IE8 Page numbering

I am using IE8 with XP Home Sp3.
When printing out pages off the web, at the bottom of the page, I notice a
&u& .
How do you tell IE8 to print the page # instead of         &u&.
Thanks

0
Charles

IE File | Page Setup | ...

Charles Eaves wrote:
> I am using IE8 with XP Home Sp3.
> When printing out pages off the web, at the bottom of the page, I notice a
> &u& .
> How do you tell IE8 to print the page # instead of &u&.

0
PA

Insert Multiple Pages from Word in Multiple PowerPoint Slides
I have a 10-page Word document (2003) that I want to insert into PowerPoint (2003) While in PP, I went to Insert > Object and then browsed to find the doc. and then I inserted it. But it only inserts the first page of the Word. doc. into the 1st slide. I want it to insert 10 pages into 10 slides. What can I do to insert all the pages? ANY help would be greatly appreciated, Karen In Word, File, you have Send to...PPT If you have use the Style, y'll get one slide per Style part "Karen" <Karen@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: F1D7D2...

Import iWork Pages 'Page Layout' into Word 'Publishing Layout'

Header for every page
Good day. How can I create a header row on my long list as such that during printing (or print preview), a header row will appear automatically after each page break. (Instead of manually typing in the cells on each page end.) Thank you. Bobby ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Software! http://www.ozgrid.com/Services/excel-software-categories.htm ** This will use designated rows of the existing WS itself to be duplicated at the start of every page. <File> <PageSetUp> <Sheet> tab, Under "PrintTitles", you can enter th...

Can Excel evaluate a series of numbers
I made an excel file to generate results from one number as the input a couple of other fixed numbers to reference against and a couple of algebra and quadratic equations to generate the desired answers. Can I make a list of numbers in my excel file and have excel run through the equations already set up and generate a list of results? If not, how do I make a file that will step through a list of numbers, run excel on each and save the results for each? Thank you, Chad Sellers Can you just copy your formula? For example, let's suppose that the "one number" is in cell ...

Adding a 0 to a four digit number
I have 4000+ zipcodes in a .csv file that I have imported to excel. The .csv file shows all zipcodes that start with 0 as a for digit number instead of 5. I need to add the 0 infront of the four that show up. for example 19601 fills in correctly 08054 shows as 8054 I need an if then statement that basically says if 4 digits then add a 0 infront is 5 digits remain the same. -- jermsalerms ------------------------------------------------------------------------ jermsalerms's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30167 View this thread: http://www.exc...

OWA front page
HI There, I've noticed on my OWA login page that it goes straight to a windows username and password login box and not to the OWA page with the blue background. How do you make the front page for OWA go to this page isntead of just a username and password box? Hope this make sense. and thanks in advance. will Enable forms based authentication mate http://www.petri.co.il/configuring_forms_based_authentication_in_exchange_2003.htm Oliver "will gerrish" <willgerrish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:88AD4DEA-E21D-48A5-9399-EBFBE05E0D48@microsoft.c...

number of worksheets
How many worksheets a workbook may have? In EXCEL 2007, according to MS documentation:- "Limited by available memory (default is 3 sheets)" Please hit Yes if my comments have helped. Thanks. "Neia" wrote: > How many worksheets a workbook may have? Limited by your pc's memory. Neia wrote: > > How many worksheets a workbook may have? -- Dave Peterson Hi, As many as your memory can handle "Neia" wrote: > How many worksheets a workbook may have? Limited by memory -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel Sa...

Export html page to Excel
After a html page is exported to Excel, if we try to save the file, a folder is automatically created at the same location with the name of the file suffixed with "_files" and contains filelist.xml and image001.emz files. Documentation says the following " When you publish an Excel workbook or worksheet as a Web page, Excel creates a supporting folder named "filename_ files" where it saves all the page's supporting files— such as bullets, background textures, and graphics. For example, if your file is named Page1.htm, Excel creates a subfolder named "...

No page #s appear on 1st 2 pgs after section split in Pub2K3
After creating a section split in Pub2K3, the first 2 pages of the new section do not show page numbers, although the master page has the "#" sign on it. All other subsequent pages display the page number in the correct order . . . what gives? You have to insert page numbers on both the left and right. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "GPSIS" <GPSIS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFB52036-7845-428C-98BB-361744742551@microsoft.com... > After creating a section split in P...

How Do I Add The Letter P in Front Of Each Number in a Seriers of Rows in one collum?
Hi, I have a collum with different numbers in each row. Example: 23 34 56 67 44 I'd like to add the letter P before each number all at once rather then typing P before each one manually. Example: P23 P34 P56 P67 P44 Was wondering to go about doing this? Thanks Dino -- Dno ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dno's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=33947 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=537242 One way: Enter in an unused column (say, column B): B1: ="P&quo...

convert decimal number to time : convert 1,59 (minutes, dec) to m
How to convert decimal number to time : convert 1,59 (minutes, dec) to mm:ss If the latter part of the number is decimal, then 59% of 60 minutes would be the answer 1.59 minutes = 1:34 (mm:ss) http://www.ingenio.com/categories/categorylist_expand.asp?sid=5228306 "agenda9533" wrote: > How to convert decimal number to time : convert 1,59 (minutes, dec) to mm:ss One way: A1: 1,59 A2: =A1/1440 format A2 as "[m]:ss" In article <D7745D58-E8CE-437B-8B53-F7CE451EB5DF@microsoft.com>, "agenda9533" <agenda9533@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

How to publish an Excel worksheet as a Web page including heading
I am trying to save an Excell worksheet as a Web page and some of the headings are dropped. Using Office 2003 Are you talking about information on the sheet or page header/footer info? All data on the is taken over in my test. Hans Thanks for the reply. It is headings within the sheet. The odd thing is the only headings that do not appear are where I have headings in col A & B which occupy rows 4 & 5. The heading that disappears is row 4, D through O. There is a sub-heading in row 6 that go across the whole sheet and this appears fine. I discovered a work-around - if t...

How do I hide the page # on the first pg of a multiple pg workshee
I have looked at the help tips and other information on how to change or insert the page number, but I have not found any information on how to hide the page number or delete it. I want the page numbers on the other pages, just not the first one. You can hide the first page number in Microsoft Word, so I assumed you could do the same thing in Microsoft Excel. Hi not so easy. Try the following site for macro solutions: http://www.rondebruin.nl/print.htm#Header -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Norsky" <Norsky@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag ne...

Need formula to cal percentage of 2 numbers
Hi, I would like the formula that will compare two numbers and give me the percentage in the third column. ex C4 compared to B4 put in cloumn D4 as a percentage, New to excel and need to know how to put the formula in the cell too? thanks for hel p in advance -- Mike B =C4/B4 and format as percentage -- HTH Bob Phillips "mike b" <mikeb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D45EB6A-F7D6-4B53-B3DC-EEA724E69298@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I would like the formula that will compare two numbers and give me the > percentage in the third column. > ...

Importing French Numbers
Hello all, I've got a document that contains the French format for numbers. For Example, the number 16543 shows up as 16 543, with a hard space between group of three numbers. As it stands now, Excel does not recognize 16 543 as a number and will not run any calculations or formulas. Is there any way to format these numbers en mass? I can't think of the VB code that would remove all spaces from a specified range... Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance, Mike Mike Use a helper column. In the column alongside your data use: =SUBSTITUTE(A2," "...

Printing same table on reverse side of all pages.
I have an Excel sheet which is several pages when printed. At the moment I print this onto paper which has the reverse side pre-printed with a table. The table is also in Excel format and never varies. Basically I print the table then re-insert the paper into the printer the other way up. The printer I have is capable of double sided printing. Is it possible to print the Excel sheet pages on the front of the paper and the table, which is currently pre-printed, on the reverse of all the pages? I believe it can be done by inserting the table into the Excel sheet on odd pages then printing dou...

Post Create Callout to show web page
Hi. I want to know if it's possible in a post create callout source code, open a new web page where the user can choose aditional information for the entity. What I want to do is show to the user a custom web page, once a appointment is created. Thanks for your help. -- MCP SBS 2003 Hi Joel Showing a custom page would be client side behavior. It can be done using client side JavaScript. A call out is not the place to go for such functionality. Try this: 1. Create a bit field, 'firstLoad' (or something that signifies that the record is being viewed for the first time). S...

IE8 'View Source' opens minimised
Suddenly, after no previous problems, when I open 'Page / View Source' in IE8 it flashes on screen then minimises immediately to the Taskbar. It can be viewed when maximised ok. It can be resized and I have then tried closing whilst holding down Ctrl. It only happens to 'View Source' not any other window. I am perplexed? Hi Bob, It is probably hidden from view behind the IE Window. Just move the IE Window down your screen to see the View Source window behind it. I have noticed the same issue since the last IE security update (last night my time)... It is a...

How do I increase the plot area over a number of pages?
I would like to have a chart that extends across a number of pages horizontally and vertically. I can split up the data values to fake it horizontally, but I don't see any way to do this vertically. Is there any way to do this? TIA You can do this with a chart embedded in a worksheet. Click the chart. Drag the handles in the horizontal and vertical direction as desired. [You may want to set the zoom to 50% or even 25% before doing the dragging.] Now, select the cells behind the chart. The easiest way to do this is select the cell at the top-left corner, then SHIFT+click the ...

Need Help Creating a ID Number
Hi All, I am creating a drawing request tool for my company. The drawing request number will be the ID number of my record followed by a letter. The first letter will be A and each revision will follow sequentially B..C..D and etc. So if my record ID is 1000 the first drawing number will be 1000A and if there is a revsions it will be 1000B. My plan is to have a request button that the user will press to generate the Drawing number. I then will want to store these Drawing numbers in a subform. Once our cad department has completed the drawing they will save them as the drawing number. So us...

numbering multilevel list word 2007
trying to use a multilevel number list and when I hit ENTER (return) the numbering stops (the icon for numbering become un-highlighted) If this is numbering attached to headings, note that, by default, the Normal style will be applied to text when you press Enter (at the end of a heading). You can change the "Style for following paragraph" in the style definition for the relevant heading(s). -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "dheuermann" <dheuermann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEF7E0F7-76A1-4B55-98B3-981E303C7A68@microsoft.co...

hide col letters and row numbers
In EXCEL 2007 how do I hide the col letters accross the top and the row numbers down the side Thanks Hi, go to view, show/Hide (2nd group), uncheck headings "pcor" wrote: > In EXCEL 2007 how do I hide the col letters accross the top and the row > numbers down the side > Thanks > Open PageLayout tab, locate Sheet Options group (one in from the right), under Headings deselect the View box best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme remove caps from email "pcor" <pcor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in mes...

setting axis from columns without using row number for line chart
Hi, Could you please provide the steps involved in creating a line chart with column B as the y-axis, and column C, the x-axis? My attempts always lead to the row number as the x-axis. I am using the trial version of Excel. Regards, William Johnston 1. Without any cells selected, click the "Chart Wizard" button, or use the menus by going to Insert --> Chart. 2. Choose the chart type and sub-type of interest (Line Chart, in your case), click "Next." 3. Click the "Series" tab, click the "Add" button. For the "Values,", choose yo...

Duplicate Numbers
I want to have a column that can not have a number entered into it if that number exist in another cell in that column. Maybe you could use Data|Validation. Select your column (I used column E), then Data|validation Allow: Custom Formula: =COUNTIF(E:E,E1)<2 (E1 was my activecell.) Joe Newlin wrote: > > I want to have a column that can not have a number entered into it if that > number exist in another cell in that column. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com Joe Here is some good stuff from Debra. From Debra Dalgleish If your order numbers are in column A, with a headi...

Page Numbers in PwPt saved to HTML
On the master slides of my powepoint file I set up "<#> of 10 pages" to auto-number the slides in the presentation. Page numbers show up when viewing the powerpoint in presenter mode, however, when I save as for the web, all I see is <#>. We've tried a few things but haven't been able to get page numbers to show up in the html file. Any suggestions on what I can try? Thank you, Marie In article <34724D7B-6045-4E1D-A92B-DC10A4B9AC18@microsoft.com>, Marie wrote: > On the master slides of my powepoint file I set up "<#> of 10 pa...