IE8 & Netflix Pop-up

I'm using IE8 on WinXP and when I go to a number of sites, I get a
Netflix pop-up!  I have Pop-up Blocker on, but get this pop-up a lot.
I looked thru Pop-up Blocker Options, but do not see anything to block
certain pop-ups - there is the option to allow pop-ups on certain
sites, but I do not have Netflix listed in there.

Any thoughts/suggestions on how to disable this pop-ups would be
appreciated.

Charliec
0
charliec

Check for adware.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

charliec@email.com wrote:
> I'm using IE8 on WinXP and when I go to a number of sites, I get a
> Netflix pop-up!  I have Pop-up Blocker on, but get this pop-up a lot.
> I looked thru Pop-up Blocker Options, but do not see anything to block
> certain pop-ups - there is the option to allow pop-ups on certain
> sites, but I do not have Netflix listed in there.
>
> Any thoughts/suggestions on how to disable this pop-ups would be
> appreciated.
>
> Charliec
0
Leonard
6/22/2010 11:18:30 PM
>On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 19:18:30 -0400, Leonard Grey <l.grey@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>Check for adware.
>---
>Leonard Grey
>Errare humanum est
>
>charliec@email.com wrote:
>> I'm using IE8 on WinXP and when I go to a number of sites, I get a
>> Netflix pop-up!  I have Pop-up Blocker on, but get this pop-up a lot.
>> I looked thru Pop-up Blocker Options, but do not see anything to block
>> certain pop-ups - there is the option to allow pop-ups on certain
>> sites, but I do not have Netflix listed in there.
>>
>> Any thoughts/suggestions on how to disable this pop-ups would be
>> appreciated.
>>
>> Charliec

I do that on a regular basis - I manually run Spybot, SpySweeper, and
Malwarebytes and have NAV 2010 running in real time.  I have a
subscription to AdAware, but it gave me so many problems, that I
uninstalled it.

So far, they have not found anything!

Charliec
0
charliec
6/23/2010 4:00:19 AM
<charliec@email.com> wrote in message
> >On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 19:18:30 -0400, Leonard Grey <l.grey@invalid.invalid>
> >wrote:
>
>>Check for adware.
>>---
>>Leonard Grey
>>Errare humanum est
>>
>>charliec@email.com wrote:
>>> I'm using IE8 on WinXP and when I go to a number of sites, I get a
>>> Netflix pop-up!  I have Pop-up Blocker on, but get this pop-up a lot.
>>> I looked thru Pop-up Blocker Options, but do not see anything to block
>>> certain pop-ups - there is the option to allow pop-ups on certain
>>> sites, but I do not have Netflix listed in there.
>>>
>>> Any thoughts/suggestions on how to disable this pop-ups would be
>>> appreciated.
>>>
>>> Charliec
>
> I do that on a regular basis - I manually run Spybot, SpySweeper, and
> Malwarebytes and have NAV 2010 running in real time.  I have a
> subscription to AdAware, but it gave me so many problems, that I
> uninstalled it.
>
> So far, they have not found anything!

You might try the solution posted by "randtm" in the following thread:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7security/thread/515cd2f1-4567-4964-a1c5-d5280b48508e

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

> Charliec

0
Donald

Msgs not being deleted from POP server
Running Oultook 2002 on Win XP... I have it set up for POP3 and to delete messages when I remove them from my "Deleted Items" folder. Outlook is NOT deleting the messages from the server. When I check the mail through a web interface, the messages I thought were deleted are still there. Also, if I remove a message from the inbox and file it into a different folder, shouldn't that also remove the message from the server? Any insights? ...

IE8 Developer
Will there be any updates (more features) with the IE8 Developer tool coming soon? Firebug just released their updates and some of their newer features are very handy (i.e. the new Quick Info) using FireFox. --MJ ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pan...

Linking POP to SY03900
Can anyone tell me what table the NOTEINDX is in for POP (Purchases)? I can find the comment in SY03900 and it's associated NOTEINDX, but I can't find where the NOTEINDX is for the actual POP. Thanks. Hello, The following fields on the POP10100 table contain the Noteindex that is linked to the SY03900 table. Note Beside the PO Number is stored in Field PONOTIDS_1 Note beside the Buyer ID is stored in field PONOTIDS_2 Thanks Don Craig "The Phone Guy" wrote: > Can anyone tell me what table the NOTEINDX is in for POP (Purchases)? I can > find the comment in...

Popping up a View instead of a dialog box
I want to have a dialog box that has a listCtrl in it has displays all the images in directory. When the user clicks on one of the images, I would like to pop up a scrollview instead of a dialog box, is that possible, similar to a Print Preview screen that will have a control bar on it and then when the user closes the popup view then control will return back to the dialog box, is this possible? Are you saying that I can pop up a CFrameWnd from a dialog box? "Scott McPhillips [MVP]" <scottmcp@mvps.org> wrote in message news:uH4SgAghDHA.2516@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Wil...

running Flash using IE8 on x64 system
I'm about to do a clean install of my system (Dell Precision T5400 64-bit system with 2 300GB drives setup in a RAID 1 mirror and 8GB of memory). I will running XP Pro x64 Edition with Service Pack 2. By default, IE6 or IE7 will be installed after I finish re-installing my system. I am going to immediately get all the windows updates, which will install IE8 on my system. Does the windows update install both the x32 (Program Files x86 directory) and x64 (Program Files directory) version of IE8? If that is correct, then I can just create a shortcut to IE8 in the Program...

Excel spreadsheet opening in IE8 instead of Excel 2003
I have an excel spreadsheet on the network but opened through Sharepoint Small Business Server 2003. All the PCs on the network correctly open the XLS file in Excel 2003 except for this one particular PC that insists on opening it in IE8. This has happened before but after a few days solved itself - so we never got to the bottom of it. I have confirmed that XLS files are associated with Excel but it is still happening Anybody any thoughts. Thanks BJ I've never used any version of SharePoint, but this is what I'd try. (I use WinXP, so it may be different for the...

IE8 or IE8 provided by Yahoo?
I have ATT DSL and have been using IE8 since it was available. Recently I had to uninstall/reinstall it and SP3 for a problem and when I reinstalled Explorer I used "IE8 provided by Yahoo" After making my default browser IE I noticed that it is still provided by Yahoo. I think it is a little less stable, or slower maybe, but I don't want to remove it and install IE8 just on a whim. It was not fun. Does anyone know what the diffierence in their operations are, and what difference it will make? Thanks. Dell Dimension 8400 32 bit Win XP NIS 2010 -- Randu ...

POP, shipment not avalaible for invoice matching
Hi, We have GP version 10. in POP, we did a shipment (reception of goods) and matched the invoice with it. However, there was an error and the person void the invoice. Now that we want to re-enter the good invoice, the shipment is no longer avalaible to match with the invoice. We can receive without any PO... What's the best practice. ? -- John Voiding the invoice in AP does not open the PO back up for invoice matching. "John" wrote: > > Hi, > > We have GP version 10. in POP, we did a shipment (reception of goods) and ...

IE8 32 bit and IE8 64 bit
I have an HP Notebook with Windows Vista x64. There are two paths to Internet Explorer: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer [Internet Explorer (32 bit)] C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer [Internet Explorer (64-bit)] Recently, I noticed that some web functions no longer work, e.g. I cannot use the HP Support Chat program. This is a program that requires an Active X installation in order to open a window that allows chat with Hewlett-Packard support staff. HP also provides a program on their website that "Auto detects" the computer model, specs, etc. ...

Outlook 2003: Removing from POP server...
The Mac version of Outlook, Entourage, has a very cool way to manually remove emails from one's POP3 mailserver (might work with Exchange, too, but I don't know...). Anyway, there's an icon in your email list that shows whether the mail is still on the server (a little blue star thingy)... You click on the star, and you have the choice to remove the message from the server. (THis is especially cool for if you're checking mail on two different computers, or on a handheld, and you don't want to get a particular message or messages the next time you log on with the different ...

pop-up box
I want to create a pop-up box that displays a range of cells when a macro button is pushed. Any input would be appreciated. Do you mean,. Msgbox Range("A1") & vblf & Range("A2") If this post helps click Yes --------------- Jacob Skaria "dwake" wrote: > I want to create a pop-up box that displays a range of cells when a macro > button is pushed. Any input would be appreciated. ...

POP server always changes to localhost
Hello, My outlook is having a wierd issue. I have three POP3 accounts set up to check email in Outlook. After some point in time, all three will stop functioning because in the E-mail accounts settings dialog my incoming mail server will get changed to localhost, and it fails to log in to box to pull my mail. It appends the POP3 server name to my user name which seems odd. So, to summarize, my Incoming mail server (POP3) field changes from it's usual value (something like mail.server.com) to localhost, and my mail server gets appended to my user name (something like username...

Cannot Run IE8
I received this error message when trying to run this application: "This system does not support your systems architecture (32/64bits)" How can I fix this? Thanks State your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) and your current IE version. -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002 Ken wrote: > I received this error message when trying to run this application: > > "This system does not support your systems architecture (32/64bits)" > ...

Multiple IMAP, POP and Hotmail accounts
OK, I've played with this for months, and I'm really tired of this crappy piece of Outlook software, but forced to use it. -*- Using Outlook 2002 -*- Situation: 4 Email accounts One Pop account to Yahoo Two IMAP accounts One Hotmail account Problem #1: When sending, only one, or none, but never all of the accounts show up under the accounts button when I send email. Problem #2: When trying to set a default account in the email accounts, on IMAP account can't be set, but on every other press of the default button it bounces to another account. (Not every clic...

DEP and IE8 under XP
After a hardware upgrade (to an Athlon II x2 Regcor 245 chip and new motherboard), I'm struggling with a DEP-related problem. Running XP SP3 and IE8. The new chip is hardware DEP capable; the old one wasn't. The DEP is set to "protect critical programs," if I recall the wording correctly, not to protect all programs. Although the latter setting is supposedly the default, the "critical programs" setting showed the radio button when I looked at the DEP settings the first time. There is only one problem I've found (...my wife has found -- it's h...

IE8 -can IE8 open new tab when click on hyperlink
Is there a way to force IE8 to open a new tab when I click on a hyperlink. If you do that in the present state, IE8 opens the new page on the same page you are reading. Then you have to click on the go-back button. In order to get a new tab I click control-hyperlink. I want to skip the control step. Thank you. Roxy Roxy wrote: > Is there a way to force IE8 to open a new tab when I click on a hyperlink. If > you do that in the present state, IE8 opens the new page on the same page you > are reading. Then you have to click on the go-back button. > > In o...

Pop-ups when I right click..
I am learning Office 2007...when I right click to copy, cut, paste, a little formatting box pops up. How do I get rid of this? It is very annoying and distracting to me. I just want to right click and cut, copy or paste, not format... Thanks for any help!!! Go to Office button > Word Options > Advanced. In the "Cut, copy, paste" section, uncheck the box for "Show Paste Options buttons". In the same area, you can set the defaults for what format to keep when you paste from one place to another. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP ...

IE8
I downloaded IE8 onto my laptop and it worked fine for awhile but now I'm unable to bring up the browser at all, and consequently cannot get online - even though I'm connected. The laptop is a Inspiron XPS Gen 2 running XP Pro and is tapping the net through wireless. I had just recently downloaded SP3 and KBxxxxxx updates. After that I was unable to bring up the expolrer. I thought maybe if I uninstalled and then reinstalled IE8, it might fix it. When I went to uninstall IE8 there wasn't a remove button in the Add/Remove for it. Has anyone run across this kind of...

WIN X Sp2 IE8.0 killed by CPXRSYSGUARD.EXE and or ? Cant get IE8 to access the web
Tonite, I Contracted 39 versions of what SuperAntiSpyware calls: ROGUE.AGENT/GEN in my Registry HKUS\S-1-5-21 (see below) etc (in 39 different file endings) and TROJAN.AGENT/GEN-FakeSpy[Broad] 3 copies 1. in HKUS\S-1-5-21-2952124706-32014773-2762605872-1007Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run(jdfecxfs- C:\Documentsand Settings\Alan\LocalSettings\ApplicationData\ubqllk\cpxrsysguard.exe and The other two in C:\ DocSettings\Alan\LocalSettings\ApplicationData where it again opened a Folder named UBQLLK and inserted 2 copies of CPXRSYSGUARD.EXE It beg...

why suddenly do email addresses not pop up auto when sending emai
All of a sudden when I'm sending an email the address is not automatically coming up. Usually does with anyone I've sent emails to previously. I have lots of people I email that I don't have in my address book - I rely on their address to pop up with the first few letters of their name. just starting doing this today. What did I do??? Thanks for any help. Deedee As Word does not have any e-mail function of its own, you need to ask in a forum for your e-mail software. Did you use any 'clean-up' type of software recently? -- <>>< ><&...

Removing the "broom" that pops-up in Excel
Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? The broom appears after I copy/paste a row. The broom allows me to change formatting, but it gets in my way and I can't see the cells beneath it. Frustrating! Tools|options|Edit tab uncheck show paste option buttons (and anything else you want disabled) LynnMcolorado wrote: > > Does anyone know how to resolve this issue? The broom appears after I > copy/paste a row. The broom allows me to change formatting, but it gets in > my way and I can't see the cells beneath it. > Frustrating! -- Dave Peterson ...

Problem deleting ie8 history
Hi i am using IE8 on Windows XP. I am having problems deleting history. When i go to Tools > Internet Options > Browsing History > Delete i tick all boxes except Cookies and Passwords and hit Delete. This deletes all my history. When i go to the History tab, it has all gone. When i go to my file system to Local Settings/History it has also gone. Fine so far. However, if i now go to the address box and start typing "www", a whole bunch of History headed and Favourites headed entries appear in the dropdown as suggestions. Favourites i would expect, history i...

IE8 favorites not working in Win7 after an uninstall of IE8
IE8 favorites not working in Win7 after an uninstall of IE8 and then re-install. Favorites will not open after installing then removing IE8 beta in IE... The favorites appear as normal in the toolbar, but none of the links work. Import does not work either from previous IE8 bookmark.htm save..."some items not imported correctly" also, did IE8 default reset from TOOLS, ADVANCED, RESET and that did not work either. Import of bookmark.htm into CHROME , FIREFOX and OPERA worked just fine...even tried exporting from these browsers and then inporting into IE8, no-go... ...

Converting POP to IMAP
I am planning to convert my long time Entourage POP account to an IMAP account - have bought an iPhone! I have my POP account folders (many) - is there a guide to the changeover that will make it easier to move over all my folder please? Julian On 1/28/10 1:09 PM, in article C7873D1C.18B85%julian@juliansolomons.com, "Julian Solomons" <julian@juliansolomons.com> wrote: > I have my POP account folders (many) - is there a guide to the changeover > that will make it easier to move over all my folder please? No guide that I'm aware of. In Accounts, unch...

WLM Email pop-up notification not working on start up
Hi, Ever since I updated WLM this summer, my Email pop-up notification stopped working ONLY at the start up of my PC. (Before the update it did work.) any other times, it does notifys me though. I don't know why this is happening. I made sure by re-setting all the setting and are correct on WLM. Could anyone help me on this issue? Thank you! ...