IE8 Crash

Website -
http://apps.rhs.org.uk/rhsplantfinder/plantlist.asp?code=LRHS+&name=Wisley+Plant+Centre+%28RHS%29&id=1278
causes IE8 running on Win XP home to hang and use 100% of processor, while
Firefox will access address - is this a problem with the website or IE8?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?mid=957feebb-be3f-4a97-afde-fb3dda7b2284&dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

"CorgiDudoch" <CorgiDudoch@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Website -
> http://apps.rhs.org.uk/rhsplantfinder/plantlist.asp?code=LRHS+&name=Wisley+Plant+Centre+%28RHS%29&id=1278
> causes IE8 running on Win XP home to hang and use 100% of processor, while
> Firefox will access address - is this a problem with the website or IE8?

It opened for me, but it took a long time with 100% of processor.

I am also using IE8 with Win XP Home SP3 and a HOST file as an ad blocker
and McAfee Security Center.

0
Michael

Reminders cause Outlook 2003 to crash
I have a user that had this start this week. For now I have turned off reminders. I have tried /cleanreminders and have tried shutting off the chime based on a post I saw on the web. They are running Vista. Any other ideas? ...

Outlook 2002, msvcrt.dll crash
I have a user whose Outlook crashes shortly after it is opened, with the error: "Faulting application outlook.exe, version 10.0.6626.0, faulting module msvcrt.dll, version 7.0.2600.1106, fault address 0x0003381c." I've tried Office repair, uninstalling/reinstalling Office, and all service packs are up to date. This error started yesterday after the user says he upgraded to Media Player 10, but it still occured after I went to the previous restore point. msvcrt is the MS C++ runtime DLL.The version that is on his/her machine may now be incompatible with the version needed f...

Outlook 2003 Crashes 04-01-10
Starting a couple weeks ago, my Outlook started having issues. It began with not having the predictive email popup when composing a message but has gotten worse. Anytime I send an email I get the following error: Microsoft Office Outlook has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. The details are: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.8312.0 AppStamp:4a403990 ModName: outllib.dll ModVer: 11.0.8313.0 ModStamp:4a793cc5 fDebug: 0 Offset: 001589db I have not tried creating a new profile for fear of losing all the emai...

Access 2000 DB
I need some help... I have several Microsoft Access 2000 databases that after upgrading to Office 2002 they crash. What happens is when you open the database, after several seconds Microsoft Office 2002 crashes with a general "Microsoft Access has encountered a problem and needs to close." I haven't found any solution for this yet. I've tried running Office in safemode, no luck. These are databases that I've used for the last 3-4 years under 2000 and never had a problem until upgrading to 2002. It's really weird, some of my databases converted over, so...

My PC (especially IE8) has slowed to a snails pace
Updates KB976662,979306,979264,975929,979099 made a cheetah into a tired snail After a normal automatic update my PC now timesout regularly in IE8 -- To see a world in a grain of sand... Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Has a(another) ...

IE8 Crashes on Sites That Use Flash
I keep getting a message from IE that says it's closing IE to protect my computer, and it only happens on sites that use Flash. When I try to download the Adobe Flash Player (which I thought I already had), that's when IE decides not to display the web page supposedly because of a malfunctioning or malicious add-on. Can anyone help? -- Thanks. See the Flash troubleshooting page: http://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/ Frank "communiverse" <communiverse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A01573ED-D605-42A3-AC9D-C574A9126C1B@micros...

Excel Crashes when trying to open a User Form
When I open the workbook and click on the worksheet to open the user form excels stops working. I get Microsoft Office Excel has stopped working and is trying find a solution, but it never does. I have saved it in both 2007 & 2003 versions and both get the same problem. What is odd is if you open the Userform Workbook, then open the VBA code window, both userform versions run fine, but if you do not open the Code window Excel locks up everytime. Here is the code. Sheet 2 Code: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) UserForm1.Show End Sub ...

IE8 not executing and uninstallable
I downloaded IE8 onto my laptop and it worked fine for awhile but now I'm unable to bring up the browser at all, and consequently cannot get online - even though I'm connected. The laptop is a Inspiron XPS Gen 2 running XP Pro and is tapping the net through wireless. I had just recently downloaded SP3 and KBxxxxxx updates. After that I was unable to bring up the expolrer. I thought maybe if I uninstalled and then reinstalled IE8, it might fix it. When I went to uninstall IE8 there wasn't a remove button in the Add/Remove for it. Has anyone run across this kind of...

Crash: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
This is the error message I get immediatley below a bunch of numbers on a blue screen as Outlook 2000/Win 2000 takes my machine down. First it says, Outlook has experienced errors and must shut down, an error log has been created. Where would that be? Any help appreciated. thx, tj ...

async http handler crashes occasionally on iis7
I have an asynchronous http handler that crashes on iis7 (on w2k8 x64 or w7 x64) -- I didn't see this behaviour on iis6 (w2k3 x86) where it was running for around 2 years. It's reasonably reproducible under load. Basically the handler is just calling BeginRead() on a file, then BeginWrite() on HttpResponse.OutputStream, then when finished it calls the callback passed to BeginProcessRequest. On the odd occasion this callback throws a NullReferenceException, with the backtrace listed below. I've logged everything it does to a StringBuilder to check what it's doing, ...

How to set default zoom scale for IE8?
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to set default zoom scale for IE8? I am using XP with SP3, the default zoom scale is 100%, and I would like to change it into 135% as default. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do it? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric Click the "Change zoom level" arrow at the bottom right corner in IE8, click "Custom" and set it to 135%. Click Tools, Internet Options, Advanced. Uncheck "Reset zoom level for new windows and tabs". Click OK. -- Regards, Ramesh Srinivasan, Microsoft MVP [Windows Desktop ...

self signed certificate with IE8/windows 7
Hello everyone, best wishes for 2010. I am trying to install a certificate so that I don't get the "There is a problem with this website's security certificate." message each time. it is the firewall's certificate (not ISA). No matter which store I install the certificate to, doesn't seem to install it. looking at the store after installation the certificate doesn't even exist. Is this a problem with Ie8? Thanks in advance Here is how I got it to work: 1) Go to the website in question, http://xxx.yyy.com, for instance, 2) Click through until yo...

IE8 on a 32-bit operating system and a 64-bit operating system
Hello, I am writing a web site and am interested to know if there are any differences between IE8 on a 32-bit operating system and IE8 on a 64-bit operating system? thank you for your feedback Paul http://support.microsoft.com/search/default.aspx?query=Differences+between+the+32-bit+and+64-bit+versions+of+Internet+Explorer+&catalog=LCID%3D1033&mode=r --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est zurichowl wrote: > Hello, > > I am writing a web site and am interested to know if there are any > differences between IE8 on a 32-bit operating system and IE8 on a 6...

WIN 7 and IE8
Hi, I have Windows 7 / 64. The computer came with Internet Explorer 8. All the previous Internet Explorer that I have had, when you are viewing and reading a page, you could go to File-- Send- and had the choice Send it by E-Mail or Send Link by e-mail. With Internet Explorer 8, if you go File-Send- the choices to Send Page by E-mail and Link by E-mail are grayed out. The only choice you have is to send Shortcut to the Desktop. My question is: how can I activate the 2 grayed out choices, so that I can send the page by e-mail? Thanks for any info. Doc Win 7 does not come ...

Group Policy & IE8
Hi All, Having a major main with a group policy setting for IE. The user has ticked, under connections, lan settings, Automatically Detect settings. We have this turned off under preference mode in group policy, yet it still seems to be applied. How can I force this off? Thanks On Thu, 1 Apr 2010 12:04:57 +1300, "Gorge Lucas" <nope@nope.com> wrote: >Hi All, > >Having a major main with a group policy setting for IE. The user has ticked, >under connections, lan settings, Automatically Detect settings. We have this >turned off under pref...

Microsoft outlook crash
Why do I get a "user.exe" and "user32.dll" error when I try to open my contancts on Microsoft Outlook 2002? ...

Back-off crash -
Thanks to Jeff I 'am back and running. I just have one more question - I had made several custom label design can I copy does from my system backup or where would they be located. If you did a standard installation to c drive: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Retail Management System\Store Operations\Labels Otherwise in your install directory under \Microsoft Retail Management System\Store Operations\Labels Marc "Dan-902" <alias@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:OkUnvTrOKHA.1876@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Thanks to Jeff > > I 'am back and r...

WINXP IE8 Crashing
Winxpie8 WINXPHome32BIt ver2002 SP3 (AMD XP300+ 2.17Gb Ram2Gbs 2Xhd both 75Gbs) VID ATI Radeon 9600/9550/X1050 series Hi are any of you getting this sort of problem? Since upgrading from ie7 to ie8 roughly 6mths ago I find slowly at first but gradually becoming more and more frequently while I am using IE8 it crashes. Most times it will recover but occasionally it wil BSD and reboot. I send the reports as requested by the MS system but do not restore from any earlier points as I believe the IE8 is itself the problem. I had hoped over time MS would eventually come out with a ho...

ESA Crashes during mailbox cleanup operation
We have an exchange 2003 enterprise server, and lately it's been exhibiting some strange behavior - when we try and run the mailbox cleanup process (which is just set to purge any items older than 30 days in the deleted items folder for all users) the Exchange Service Agent terminates (and gets restarted). Here's the log entry for that part: The Microsoft Exchange System Attendant service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s). The following corrective action will be taken in 0 milliseconds: Restart the service. We've upped the logging on the ESA to maximum,...

my laptop keeps crashing!!!!
like more than once a doy my laptop crashes and i have no clue why i have tried everything if someone could help me it would be awesome! the screen turns blue and all this stuff comes up and i dont no why! help! Make a note of what the "blue screen" says, as it will give you a lcue as to what is happening. Most likely is it a hardware/driver issue that is causing it. If this computer is still under warranty, you may want to get is checked out at your nearest authorised repairer. You may also want to go to the website of the laptops manufacturer and download and insta...

Outlook 2003 Crash without IE7
Hello All, I am having a similar problem to some posts here, but mine is slightly different. I have IE7 installed on a computer that is receiving messages from a guy in Venezuela in Outlook 2003. On this computer, I can respond with no problem. On another computer we have, IE6 is installed. The person with IE6 tries to open the same message from the same person in Venezuela, and it causes their Outlook (2003) to crash. I have isolated that it is upgrading to IE7 that solves the problem, but the user wants to stay with IE6. Is there any known difference between IE6 and IE7 that would cau...

client-server work locally but client crashes if launched elsewhere.
Hi. I developed an application for video-conferencing using Visual Studio 2005, Windows XP, SP2. I have a static ip and hardcoded it both on server and client. The client should connect to my machine and get video data, which is very large because I didn't use lossy compression (2MB/15 sec), afterwards it displays it. Everything works fine if I launch both server and client on my computer. But when client is started elsewhere most times it crashes suddenly, but 2 times it worked for about one second... I use winsock TCP for transmiting data. Have you ever heard of such problems? Should I p...

Converting a Word Perfect Document Causes Word 2000 to Crash
This problem persists even after I went to the Office web site and installed the recommended updates. I'd appreciate any suggestions. ...

IE8 with W7
Brand new laptop (HP) with W7. When I open IE8 I get the following small IE -Search Provider Default" window with the message: "A program on your computer has corrupted your D S P . . . . IE has reset to Bing . . . IE will now open Search Settings where you can change . . . . ". When the change window pops up, it shows that Bing is the default but is disabled. Google shows enabled but I cannot make it default. Please help. Thx. Hi Olga, On the Google Toolbar options you will see settings to Prevent changes to your Default Search Provider. Switch this setting...

XL2007 on XP hangs/crashes when date cells are selected
Hi there Since 2-3 weeks I'm having a very annoying problem with XL2007 on XP. It keeps hanging (the app stops responding) when I select certain cells in certain documents. I tried switching off all macros, all formulas, error-control, all add-ins, but to no avail. I re-installed Office, but it didn't solve anything. I realized today that it occurs all the time I try to select a cell containing a date (formatted as date). Did someone encounter the same problem? Do you have an idea what might be wrong? I'm not a Windows expert, I usually use mac, but at work we use WinXP, ...