IE8 and Firefox can't load pages without refresh

I've got two XP desktop computers and one Vista laptop computer connected to
a Linksys router and then to Comcast internet through a cable modem.   In
the last few weeks the two XP computers have had difficulty loading web
pages and often require several refreshes before a page is loaded.  The
problem is erratic and sometimes the pages load just fine.  The problem
seems to be independent of which browser is used and happens with both
Firefox and IE8.

On the other hand, Outlook 2003 works with no problems at all on both XP
computers and other programs like Google Earth work normally.  The laptop
seems to work with no problems.  I've changed the router and today exchanged
the modem but the problem persists.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0
Bob

"Bob L" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I've got two XP desktop computers and one Vista laptop computer connected
> a Linksys router and then to Comcast internet through a cable modem.   In
> the last few weeks the two XP computers have had difficulty loading web
> pages and often require several refreshes before a page is loaded.  The
> problem is erratic and sometimes the pages load just fine.  The problem
> seems to be independent of which browser is used and happens with both
> Firefox and IE8.
>
> On the other hand, Outlook 2003 works with no problems at all on both XP
> computers and other programs like Google Earth work normally.  The laptop
> seems to work with no problems.  I've changed the router and today
> exchanged
> the modem but the problem persists.
>

> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried clearing the TIF?   You could also try clearing the dnscache
(e.g. using  ipconfig /flushdns) and then priming it for IE with the reverse
lookups that a ping -n 1 would do.   Note that in the case of a host alias
you have to ping the canonical name to get the A-record cached too.   Works
for me when things get slow and then eventually return to normal.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---

0
Robert
3/5/2010 1:31:26 PM
"Bob L" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> I've got two XP desktop computers and one Vista laptop computer connected
> a Linksys router and then to Comcast internet through a cable modem.   In
> the last few weeks the two XP computers have had difficulty loading web
> pages and often require several refreshes before a page is loaded.  The
> problem is erratic and sometimes the pages load just fine.  The problem
> seems to be independent of which browser is used and happens with both
> Firefox and IE8.
>
> On the other hand, Outlook 2003 works with no problems at all on both XP
> computers and other programs like Google Earth work normally.  The laptop
> seems to work with no problems.  I've changed the router and today
> exchanged
> the modem but the problem persists.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I would suspect a DNS issue, but you've given very little to go on. Given
that it happens with Firefox as well as IE it's obviously not an IE problem,
you'd be better off posting in a windows networking group.

--
Dan

0
Dan

IE8 Developer
Will there be any updates (more features) with the IE8 Developer tool coming soon? Firebug just released their updates and some of their newer features are very handy (i.e. the new Quick Info) using FireFox. --MJ ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pan...

OWA as default web page
I have a front end server I'm using for OWA. I would like to configure IIS to default to the login prompt when the user hits the web server, without having to type "/exchange". For example: https://webserver.domain instead of https://webserver.domain/exchange Is there a way to configure this? Thanks The article below describes how to redirect the Default Web page to point to the Exchange virtual directory. 319878 XWEB: How to Make Outlook Web Access the Default Web Site http://support.microsoft.com/?id=319878 >-----Original Message----- >I have a front end server...

Outlook 2K3 OST / Without Cached Exchange Mode
I've upgraded our Office 2003 administrative install point with Office SP 2 and now I'm starting to notice a little something different with Outlook. I noticed that the "Perform an Automatic Send and Recieve when exiting" option is checked in the send-recieve settings. This causes the "Outlook Send/Recieve Progress" box to pop up whenever a user exits Outlook The "Outlook Send/Recieve Progress" box will not disappear until the users entire mailbox is cached to the newly created ost file. By default I have cached exchange mode turned off on the local mac...

Accessing Excel pages using VB
Hi. I'm wondering if any of you can help me with a problem I'm having. It's likely a trivial answer, but I'm not seeing it at the moment. I'm using VB 6.0 and Excel 2002. I have an Excel workbook that has information about days of the month -- each day having an individual spreadsheet 'Day (1)', 'Day (2)', etc. as tabs along the bottom of the workbook. I want to be able to access information from individual "days" using a VB application and do some processing and then printing of the data in VB. First of all, when addressing data on spre...

Excel spreadsheet opening in IE8 instead of Excel 2003
I have an excel spreadsheet on the network but opened through Sharepoint Small Business Server 2003. All the PCs on the network correctly open the XLS file in Excel 2003 except for this one particular PC that insists on opening it in IE8. This has happened before but after a few days solved itself - so we never got to the bottom of it. I have confirmed that XLS files are associated with Excel but it is still happening Anybody any thoughts. Thanks BJ I've never used any version of SharePoint, but this is what I'd try. (I use WinXP, so it may be different for the...

running Flash using IE8 on x64 system
I'm about to do a clean install of my system (Dell Precision T5400 64-bit system with 2 300GB drives setup in a RAID 1 mirror and 8GB of memory). I will running XP Pro x64 Edition with Service Pack 2. By default, IE6 or IE7 will be installed after I finish re-installing my system. I am going to immediately get all the windows updates, which will install IE8 on my system. Does the windows update install both the x32 (Program Files x86 directory) and x64 (Program Files directory) version of IE8? If that is correct, then I can just create a shortcut to IE8 in the Program...

Sending web page through Outlook
I would like to be able to send selected pages from our intranet, instead of sending the link...users like it visually much better. How do I send the active version of the page so that it looks just the same and all the images and links work just as if you are on the page itself. Thanks all! File | Send | Page by E-mail. The user's default mail format must be HTML. It won't work if the page is too complex. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jump...

IE8 or IE8 provided by Yahoo?
I have ATT DSL and have been using IE8 since it was available. Recently I had to uninstall/reinstall it and SP3 for a problem and when I reinstalled Explorer I used "IE8 provided by Yahoo" After making my default browser IE I noticed that it is still provided by Yahoo. I think it is a little less stable, or slower maybe, but I don't want to remove it and install IE8 just on a whim. It was not fun. Does anyone know what the diffierence in their operations are, and what difference it will make? Thanks. Dell Dimension 8400 32 bit Win XP NIS 2010 -- Randu ...

How can I see more pages of inbox emails?
I can only view one page of emails. How can this be modified? Thank you. Are you using Outlook Web Access or the full client? The full client doesn't 'page' the items in an Inbox, you just scroll down. "SueW" <SueW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B8044C93-A812-4ADF-AEBE-046C1CCE3598@microsoft.com... >I can only view one page of emails. How can this be modified? Thank you. ...

IE8 32 bit and IE8 64 bit
I have an HP Notebook with Windows Vista x64. There are two paths to Internet Explorer: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer [Internet Explorer (32 bit)] C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer [Internet Explorer (64-bit)] Recently, I noticed that some web functions no longer work, e.g. I cannot use the HP Support Chat program. This is a program that requires an Active X installation in order to open a window that allows chat with Hewlett-Packard support staff. HP also provides a program on their website that "Auto detects" the computer model, specs, etc. ...

how do i enter a date quickly without using slashes or dashes?
i want to enter a date by only using number keys but i want the outcome to have the slashes in it i.e. 060204 --> 06/02/04. just like if you enter a currency like 602.04 it comes out like $602.04 and you don't have to add the $ because of how the cell is formatted. Date And Time Entry http://www.cpearson.com/excel/DateTimeEntry.htm -- --- HTH, David McRitchie, Microsoft MVP - Excel [site changed Nov. 2001] My Excel Pages: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/excel.htm Search Page: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/search.htm "vodoris" <vodoris@discu...

Form
I have a continuous FORM with 16 categories and numerous result rows corresponding to each category. I would like to page break the FORM so that the data shows separately by category. How do I accomplish that. Thanks. ...

Cannot Run IE8
I received this error message when trying to run this application: "This system does not support your systems architecture (32/64bits)" How can I fix this? Thanks State your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) and your current IE version. -- ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear) MS MVP-IE, Mail, Security, Windows Client - since 2002 Ken wrote: > I received this error message when trying to run this application: > > "This system does not support your systems architecture (32/64bits)" > ...

From Web page to Word
Hi, sorry for my english. I have a problem, I'd like copy a Web page in a white page of Word. I don't understand why I can copy only the text and I can't copy the image, with Word for Windows I can do it. Please help me. For your information I have Word 2008 Ver 12 and MacBook 2.4 GHz with OS X 10.5.5. I wait your answers. Thanks to all, Manuela When you copy from a web page Word has nothing to do with what gets copied. That's determined by the browser you're using. If you're using Apple's Safari make sure it's fully updated & you may want to experiment ...

A97
Hi Folks - on a specific report that has been running fine for a good long period, I have obviously made some change that has resulted in it printing a single blank page 'occasionally (and nothing else). Weird behaviour since its doesn't happen every time, and if I use print - and select Page 1 in the print driver - it prints fine. This behaviour is demonstrated on 3 different printers today so its obviously some change in the report that accounts for it. Any suggestions on where to check (I haven't made any format changes recently that might account for it - though there h...

link to page
I am creating a book in word with example 50 pages. On 1st page is the table of contents and what ever subject you are looking for is referenced to that paticular page number. Example can I click on page number 37 and it will take me to that page, is this possible or do I have to scroll to it? I tried looking in help but could not find that info -- Microsoft Office 2003 Version Students and Teachers Edition Windows Vista Home Premium Thank-you Carl R TOC are automatically linked by default. See http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/toc/CreateATOC.html -- Suzanne S. B...

macro auto loading
I'm trying to automate a few actions whilst loading an excel spreadsheet 1. prevent the save command from showing from startup. 2. prevent the save icon from showing from startup. 3. when (eventually) exiting preventing if not pressed saveAs, the option dialog box [save-no-cancel] box from appearing. Can anyone HELP ME on this one please!!! Matt...................... Crikey Matt Nearly every group posted to...1 possible answer in Links -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "matt rich" <matt.rich@bti...

one page in booklet format
How do I tell Publisher 2000 to print just page one and 4 and then pause while i reinsert the paper to print pages 2 and 3? duff wrote: > How do I tell Publisher 2000 to print just page one and 4 and then > pause while i reinsert the paper to print pages 2 and 3? File > Print > Pages 1 to 1 > OK > Print as separate booklet = No. Flip pages. File > Print > Pages 2 to 2 > OK > Print as separate booklet = No. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org ...

Memory Leak in Visio Data Refresh
Hi There, I am using the built-in data refresh in Visio 2007. I am automatically refresh every 3 minutes. What I have found is that the MemUsage incrementally increases after each data refresh until I get an error message of not having enough virtual memory. Is there a work around besides closing Visio down and restarting again after some hours? This also happens using a macro that microsoft suggested: intCount = ThisDocument.DataRecordsets.Count Set vsoDataRecordset = ThisDocument.DataRecordsets(intCount) vsoDataRecordset.Refresh --- frmsrcurl: http://msgroups.net/microsoft.public...

I need to explicitly load MFC entension DLL - DDAO35 & DDAO36 dynamically using AFXLoadlibrary or LoadLibrary. These DLLs are written in C++, my question is how to use them with all those decorated name? Can any one please help me on this.Is it possible to load these DLLs in first place? I tried using DDAO350.DLL & DDAO360.DLL and i was sucessfull using COM Any help Regards Gopal Since these are MFC Extension DLLs, you should have MFC clients for these modules. What problems do you have when you call AfxLoadLibrary? Names of exported methods are mangled but that is expected. It s...

Javascript error in OWA on load.
Whenever I log into SBS2003 Remote Workplace and open OWA, the page loads, defaulting to my inbox, however I get the following Javascript error: Line: 15 Char: 30 Error: Object expected Code: 0 URL: https://www.[myDomain]/Exchange/mike/Inbox?Cmd=contents (where [myDomain] is my client's domain name). I cannot open any mail items to read them or create new emails. Any ideas and help greatly appreciated! Thanks --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.683 / Virus Database: 445 - Release Date: 12/05/2004 Ask i...

In micsoft pub how do you print the whole page?
I am using the landscape page set up, I have zeroed the margins, but on the right side whatever you have put between 10 1/2" and 11" will not show up in the print preview, therefore it will not print anything in that 1/2" area. How can I change this so I can print in this 1/2" area You might not be able to. It's determined my your printer settings. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Sports Guy" <Sports Guy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1B491394-0257-4A75-924B-B480E09C7952@microsoft.com... >I am using the landsca...

Is it possible to include an image in page footer???
I'm trying to see if it is possible to include an image in a page footer in Excel. Haven't figured it out on my own, so I thought I'd post the question here. Thanks, Shane This feature was added in xl2002. What version are you using? "Shane R. Pouch" wrote: > > I'm trying to see if it is possible to include an image in a page footer in > Excel. Haven't figured it out on my own, so I thought I'd post the question > here. > > Thanks, > Shane -- Dave Peterson I'm using 2000 SR-1. Just checked this out on my kids' lap...

DEP and IE8 under XP
After a hardware upgrade (to an Athlon II x2 Regcor 245 chip and new motherboard), I'm struggling with a DEP-related problem. Running XP SP3 and IE8. The new chip is hardware DEP capable; the old one wasn't. The DEP is set to "protect critical programs," if I recall the wording correctly, not to protect all programs. Although the latter setting is supposedly the default, the "critical programs" setting showed the radio button when I looked at the DEP settings the first time. There is only one problem I've found (...my wife has found -- it's h...

Problem with loaded transaction data
In the past week I've all of a sudden had problems with downloaded transactions. The problem is that the transactions download, but aren't visible. For instance, one credit card shows that I have 38 downloaded transactions to review. None of them appear in the transaction listing. The reason it is 38 is that I've tried twice to download the transactions from the bank - there are just 19, but it apparently has them hidden away somewhere in duplicate now. I tried repairing my money file, but that didn't have any impact on the situation. Any suggestions are most welcome! Rocky...