Help with downloading Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP

When I click on download a window pops up saying, "unable to display page".
What do I need to do. Also, what I think might be the problem is sometimes a
tool bar appears saying I am "running with add-ons disabled". I have two ways
to log on with no add-ons and without; however, in my manage add-ons
everything listed states it is enabled. Any suggestions, please. Thank you!

We shall assume your thread should be entitled "Help with downloading
*using* Internet Explorer 8 in Windows XP."

Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2)
when posting to a newgroup or forum. Please do so in your next reply.

1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

Explorer (No add-ons).

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7 &
IE8 in all OSS]

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
What third-party firewall (if any)?  Were any of these applications running

it)?
--
~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

josie wrote:
> When I click on download a window pops up saying, "unable to display
> page".
> What do I need to do. Also, what I think might be the problem is sometimes
> tool bar appears saying I am "running with add-ons disabled". I have two
> ways to log on with no add-ons and without; however, in my manage add-ons
> everything listed states it is enabled. Any suggestions, please. Thank
> you!

0
PA
2/28/2010 12:22:46 AM
When you do the Windows Updates for XP, you get IE8 with Service Pack 3.

"josie" <josie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I click on download a window pops up saying, "unable to display
> page".
> What do I need to do. Also, what I think might be the problem is sometimes
> tool bar appears saying I am "running with add-ons disabled". I have two
> ways
> to log on with no add-ons and without; however, in my manage add-ons
> everything listed states it is enabled. Any suggestions, please. Thank
> you!

0
Jeff

sumifs help

Reply window size
Whenever I reply to a message, the window always maximizes, and the fonts change. I'm more concerned about just having the reply window stay teh regular size as the e-mail I am reading and replying to. Thanks. ...

Help !

Publisher 2003: Windows Installer error 1635
Publisher 2003 and the rest of Office 11 is also installed, Windows XP Home SP1 In Publisher > New Publication > Business forms > Invoice > I get several choices, but when I try to load one of them, I get the error alerts: "Publisher cannot run this wizard. This feature is not currently installed. Would you like to install it now?" When I try to install even with the Office CD inserted . "Publisher cannot run this wizard. Microsoft Office Publisher cannot install the necessary files due to Windows Installer error 1635." It seems I used to have no problem ins...

Help with this thing

Help with Outlook Setup!!!

exch 5.5 help

Help with Formula Please 02-19-10

C#.net windows application
Since I am new to c#.net 2008 but I have worked a little with visual basic.net 2005, I have the following questions I would like to ask: 1. When I am looking at a .sln file that I will be maintaining a work, I can see there are lots of static void Main() methods in a file called program.cs throughout the solution in separate folderts. Can you tell me the purpose of this kind of code? Does this instantiate an object, is this a class libary member? 2. When running the C#.net 2008 professional version windows application, how do I know which 'main' method is being called? ...

Windows XP 64bit Movie Maker
Hi, Currently i'm using some 32bit Windows Movie Maker filters (*.ax / *.dll) as effects in a project i'm building, and i have to port my project to 64bits. Because 32bit filters don't work on a 64bit system, my question is : does it exist a Windows Movie Maker 64Bit for Windows XP 64bit? Thanks, Alex. ...

Does HQ run better on XP or Win Server 2003?
I'm running HQ on a win2000 machine. I would like to upgrade. Does it run better in XP or Win Server 2003? Is it certified for Win Server 2003? HQ will run fine on either. Remember that there are many components to "HQ" - Server, Client, Manager and a database - you may want to split those functions across several systems. We normally recommend a full version of SQL Server rather than MSDE for HQ Environments, and that requires a Server OS - consider Small Business Server Premier which includes SQL Server as well as Win 2K3 Sever and some of the other MS Back Office s...

Need help in data copying.

help...help...help

Macro Help

Date Format #8
Dear friends, Everytime I type the Date of 10 Dec. 2005 as 10/12/2005, it converted to 12/10/2005 and it refused to be modified when I try to adjust it from FormatCells. -- Regards, ------------------------------------------------- Mahmoud Metwally Ali Jaicorp IT Manager Office Tel. : (202) 3471495/361 Mob. : (2010) 5195169 Look in the Control Panel>Regional Settings and make sure that you don't have English (United States) selected. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Mahmoud Metwaly" <m.metwally@jaicorp.com.eg> wrote in message news:OvoRcV$dFHA.3012@tk2msftngp...

help me #2

Windows Live Mail sync
Where is the setup information for: Windows Live Mail Desktop Calendar sync with Calendar.live.com calendar. -- Arne Garvander (Happily unemployed professional Geek) Just log in with your Windows Live Id.... at the right end of the toolbar. "Arne Garvander" <ArneGarvander@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:83D3B881-97B4-4C58-9084-6B0D53DF85FF@microsoft.com... > Where is the setup information for: > Windows Live Mail Desktop Calendar sync with Calendar.live.com > calendar. > > > -- > Arne Garvander > (Happily une...

HelpProvider and HTML Help interaction

CString help

Your Help is Appreciated

bcc help