DocSettings\Alan\LocalSettings\ApplicationData where it again opened a Folder named UBQLLK and inserted 2 copies of CPXRSYSGUARD.EXE It beg...

IE8 favorites not working in Win7 after an uninstall of IE8
IE8 favorites not working in Win7 after an uninstall of IE8 and then re-install. Favorites will not open after installing then removing IE8 beta in IE... The favorites appear as normal in the toolbar, but none of the links work. Import does not work either from previous IE8 bookmark.htm save..."some items not imported correctly" also, did IE8 default reset from TOOLS, ADVANCED, RESET and that did not work either. Import of bookmark.htm into CHROME , FIREFOX and OPERA worked just fine...even tried exporting from these browsers and then inporting into IE8, no-go... ...

IE8 Title bug
According to Microsoft Connect (https://connect.microsoft.com/IE) I should report a possible bug in this newsgroup. When I want to save a webpage I sometimes get the message "This webpage could not be saved". I discovered that this was caused by the 'title' tag of the html document. It seems that the error message is shown whenever the 'title' tag exceeds 259 characters. I use Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bits and tested IE 8.0.6001.18828 both 32-bits and 64-bits version. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft respon...

Slowness of IE8
My question is this: Why is the Internet Explorer so slow? and Why does my pc freeze everytime the Internet explorer is downloading the page? My computer freezes constantly when I use the Internet Explorer. I have tried several settings on the advanced page but not much seems to make any diference. I have even tried the internet explorer with no add ons and there is no difference. Any suggestions? Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version when posting in an IE-specific...

Installation of IE8 on XP with SP2 hangs
The installion of IE8 hangs during command mrt.exe Version (3.7.3702.0 - May 2010) in Phase 5 of the installation. When I start the Malicious Software Removal Tool manually, the scan hangs scanning an unsuspicious application (stickies.exe). After deleting the application the next scan hangs at %windir%\system32\shell32.dll. I did an offline anti-virus check wih BitDefender and Kapersky software, booting from a special CD-Rom with no malware found. We are using McAfee Enterprise Verion 8.5i for online anti-virus security. I really appreicate any help on our issue Wolfgang ...

IE8
Any one running money plus with the new IE8 installed. Any Problems? Saw where some are running it without problems with windows 7, but the browser in it is not the same as the just released one I am told. Jim I installed IE8 RTW on the machine I run M+ Deluxe on this past Friday. So far so good, but I have not comprehensively tested Money. "James Johnson" <jamesone@cableone.net> wrote in message news:2EFE7B46-85B7-401D-BD6E-212CDD50FB5E@microsoft.com... > Any one running money plus with the new IE8 installed. Any Problems? Saw > where some are running it with...

IE8 vs IE8 (64 bit)
On my new Win7 64 bit Home Premium computer, I notice that Start | Programs displays two links for IE. One is simply IE8. The second is IE8 (64 bit) Is it likely I have two versions? Which should I use? Which, if any should I remove? "PT" <inconnu3939@gmail.com> wrote in message news:fe603128-c738-4d76-89c0-4b98de32bcba@k17g2000yqh.googlegroups.com... > On my new Win7 64 bit Home Premium computer, I notice that Start | > Programs displays two links for IE. One is simply IE8. The second is > IE8 (64 bit) > > Is it likely I have two versions?...

IE7 & IE8 in Windows Directory
On Windows XP Professional with SP3 and all the updates maintained current as they have been published and offered by Microsoft Update procedures : I have these folders in the C:\Windows directory... ie7 ; ie7 updates ; ie8 ; and ie8 updates. The ie7 folder is kind of small, at about 25 MV, but the ie7 updates folder is at about 290 MB. Since I am intending to stay with IE8, because of security reasons, among other considerations, may I simply omit the ie7 and ie7 updates folders? I would copy them to another data medium for storage for a while - but I would appreciate any ...

IE8 installer starts automatically. IE8 is already installed.
I tried to help a neighbor who had filled up the hard drive on her 2002 HP computer. I uninstalled Arcsoft, which freed up 500MB. But during startup an IE8 install wizard starts automatically -- which I cancel. When I load IE to access the Internet, [help][about] indicates the current version is already IE8. Should I let the automatic installer continue? Does the attempt of IE8 installer to run automatically mean their is a problem? Advice will be appreciated, Stan Hilliard You may be confusing the IE8 "RunOnce" or "Welcome screen" with an attempt to (re...

how to use bat file to open serveral html files wiht one instance of ie8
when I tried on ie8 with bat file like "<<i8dir>>iexplore" h1.html "<<i8dir>>iexplore" h2.html "<<i8dir>>iexplore" h3.html they all opened in one single tab not in multiple tabs what is the correct way to do this. I am getting tired of manually opening a number of test html files for my app development and test Developer-specific resources include: MSDN IE Development Forum (post such questions here instead) http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/iewebdevelopment/threads Tip: When posting in Develo...

The IE8 Downloadlink didn`t work
I am using winXP sp3 and window 6.0 I can download file from other sites I want to download IE8 from Hong Kong Microsoft web site. http://www.microsoft.com/taiwan/windows/internet-explorer/?WT.mc_id=ieproduct There is nothing appear after clicking on the download bottom http://www.microsoft.com/taiwan/windows/internet-explorer/thank-you.aspx After clicking on "下載頁面" for reloading the download link,it turn to a error page. http://www.microsoft.com/library/errorpages/smarterror.aspx/404?aspxerrorpath=/globalen/windows/internet-explorer/worldwide-sites.aspx Is it my own pro...

IE8 x32 crashing on windows 7 but not IE8 x64
My IE8 x32 crashes on windows 7 but not IE8 x64. despit the updating of my system (windows 7) . I have two disk in mirroring on dell XPS laptop. 7744308D mov dword ptr [ebp-30h],edx 77443090 lea edx,[ebp-30h] 77443093 or eax,edx 77443095 or eax,7 77443098 test cl,4 7744309B jne 77437978 774430A1 mov byte ptr [ebp-1],1 774430A5 jmp 77437978 774430AA or eax,0Bh 774430AD jmp 77437978 774430B2 push edx 774430B3 push edi 774430B4 call 77432506 774430B9...

IE8
OK, twice now I have downloaded IE8. Loading happens, system restart, then when I click on the Explorer icon, the window starts to open with a big white screen in it, then instantly closes. Again, and again this happens, forcing me to do a system restore each time. So I guess my question is: what the f? Hi, Start>Programs>Accessories>System Tools>Internet Explorer(no-Addons) Regards. "Cruz" <Cruz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B0F70CA3-3C82-4798-82DA-556E42D0DB9A@microsoft.com... > OK, twice now I have downloaded IE8. Loa...

Running IE8 on a system with Windows 98SE.
Will Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP also run on and old system with Windows 98SE installed? The present IE on that machine is IE6. You tell us: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/support/system-requirements.aspx --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est BPage wrote: > Will Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP also run on and old system with > Windows 98SE installed? The present IE on that machine is IE6. BPage <BPage@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Will Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP also run on and old system with > Windows 98SE install...

IE8 or not
I have IE7, which I am using with Windows XP Professional Version 2002 with Servic Pack 3. Is that compatible with IE8? What are the upsides to switching to IE8? Are there any downsides? "Nordic" <Nordic@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57F0B08E-B96A-410A-BBFE-E44A9400640C@microsoft.com... >I have IE7, which I am using with Windows XP Professional Version 2002 with > Servic Pack 3. Is that compatible with IE8? What are the upsides to > switching to IE8? Are there any downsides? I have IE8 installed on an XP Pro and an XP MCE (both wi...

IE8 Crash
Website - http://apps.rhs.org.uk/rhsplantfinder/plantlist.asp?code=LRHS+&name=Wisley+Plant+Centre+%28RHS%29&id=1278 causes IE8 running on Win XP home to hang and use 100% of processor, while Firefox will access address - is this a problem with the website or IE8? 17 April 2010 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft We...