IE8 freezes/hangs with video Web sites?

Hello.

Is there a known issue with Internet Explorer v8.0, in old Windows XP,
freezing/hanging on various video Web sites? My friend and others, on
http://www.videosift.com/talk/This-site-keeps-getting-hung-up, say
people are having problems there and other video Web sites (e.g.,
http://www.roblox.com/).

Thank you in advance. :)
--
"It's kind of an insane case ... 6,000 ants dressed up as rice and
robbed a Chinese restaurant." --Steven Wright
  | |o   o| |               Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
     \ _ /         Nuke ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
      ( )                                           or ANTant@zimage.com
Ant

Hi,
First clear the Temporary Internet Files.

Then:
Troubleshoot Adobe Flash Player installation for Windows:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=tn_19166
and
jd-adobe Troubleshooting Flash Player stability and performance:
http://blogs.adobe.com/jd/2010/02/troubleshooting_player_stabili.html

Or, it might be a bandwidth/traffic issue with no solution on the user's
end.
-
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Ant" <ant@zimage.comANT> wrote in message
> Hello.
>
> Is there a known issue with Internet Explorer v8.0, in old Windows XP,
> freezing/hanging on various video Web sites? My friend and others, on
> http://www.videosift.com/talk/This-site-keeps-getting-hung-up, say
> people are having problems there and other video Web sites (e.g.,
> http://www.roblox.com/).
>
> Thank you in advance. :)

0
Don
3/17/2010 9:46:58 AM
They already did all that. :(

On 3/17/2010 2:46 AM PT, Don Varnau typed:

--
"Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first
instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she
   / /\ /\ \        Phil./Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
  | |o   o| |               Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
     \ _ /         Nuke ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
      ( )                                           or ANTant@zimage.com
Ant
3/17/2010 1:50:19 PM
"Ant" <ant@zimage.comANT> wrote in message
> Hello.
>
> Is there a known issue with Internet Explorer v8.0, in old Windows XP,
> freezing/hanging on various video Web sites? My friend and others, on
> http://www.videosift.com/talk/This-site-keeps-getting-hung-up, say people
> are having problems there and other video Web sites (e.g.,
> http://www.roblox.com/).

They say it doesn't happen on Firefox but if the sequence is
1.    use IE until it hangs
2.    try Firefox

perhaps they should try a new sequence:
1.    use Firefox until it hangs
2.    try IE

What conclusions would be drawn then?   ; )

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

> Thank you in advance. :)
> --
> "It's kind of an insane case ... 6,000 ants dressed up as rice and robbed
> a Chinese restaurant." --Steven Wright
>    /\___/\
>   / /\ /\ \        Phil./Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
>  | |o   o| |               Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
>     \ _ /         Nuke ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
>      ( )                                           or ANTant@zimage.com
> Ant is currently not listening to any songs on his home computer.

0
Robert
(only) is available via telephone (based on your locale) and has been
extended until 02 July 2010. Customers must be running Windows XP or Windows
Vista in a non-domain environment.

   => US & CA Residents: 1-866-234-6020
   => Other locales:
https://support.microsoft.com/oas/default.aspx?&prid=13043

Ant wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Is there a known issue with Internet Explorer v8.0, in old Windows XP,
> freezing/hanging on various video Web sites? My friend and others, on
> http://www.videosift.com/talk/This-site-keeps-getting-hung-up, say
> people are having problems there and other video Web sites (e.g.,
> http://www.roblox.com/).
>
> Thank you in advance. :)

0
PA

IE8 Developer
Will there be any updates (more features) with the IE8 Developer tool coming soon? Firebug just released their updates and some of their newer features are very handy (i.e. the new Quick Info) using FireFox. --MJ ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pan...

OWA as default web page
I have a front end server I'm using for OWA. I would like to configure IIS to default to the login prompt when the user hits the web server, without having to type "/exchange". For example: https://webserver.domain instead of https://webserver.domain/exchange Is there a way to configure this? Thanks The article below describes how to redirect the Default Web page to point to the Exchange virtual directory. 319878 XWEB: How to Make Outlook Web Access the Default Web Site http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319878 >-----Original Message----- >I have a front end server...

Excel spreadsheet opening in IE8 instead of Excel 2003
I have an excel spreadsheet on the network but opened through Sharepoint Small Business Server 2003. All the PCs on the network correctly open the XLS file in Excel 2003 except for this one particular PC that insists on opening it in IE8. This has happened before but after a few days solved itself - so we never got to the bottom of it. I have confirmed that XLS files are associated with Excel but it is still happening Anybody any thoughts. Thanks BJ I've never used any version of SharePoint, but this is what I'd try. (I use WinXP, so it may be different for the...

running Flash using IE8 on x64 system
I'm about to do a clean install of my system (Dell Precision T5400 64-bit system with 2 300GB drives setup in a RAID 1 mirror and 8GB of memory). I will running XP Pro x64 Edition with Service Pack 2. By default, IE6 or IE7 will be installed after I finish re-installing my system. I am going to immediately get all the windows updates, which will install IE8 on my system. Does the windows update install both the x32 (Program Files x86 directory) and x64 (Program Files directory) version of IE8? If that is correct, then I can just create a shortcut to IE8 in the Program...

Sending web page through Outlook
I would like to be able to send selected pages from our intranet, instead of sending the link...users like it visually much better. How do I send the active version of the page so that it looks just the same and all the images and links work just as if you are on the page itself. Thanks all! File | Send | Page by E-mail. The user's default mail format must be HTML. It won't work if the page is too complex. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jump...

How do I add a Web Access Account to my Outlook at home?
That sounds strange, but I'm a student at a university that has given me an Outlook Account on Web Access for the purpose of receiving school mail, mainly school-wide announcements and information from professors. However, I find the online version to be very limiting and I'm not familiar with the newer versions of Outlook (haven't had it since about 1996 or so). I need to know if I can access e-mails recieved on my Web Access account in my Outlook program at home... Also, maybe if this is possible I won't have to do that... Can I organized e-mails on Web Access? I k...

IE8 or IE8 provided by Yahoo?
I have ATT DSL and have been using IE8 since it was available. Recently I had to uninstall/reinstall it and SP3 for a problem and when I reinstalled Explorer I used "IE8 provided by Yahoo" After making my default browser IE I noticed that it is still provided by Yahoo. I think it is a little less stable, or slower maybe, but I don't want to remove it and install IE8 just on a whim. It was not fun. Does anyone know what the diffierence in their operations are, and what difference it will make? Thanks. Dell Dimension 8400 32 bit Win XP NIS 2010 -- Randu ...

IE8 32 bit and IE8 64 bit
I have an HP Notebook with Windows Vista x64. There are two paths to Internet Explorer: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer [Internet Explorer (32 bit)] C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer [Internet Explorer (64-bit)] Recently, I noticed that some web functions no longer work, e.g. I cannot use the HP Support Chat program. This is a program that requires an Active X installation in order to open a window that allows chat with Hewlett-Packard support staff. HP also provides a program on their website that "Auto detects" the computer model, specs, etc. ...

Cannot Run IE8
I received this error message when trying to run this application: "This system does not support your systems architecture (32/64bits)" How can I fix this? Thanks State your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) and your current IE version. -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002 Ken wrote: > I received this error message when trying to run this application: > > "This system does not support your systems architecture (32/64bits)" > ...

From Web page to Word
Hi, sorry for my english. I have a problem, I'd like copy a Web page in a white page of Word. I don't understand why I can copy only the text and I can't copy the image, with Word for Windows I can do it. Please help me. For your information I have Word 2008 Ver 12 and MacBook 2.4 GHz with OS X 10.5.5. I wait your answers. Thanks to all, Manuela When you copy from a web page Word has nothing to do with what gets copied. That's determined by the browser you're using. If you're using Apple's Safari make sure it's fully updated & you may want to experiment ...

DEP and IE8 under XP
After a hardware upgrade (to an Athlon II x2 Regcor 245 chip and new motherboard), I'm struggling with a DEP-related problem. Running XP SP3 and IE8. The new chip is hardware DEP capable; the old one wasn't. The DEP is set to "protect critical programs," if I recall the wording correctly, not to protect all programs. Although the latter setting is supposedly the default, the "critical programs" setting showed the radio button when I looked at the DEP settings the first time. There is only one problem I've found (...my wife has found -- it's h...

IE8 -can IE8 open new tab when click on hyperlink
Is there a way to force IE8 to open a new tab when I click on a hyperlink. If you do that in the present state, IE8 opens the new page on the same page you are reading. Then you have to click on the go-back button. In order to get a new tab I click control-hyperlink. I want to skip the control step. Thank you. Roxy Roxy wrote: > Is there a way to force IE8 to open a new tab when I click on a hyperlink. If > you do that in the present state, IE8 opens the new page on the same page you > are reading. Then you have to click on the go-back button. > > In o...

how do I hide freeze pane lines
I would like to be able to hide the freeze pane lines in my spreadsheet. Is it possible. You can click and drag the lines to the top or left (or top-left) margin of the screen, then reset the freeze by landing the cell pointer on the appropriate cell and clicking >Window >Freeze Panes. I don't think you can hide that line. Exel Help Needed wrote: > > I would like to be able to hide the freeze pane lines in my spreadsheet. Is > it possible. -- Dave Peterson My error- I thought the OP was talking about the grey "Split" lines. ...

Publishing multiple page Publisher document to the Web
I am trying to post a two page document to the web, but when I "convert to a web doc" only the first page posts. How do you link the pages to have then both go to the web doc? You're limited to one page. Save your pub with another name, then = combine page 1 & page 2 into one LONG page...then try it. "Trish at ARHS" <Trish at ARHS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in = message news:B6A0F0E6-3903-4F29-90C8-A458E044E11D@microsoft.com... > I am trying to post a two page document to the web, but when I = "convert to a=20 > web doc" only the fi...

IE8
I downloaded IE8 onto my laptop and it worked fine for awhile but now I'm unable to bring up the browser at all, and consequently cannot get online - even though I'm connected. The laptop is a Inspiron XPS Gen 2 running XP Pro and is tapping the net through wireless. I had just recently downloaded SP3 and KBxxxxxx updates. After that I was unable to bring up the expolrer. I thought maybe if I uninstalled and then reinstalled IE8, it might fix it. When I went to uninstall IE8 there wasn't a remove button in the Add/Remove for it. Has anyone run across this kind of...

Setting Start Point in Hyperlinked Video
I am working in Excel 2007. I want to click on something and get an external video to play, from a defined starting point to a defined ending point. Hyperlinks have worked great for getting the whole thing to run, but I haven't been able to figure out how to get them to give me the start/stop point. I would be happy to use macros. Thank you in advance for any help. Where is the file located? A hyperlink could be on a local pc as a file, it could be imbedded in another document, it could be on the web!!!! -- joel ---------------------------------------------------...

I cannot access the web via a link in an emil message
When I click on an internet link in a message I'm told the action was cancelled due to restrictions on the computer and to contact system administrator. I'm the only user on the machine and not linked to a network. I am the administrator and this never used to happen. How can I change this to allow access> See this webpage for some possible solutions: "This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer." http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm "Ieuan" <Ieuan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Exchange 2003 Freezes
We are Running Exchange 2003, on a windows 2003 Server standard edition server. Every day at exactly the same time all outlook clients freeze for approx 3-5 minutes. After 3-5 minutes the system runs fine. Any ideas what could be causing all outlook clients to freeze at exactly the same time every day. silly question but.... at that time, what do the logs on the exchange server say? "Brian" <Brian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D63D93D2-74A1-42FF-A184-E9B9EBC6037D@microsoft.com... > We are Running Exchange 2003, on a windows 2003 Server standar...

WaitForSingleObject freezes application
Hello all ! I created a simple dialog based application. I'm starting a thread like this from the dialog class when the user clicks a button : m_pThread = AfxBeginThread(DoDownload, this); Where 'this' is a CFileDownloadDlg *. My DoDownload function : UINT DoDownload(LPVOID pParam){ CFileDownloadDlg *pDlg = (CFileDownloadDlg *)pParam; pDlg->Download(); // Lengthy operation return 0; } Here is my CFileDownloadDlg::Download void CFileDownloadDlg::Download() { m_dlObject.Download(); // m_dlObject is an object that downloads // a file from the net ...

WIN X Sp2 IE8.0 killed by CPXRSYSGUARD.EXE and or ? Cant get IE8 to access the web
Tonite, I Contracted 39 versions of what SuperAntiSpyware calls: ROGUE.AGENT/GEN in my Registry HKUS\S-1-5-21 (see below) etc (in 39 different file endings) and TROJAN.AGENT/GEN-FakeSpy[Broad] 3 copies 1. in HKUS\S-1-5-21-2952124706-32014773-2762605872-1007Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run(jdfecxfs- C:\Documentsand Settings\Alan\LocalSettings\ApplicationData\ubqllk\cpxrsysguard.exe and The other two in C:\ DocSettings\Alan\LocalSettings\ApplicationData where it again opened a Folder named UBQLLK and inserted 2 copies of CPXRSYSGUARD.EXE It beg...

Outlook2003 freeze at startup
Hi, My outlook 2003 freeze at startup. It freeze when it initialize the GUI SO I cannot see my folders, Inbox etc... It freezes when Outlook 2003 splash screen appear. (freeze #1) When killing the process and restart outlook again, it ask me to start in safe mode, then a samll window appear with a list of task "Migrating account, Migrating preferences, creating welcome message, importing user Data". And here same thing, it freeze (freeze #2) on the first task "Migrating account settings" When killing freezing windows #2, and restart it again, it offer me to de...

web-outlook and oma
Hope someone can help I have exchange server working and I can connect with web-outlook to view all my mail However, when I try to view the same account using OMA I just get a blank document back - the full document contents are <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <HTML><HEAD> <META http-equiv=Content-Type content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"></HEAD> <BODY></BODY></HTML> Does anyone have any suggestions on a way forward Any ideas will be much appreciated Phil ...

Problem deleting ie8 history
Hi i am using IE8 on Windows XP. I am having problems deleting history. When i go to Tools > Internet Options > Browsing History > Delete i tick all boxes except Cookies and Passwords and hit Delete. This deletes all my history. When i go to the History tab, it has all gone. When i go to my file system to Local Settings/History it has also gone. Fine so far. However, if i now go to the address box and start typing "www", a whole bunch of History headed and Favourites headed entries appear in the dropdown as suggestions. Favourites i would expect, history i...

Using Powerpoint with Live Video
Hello, a long time ago I viewed an amazing presentation. The details are very hazy, but they were using Powerpoint and using it to super-impose titles onto *live video*!! I did ask them at the time how they did this. The exact steps I unfortunately have forgot. They were using a high-end consumer video card that had a feature of doing real-time color keying (making a specific color invisible, like greenscreening). So they had the title slides in a certain color (e.g. pink), a live video feed going into the system, the graphic card merging the titles and live video together, an...

IE8 favorites not working in Win7 after an uninstall of IE8
IE8 favorites not working in Win7 after an uninstall of IE8 and then re-install. Favorites will not open after installing then removing IE8 beta in IE... The favorites appear as normal in the toolbar, but none of the links work. Import does not work either from previous IE8 bookmark.htm save..."some items not imported correctly" also, did IE8 default reset from TOOLS, ADVANCED, RESET and that did not work either. Import of bookmark.htm into CHROME , FIREFOX and OPERA worked just fine...even tried exporting from these browsers and then inporting into IE8, no-go... ...