double launch at IE launch from quick launch

When I launch Internet Explorer I sometimes get a double launch.  Most of the
time I launch from the quick start bar.  It happens also from the standard
desktop icon also.  ???

If you're looking for help here, the first piece of information we need
is what version of Internet Explorer you are using and what version of
Windows you are using (including the service pack number.)

Next, keeping in mind that we are totally relying on your description,
you need to explain  exactly what a "double launch" means and why it
happens only sometimes, along with any other details that might help
someone understand your problem.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Freeborng wrote:
> When I launch Internet Explorer I sometimes get a double launch.  Most of the
> time I launch from the quick start bar.  It happens also from the standard
> desktop icon also.  ???
0
Leonard
1/19/2010 4:38:16 AM
Adjust your mouse's double-click speed setting (slower), double-click
faster, or change the default action to single-click?

Freeborng wrote:
> When I launch Internet Explorer I sometimes get a double launch.  Most of
> the time I launch from the quick start bar.  It happens also from the
> standard desktop icon also.  ???

0
PA
1/19/2010 5:58:39 AM
Freeborng wrote:

> When I launch Internet Explorer I sometimes get a double launch.  Most of the
> time I launch from the quick start bar.  It happens also from the standard
> desktop icon also.  ???

Are you single- or double-clicking on the shortcuts in the toolbars in the
Windows taskbar?  Toolbar buttons only requires a single-click to run
whatever is defined as their command string.
0
VanguardLH

quick views 03-09-10
after being ok for a week after windows 7 pro 64 bit new install, then installing wlm, my quick views now shows nothing (even all email). have followed advice of another post (several times) to no avail, still nothing shows up. advice was:"To rebuild the Quick Views from scratch, you should delete the registry value 'SearchFolderVersion' under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail\. This will cause WLMail to rebuild its Quick view data store when it is next started." any ideas? That method rebuilds the Quick View message counter to show the co...

double quotes
Hello, Because of limitations in my finance program, I'll periodically export the data to a text file, import the text file to Excel, where I manipulate the data as required. I then reverse the steps, saving the Excel file as text, then import the new text file back to my finance program. It all works Ok except for one thing - the amounts are stored in the program with a T in front, e.g., 100.00 would be T100.00. The problem is with larger amounts that involve a comma, such as 1,000.00 which would be T1,000.00. Excel insists on saving it with double quotes around it, "T1,000.00&q...

Double email
Keep getting duplicate email? No where to find out how to change that, nothing in options or custom. Nothing in your post to help anyone try to help you. Version of Outlook? Type of account? How many? Did this always happen? When did it start? What did you change just before it started happening? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Barbra <b.kostka@att.net> asked: | Keep getting duplicate email? No where to find out how to | change that, nothing in options or cu...

Visio Hyperlinks
Hi - currently using Visio and would like to save the workflow as a template for others to 'save as' and execute - need to know if the hyperlinks will work within the template and also whether or the current hyperlinks require a 'right click' to execute???? Would like to execute using double click feature? Any advice would be GREAT!! Thanks..../d If you have a Hyperlink on a Shape, then change the formula in the EventDblClick cell in the spreadsheet to =HYPERLINK(Hyperlink.Row_1.Address) "Deb" <Deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E...

Creating a Line Chart with double Y Axis
Would be possible to create a Line Chart with double Y Axis on th Chart? The X axis is date and Y axis will be the value. Thannks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Select a series that you want on the secondary axis Choose Format>Selected Data Series On the Axis tab, select Secondary Click OK parker_yuan < wrote: > Would be possible to create a Line Chart with double Y Axis on the > Chart? The X axis is date and Y axis will be the value. Thannks. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

WLM sending duplicate (double) emails
I have an annoying issue with WLM version 14.0.8089.0726 running on W7. Sometimes I send a mail from my MSN.com account and it sits in my Outbox for hours until I close WLM and then reopen it. This results in the mails in the Outbox being sent twice; in the "Account" column for one message it says my MSN mailbox name, and on the duplicate message the "Account" column is blank. Is anyone else having this issue? In Tools|Options on the Send tab, is the "Send messages immediately" box checked? -- Patrick P. www.boydcomputersvcs.com "...

Outlook automatically launches at pc start-up
I THOUGHT I was pretty good at troubleshooting Windows and Office, but I have been stumped at correcting this issue. I have a Sony Vaio that when factory reset/restored, would launch Outlook Express every time the pc was rebooted (I guess it did this when it was new but it's 2 years old and I don't recall if it did this out of the box). Now, I have installed Office/Outlook 2003 and of course THAT automatically launches every time the pc is rebooted. I have checked msconfig, I have checked admin services in control panel, I have checked startup folder, I have checked options in Outlo...

IE Script Error #2
Hi; I have Outlook 2000 and NT. Every time a friend forwards me an email or includes me as cc or bcc in an email he replies to, I get an IE Script Error when I view the email. The emails do not appear to contain web pages. This has occurred for only 3 weeks. If he creates and sends me an email, I do not receive the error. I have not had this error in email from others. Any suggestions? Thanks, Bill Hi; Can anyone suggest a more appropriate place to ask this question? Thanks, Bill "Bill" <bill.moses@nospam.trimarkeng.com> wrote in message news:p22le.20725$tt5.19229@...

Double the Attachments
Any idea why some of our emails have two copies of each attachment? At first I thought it was a sender fluke, but have recently noticed that some of our own sent e-mail messages, but not all, end up in the 'Sent Mail' folder with twice the attachments they had when originally sent. Do we have an errant setting that could be causing this anomaly? ...

Problem with first launching of MS Outlook
I have had a problem with first launching of MS Outlook. I already currently use MS Outlook Express. It suggested that I try and use Safe Mode. This didn't work either. Nick "Nick" <tulse04-news@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:l6SdnXnAYPkyo0_ZnZ2dnUVZ8qudnZ2d@bt.com... >I have had a problem with first launching of MS Outlook. I already >currently use MS Outlook Express. > > It suggested that I try and use Safe Mode. This didn't work either. I have now managed to install it - not using the Business Contact Manager. Nick ...

Can I replace the attachment file when double chick attachment?
I want to replace the attachment when double chick the attachment. I use outlook form to do it. Beause attachment read in outlook is not a cancelable event, I can't do it directly. I found outlook always store attachments file in directory: "%USERPROFILE%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLK*". So if I want to replace the attachment when user double chick the attachment, I can repalce the attachment file(will display) in that directory. I have some test, outlook allow me do that. But I meet two question: First: the directory is different with each user, I always start wi...

Owner-draw checkbox and Double-click
Hello, I have an owner drawn checkbox (see my post "Checkboxes: SetCheck() and BS_OWNERDRAW", 8/18/2003). It works great whether the user clicks on it or hits the space bar when it has the focus. However, when the user double-clicks the checkbox and tabs to another control, a heavy black rectangle is left behind. I noticed that this related to my usage of DrawFocusRect() in my DrawItem() function, but I cannot figure out how to properly address the problem. DrawFocusRect is called in two different places in DrawItem(): if( lpDrawItemStruct->itemAction == ODA_DRAWENTIRE ) { ...

Get blank IE window when I go to link
Been using Outlook Express 5.0. No problems to recently. When I go to hit a link in an e-mail it just comes up a blank IE screen. Does not even say done. Tried dowloading and installing 6.0 but no difference. I use an ISP, Windowns '98 SE, Pentium3, 128mb ram 10gb hard drive. Have scaned disk and defraged. Spent 8 hours and still no luck. So I am here. Dell ...

Emails Doubling
People are receiving doubles of my emails. Why is this? Sometimes I receive doubles of others' emails also. "pammor" <pammor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CE3A796F-FC12-4712-9510-8163FB406E73@microsoft.com... > People are receiving doubles of my emails. Why is this? Sometimes I > receive > doubles of others' emails also. Go to the Tools menu>Accounts> ensure that you do not have your account set up twice, if so remove one instance of it. -- Regards Steve. MS-MVP. MAIL. [DTS] UK. http://www.getsafeonline.org...

Can I get larger icons in the Outlook 2007 Quick Access Taskbar
Hi, I have moved from Outlook 2002 to 2007 due to Win 7 not remembering passwords. I am just getting used to the differences and find that I prefer to look at my email message view without the ribbon and just use the Quick Access Taskbar, but feel that the icons a just too small. Is there any way to make the Quick Access Taskbar icons larger? Raymond AFAIK, there is not a 'large icons' option for the QAT. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by...

double-click in between two rows or two columns
How to avoid cursor jumping around to different positions when I double-click in between two rows or two column ? Thanks Hi This is a feature of Excel! When you double click the border of the selected cell, the cursor will go to the edge of the contiguous data on the sheet. It's very useful for jumping to the start/end of data. I don't know of a way to disable it. -- Andy. "Ben" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:bf5d01c4382c$a19b1bf0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > How to avoid cursor jumping around to different positions > when I double-c...

IE 6 sp1 error with owa
I sometime get blue boxes around icons in IE 6 sp1 on xp sp2. It does not happen all the time. If I use the ssl version it is fine. This is the script error that I get: ---------------------------------------- Line: 556 Char: 24 Error: Expected';' code:0 URL: https://<ip-address>/exchweb/6.5.6944.0/controls/ctrl_view.htc ----------------------------------------- This is what's running: windows 2003 server Exchange 2003 sp1 Thanks, Fiore ...

Double calendar entries
Hello - We are using Outlook 2003. When I get meeting requests - if I accept the request, I get double entries on my calendar. If I decline, I am left with one entry with it saying "You have not responded to this request" but it's still on my calendar... Any help? Thanks Doug ...

Reversing Quick Journals
Is there a way to reverse quick journals that I am missing? I would like to set up a reversing quick journal, but am not sure how it would be done without going through General Journal Entry and manually entering all of the accounts. Thanks There is no way to set up a reversing quick journal, but here is a possible workaround: Once the Quick Journal is posted, go to the GL Transaction Entry window, click Correct and select the journal entry number created by the Quick journal posting (I have found it easier to have the JE number ready, otherwise looking it up takes a long time). ...

double double-click
Hi everyone. Recenlty upgraded all workstations at a client site from Office 2003 to 2007. Some users report that a shortcut to a spreadsheet on their desktop for example requires 2 double-clicks to open. The first double click opens Excel, the second double click opens the spreadsheet in Excel. Very odd. I have checked file associations and all seems OK. Has anyone come across this before or have a solution? TIA Andrew Try activating one on the Excel add-ins, Solver for instance. Andrew Zenz wrote: > Hi everyone. > > Recenlty upgraded all...

OWA admin in Exchange 2000
Folks sorry to come up with what is certainly a trivial issue but I can't seem to find how to disable OWA for given user in Exchange 2000... A quick pointer most welcome :) Regards alex User properties, Exchange Advanced tab, protocol settings, HTTP, settings, uncheck box. Todd "AlexT" <google@atc.ch> wrote in message news:1161274995.701911.30520@i42g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Folks > > sorry to come up with what is certainly a trivial issue but I can't > seem to find how to disable OWA for given user in Exchange 2000... > > A quick point...

IE 8.0.6 remove as default browser
I'm runuuing IE 8.0.6001. I do not want this as my default browser. When I go to internet options/tools/programs the "make default" button is grayed and I cannot find how to undo making IE my default browser. Any help? thanks. Go to the browser taht you want as the default and click the equivelent of TOOLS>INTERNET OPTIONS>PROGRAMS and set it as the Default Browser, then return to Internet Explorer and go to TOOLS>INTERNET OPTIONS>PROGRAMS and uncheck the box that tells IE to check to see if it is the default. I suppose you could uncheck the checkbox fi...

Double Buffering in Dialogs
I'm trying to double buffer my dialog as it flickers horribly while resizing. Does any one know how to do this. Any code will be appreciated. Thanks in advance. Wasif Ali Wasif Ali wrote: > I'm trying to double buffer my dialog as it flickers horribly while > resizing. > Does any one know how to do this. > Any code will be appreciated. > > Thanks in advance. > > Wasif Ali What's in the dialog that makes it flicker? The dialog has an ActiveX control and the ActiveX control has many Botmap Buttons on it. Wasif Ali "Minus" <pakosan@ya...

Double Filtering in Excel 2007
Greetings. I am using Excel 2007, and I have a question about filtering in Excel 2007, but I can't find an answer in the help file. If in Col. B I filter a certain cell in a row I get a very handy list. If I then (maintaining the same filter) filter another cell in a row in Col. C I get another handy list (smaller than the first filtered list, of course). Let's say I want to switch back to the first filter, kind of backtracking. I found that when I release the second (sub-)filter, both filters are removed (the same thing happens in Access). Is there an easy way to backtrack...

Excel 2007
Excel 2003 - Updating charts was easy, right click chart, select view data source, reselct new data, click OK Excel 2007???????????? Right click on data series in chart; open Edit Series dialog. best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "SWODoug" <SWODoug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:75420CB1-FF6C-4203-956B-D490C68ED136@microsoft.com... > Excel 2003 - Updating charts was easy, right click chart, select view data > source, reselct new data, click OK > > Excel 2007???????????? Hi, Select chart. C...