IE8 favorites not working in Win7 after an uninstall of IE8

IE8 favorites not working in Win7 after an uninstall of IE8 and then 
re-install. Favorites will not open after installing then removing IE8 beta 
in IE... The favorites appear as normal in the toolbar, but none of the links 
work.

Import does not work either from previous IE8 bookmark.htm save..."some 
items not imported correctly" also, did IE8 default reset from TOOLS, 
ADVANCED, RESET and that did not work either.

Import of bookmark.htm into CHROME , FIREFOX and OPERA worked just 
fine...even tried exporting from these browsers and then inporting into IE8, 
no-go...

Why would IE8 Favorites not work?

Thanks for your help.
-- 
www.jollymoon.com
0
Utf
2/2/2010 12:21:02 AM
internetexplorer.general 1684 articles. 0 followers. Follow

14 Replies
1574 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 8

You installed & uninstalled IE8 Beta in Win7?

Are you (still) running Win7 Beta or Win7 RC?


Jollymoon wrote:
> IE8 favorites not working in Win7 after an uninstall of IE8 and then
> re-install. Favorites will not open after installing then removing IE8 
> beta
> in IE... The favorites appear as normal in the toolbar, but none of the
> links work.
>
> Import does not work either from previous IE8 bookmark.htm save..."some
> items not imported correctly" also, did IE8 default reset from TOOLS,
> ADVANCED, RESET and that did not work either.
>
> Import of bookmark.htm into CHROME , FIREFOX and OPERA worked just
> fine...even tried exporting from these browsers and then inporting into 
> IE8,
> no-go...
>
> Why would IE8 Favorites not work?
>
> Thanks for your help. 

0
PA
2/2/2010 1:26:13 AM
I uninstalled IE8 regular out of Win7 Ultimate.  I was having weird issues 
with IE8 on displaying webpages, cache issues, cookies problems...etc.  So I 
thought a uninstall and reinstall of IE8 in Win7 would fix the issues.  
NO...now all my favorites don't work...
-- 
www.jollymoon.com


"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> You installed & uninstalled IE8 Beta in Win7?
> 
> Are you (still) running Win7 Beta or Win7 RC?
> 
> 
> Jollymoon wrote:
> > IE8 favorites not working in Win7 after an uninstall of IE8 and then
> > re-install. Favorites will not open after installing then removing IE8 
> > beta
> > in IE... The favorites appear as normal in the toolbar, but none of the
> > links work.
> >
> > Import does not work either from previous IE8 bookmark.htm save..."some
> > items not imported correctly" also, did IE8 default reset from TOOLS,
> > ADVANCED, RESET and that did not work either.
> >
> > Import of bookmark.htm into CHROME , FIREFOX and OPERA worked just
> > fine...even tried exporting from these browsers and then inporting into 
> > IE8,
> > no-go...
> >
> > Why would IE8 Favorites not work?
> >
> > Thanks for your help. 
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
2/2/2010 2:39:01 AM
I should say that about the same time I was trying to use an IE7 standalone 
and also
IE Tester 4.2  That is when I first noticed the non working favorites...

I uninstalled both of these and no change...still no working links in 
favorites.
-- 
www.jollymoon.com


"Jollymoon" wrote:

> I uninstalled IE8 regular out of Win7 Ultimate.  I was having weird issues 
> with IE8 on displaying webpages, cache issues, cookies problems...etc.  So I 
> thought a uninstall and reinstall of IE8 in Win7 would fix the issues.  
> NO...now all my favorites don't work...
> -- 
> www.jollymoon.com
> 
> 
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> 
> > You installed & uninstalled IE8 Beta in Win7?
> > 
> > Are you (still) running Win7 Beta or Win7 RC?
> > 
> > 
> > Jollymoon wrote:
> > > IE8 favorites not working in Win7 after an uninstall of IE8 and then
> > > re-install. Favorites will not open after installing then removing IE8 
> > > beta
> > > in IE... The favorites appear as normal in the toolbar, but none of the
> > > links work.
> > >
> > > Import does not work either from previous IE8 bookmark.htm save..."some
> > > items not imported correctly" also, did IE8 default reset from TOOLS,
> > > ADVANCED, RESET and that did not work either.
> > >
> > > Import of bookmark.htm into CHROME , FIREFOX and OPERA worked just
> > > fine...even tried exporting from these browsers and then inporting into 
> > > IE8,
> > > no-go...
> > >
> > > Why would IE8 Favorites not work?
> > >
> > > Thanks for your help. 
> > 
> > .
> > 
0
Utf
2/2/2010 2:45:01 AM
sorry...the "beta" was from a cut and paste post  Win7 Ultimate and IE8  
PLEASE don't tell me I have to reinstall WIN7!
-- 
www.jollymoon.com


"Jollymoon" wrote:

> IE8 favorites not working in Win7 after an uninstall of IE8 and then 
> re-install. Favorites will not open after installing then removing IE8 beta 
> in IE... The favorites appear as normal in the toolbar, but none of the links 
> work.
> 
> Import does not work either from previous IE8 bookmark.htm save..."some 
> items not imported correctly" also, did IE8 default reset from TOOLS, 
> ADVANCED, RESET and that did not work either.
> 
> Import of bookmark.htm into CHROME , FIREFOX and OPERA worked just 
> fine...even tried exporting from these browsers and then inporting into IE8, 
> no-go...
> 
> Why would IE8 Favorites not work?
> 
> Thanks for your help.
> -- 
> www.jollymoon.com
0
Utf
2/2/2010 6:00:04 AM
There's a reason standalone versions of IE aren't supported in any Windows 
version & you now know why.  Wipe & reload.

Jollymoon wrote:
> I should say that about the same time I was trying to use an IE7 
> standalone
> and also
> IE Tester 4.2  That is when I first noticed the non working favorites...
>
> I uninstalled both of these and no change...still no working links in
> favorites.
>
>> I uninstalled IE8 regular out of Win7 Ultimate.  I was having weird 
>> issues
>> with IE8 on displaying webpages, cache issues, cookies problems...etc. 
>> So
>> I thought a uninstall and reinstall of IE8 in Win7 would fix the issues.
>> NO...now all my favorites don't work...
>> --
>> www.jollymoon.com
>>
>>
>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>>
>>> You installed & uninstalled IE8 Beta in Win7?
>>>
>>> Are you (still) running Win7 Beta or Win7 RC?
>>>
>>>
>>> Jollymoon wrote:
>>>> IE8 favorites not working in Win7 after an uninstall of IE8 and then
>>>> re-install. Favorites will not open after installing then removing IE8
>>>> beta
>>>> in IE... The favorites appear as normal in the toolbar, but none of the
>>>> links work.
>>>>
>>>> Import does not work either from previous IE8 bookmark.htm save..."some
>>>> items not imported correctly" also, did IE8 default reset from TOOLS,
>>>> ADVANCED, RESET and that did not work either.
>>>>
>>>> Import of bookmark.htm into CHROME , FIREFOX and OPERA worked just
>>>> fine...even tried exporting from these browsers and then inporting into
>>>> IE8,
>>>> no-go...
>>>>
>>>> Why would IE8 Favorites not work?
>>>>
>>>> Thanks for your help.
>>>
>>> . 

0
PA
2/2/2010 7:32:29 AM
I think you will have to reinstall it. It sounds like you hosed IE 
completely by removing IE8, and also by installing a "standalone" IE7 into 
Windows 7. IE7 is not supported (meaning it does not work and will break 
things) on Windows 7, and removing IE8 from Windows 7 is not supported 
either. What made you think that either of these would be a good idea?

Dan


"Jollymoon" <Jollymoon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
news:CC6C919C-CD3C-43CE-8621-A2D07946CF22@microsoft.com...
> sorry...the "beta" was from a cut and paste post  Win7 Ultimate and IE8
> PLEASE don't tell me I have to reinstall WIN7!
> -- 
> www.jollymoon.com
>
>
> "Jollymoon" wrote:
>
>> IE8 favorites not working in Win7 after an uninstall of IE8 and then
>> re-install. Favorites will not open after installing then removing IE8 
>> beta
>> in IE... The favorites appear as normal in the toolbar, but none of the 
>> links
>> work.
>>
>> Import does not work either from previous IE8 bookmark.htm save..."some
>> items not imported correctly" also, did IE8 default reset from TOOLS,
>> ADVANCED, RESET and that did not work either.
>>
>> Import of bookmark.htm into CHROME , FIREFOX and OPERA worked just
>> fine...even tried exporting from these browsers and then inporting into 
>> IE8,
>> no-go...
>>
>> Why would IE8 Favorites not work?
>>
>> Thanks for your help.
>> -- 
>> www.jollymoon.com

 

0
Dan
2/2/2010 10:46:27 AM
The Idea was: I was trying to fix some minor issues that I thought a reload 
of IE8 as a new copy would fix..."pages would not update when refresh button 
was clicked" is what started it all...(turned out to be a cookie issue)

The standalones were supposedly "sandboxed".  I suppose when you say "hosed" 
you mean a complete reinstall of Win7??  Say it ain't so!!


-- 
www.jollymoon.com


"Dan" wrote:

> I think you will have to reinstall it. It sounds like you hosed IE 
> completely by removing IE8, and also by installing a "standalone" IE7 into 
> Windows 7. IE7 is not supported (meaning it does not work and will break 
> things) on Windows 7, and removing IE8 from Windows 7 is not supported 
> either. What made you think that either of these would be a good idea?
> 
> Dan
> 
> 
> "Jollymoon" <Jollymoon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> news:CC6C919C-CD3C-43CE-8621-A2D07946CF22@microsoft.com...
> > sorry...the "beta" was from a cut and paste post  Win7 Ultimate and IE8
> > PLEASE don't tell me I have to reinstall WIN7!
> > -- 
> > www.jollymoon.com
> >
> >
> > "Jollymoon" wrote:
> >
> >> IE8 favorites not working in Win7 after an uninstall of IE8 and then
> >> re-install. Favorites will not open after installing then removing IE8 
> >> beta
> >> in IE... The favorites appear as normal in the toolbar, but none of the 
> >> links
> >> work.
> >>
> >> Import does not work either from previous IE8 bookmark.htm save..."some
> >> items not imported correctly" also, did IE8 default reset from TOOLS,
> >> ADVANCED, RESET and that did not work either.
> >>
> >> Import of bookmark.htm into CHROME , FIREFOX and OPERA worked just
> >> fine...even tried exporting from these browsers and then inporting into 
> >> IE8,
> >> no-go...
> >>
> >> Why would IE8 Favorites not work?
> >>
> >> Thanks for your help.
> >> -- 
> >> www.jollymoon.com
> 
>  
> 
0
Utf
2/2/2010 1:04:01 PM
You're no fun...

Wipe and reload means a complete reinstall of Win7??????

Say it ain't so!!
-- 
www.jollymoon.com


"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> There's a reason standalone versions of IE aren't supported in any Windows 
> version & you now know why.  Wipe & reload.
> 
> Jollymoon wrote:
> > I should say that about the same time I was trying to use an IE7 
> > standalone
> > and also
> > IE Tester 4.2  That is when I first noticed the non working favorites...
> >
> > I uninstalled both of these and no change...still no working links in
> > favorites.
> >
> >> I uninstalled IE8 regular out of Win7 Ultimate.  I was having weird 
> >> issues
> >> with IE8 on displaying webpages, cache issues, cookies problems...etc. 
> >> So
> >> I thought a uninstall and reinstall of IE8 in Win7 would fix the issues.
> >> NO...now all my favorites don't work...
> >> --
> >> www.jollymoon.com
> >>
> >>
> >> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >>
> >>> You installed & uninstalled IE8 Beta in Win7?
> >>>
> >>> Are you (still) running Win7 Beta or Win7 RC?
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> Jollymoon wrote:
> >>>> IE8 favorites not working in Win7 after an uninstall of IE8 and then
> >>>> re-install. Favorites will not open after installing then removing IE8
> >>>> beta
> >>>> in IE... The favorites appear as normal in the toolbar, but none of the
> >>>> links work.
> >>>>
> >>>> Import does not work either from previous IE8 bookmark.htm save..."some
> >>>> items not imported correctly" also, did IE8 default reset from TOOLS,
> >>>> ADVANCED, RESET and that did not work either.
> >>>>
> >>>> Import of bookmark.htm into CHROME , FIREFOX and OPERA worked just
> >>>> fine...even tried exporting from these browsers and then inporting into
> >>>> IE8,
> >>>> no-go...
> >>>>
> >>>> Why would IE8 Favorites not work?
> >>>>
> >>>> Thanks for your help.
> >>>
> >>> . 
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
2/2/2010 1:06:01 PM
Isn't there a "repair" of Win7 from the installation disk?  Without a 
complete erase and reinstall of Win7 to fix this IE8 problem???
-- 
www.jollymoon.com


"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> There's a reason standalone versions of IE aren't supported in any Windows 
> version & you now know why.  Wipe & reload.
> 
> Jollymoon wrote:
> > I should say that about the same time I was trying to use an IE7 
> > standalone
> > and also
> > IE Tester 4.2  That is when I first noticed the non working favorites...
> >
> > I uninstalled both of these and no change...still no working links in
> > favorites.
> >
> >> I uninstalled IE8 regular out of Win7 Ultimate.  I was having weird 
> >> issues
> >> with IE8 on displaying webpages, cache issues, cookies problems...etc. 
> >> So
> >> I thought a uninstall and reinstall of IE8 in Win7 would fix the issues.
> >> NO...now all my favorites don't work...
> >> --
> >> www.jollymoon.com
> >>
> >>
> >> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
> >>
> >>> You installed & uninstalled IE8 Beta in Win7?
> >>>
> >>> Are you (still) running Win7 Beta or Win7 RC?
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> Jollymoon wrote:
> >>>> IE8 favorites not working in Win7 after an uninstall of IE8 and then
> >>>> re-install. Favorites will not open after installing then removing IE8
> >>>> beta
> >>>> in IE... The favorites appear as normal in the toolbar, but none of the
> >>>> links work.
> >>>>
> >>>> Import does not work either from previous IE8 bookmark.htm save..."some
> >>>> items not imported correctly" also, did IE8 default reset from TOOLS,
> >>>> ADVANCED, RESET and that did not work either.
> >>>>
> >>>> Import of bookmark.htm into CHROME , FIREFOX and OPERA worked just
> >>>> fine...even tried exporting from these browsers and then inporting into
> >>>> IE8,
> >>>> no-go...
> >>>>
> >>>> Why would IE8 Favorites not work?
> >>>>
> >>>> Thanks for your help.
> >>>
> >>> . 
> 
> .
> 
0
Utf
2/2/2010 1:08:01 PM
I'd very much doubt that a Repair Install would fix this.

Jollymoon wrote:
> Isn't there a "repair" of Win7 from the installation disk?  Without a
> complete erase and reinstall of Win7 to fix this IE8 problem???
>
>> There's a reason standalone versions of IE aren't supported in any 
>> Windows
>> version & you now know why.  Wipe & reload.
>>
>> Jollymoon wrote:
>>> I should say that about the same time I was trying to use an IE7
>>> standalone
>>> and also
>>> IE Tester 4.2  That is when I first noticed the non working favorites...
>>>
>>> I uninstalled both of these and no change...still no working links in
>>> favorites.
>>>
>>>> I uninstalled IE8 regular out of Win7 Ultimate.  I was having weird
>>>> issues
>>>> with IE8 on displaying webpages, cache issues, cookies problems...etc.
>>>> So
>>>> I thought a uninstall and reinstall of IE8 in Win7 would fix the 
>>>> issues.
>>>> NO...now all my favorites don't work...
>>>>
>>>>> You installed & uninstalled IE8 Beta in Win7?
>>>>>
>>>>> Are you (still) running Win7 Beta or Win7 RC?
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Jollymoon wrote:
>>>>>> IE8 favorites not working in Win7 after an uninstall of IE8 and then
>>>>>> re-install. Favorites will not open after installing then removing 
>>>>>> IE8
>>>>>> beta
>>>>>> in IE... The favorites appear as normal in the toolbar, but none of 
>>>>>> the
>>>>>> links work.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Import does not work either from previous IE8 bookmark.htm 
>>>>>> save..."some
>>>>>> items not imported correctly" also, did IE8 default reset from TOOLS,
>>>>>> ADVANCED, RESET and that did not work either.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Import of bookmark.htm into CHROME , FIREFOX and OPERA worked just
>>>>>> fine...even tried exporting from these browsers and then inporting 
>>>>>> into
>>>>>> IE8,
>>>>>> no-go...
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Why would IE8 Favorites not work? 

0
PA
2/2/2010 2:18:57 PM
HOW TO do a clean install of Win7: See "Using the Custom installation option 
and formatting the hard disk" section of 
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Installing-and-reinstalling-Windows-7#section_7


Jollymoon wrote:
> You're no fun...
>
> Wipe and reload means a complete reinstall of Win7??????
>
> Say it ain't so!!
>
>> There's a reason standalone versions of IE aren't supported in any 
>> Windows
>> version & you now know why.  Wipe & reload.
>>
>> Jollymoon wrote:
>>> I should say that about the same time I was trying to use an IE7
>>> standalone
>>> and also
>>> IE Tester 4.2  That is when I first noticed the non working favorites...
>>>
>>> I uninstalled both of these and no change...still no working links in
>>> favorites.
>>>
>>>> I uninstalled IE8 regular out of Win7 Ultimate.  I was having weird
>>>> issues
>>>> with IE8 on displaying webpages, cache issues, cookies problems...etc.
>>>> So
>>>> I thought a uninstall and reinstall of IE8 in Win7 would fix the 
>>>> issues.
>>>> NO...now all my favorites don't work...
>>>>
>>>>> You installed & uninstalled IE8 Beta in Win7?
>>>>>
>>>>> Are you (still) running Win7 Beta or Win7 RC?
>>>>>
>>>>>> IE8 favorites not working in Win7 after an uninstall of IE8 and then
>>>>>> re-install. Favorites will not open after installing then removing 
>>>>>> IE8
>>>>>> beta
>>>>>> in IE... The favorites appear as normal in the toolbar, but none of 
>>>>>> the
>>>>>> links work.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Import does not work either from previous IE8 bookmark.htm 
>>>>>> save..."some
>>>>>> items not imported correctly" also, did IE8 default reset from TOOLS,
>>>>>> ADVANCED, RESET and that did not work either.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Import of bookmark.htm into CHROME , FIREFOX and OPERA worked just
>>>>>> fine...even tried exporting from these browsers and then inporting 
>>>>>> into
>>>>>> IE8,
>>>>>> no-go...
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Why would IE8 Favorites not work?
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Thanks for your help.
>>>>>
>>>>> .
>>
>> . 

0
PA
2/2/2010 2:20:17 PM
Went ahead and did "repair" install of Win7...using all the defaults

FIXED the problem...all is well.

-- 
www.jollymoon.com


"Jollymoon" wrote:

> The Idea was: I was trying to fix some minor issues that I thought a reload 
> of IE8 as a new copy would fix..."pages would not update when refresh button 
> was clicked" is what started it all...(turned out to be a cookie issue)
> 
> The standalones were supposedly "sandboxed".  I suppose when you say "hosed" 
> you mean a complete reinstall of Win7??  Say it ain't so!!
> 
> 
> -- 
> www.jollymoon.com
> 
> 
> "Dan" wrote:
> 
> > I think you will have to reinstall it. It sounds like you hosed IE 
> > completely by removing IE8, and also by installing a "standalone" IE7 into 
> > Windows 7. IE7 is not supported (meaning it does not work and will break 
> > things) on Windows 7, and removing IE8 from Windows 7 is not supported 
> > either. What made you think that either of these would be a good idea?
> > 
> > Dan
> > 
> > 
> > "Jollymoon" <Jollymoon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> > news:CC6C919C-CD3C-43CE-8621-A2D07946CF22@microsoft.com...
> > > sorry...the "beta" was from a cut and paste post  Win7 Ultimate and IE8
> > > PLEASE don't tell me I have to reinstall WIN7!
> > > -- 
> > > www.jollymoon.com
> > >
> > >
> > > "Jollymoon" wrote:
> > >
> > >> IE8 favorites not working in Win7 after an uninstall of IE8 and then
> > >> re-install. Favorites will not open after installing then removing IE8 
> > >> beta
> > >> in IE... The favorites appear as normal in the toolbar, but none of the 
> > >> links
> > >> work.
> > >>
> > >> Import does not work either from previous IE8 bookmark.htm save..."some
> > >> items not imported correctly" also, did IE8 default reset from TOOLS,
> > >> ADVANCED, RESET and that did not work either.
> > >>
> > >> Import of bookmark.htm into CHROME , FIREFOX and OPERA worked just
> > >> fine...even tried exporting from these browsers and then inporting into 
> > >> IE8,
> > >> no-go...
> > >>
> > >> Why would IE8 Favorites not work?
> > >>
> > >> Thanks for your help.
> > >> -- 
> > >> www.jollymoon.com
> > 
> >  
> > 
0
Utf
2/2/2010 5:39:02 PM
The Problem Now is that my Win7 was a 64 bit installation and/or repair and 
all the favorites work in IE8 Win7 64 bit.

BUT, now the 32bit IE8 (which is required for webpages to display FLASH 
content) will not load the Favorites from IE8 Win 7 64...the titles of the 
favorites are loaded in Win7 64 bit IE8 32bit, but NONE of the links 
work...BIG pain...the browser works if you completely type in the URL 
manually.

Help please....
-- 
www.jollymoon.com


"Jollymoon" wrote:

> Went ahead and did "repair" install of Win7...using all the defaults
> 
> FIXED the problem...all is well.
> 
> -- 
> www.jollymoon.com
> 
> 
> "Jollymoon" wrote:
> 
> > The Idea was: I was trying to fix some minor issues that I thought a reload 
> > of IE8 as a new copy would fix..."pages would not update when refresh button 
> > was clicked" is what started it all...(turned out to be a cookie issue)
> > 
> > The standalones were supposedly "sandboxed".  I suppose when you say "hosed" 
> > you mean a complete reinstall of Win7??  Say it ain't so!!
> > 
> > 
> > -- 
> > www.jollymoon.com
> > 
> > 
> > "Dan" wrote:
> > 
> > > I think you will have to reinstall it. It sounds like you hosed IE 
> > > completely by removing IE8, and also by installing a "standalone" IE7 into 
> > > Windows 7. IE7 is not supported (meaning it does not work and will break 
> > > things) on Windows 7, and removing IE8 from Windows 7 is not supported 
> > > either. What made you think that either of these would be a good idea?
> > > 
> > > Dan
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "Jollymoon" <Jollymoon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message 
> > > news:CC6C919C-CD3C-43CE-8621-A2D07946CF22@microsoft.com...
> > > > sorry...the "beta" was from a cut and paste post  Win7 Ultimate and IE8
> > > > PLEASE don't tell me I have to reinstall WIN7!
> > > > -- 
> > > > www.jollymoon.com
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > "Jollymoon" wrote:
> > > >
> > > >> IE8 favorites not working in Win7 after an uninstall of IE8 and then
> > > >> re-install. Favorites will not open after installing then removing IE8 
> > > >> beta
> > > >> in IE... The favorites appear as normal in the toolbar, but none of the 
> > > >> links
> > > >> work.
> > > >>
> > > >> Import does not work either from previous IE8 bookmark.htm save..."some
> > > >> items not imported correctly" also, did IE8 default reset from TOOLS,
> > > >> ADVANCED, RESET and that did not work either.
> > > >>
> > > >> Import of bookmark.htm into CHROME , FIREFOX and OPERA worked just
> > > >> fine...even tried exporting from these browsers and then inporting into 
> > > >> IE8,
> > > >> no-go...
> > > >>
> > > >> Why would IE8 Favorites not work?
> > > >>
> > > >> Thanks for your help.
> > > >> -- 
> > > >> www.jollymoon.com
> > > 
> > >  
> > > 
0
Utf
2/16/2010 9:39:02 PM

The Problem Now is that my Win7 was a 64 bit installation and/or
repair and
all the favorites work in IE8 Win7 64 bit.

BUT, now the 32bit IE8 (which is required for webpages to display
FLASH
content) will not load the Favorites from IE8 Win 7 64...the titles of
the
favorites are loaded in Win7 64 bit IE8 32bit, but NONE of the links
work...BIG pain...the browser works if you completely type in the URL
manually.

I even tried importing the favorites into FireFox and exporting them
to a safe place on the hard drive and tried to import them to IE8 32
bit on my Win 7 64 bit machine.  Work in FireFox but the favorites
import to IE8 32 NO GO..."some items were not imported successfully"

Help please....
0
partoned
2/17/2010 1:21:59 AM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

How to display what line # you are working on in WORD newest vs.
My previous version of Word showed what line # you were working on (lower left corner by word count/page #). Is this feature avaiable on new word version or is there someway to find out "what line I'm working on??". THANKS Right-click a blank area of the status bar (the bottom of the Word window) and click "Line number" to turn it on. Also look at the other items on that menu that can be displayed. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so ...

IE8 Developer
Will there be any updates (more features) with the IE8 Developer tool coming soon? Firebug just released their updates and some of their newer features are very handy (i.e. the new Quick Info) using FireFox. --MJ ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pan...

Autoarchive not working #3
I am using OL2003 SP2 on WinXP Pro/SP2 on my office desktop. I have set multiple folders for autoarchive and I had autoarchive working correctly for months. But then it has just stopped working. The tech support staff at work came back saying autoarchive stops working if the mailbox size increases beyond a certain size. I cleaned up the mailbox and found that manual archiving works. But archiving using autoarchive settings does not work. I also read about the modified date issue in OL. But all my modified dates and received dates are the same and old enough for the mails to be archived. So n...

how do I set up outlook to work with my hotmail account
I recently installed outlook on my desktop pc because it came with my hp pocket pc, however after the setup was over I tried to get my hotmail thru outlook and also send email from outlook and it gave me errors... what do I need to do? Outlook no longer supports new Hotmail/MSN accounts unless you are a paid subscriber. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, southern kustomz asked:...

rst.findfirst not working with two conditions
i have a table with two date fields and i opened a dao recordset (based on a query) on it .Now i want to search whether a particular date group falls between these dates and the rate for that period.Dates in UK style. FromDate ToDate Rate 01/01/2009 31/03/2009 7570 01/05/2009 30/11/2009 7770 01/12/2009 31/12/2009 7970 //variables declared here //SQL is defined here to limit it the recordset Set rst = currentdb.OpenRecordset(strSQL, dbOpenDynaset) MyFromDAte = 01/06/2009 MyToDate = 31/10/2009 rst.Findfirst "[FromDate] &...

Once you install MSOffice for Mac how do you uninstall programs separately?
I have installed MSOffice Mac 2004 on my Mac and now I want to take Entourage off. How do I do this. I just recently switched to Mac and am used to the add remove programs section on a pc. The uninstaller with Office looks like it uninstalls the whole version of MSOffice. Quite honestly, your best bet is to just leave it as it is. If you don't intend to use it, just ignore the fact that it is there - it won't hurt anything. However, other parts of Office rely on Entourage components, so removing it could cause other problems. Even if you could remove it with no side effects you w...

Countif links not working
I have multiple workbooks with multiple sheets (don't ask...) Anyway, I have a paycheck calculator that does all the math for OT/DT etc. that works great. However, if the tech is on call, he marks a X in the On Call box which in turn makes another workbook cell say Yes. In my third paycheck workbook I'm using a Countif "yes" to total the number of days the tech was on call and then multiply that by the on call pay. This is the only link that doesn't work and I recall reading that countif doesn't work if the source isn't open (which is generally the case). Any ...

But hyphenation DOES work!
I'm running Word from Office 2007 (with that darned 'Ribbon'!), but in the Compatibility Mode with a document created in much-more-friendly Word 2003. Within a few seconds after my document loads, I get a message saying that the auto-hyphenation feature isn't resident, and that I should run the installation program again. Well, it IS working just fine, thank you, automatically hyphenating my .doc as I work. Is this a concern or just a bug? This might be a sign that *part* of the text is formatted in a language that hasn't been installed. Select the whole ...

Excel spreadsheet opening in IE8 instead of Excel 2003
I have an excel spreadsheet on the network but opened through Sharepoint Small Business Server 2003. All the PCs on the network correctly open the XLS file in Excel 2003 except for this one particular PC that insists on opening it in IE8. This has happened before but after a few days solved itself - so we never got to the bottom of it. I have confirmed that XLS files are associated with Excel but it is still happening Anybody any thoughts. Thanks BJ I've never used any version of SharePoint, but this is what I'd try. (I use WinXP, so it may be different for the...

Search doesn't work
Hi, I have a question to those of you who had the below problem and managed to solve it. I am not asking for theoretical solutions. I am asking for practical solutions only which you successfully used. I installed the MS Windows XP Home SP2 on a new disk. After the installation some applications were installed. Then I realised that the Search doesn't work. I get the following error: "A file that is required to run Search Companion cannot be found. You may need to run setup". I would be very grateful if you could help me. Regards Ewa On Sat, 12 Jun 2010 11...

running Flash using IE8 on x64 system
I'm about to do a clean install of my system (Dell Precision T5400 64-bit system with 2 300GB drives setup in a RAID 1 mirror and 8GB of memory). I will running XP Pro x64 Edition with Service Pack 2. By default, IE6 or IE7 will be installed after I finish re-installing my system. I am going to immediately get all the windows updates, which will install IE8 on my system. Does the windows update install both the x32 (Program Files x86 directory) and x64 (Program Files directory) version of IE8? If that is correct, then I can just create a shortcut to IE8 in the Program...

text to speech stopped working in excel
Text to speech in Excel stopped working. Have Sapi 4 Have lhsp Have TTS3000 Get message when opening speech propetries that "The requested task cannot be carried out because the necessary engine could not be created. Please select a different engine and/or a differnt audio device" however there is only one engine listed in speech properties - "Microsft English ASR Version 5 Engine"????? The information in the following MSKB article may help: FIX: Speech engines do not work and you receive an error message when you open Speech Control Panel http://support.microsoft....

How do I get folders to stay in the favorite folders in outlook?
When I right click on a folder and click on Add to Favorite Folder the folder gets copied to the Favorite Folders section of the Outlook Mail display. However everytime I close Outlook and reopen it, the folders I added are gone. Any ideas how I can make them stay there? Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide. ...

Some fonts that appear in Word not working in Publisher
I'm using Publisher 2002 on WinXP. Trying to insert a symbol from ITC Zapf Dingbats - it works fine in Word, but appears as the section mark in Times New Roman in Publisher. It appears the character code for the two symbols is the same and Times New Roman dominates. Any idea how I can change this? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/publisher/200602/1 Are you using Insert, symbol? If you have Zapf selected in the publication screen, the hex numbers will work. For example the section mark in Times is alt+0164, this is true in Unicode and other ...

Working on connection problem for hours!
windows mail vista ultimate cox webmail only, so not use the internet service quest is internet service at the house i live can not send or receive mail here are the errors... The connection to the server has failed. Subject '5', Account: 'kah', Server: 'smtp.west.cox.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Account: 'kah', Server: 'pop.west.cox.net', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR An authentication mechanism MUST be entered', Port: 995, Secure(SSL): Yes, Server Erro...

IE8 or IE8 provided by Yahoo?
I have ATT DSL and have been using IE8 since it was available. Recently I had to uninstall/reinstall it and SP3 for a problem and when I reinstalled Explorer I used "IE8 provided by Yahoo" After making my default browser IE I noticed that it is still provided by Yahoo. I think it is a little less stable, or slower maybe, but I don't want to remove it and install IE8 just on a whim. It was not fun. Does anyone know what the diffierence in their operations are, and what difference it will make? Thanks. Dell Dimension 8400 32 bit Win XP NIS 2010 -- Randu ...

IE8 32 bit and IE8 64 bit
I have an HP Notebook with Windows Vista x64. There are two paths to Internet Explorer: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer [Internet Explorer (32 bit)] C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer [Internet Explorer (64-bit)] Recently, I noticed that some web functions no longer work, e.g. I cannot use the HP Support Chat program. This is a program that requires an Active X installation in order to open a window that allows chat with Hewlett-Packard support staff. HP also provides a program on their website that "Auto detects" the computer model, specs, etc. ...

Working with Sets
Are there any pre-defined workbook functions that deal with sets? For example, finding if a particular value/token is member of a set (array or selection), what values are present in the intersection or union of multiple sets, etc. These things can be done with the Find and Match functions together with logical operators, but it messy. TIA. -- Jay. (remove dashes for legal email address) ...

Conditional Formatting Not Working Consistently
One of our Excel users is applying conditional formatting on cells within a worksheet that are linked to other worksheets in the same file and he is getting inconsistent results i.e., sometimes it applies the formatting and other times it won't. He seems to have the problem primarily when he selects a range within a column and then applies the conditional formatting. The conditional formatting statement applied to cell C5 is: Formula is =$B$5-$C$5=0 then format as red and bold. He is concerned about the ability to rely on this feature working properly. Since he is our Accounting Man...

Cannot Run IE8
I received this error message when trying to run this application: "This system does not support your systems architecture (32/64bits)" How can I fix this? Thanks State your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) and your current IE version. -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002 Ken wrote: > I received this error message when trying to run this application: > > "This system does not support your systems architecture (32/64bits)" > ...

DEP and IE8 under XP
After a hardware upgrade (to an Athlon II x2 Regcor 245 chip and new motherboard), I'm struggling with a DEP-related problem. Running XP SP3 and IE8. The new chip is hardware DEP capable; the old one wasn't. The DEP is set to "protect critical programs," if I recall the wording correctly, not to protect all programs. Although the latter setting is supposedly the default, the "critical programs" setting showed the radio button when I looked at the DEP settings the first time. There is only one problem I've found (...my wife has found -- it's h...

IE8 -can IE8 open new tab when click on hyperlink
Is there a way to force IE8 to open a new tab when I click on a hyperlink. If you do that in the present state, IE8 opens the new page on the same page you are reading. Then you have to click on the go-back button. In order to get a new tab I click control-hyperlink. I want to skip the control step. Thank you. Roxy Roxy wrote: > Is there a way to force IE8 to open a new tab when I click on a hyperlink. If > you do that in the present state, IE8 opens the new page on the same page you > are reading. Then you have to click on the go-back button. > > In o...

Outlook 2003 and Exchange Rules dont' work not auto firing
I have had the strangest problem with Outlook lately. We have a Box here that had the same rules it has now and worked at one time. All of the sudden it just decided to stop working. The rules don't automatically fire when outlook hits off, and they don't seem to fire when a new message comes in either. Here's what I've tried: -Re-created the rules -Wiped out the entire office installation and re-installed -added stops to each of the rules -made the rule client-side only -turned server-side cacheing on and then off and then on again -Tried to tell send-recieve to run the rules...

Viewing favorites folder from navigation pane?
I am not able to see my favorites folder from my navigation pane? Any help? Inasmuch as navigation panes exist in more than one software application(Outlook, for example), and inasmuch as the concept of a navigation pane only appeared in the most recent version of Access, would it be correct to assume that you are looking for your favorites folder in Access 2007? I'm not sure you'll find one there.... If not, posting your question in a newsgroup dedicated to the particular application for which you need an answer might be more productive. "Favorite Folder" <Favo...

If statement works here, case doesn't
The code below uses a Sheet_Change event to allow or not allow other changes to the sheet. It applies to some sheets in the workbook, but not to others. The Select Case statement determines which is which and bypasses the process of looking up a password for the appropriate sheets. I tried to write a case statement to circumvent the process for all sheets with the word "Monthly" in their title, but couldn't make it work. I finally put the entire Case loop inside a If statement and it works fine. ' PUBLIC VARIABLES FOR THIS MODULE ARE DECLARED IN MODPASSW...