IE8 32bit Windows 7 Home Premium crashes immediately on opening

I've seen this problem all over the internet starting last summer, but none
of the threads seem to have a solution.

IE8 32-bit running on Windows 7 crashes immediately upon opening.  It does
not offer to send the log to microsoft after checking for a solution.  The
only option is close program.  If I "Run as Administrator" I can get the 64
bit version working, but that turns off protected mode and is undesirable.
This just started a couple days ago, and NOTHING I've found or tried in a
ream of threads (that happen in Vista also) solves the problem.  A few
threads said it just went away on its own.

I have tried all the reset suggestions, run without add-ons, scanned for
malware with Norton, Malwarebytes, and Spybot deep scans, reregistered IE8
components in the registry, basically anything anyone suggested that others
reported may work.  Still - nothing at all.

Anyone have an answer that doesn't involve the above solutions that don't
work?

Have a professional reinstall your operating system.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

technobeaver wrote:
> I've seen this problem all over the internet starting last summer, but none
> of the threads seem to have a solution.
>
> IE8 32-bit running on Windows 7 crashes immediately upon opening.  It does
> not offer to send the log to microsoft after checking for a solution.  The
> only option is close program.  If I "Run as Administrator" I can get the 64
> bit version working, but that turns off protected mode and is undesirable.
> This just started a couple days ago, and NOTHING I've found or tried in a
> ream of threads (that happen in Vista also) solves the problem.  A few
> threads said it just went away on its own.
>
> I have tried all the reset suggestions, run without add-ons, scanned for
> malware with Norton, Malwarebytes, and Spybot deep scans, reregistered IE8
> components in the registry, basically anything anyone suggested that others
> reported may work.  Still - nothing at all.
>
> Anyone have an answer that doesn't involve the above solutions that don't
> work?
0
Leonard
4/30/2010 8:14:10 PM
Did you upgrade to Win7 64-bit or...?

1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE8 32-bit in No Add-ons mode?

Explorer (No add-ons).

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7 &
IE8 in all OSS]

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Reset-Internet-Explorer-settings

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?

BONUS POINTS if you reply to this post!
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

technobeaver wrote:
> I've seen this problem all over the internet starting last summer, but
> none
> of the threads seem to have a solution.
>
> IE8 32-bit running on Windows 7 crashes immediately upon opening.  It does
> not offer to send the log to microsoft after checking for a solution.  The
> only option is close program.  If I "Run as Administrator" I can get the
> 64
> bit version working, but that turns off protected mode and is undesirable.
> This just started a couple days ago, and NOTHING I've found or tried in a
> ream of threads (that happen in Vista also) solves the problem.  A few
> threads said it just went away on its own.
>
> I have tried all the reset suggestions, run without add-ons, scanned for
> malware with Norton, Malwarebytes, and Spybot deep scans, reregistered IE8
> components in the registry, basically anything anyone suggested that
> others
> reported may work.  Still - nothing at all.
>
> Anyone have an answer that doesn't involve the above solutions that don't
> work?

0
PA
4/30/2010 11:15:49 PM
Have you tried Safe Mode and/or creating a new user temporarily to see if
IE8 runs there?

"technobeaver" <technobeaver@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've seen this problem all over the internet starting last summer, but
> none
> of the threads seem to have a solution.
>
> IE8 32-bit running on Windows 7 crashes immediately upon opening.  It does
> not offer to send the log to microsoft after checking for a solution.  The
> only option is close program.  If I "Run as Administrator" I can get the
> 64
> bit version working, but that turns off protected mode and is undesirable.
> This just started a couple days ago, and NOTHING I've found or tried in a
> ream of threads (that happen in Vista also) solves the problem.  A few
> threads said it just went away on its own.
>
> I have tried all the reset suggestions, run without add-ons, scanned for
> malware with Norton, Malwarebytes, and Spybot deep scans, reregistered IE8
> components in the registry, basically anything anyone suggested that
> others
> reported may work.  Still - nothing at all.
>
> Anyone have an answer that doesn't involve the above solutions that don't
> work?

0
Michael

Excel 2002 won't open .csv files
Puzzle ... Using Excel 2002 on a Win 2KPro workstation, SP4 applied. Open Windows Explorer, and open a folder on the server which contains several XXX_XXX.CSV files which have been imported over the WAN to this folder. Attempt to open any of these files results in the following message. "XXX_XXX.CSV cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location." If I attempt to open the file as read-only, I get the same message. If I try to open as a copy I get the same message, except the message refers to the file as "XXX_XXX.CSV (cop...

"Microsoft Windows Component Publisher"
When I navigate to update.microsoft.com, I am offered a software component signed by "Microsoft Windows Component Publisher" verified by "Microsoft Windows Verification Intermediate PCA". Do these outfits represent Microsoft, or are they some scam to install malware? It helps those answering your questions if you provide your operating system and service pack information (e.g. Windows XP SP2, Vista SP1) and your browser with version number (e.g. IE7) . "Jack Waugh" wrote: > When I navigate to update.microsoft.com, I am offered a software comp...

Windows blue screen of death
Hi all - thanks for reading. Quite some valuable insight you guys have. Here is my issue in a nutshell: My associate at work got the Conficker worm and affected everyone on our network. The same night I ended up with the blue screen of death. Reinstalled Windows that same evening (did not f/disk, just regular installation) and my Office 2003 would not load up properly. I reinstalled Office 2003 in a separate folder to preserve my Outlook contacts, emails etc. Now, I tried to import the old Outlook files into the new Office 2003 install - no luck!! The "old" files t...

Granting window Security of my product per user in the Microsoft G
Hi, In GP, i go to Tools>Setup>System>Security And then i select a user and company defaults. Then i select my Product, and select 'Alternate Dynamics GP Windows' as Type. Then select a series. The problem is even though i had synchronized my dictionary and updated the resources and series using DexUtils.exe, the Security does not seem to recognize the form or the resource for that specific series under my product. Can anyone help in determining why its not recognizing my windows in GP. Thanx. Are the windows in your product alternate versions of Dynamics.dic windows or n...

How to window cost
I've been away from Project for a while but it seems to me that I used to be able to insert a Cost column that would display the cost over a designated period of time for example, from today thru the end of the project to show the cost to complete. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, ritpg The remaining cost column does exactly that (assuming you have entered actual costs to date or had Project calculate them) -- If this post was helpful, please consider rating it. Jim Aksel, MVP Check out my blog for more information: http://www.msprojectblog.com "ritpg" ...

IE8 Developer
Will there be any updates (more features) with the IE8 Developer tool coming soon? Firebug just released their updates and some of their newer features are very handy (i.e. the new Quick Info) using FireFox. --MJ ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pan...

Excel spreadsheet opening in IE8 instead of Excel 2003
I have an excel spreadsheet on the network but opened through Sharepoint Small Business Server 2003. All the PCs on the network correctly open the XLS file in Excel 2003 except for this one particular PC that insists on opening it in IE8. This has happened before but after a few days solved itself - so we never got to the bottom of it. I have confirmed that XLS files are associated with Excel but it is still happening Anybody any thoughts. Thanks BJ I've never used any version of SharePoint, but this is what I'd try. (I use WinXP, so it may be different for the...

Creating email that arrives already open.
I am trying to create an email with graphics/pics. and charts that when sent will arrive already opened, like the page of a magazine. Not have the receipent have to open a file to see the message. If I need a special program to do this, what is the name? -- Ted In Outlook, Insert - Picture - From File will do it. "Ted" <Ted@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:BF5694E7-54E1-4022-93D3-F6EDBEC39102@microsoft.com... > I am trying to create an email with graphics/pics. and charts that when sent > will arrive already opened, like the page of a magazine. ...

Problem with Windows Backup on Win2K8 R2
Hi everyone, I have actually a problem with Windows Backup on a Windows 2008 R2 Server standard edition. I've a server with two hard drive, each one with one partition (C and F) and one external drive (G) I've defined planned tasks on this server to make backup. (wbadmin start backup -include:c:,f: -allcritical -backuptarget:\\server\g$\backup\day1 -quiet) => this task work fine I recently have decided to make a montly backup of specifics directories by adding for each month a different task which start the 1st day of every months wbadmin start back...

OWA
Is there a way to turn on Integrated Windows Authentication without requiring the full UPN logon name? I'm running Exchange 2k3 on a W2k AD domain, single domain single forest. TIA ivo Ivo You don't need to use UPN you could fall back on the pre-Windows 2000 convention of doaminname\username. This is not necessarily easier so it really depends on which one your users are most comfortable with. Nue "Ivo" <Ivo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DC58573E-B382-4A5F-9FDC-F26B07DE42F5@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to turn on Integrated Windows...

How do I add a Web Access Account to my Outlook at home?
That sounds strange, but I'm a student at a university that has given me an Outlook Account on Web Access for the purpose of receiving school mail, mainly school-wide announcements and information from professors. However, I find the online version to be very limiting and I'm not familiar with the newer versions of Outlook (haven't had it since about 1996 or so). I need to know if I can access e-mails recieved on my Web Access account in my Outlook program at home... Also, maybe if this is possible I won't have to do that... Can I organized e-mails on Web Access? I k...

Cannot Print Portfolio Money Premium 2005
Suject self-explanatory. Print preview is also grayed out. Numerous other little gotchas relative to account balances. How did it get out of the useability lab. Some of it is as nonintuitive as it comes. This thing does not look like it was ready for prime-time on its release date. Had I known it was this bad, I wouldn't have dropped the $79. The old version of Investor at least worked. -- R. Riley ...

Opening mutiple folders...
Is it possible to open mutiple folders at one time in seperate windows?... Example: I would like to open my Inbox but also like to open and display Sent Messages at the same time time... Not directly. But you can go to Edit, Find Message (Ctrl+Shift+F) and find messages in another folder. You can choose criteria that would find all messages. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "hsnp" <hsnp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D13CBE0D-366D-4CFD-A418-1F01BBC7D33C@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to open mutiple folders at one time...

running Flash using IE8 on x64 system
I'm about to do a clean install of my system (Dell Precision T5400 64-bit system with 2 300GB drives setup in a RAID 1 mirror and 8GB of memory). I will running XP Pro x64 Edition with Service Pack 2. By default, IE6 or IE7 will be installed after I finish re-installing my system. I am going to immediately get all the windows updates, which will install IE8 on my system. Does the windows update install both the x32 (Program Files x86 directory) and x64 (Program Files directory) version of IE8? If that is correct, then I can just create a shortcut to IE8 in the Program...

changing window size by dragging the border of the window
Hey everyone, I wanna change the window size by dragging the border of the window with the mouse. Is there a mfc routine which resizes the window size automatically?! Thx for every help!! Hallo Ravebaby! > I wanna change the window size by dragging the border of the window > with the mouse. Is there a mfc routine which resizes the window size > automatically?! The window must have the specific style WS_THICKFRAME! When this style is set windows allows the window to be resized. What kind of winodw do you have? A Dialog. In this case you will find some good helper at www.codepr...

How can I check my office e-mail from home?
I need to be able to check my work (Outlook) e-mail once I get home. I am on MSN. How do I set this up? HELP!!!! This would be a question for your IT department. -Peter "youth minister" <youth minister@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FD1D090-B3D7-45E1-A0BB-5F828592F8FB@microsoft.com... >I need to be able to check my work (Outlook) e-mail once I get home. > I am on MSN. How do I set this up? HELP!!!! ...

IE8 or IE8 provided by Yahoo?
I have ATT DSL and have been using IE8 since it was available. Recently I had to uninstall/reinstall it and SP3 for a problem and when I reinstalled Explorer I used "IE8 provided by Yahoo" After making my default browser IE I noticed that it is still provided by Yahoo. I think it is a little less stable, or slower maybe, but I don't want to remove it and install IE8 just on a whim. It was not fun. Does anyone know what the diffierence in their operations are, and what difference it will make? Thanks. Dell Dimension 8400 32 bit Win XP NIS 2010 -- Randu ...

Importing a Windows Mail Account
When I first downloaded and installed the Windows Live it automaticall imported my Windows Mail along with all of the folders that I have in that. However I somehow deleted all of that, and now it does not import the folders or anything. I would like to have the entire account, folders and all, in the Windows Live Email application, but can't figure out how to get it to do it again. Any help would be greatly apreciated. I have already uninstalled and re installed twice, and for some reason that does not work. Have you tried a manual import? In Windows Live Mail: File, Import...

IE8 32 bit and IE8 64 bit
I have an HP Notebook with Windows Vista x64. There are two paths to Internet Explorer: C:\Program Files (x86)\Internet Explorer [Internet Explorer (32 bit)] C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer [Internet Explorer (64-bit)] Recently, I noticed that some web functions no longer work, e.g. I cannot use the HP Support Chat program. This is a program that requires an Active X installation in order to open a window that allows chat with Hewlett-Packard support staff. HP also provides a program on their website that "Auto detects" the computer model, specs, etc. ...

Attaching a 'Notes' Window when Clicking in a CSliderCtrl
Hello everyone, I am trying to create a CSliderCtrl in a dialog. I want to provide the following ability: When the SliderCtrl is clicked, a small Edit box/Dialog should pop up (Like Post-It Notes) with Save and Cancel Options and the user should be able to write stuff to it. Can anyone suggest a good way of accomplishing this? Thank you. This is a bit tricky. For example, if you are "clicking" on a slider control, the focus is on the slider control. If you switch the focus to an edit control, the slider control loses focus and you can't click it again, because the edit contr...

Macro that will add data from multiple workbooks to the 1st open r
I am looking for a way to tell my macro to pull data from multiple workbooks and copy and paste this data to the first open cell. I am extracting from multiple workbooks where each work book is updated/added to daily. (workbook1 may have data in columns A, B, C down to row 5 on Monday and then on Tuesday we may add additional rows in these same Columns A, B, C, this will hold true for all other workbooks). In workbook1 the macro needs to look at and copy data A1:A65536, B1:B65536, etc... However data will start in row 1 and will be added to daily. The Macro will then take the data fr...

computer crashed can we retrieve emails
Hoping someone can help. Friend's computer crashed had to use recovery disks to rebuild lost everything. Is there any way to recover lost files , emails etc from outlook express once the computer has been restored back to factory settings? See www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#4 and www.oehelp.com/backup.aspx If you = cannot find any old dbx files, then the only shot you have is the = extract from disk feature of DBXpress (www.oehelp.com/DBXpress/) steve "Surreal" <Surreal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:2B75669D-D9AF-45C3-BD99-7B539F957BE1@m...

Windows mail
When you use the "save as stationery" in the file of windows mail - where does it go? - how does one open or view it. "windows mail" <windows mail@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:72EEBC14-D29A-4D7E-9711-49A22435E5B6@microsoft.com... > When you use the "save as stationery" in the file of windows mail - where > does it go? - how does one open or view it. C:\Users\'username'\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Mail\Stationery To easily find the folder substitute your username for 'username' in the address and...

Drop down windows
I'm BRAND-NEW, and wanting to design something that has drop down windows, and I want to have my values in these windows. I want to be able to pick from the values, and basicly weed out the other choices in this way. Is this possible? I am getting more fluent with excel, is it possible to do in Excel? Can you help? PLEASE!!? Hi see your other post -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Rightmer" <rightmer@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:64B88346-86D7-4DA1-A612-0465241A621A@microsoft.com... > I'm BRAND-NEW, and wanting to design something that has dro...

How to Use Windows Merge Modules
Hey Friends I need help in creating a setup with .msm files. Can someone plz suggest a way to create the setup with .msm file. I have InstallShield for Microsoft Visual C++ 6 but i could not find a way to add a .msm file. Plz Help ...