Hyperlinks in Internet Explorer 8

I'm running Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7. Norton is the security package.
When an e-mail has a hyerlink and I click on it I receive an answer that the
system will not allow it. Any suggestions?

"Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm running Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7. Norton is the security
> package.
> When an e-mail has a hyerlink and I click on it I receive an answer that
> the
> system will not allow it. Any suggestions?

Check your security settings.

Look in your email client to see if you have security options that prevent
dangerous links to be opened. You have trouble with settings, there's no
reason that IE would not go where you tell it unless you had a security
setting that disallows it.

You have security settings within IE, and there are security options buried
within Windows Live Mail -- formerly Outlook Express. There are other email
clients out there too, you will have to check the security settings there if
you use them.

0
Jeff
7/1/2010 10:59:08 PM
Jim said this on 7/1/2010 6:40 PM:
> I'm running Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7. Norton is the security package.
> When an e-mail has a hyerlink and I click on it I receive an answer that the
> system will not allow it. Any suggestions?

Did you try disabling Norton for a few minutes?
0
Big_Al
7/1/2010 11:01:42 PM
Get rid of Norton?

Jim wrote:
> I'm running Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7. Norton is the security
> package. When an e-mail has a hyerlink and I click on it I receive an
> answer that the system will not allow it. Any suggestions?
0
PA
> Get rid of Norton?

Have you ever used a Norton product?  If so, when was the last time?
Just curious.

0
KCB
7/2/2010 3:03:27 AM
"Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm running Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7. Norton is the security
> package.
> When an e-mail has a hyerlink and I click on it I receive an answer that
> the
> system will not allow it. Any suggestions?

Please quote the ENTIRE error message. "The system won't allow it" is so
vague as to be completely useless.

0
Gordon
7/2/2010 8:01:03 AM
Jim wrote:

> I'm running Internet Explorer 8 in Windows 7. Norton is the security package.
> When an e-mail has a hyerlink and I click on it I receive an answer that the
> system will not allow it. Any suggestions?

There is no such error message as "system will not allow it".

Regarding error or status messages:
- Do NOT omit the message.
- Do NOT describe the message.
- Do NOT summarize the message.
- Do NOT paraphrase the message.
- Do NOT truncate the message.
- Do show the ENTIRE message (but munge or star out personal info,
  like your username in an e-mail address but not the domain).
And DETAIL the steps to reproduce the error or problem.

Maybe what the actual error message said was "Operation cancelled due to
restrictions".  That's just a guess since you didn't tell *us* what was
the actual error message.  If I guess right ...

You are claiming that you have no knowledge of how to perform online
searches?  Google still works:

http://www.google.com/search?q=%2B%22operation+has+been%22+cancelled+canceled+%2B%22due+to+restrictions+in+effect+on+this+computer%22

Operation canceled due to restrictions:
http://www.slipstick.com/problems/link_restrict.htm
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310049
0
VanguardLH

The target of this internet shortcut is not valid
I recently installed IE 8 (previously was using IE 6). Now many of my internet favorites are missing the web document tab in the properties, the URL is missing, and if I click on the them I get an error message "the target of this internet shortcut is not valid". This happened not only to all of my existing favorites but if I add a new favorite, the URL is often lost right away. My operating system is XP Professional version 2002, service pack 3, v.3264. Can this be fixed? Hi RMM, That happened to me the other day.... I haven't worked out what is happenin...

pcnetsecurity@gmail.com =?UTF-8?B?QXNzaXN0w6puY2lhIFTDqWM=?= =?UTF-8?B?bmljYSAgbWFudXRlbsOnw6M=?= =?UTF-8?B?byBkZSBjb21wdXRhZG9y?= =?UTF-8?B?ZXMgaW5mb3JtYXRpY2Eg?= =?UTF-8?B?Vml0w7NyaWEtZXMgMTkxMDg=?=
Contato: pcnetsecurity@gmail.com Contato: pcnetsecurity @ gmail.com Planos a partir de R$ 250,00 . Assist�ncia T�cnica Prestamos assist�ncia t�cnica nos computadores de sua empresa ou resid�ncia, e tamb�m possu�mos uma equipe qualificada para fazer a manuten��o no pr�prio local. - Contratos de Suporte e Manuten��o Reduza os custos de sua empresa com solicita��es de visitas t�cnicas para seus computadores, elaboramos um contrato de manuten��o integrado para sua empresa onde disponibilizamos: t�cnicos, equipamentos de suporte e substitui��o, e atendimento no hor�rio comercial ou ...

hyperlink #4
Hello, I have. a spreadsheet with 300+ records. One column has website addresses. How can I format those cells so that when I click on the web address, it will go to the websites? I know Excel explains it but I'm not understanding it. if someone could help me with this, I would really appreciate it. Thanks, Mindy Mindy Select the cells, hit F2 and ENTER as many times as needed to roll through the range and change to hyperlinks. Whole column at a time use this macro from David McRitchie. Sub MakeHyperlinks() Dim cell As Range For Each cell In Intersect(Selection, _ ...

Hyperlinks
I have a spreadsheet that is 3604 rows & 6 columns. Column E has only hyperlinks to URL's. I have filtered my data via column B. I tried to A-Z Column A. When I do, the hyperlinks do not stay with the data. The mask looks correct but when you scroll over the hyperlink you see a completely different URL.????? Can anyone tell me how to make sure the Hyperlink keeps the correct URL when filtering and sorting the data. Try using the =HYPERLINK() worksheet function Tim "LeisaA" <LeisaA@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3362C55C-FBA2-43...

CRM 4.0 Email Attachment more than 8 MB
Hi, I have done the below steps to change the attachment size to 10 MB. 1.Open the application web.config (C:\Inetpub\CRM\web.config). 2. Locate the <httpRuntime> key within the <system.web> element and change the values to the following: <httpRuntime executionTimeout="9999" maxRequestLength="10240"/> 3. Locate the <httpRuntime> key within the <system.web> element of the <location path='MSCRMServices"> element, and change it to the following: <httpRuntime maxRequestLength="10240"/> 4.Save and close the we...

You must be connected to the Internet to sign in online
When M+ (deluxe, US) starts each time and I click "sign-in", it gives the message above. I have verified that I am online and that the Windows Live ID is correct. When I choose "Sign-In to Money directly without access to online service", I get in but sure, I can't access online resources, such as Online help. The issue started since I upgraded from the trial version. What should I check? Anyone? -- Daniel Kutchin In microsoft.public.money, dkutchin wrote: >When M+ (deluxe, US) starts each time and I click "sign-in", it gives the >message abov...

how to generate xml schema with UTF-8 instead of UTF-16
Hi, I am writing code with C# to generate xml schema, however, the following code generate a UTF-16 in the first line. This will create some problems. How can get the code/missing what part of the code in C# to generate a first line with UTF-8 instead of UTF-16? Thanks, public XmlSchema CreateSchemaRoot() { schema.ElementFormDefault = XmlSchemaForm.None; schema.AttributeFormDefault = XmlSchemaForm.Unqualified; schema.Version = "1.0"; XmlSerializerNamespaces ns = new XmlSerializerNamespaces(); ns.Add("xsd", schemaNS); schema.Namespaces = ns; return schema; } comic_ra...

Excel 2000 Hyperlinks
Probably a silly question, but how do you turn off hyperlinks? I know how to remove them, but I want the entire feature turned off so that when I type an email address it doesn't turn it into an active hyperlink. In XP, you can go to Tools, Autocorrect options, but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. >>but I can't seem to find the option in 2000. Me either. You could precede the entry with an apostrophe. -- Jim Rech Excel MVP .... or hit CTRL-Z right after it converts. Rgds, Andy ...

Hyperlinks and e-mail
I want to be able to send an e-mail as a result of a vlookup. so if I have the name in Col A,the email address in Col B,the case number in Col C and the Vlookup formula on a different page I want to be able to lookup the name and also get the email hyperlink, with the case number included in the subject field. Then I need to automate that process with a Macro.......... Ade Hi not quite sure this is what you want but for mailing macros have a look at Ron's site: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Ade wrote: > I want to be able to send a...

Money and AVG Internet Security
I'm running Windows Vista Home Premium 6.0.6000 Build 6000, Microsoft Money 2077 Home & Business v 16.0.150.1303 and AVG Internet Security 7.5. On the 14th, AVG sent four files to the virus vault, two of which were MNYCoreFiles\iofd.tlb and MNYCoreFiles.BAK . . . \iofd.tlb and two related to the registry (I think). These files remain in the virus vault and I have since used Microsoft Money and haven't encountered any problems. (I'm assuming MNYCoreFiles relates to MS Money. AVG classified the files as a virus, WIN32/PolyCrypt. Couple of questions, should I remove the fi...

Copying text from the Internet
I'm trying to clean up what is really a text table that I copy from a web page which I then load into Excel 2000. My problems are: 1) The first column is a description of a Sales Track that is also formatted as a URL. How can I keep the name as a name (only a name) and save the URL to another Excel column? 2) One of the other columns comes across as a date column, but is actually something that looks like '2/3+' which is the web site's abbreviation for 2 Bedrooms, 3 (or more) Baths. I tried cell formatting but it doesn't work. How can I clean this up so it is text ...

Can you hyperlink to a hyperlink?
I'm am having trouble linking/referencing a cell that contains another hyperlink. There is a master list on one tab, that has hyperlinks to all documents listed. Our other tabs (within the same spreadsheet) contain the same information that is stored in the master list tab, but specific to a group. (i.e. a training tab, lists only the training documents) The idea is to maintain only the hyperlink on the master list page, but allow others to click of the hyperlink to a document on their specific group tab, and it would open the document. Originally, I just used the &q...

How is the Internet like FEMA?
If you're advertising your website or wares excl. ebay and others, it seems forever before anyone arrives.But, they do arrive. Even if it is just a little late!But unlike FEMA, most bring funds. -- Free Quality Books/Linux CDs Scripted for book readers and computer nerds... Internet: http://knowledgeworks.org.uk Email: knowledgeworks@knowledgeworks.org.uk ...

Portfolio Analyzer & ie 8
Hi All, I am using PWA Portfolio Analyzer 2003. I was running fine under ie 6. I just upgraded to ie 8. Portfolio Analyzer does not show up anymore. it says cube does not exisit or you dont have permissions. I'm on the Admin on the Project Server. I searched throught the Web and this forum for an answer. no luck. please help Hadi This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------060109010000050603030504 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=UTF-8; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Hadi, Add the URL of PWA to your Trusted Sites Zone. Make sure to...

Rollup 8 is available
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=c53b2916-6b93-4092-bdd3-a394c96ca000 Dave Ireland ...

Backup #8
There appears to be lots of backup programs for outlook and favorites.....does anyone have a favorite prorgram or could suggest a program for outlook and favorites.....or, do most people use the Microsoft suggested instruction backup procedure...it seems to be rather cumbersome and time consuming...perhaps I am wrong though....thanks..Gary The MS OL backup addin is fine, and free. There are numerous backup apps available from shareware sites, for other data "Gary Boyer" <gboyer@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message news:Csg6d.24077$uk1.5415@fe2.columbus.rr.com... > Ther...

Explorer Style dialog box using CFileDialog
Hello. I'm trying to create Explorer style dialog box using CfileDialog. I'm passing OFN_EXPLORER flag in the constructor of the CfileDilaog. But I get old Style save as dialog box. Please guide me as to what else is required to get an Explorer Style dialog box. Thanks, Pawan. ...

Hyperlinking images
I have a worksheet with several columns. One of the columns is entitled image which I've hyperlinked to image files. I thought that if I were to email this worksheet to someone else that my images would go along with it. Not happening. How do I set it up, so that the images are embedded on each row as a file name and if I email it to someone, all of the images are transferred also. I know it's a simple solution, but I'm not finding it. Thanks. You must either send all the image files along with the workbook or insert the images into the workbook. Sending ...

Hyperlinks not hyperlinked in long messages
I am receiving a regular mail which contains many hyperlinks. It seems that, when the message exceeds a certain size, only the first hyperlinks work (colored blue and underlined), but they stop working somewhere in the last third of the message. I see this happening with messages with sizes of 129, 185, 210 KB. But on another message with 43KB all the hyperlinks work. (I can send the mentioned messages to someone willing to suggest a solution) I don't know if the problem has to do with the size of the message or the number of hyperlinks within. But if I break one of these messages i...

Windows Explorer, WinXP view?, other stuff, please be patient
I'm new to Win 7 Pro, making the move from WinXP Pro. I want Windows Explorer to open default to the computer tree with computer expanded showing the available installed drives as I had it in WinXP. I also want the computer tree to be above the other options in the left pane such as the Libraries, etc. Right now the cascading order is Desktop, Libraries, Homegroup, User, Computer, etc. I'd like it to default with the Computer group listed right under Desktop and expanded, and the Libraries group below that and not expanded. Is that even possible? On another no...

Tree Folder and explorer
Does anyone have a good sample code or tutorial to use IShellBrowser and IShellView ? I would like to have the explorer folder tree in one of my prog. But MS didnt provide any example to implement all those functions. Thanks in advance. Boo Check out this very nice article http://www.codeproject.com/shell/explorer.asp Cheers Jagadeesh "Boo" <noadr@none.org> wrote in message news:c2367r$gcr$1@news-reader5.wanadoo.fr... > > Does anyone have a good sample code or tutorial to use IShellBrowser and > IShellView ? I would like to have the explorer folder tree in one...

Hyperlink?
I have been trying to put a hyperlink to a bank in an Excel cell. After difficulty I tried very carefully to follow instructions. When I click on the link, I get a message that starts with "Unable to open <address>" and ends with "Cannot download the information you requested." I do not know if the following is a clue. The address in the cell starts with http://. If I manually copy the address and paste it into the browser it works. But the address that finally appears starts with https://. The rest of the address is modified as well. I am using a relatively...

create a hyperlink field for a tamplate?
I have a template with various fields, when I make use of it, all fields are displayed correctly. One of this fields is a text string that holds pathname and file name of a document related to the record. I would like to have this string come in as a hyperlink, and not have to go and manually change each cell in the column with the Insert - Hyperlink commands. Does anyone knows how to do this? NEW If using Excel 2002 or 2003 you can set this up under Tools>Autocorrect Options>Autoformat as you type. For existing strings a formula in an adjacent cell....... =HYPERLINK(cellref) ...

Insert hyperlink off and on ?
Why does the insert hyperlink drop down appear grayed out sometimes but at other times it works just fine. This is when I am doing a regular e-mail and want to highlight a term and insert a hyperlink. Outlook 2000. Just seems to have a mind of its own. ...

Applying CRM DST hotfix killed integration manager 8
We have been running integrations successfully (scheduled) for years. I just installed the hotfix for CRM server (same server that our integrations run on) and now IM does not work. Receive error concerning CBOMLibX.dll file and according to TK, copy from shared to system32 and register. Now receive errors all over the place (TTGComnX not found and the error windows all say resource not found). As well, we upgraded all our servers with the new DST hot fixes as well, but our integrations are still running an hour late (IM is not recognizing the time change) even though they are sched...