IE8 Developer

Will there be any updates (more features) with the IE8 Developer tool coming
soon?  Firebug just released their updates and some of their newer features
are very handy (i.e. the new Quick Info) using FireFox.
--MJ

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?mid=fda39a7d-5a9f-4435-8ba5-fbf670611e77&dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

mxj wrote:

> Will there be any updates (more features) with the IE8 Developer tool coming
> soon?  Firebug just released their updates and some of their newer features
> are very handy (i.e. the new Quick Info) using FireFox.
> --MJ
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?mid=fda39a7d-5a9f-4435-8ba5-fbf670611e77&dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

Suggestions are not questions.
0
VanguardLH
2/26/2010 10:07:33 PM
The Firebug developers are looking at upgrading their Tool for IE (there is
a wiki on SourceForge). Currently you can use the Firebug lite version with
IE. If you are a web developer then you should already be using both FX and
IE and maybe on of the other 'popular' browsers.

There are no validators for the validators, so unless you have not already
realized it, you should not rely only on the one tool in your kit.
FBL has the xmlhttp watch.. a handy tool the developer tool does not
currently have.

Regards.

"mxj" <mxj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Will there be any updates (more features) with the IE8 Developer tool
> coming
> soon?  Firebug just released their updates and some of their newer
> features
> are very handy (i.e. the new Quick Info) using FireFox.
> --MJ
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?mid=fda39a7d-5a9f-4435-8ba5-fbf670611e77&dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

0
rob
2/26/2010 10:26:58 PM
Oh, there is a 'copy as html' context menu addon, that is perfect for
capturing xmlhttp responses.

Regards.

> The Firebug developers are looking at upgrading their Tool for IE (there
> is a wiki on SourceForge). Currently you can use the Firebug lite version
> with IE. If you are a web developer then you should already be using both
> FX and IE and maybe on of the other 'popular' browsers.
>
> There are no validators for the validators, so unless you have not already
> realized it, you should not rely only on the one tool in your kit.
> FBL has the xmlhttp watch.. a handy tool the developer tool does not
> currently have.
>
> Regards.
>
> "mxj" <mxj@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Will there be any updates (more features) with the IE8 Developer tool
>> coming
>> soon?  Firebug just released their updates and some of their newer
>> features
>> are very handy (i.e. the new Quick Info) using FireFox.
>> --MJ
>>
>> ----------------
>> "I
>> this
>> then
>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?mid=fda39a7d-5a9f-4435-8ba5-fbf670611e77&dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

0
rob

IE8 Developer
Will there be any updates (more features) with the IE8 Developer tool coming soon? Firebug just released their updates and some of their newer features are very handy (i.e. the new Quick Info) using FireFox. --MJ ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pan...

Need product key for Office XP Developer
Please take pity on the absent minded. Back in the heyday of Office XP, I never had the need to set up the developer tools for it. I was a subscriber to MSDN Universal so have all of the DVDs. I just never jumped through their hoops of going on the MSDN site to lookup the product and get the key. I didn't need it then. Now it's out of support and the keys for obsolete products are no longer available from MS. My email address is readily decodable. I'll be most grateful. Thanks -- -Larry- -- To anyone who may have been digging in their archives on my behalf; Thanks, but ...

running Flash using IE8 on x64 system
I'm about to do a clean install of my system (Dell Precision T5400 64-bit system with 2 300GB drives setup in a RAID 1 mirror and 8GB of memory). I will running XP Pro x64 Edition with Service Pack 2. By default, IE6 or IE7 will be installed after I finish re-installing my system. I am going to immediately get all the windows updates, which will install IE8 on my system. Does the windows update install both the x32 (Program Files x86 directory) and x64 (Program Files directory) version of IE8? If that is correct, then I can just create a shortcut to IE8 in the Program...

Excel spreadsheet opening in IE8 instead of Excel 2003
I have an excel spreadsheet on the network but opened through Sharepoint Small Business Server 2003. All the PCs on the network correctly open the XLS file in Excel 2003 except for this one particular PC that insists on opening it in IE8. This has happened before but after a few days solved itself - so we never got to the bottom of it. I have confirmed that XLS files are associated with Excel but it is still happening Anybody any thoughts. Thanks BJ I've never used any version of SharePoint, but this is what I'd try. (I use WinXP, so it may be different for the...

IE8 or IE8 provided by Yahoo?
I have ATT DSL and have been using IE8 since it was available. Recently I had to uninstall/reinstall it and SP3 for a problem and when I reinstalled Explorer I used "IE8 provided by Yahoo" After making my default browser IE I noticed that it is still provided by Yahoo. I think it is a little less stable, or slower maybe, but I don't want to remove it and install IE8 just on a whim. It was not fun. Does anyone know what the diffierence in their operations are, and what difference it will make? Thanks. Dell Dimension 8400 32 bit Win XP NIS 2010 -- Randu ...

IE8 32 bit and IE8 64 bit
I have an HP Notebook with Windows Vista x64. There are two paths to Internet Explorer: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer [Internet Explorer (32 bit)] C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer [Internet Explorer (64-bit)] Recently, I noticed that some web functions no longer work, e.g. I cannot use the HP Support Chat program. This is a program that requires an Active X installation in order to open a window that allows chat with Hewlett-Packard support staff. HP also provides a program on their website that "Auto detects" the computer model, specs, etc. ...

Developing custom chart add-in
I want to develop custom chart add-ins for Excel. Where can I find some developer documentation ? Thanks, Ram Developer documentation, eh? How about local bookstore, library, msdn.microsoft.com? And, of course, don't forget to search google.com. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <OILyo#DgFHA.3936@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>, rawdata@nospam.com says... > I want to develop custom chart add-ins for Excel. Where can I find some > developer documentation ? > > ...

Cannot Run IE8
I received this error message when trying to run this application: "This system does not support your systems architecture (32/64bits)" How can I fix this? Thanks State your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) and your current IE version. -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002 Ken wrote: > I received this error message when trying to run this application: > > "This system does not support your systems architecture (32/64bits)" > ...

Static Library : How to share code with other developers ??
Hi , I want to share som classes with other developers working on a big project. I dont want to share the source code, so I'm trying to use a static library. The Problem now, I have to share the *.h files. They are normaly in a directoy wich is not shared. I dont want to copy the *.h files to another lokation. It would be the best to generate one *.lib file, where all my classes i need to share are in. I also dont want to change my classes, because they are used in other projects. Is it possible to use "precompiled headers" ? Can anyone tell me what the easiest way is to share ...

DEP and IE8 under XP
After a hardware upgrade (to an Athlon II x2 Regcor 245 chip and new motherboard), I'm struggling with a DEP-related problem. Running XP SP3 and IE8. The new chip is hardware DEP capable; the old one wasn't. The DEP is set to "protect critical programs," if I recall the wording correctly, not to protect all programs. Although the latter setting is supposedly the default, the "critical programs" setting showed the radio button when I looked at the DEP settings the first time. There is only one problem I've found (...my wife has found -- it's h...

IE8 -can IE8 open new tab when click on hyperlink
Is there a way to force IE8 to open a new tab when I click on a hyperlink. If you do that in the present state, IE8 opens the new page on the same page you are reading. Then you have to click on the go-back button. In order to get a new tab I click control-hyperlink. I want to skip the control step. Thank you. Roxy Roxy wrote: > Is there a way to force IE8 to open a new tab when I click on a hyperlink. If > you do that in the present state, IE8 opens the new page on the same page you > are reading. Then you have to click on the go-back button. > > In o...

IE8
I downloaded IE8 onto my laptop and it worked fine for awhile but now I'm unable to bring up the browser at all, and consequently cannot get online - even though I'm connected. The laptop is a Inspiron XPS Gen 2 running XP Pro and is tapping the net through wireless. I had just recently downloaded SP3 and KBxxxxxx updates. After that I was unable to bring up the expolrer. I thought maybe if I uninstalled and then reinstalled IE8, it might fix it. When I went to uninstall IE8 there wasn't a remove button in the Add/Remove for it. Has anyone run across this kind of...

WIN X Sp2 IE8.0 killed by CPXRSYSGUARD.EXE and or ? Cant get IE8 to access the web
Tonite, I Contracted 39 versions of what SuperAntiSpyware calls: ROGUE.AGENT/GEN in my Registry HKUS\S-1-5-21 (see below) etc (in 39 different file endings) and TROJAN.AGENT/GEN-FakeSpy[Broad] 3 copies 1. in HKUS\S-1-5-21-2952124706-32014773-2762605872-1007Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run(jdfecxfs- C:\Documentsand Settings\Alan\LocalSettings\ApplicationData\ubqllk\cpxrsysguard.exe and The other two in C:\ DocSettings\Alan\LocalSettings\ApplicationData where it again opened a Folder named UBQLLK and inserted 2 copies of CPXRSYSGUARD.EXE It beg...

Problem deleting ie8 history
Hi i am using IE8 on Windows XP. I am having problems deleting history. When i go to Tools > Internet Options > Browsing History > Delete i tick all boxes except Cookies and Passwords and hit Delete. This deletes all my history. When i go to the History tab, it has all gone. When i go to my file system to Local Settings/History it has also gone. Fine so far. However, if i now go to the address box and start typing "www", a whole bunch of History headed and Favourites headed entries appear in the dropdown as suggestions. Favourites i would expect, history i...

excel developer version?
I have heard of this version .I want to purchase it but info of thi product seem to be hard to find. Does someone know which "exce developer version" is the latest and where can i find the cost of th license of this product ? Thanks in advance -- nomi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- nomis's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2634 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39613 ...

IE8 favorites not working in Win7 after an uninstall of IE8
IE8 favorites not working in Win7 after an uninstall of IE8 and then re-install. Favorites will not open after installing then removing IE8 beta in IE... The favorites appear as normal in the toolbar, but none of the links work. Import does not work either from previous IE8 bookmark.htm save..."some items not imported correctly" also, did IE8 default reset from TOOLS, ADVANCED, RESET and that did not work either. Import of bookmark.htm into CHROME , FIREFOX and OPERA worked just fine...even tried exporting from these browsers and then inporting into IE8, no-go... ...

IE8 Title bug
According to Microsoft Connect (https://connect.microsoft.com/IE) I should report a possible bug in this newsgroup. When I want to save a webpage I sometimes get the message "This webpage could not be saved". I discovered that this was caused by the 'title' tag of the html document. It seems that the error message is shown whenever the 'title' tag exceeds 259 characters. I use Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bits and tested IE 8.0.6001.18828 both 32-bits and 64-bits version. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft respon...

OWA development #2
Dear Sirs, I have a web page with the code shown below, I am trying to display items of a public folder called testEFS, I copied this code mainly from the Exchange SDK, but I am still not able to publish this page. Should it be published in a public folder or on the IIS? Since whenever I run the page I receive the custom error "You are not authorized to view this page.". After being able to display the items in that Public Folder I would like to search the through it accoding to specific criteria. ______________________________________________________________________ <html...

Slowness of IE8
My question is this: Why is the Internet Explorer so slow? and Why does my pc freeze everytime the Internet explorer is downloading the page? My computer freezes constantly when I use the Internet Explorer. I have tried several settings on the advanced page but not much seems to make any diference. I have even tried the internet explorer with no add ons and there is no difference. Any suggestions? Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version when posting in an IE-specific...

Installation of IE8 on XP with SP2 hangs
The installion of IE8 hangs during command mrt.exe Version (3.7.3702.0 - May 2010) in Phase 5 of the installation. When I start the Malicious Software Removal Tool manually, the scan hangs scanning an unsuspicious application (stickies.exe). After deleting the application the next scan hangs at %windir%\system32\shell32.dll. I did an offline anti-virus check wih BitDefender and Kapersky software, booting from a special CD-Rom with no malware found. We are using McAfee Enterprise Verion 8.5i for online anti-virus security. I really appreicate any help on our issue Wolfgang ...

I need a sample to develop an ActiveX control that uses a dialog resource
Hello again! I can't believe this is so difficult, but I can't get it to work. Could somebody please send me or point me to a sample of a Visual C++ 6 project in which an ActiveX control is developed whose appearance is controlled by a dialog resource? My latest attempt was to use a modeless dialog box for its appearance. But whenever I call Create() to create the dialog window, I get an assertion failure in winocc.cpp, and then the application I'm developing in crashes. Thank you. RobR, now looking at about a week's worth of lost work because the control developed in VB c...

IE8
Any one running money plus with the new IE8 installed. Any Problems? Saw where some are running it without problems with windows 7, but the browser in it is not the same as the just released one I am told. Jim I installed IE8 RTW on the machine I run M+ Deluxe on this past Friday. So far so good, but I have not comprehensively tested Money. "James Johnson" <jamesone@cableone.net> wrote in message news:2EFE7B46-85B7-401D-BD6E-212CDD50FB5E@microsoft.com... > Any one running money plus with the new IE8 installed. Any Problems? Saw > where some are running it with...

IE8 vs IE8 (64 bit)
On my new Win7 64 bit Home Premium computer, I notice that Start | Programs displays two links for IE. One is simply IE8. The second is IE8 (64 bit) Is it likely I have two versions? Which should I use? Which, if any should I remove? "PT" <inconnu3939@gmail.com> wrote in message news:fe603128-c738-4d76-89c0-4b98de32bcba@k17g2000yqh.googlegroups.com... > On my new Win7 64 bit Home Premium computer, I notice that Start | > Programs displays two links for IE. One is simply IE8. The second is > IE8 (64 bit) > > Is it likely I have two versions?...

OT - Dynamic Menu C# VSTO 2010
I have base code (not sure it is workable) but should be for dynamic menu in Word. Thank you for any interest. Janine ...

IE7 & IE8 in Windows Directory
On Windows XP Professional with SP3 and all the updates maintained current as they have been published and offered by Microsoft Update procedures : I have these folders in the C:\Windows directory... ie7 ; ie7 updates ; ie8 ; and ie8 updates. The ie7 folder is kind of small, at about 25 MV, but the ie7 updates folder is at about 290 MB. Since I am intending to stay with IE8, because of security reasons, among other considerations, may I simply omit the ie7 and ie7 updates folders? I would copy them to another data medium for storage for a while - but I would appreciate any ...