IE8 installer starts automatically. IE8 is already installed.

I tried to help a neighbor who had filled up the hard drive on her
2002 HP computer. I uninstalled Arcsoft, which freed up 500MB.

But during startup an IE8 install wizard starts automatically -- which
I cancel. When I load IE to access the Internet, [help][about]
indicates the current version is already IE8. Should I let the
automatic installer continue?

Does the attempt of IE8 installer to run automatically mean their is a
problem?

Advice will be appreciated,
Stan Hilliard
0
Stan

You may be confusing the IE8 "RunOnce" or "Welcome screen" with an attempt
to (re)install IE8, Stan.  See
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/disable-ie8-tour-welcome-screen-runonce-all-users/.

This phenomenon is usually associated with having failed to disabled all
realtime protections (i.e., anti-virus; anti-spyware; third-party firewall)
prior to installing IE8.
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Stan Hilliard wrote:
> I tried to help a neighbor who had filled up the hard drive on her
> 2002 HP computer. I uninstalled Arcsoft, which freed up 500MB.
>
> But during startup an IE8 install wizard starts automatically -- which
> I cancel. When I load IE to access the Internet, [help][about]
> indicates the current version is already IE8. Should I let the
> automatic installer continue?
>
> Does the attempt of IE8 installer to run automatically mean their is a
> problem?

0
PA

Error installing Money 2000
Installing Money 2000 Standard on an XP Home computer (with pretty much all the latest updates, SP's, etc.) Gets all the way to the end and indicates that ACMSETUP.EXE has encountered an error. This occurs just at 100% on the installation progress bar. Trying to install using full admin privileges. Tried copying the entire contents of the CD to a temp directory on the HD and installing from there with same results. Any pearls of wisdom? My wife is tired of balancing the checkbook on our ancient 400 MHz PII computer and would rather use the new computer. As much as I like Money, I'd ...

Installation problems #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Hi When i install office on my desktop it installs ok but when i try to open word or excel it comes up with the customer experience program everytime and launches microsoft update i then click "no, i dont want to participate at this time." and then continue, then the get started window appears and i click finish but nothing happens, then if i try to open word or excel again it does the same thing again and it doesnt ask for the product key at any time. But when i installed office on my macbook it works fine,...

Vista SP2 I can't install
Is Anyone willing to help me or guide me with installing SP2 and other impportent updates for my Vista Home premium laptop Dell Inspiron 1721 - please. I was trying several times but no cigar so to speak. Marian (that happen to be he) You'll have better luck getting good help if you ask in one of the Microsoft-sponsored newsgroups or forums applicable to Vista. This newsgroup is devoted to Microsoft Access database software, and it would only be coincidence if someone here were expert in the area you are asking about. Larry Linson Microsoft Office Access MVP &...

IE8 Developer
Will there be any updates (more features) with the IE8 Developer tool coming soon? Firebug just released their updates and some of their newer features are very handy (i.e. the new Quick Info) using FireFox. --MJ ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pan...

CDOEXM Installation
What is the easiest method for installing the Exchange CDO Com classes? I am writing a simple VBScript to add an Exchange 2003 mailbox to a newly created account and I don't really want to install the Exchange Admin tools on the Account Operators desktop. Any suggestions? ...

Creating email that arrives already open.
I am trying to create an email with graphics/pics. and charts that when sent will arrive already opened, like the page of a magazine. Not have the receipent have to open a file to see the message. If I need a special program to do this, what is the name? -- Ted In Outlook, Insert - Picture - From File will do it. "Ted" <Ted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF5694E7-54E1-4022-93D3-F6EDBEC39102@microsoft.com... > I am trying to create an email with graphics/pics. and charts that when sent > will arrive already opened, like the page of a magazine. ...

Excel spreadsheet opening in IE8 instead of Excel 2003
I have an excel spreadsheet on the network but opened through Sharepoint Small Business Server 2003. All the PCs on the network correctly open the XLS file in Excel 2003 except for this one particular PC that insists on opening it in IE8. This has happened before but after a few days solved itself - so we never got to the bottom of it. I have confirmed that XLS files are associated with Excel but it is still happening Anybody any thoughts. Thanks BJ I've never used any version of SharePoint, but this is what I'd try. (I use WinXP, so it may be different for the...

Is there an automatic way to change numbers such as 12312001 to da
I have imported a lot of dates from an old notepad file, but they came accross as a numbers ex: December 31, 2001 is 12312001. each cell has a number. I have formated the cells as dates, but will not recognize as a date unless I insert / / in each cell. Is there an automatic way to change the numbers to a date????????? Hi for an addin see: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.QDEDownload.html "LMW" wrote: > I have imported a lot of dates from an old notepad file, but they came > accross as a numbers ex: December 31, 2001 is 12312001. each cell has a > number. I have ...

uninstalling ms office 2010 which was installed through power iso
hai; i have downloaded a crappy ms office mondo 2010 from lan and installed it.also there were some installation errors. i am not able to use ppt/word.... hence when i tried to unistall it ,through control pannel, it is saying "corrupted,insert original dvd/cd ". but i have installed it by poweriso. now i want to remove that msoffice and get some office07. so what should i do now to uninstall it. i have tried many times,every time it says "this product installation has been corrupted.insert original dvd/cd......." please help me.BTW, my os is vista home - - ...

running Flash using IE8 on x64 system
I'm about to do a clean install of my system (Dell Precision T5400 64-bit system with 2 300GB drives setup in a RAID 1 mirror and 8GB of memory). I will running XP Pro x64 Edition with Service Pack 2. By default, IE6 or IE7 will be installed after I finish re-installing my system. I am going to immediately get all the windows updates, which will install IE8 on my system. Does the windows update install both the x32 (Program Files x86 directory) and x64 (Program Files directory) version of IE8? If that is correct, then I can just create a shortcut to IE8 in the Program...

IE8 or IE8 provided by Yahoo?
I have ATT DSL and have been using IE8 since it was available. Recently I had to uninstall/reinstall it and SP3 for a problem and when I reinstalled Explorer I used "IE8 provided by Yahoo" After making my default browser IE I noticed that it is still provided by Yahoo. I think it is a little less stable, or slower maybe, but I don't want to remove it and install IE8 just on a whim. It was not fun. Does anyone know what the diffierence in their operations are, and what difference it will make? Thanks. Dell Dimension 8400 32 bit Win XP NIS 2010 -- Randu ...

Help
Hello. I am unsure how to do something that has been assigned to m where I work. I have a spreadsheet with 11 worksheets in it - All have the sam column headings and go from columns A thru P and of course hav different information in all of them. The rows vary on each as thes worksheets are updated daily with new lines of information. Basicall I need an additional worksheet in this workbook that will automaticall update every time any of the other worksheets are updated with ne information/new lines. Any help or examples would be greatl appreciated : -- Message posted from http://www.E...

How to automatically create network diagram in Visio 2007
Visio 2003 had both Fluke Networks LanMapshot and another Add on to automatically create network diagrams. Fluke no longer sells lan Mapshot. Does Visio 2007 have any similar feature to automatically diagram my network for me? (To help with diagnostics and design?) there was a follow version of the resource kit that had the LanSurveyor product in it. The company was called neon but has changed it's name. The product is still out there. Al "k41184" wrote: > Visio 2003 had both Fluke Networks LanMapshot and another Add on to > automatically create network diagrams....

What to do if you installed Security Update that was pulled
Info posted by Microsoft Security Response Center: Customers who downloaded the pre-release security update for Office for Mac on Tuesday should install this new update when it is released. This new update will remove the pre-release version and install the fully tested application fixes; we suggest that all Office for Mac users download the new update. More info here: <http://blogs.technet.com/msrc/archive/2006/12/15/update-on-accidental-posti ng-of-pre-release-security-updates-for-office-for-mac.aspx> If you really want to uninstall the patch, here's what you need to do: ...

IE8 32 bit and IE8 64 bit
I have an HP Notebook with Windows Vista x64. There are two paths to Internet Explorer: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer [Internet Explorer (32 bit)] C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer [Internet Explorer (64-bit)] Recently, I noticed that some web functions no longer work, e.g. I cannot use the HP Support Chat program. This is a program that requires an Active X installation in order to open a window that allows chat with Hewlett-Packard support staff. HP also provides a program on their website that "Auto detects" the computer model, specs, etc. ...

Installation errors
Hi, as many of you, I have been having an awful time to install the new msn after an uptdate was required. I have tried everything suggested in previous threads, but nothing seems to work. I get two error messages everytime I try (I have Vista). 1) Microsoft Visual Studio Runtime aborted:0x80004004 2) Windows Live Call hr:0x800b0109 May anybody please help me? Thanks > Hi, as many of you, I have been having an awful time to install the new > msn > after an uptdate was required. I have tried everything suggested in > previous > threads, but nothing...

Automatically create an account from a contact?
As various staff selectively move contacts in from Outlook using the "Track in CRM" feature we would like CRM to evaluate the Company Name and if there is a match with an existing account automatically assign the contact to the account. If there is no match, then we want an account created with all the address info, etc. from the contact added with that contact designated as the primary. Our two previous CRM systems supplied this feature. Is this feature available and I just haven't been able to find it or is there an easy way to set it up? Thanks, Jim Hi, There is...

Installing CRM3, multiple errors
I have installed CRM3 on a clean SBS2003 machine (under VirtualPC), but have got a series of errors and cannot now acess CRM at all. I followed the steps in the Implmentation Guide. I had to change the web site port to be 80 and the alias to be able to access it (as crm3demo). I installed CRM3 under Administrator login and was initially able to open CRM correctly, login as Administrator, go into the Administrator user and uncheck the restricted access check box. Everything appeared normal. Then I set up the sample data users in Active Directory and tried installing the sample data by ...

Cannot Run IE8
I received this error message when trying to run this application: "This system does not support your systems architecture (32/64bits)" How can I fix this? Thanks State your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) and your current IE version. -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002 Ken wrote: > I received this error message when trying to run this application: > > "This system does not support your systems architecture (32/64bits)" > ...

How do I stop outlook from opening the next message automatically
When I open a new message in my inbox and then close it outlook automatically opens the next message. How do I stop outlook from doing this? Depends on your version. There's little use in posting a question without including your version. For one of the versions you would go to Tools > Options > Preferences > Email Options... to access the settings for this behavior. -- Russ Valentine "Outlook inbox" <Outlook inbox@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:56BDE5B9-2E35-4536-934B-07B82C30547F@microsoft.com... > When I open a new message ...

DEP and IE8 under XP
After a hardware upgrade (to an Athlon II x2 Regcor 245 chip and new motherboard), I'm struggling with a DEP-related problem. Running XP SP3 and IE8. The new chip is hardware DEP capable; the old one wasn't. The DEP is set to "protect critical programs," if I recall the wording correctly, not to protect all programs. Although the latter setting is supposedly the default, the "critical programs" setting showed the radio button when I looked at the DEP settings the first time. There is only one problem I've found (...my wife has found -- it's h...

IE8 -can IE8 open new tab when click on hyperlink
Is there a way to force IE8 to open a new tab when I click on a hyperlink. If you do that in the present state, IE8 opens the new page on the same page you are reading. Then you have to click on the go-back button. In order to get a new tab I click control-hyperlink. I want to skip the control step. Thank you. Roxy Roxy wrote: > Is there a way to force IE8 to open a new tab when I click on a hyperlink. If > you do that in the present state, IE8 opens the new page on the same page you > are reading. Then you have to click on the go-back button. > > In o...

Excel start up
I am using a computer with Office 2000 and XP. A previous user set up several worksheets and programs to open (from our work network) when excel opens. What do I have to do to keep all these things from opening when I start Excel? Thanks! Tom Tom, Hold down the shift key? You can create your own shortcut, look at starting excel command line options in the help file (customize how excel starts?) Beege Tom M. wrote: > I am using a computer with Office 2000 and XP. A previous user set up > several worksheets and programs to open (from our work network) when excel > opens....

Install that corrective update
--iwxfadfhdstk Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="cscjovbpggihzf"; type="multipart/alternative" --cscjovbpggihzf Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="vnwpaomimyxp" --vnwpaomimyxp Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to pro...

Update Outlook 2002 without Office installed
I purchased an HP PPC 2003 that included Outlook 2002 (SP-1) on the CD. How do I upgrade Outlook 2002 to SP-2 without having Office XP installed? Searching the websites, all updates to Outlook 2002 seem to all point to Office XP. I don't have Office XP. >-----Original Message----- >I purchased an HP PPC 2003 that included Outlook 2002 (SP- 1) on the CD. How >do I upgrade Outlook 2002 to SP-2 without having Office XP installed? >Searching the websites, all updates to Outlook 2002 seem to all point to >Office XP. I don't have Office XP. > > >. >I wouldn&#...