C:\Windows\IE7&IE8update folders:

In C:\Windows these 4 folders: ie7,  ie7 updates, ie8, ie8 updates comsume
300 mbs of disc space. Do i need all of this stuff? I don't even have IE7 on
my computer as far as I know. When I run IE(very rarely) it is IE8 that runs.
Can I safely get rid of some of this crap?

Leave it alone! Don't start ripping apart your operating system just
because you think something is "crap". Besides, 300MB is scarcely
noticeable on contemporary hard drives. If 300MB of disc space gets you
worried, you need a bigger hard drive.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

ManyBeers wrote:
> In C:\Windows these 4 folders: ie7,  ie7 updates, ie8, ie8 updates comsume
> 300 mbs of disc space. Do i need all of this stuff? I don't even have IE7 on
> my computer as far as I know. When I run IE(very rarely) it is IE8 that runs.
> Can I safely get rid of some of this crap?
-8
Leonard
1/26/2010 7:58:43 PM
Safely?

No.

Current cost of 300mbs PC storage = 30c US.

Only use the Disk Cleanup utility to regain storage space from the
hard-drives. Only use the Add/Remove Programs applet to uninstall software
applications.

Regards.

"ManyBeers" <ManyBeers@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In C:\Windows these 4 folders: ie7,  ie7 updates, ie8, ie8 updates comsume
> 300 mbs of disc space. Do i need all of this stuff? I don't even have IE7
> on
> my computer as far as I know. When I run IE(very rarely) it is IE8 that
> runs.
> Can I safely get rid of some of this crap?

-5
rob
1/26/2010 8:00:22 PM
First Rule of Computing: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

ManyBeers wrote:
> In C:\Windows these 4 folders: ie7,  ie7 updates, ie8, ie8 updates comsume
> 300 mbs of disc space. Do i need all of this stuff? I don't even have IE7
> on
> my computer as far as I know. When I run IE(very rarely) it is IE8 that
> runs. Can I safely get rid of some of this crap?

0
PA
1/26/2010 8:14:47 PM

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> First Rule of Computing: "If it ain't broke, don't fix it."
>

> ManyBeers wrote:
> > In C:\Windows these 4 folders: ie7,  ie7 updates, ie8, ie8 updates comsume
> > 300 mbs of disc space. Do i need all of this stuff? I don't even have IE7
> > on
> > my computer as far as I know. When I run IE(very rarely) it is IE8 that
> > runs. Can I safely get rid of some of this crap?

Fine, since you all feel that stronglyabout it I'll leave the crap be.
Over and out.

Auto Responder on Public Folder
Hi, I've got Ex2k3 and have a Public folder setup with an auto reply. Problem is we get a virus pretend to be from the email address the box is set to and it gets sent back as an NDR, then the box sends out an auto reply, which generates an NDR, which blah blah, or someone emails it from a box with some auto reply on it, which starts an auto loop... Is there a way i can set the number of emails it'll send to one address? or another way around the problem? Thanks Marek ...

how do you create a Windows Navigation Diagram (WND) in visio?
I am trying to create a windows navigation diagram in Visio. Does any one know how to create this diagram? If you mean a UML window navigation diagram, these are fairly simple block and arrow diagrams. You could use a basic flowchart template or simply draw it with rectangles and arrows. Have a look at www.csupomona.edu/~lcteague/Chapter%2012%20v.%201.0.ppt for ideas. HTH "bmeasmer" <bmeasmer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B912188B-A4DF-4E6A-96DA-E28AB03FB411@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a windows navigation diagram in Visio. Does an...

Windows Mail
I have Vista and I cannot seem to add my hotmail, live.com mail or Gmail so that I can download my mail into one central spot. Can you help? Windows Mail cannot access any http email accounts. However, it can access Hotmail/Live accounts via POP3, and Gmail via IMAP or POP3. Gmail: see these instructions for enabling POP and for configuring Windows Mail/Live Mail.... <a href="http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86382">http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=86382</a> <a href="http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer....

IE7-cannot set as default
Acer Extensa Notebook WIN XP Pro SP3 - nearly up to date with security updates. IE 7 + OE6 I have been given the above computer and I have been cleaning out all software etc not required. Google Chrome was the default browser with Google as home page. I have tried to set the default browser to IE7. I have been into Cont Panel/Add Remove/Set Prog Access/Custom. I could not get IE to set as default. I removed Google Chrome and although the settings in the new default show that Int Explorer is the browser with enable access, when I click to open it on the desktop or quick launch, ...

AHCI install .. windows crashes when starting during install ...
I'm trying to install the ahci driver using the original windows disk and a floppy to my intel / gigabyte mb system .. as is . due to a slight over sight . In have windows xop-pro installed with qty 2 sata drives . but running the ide drivers Ive made the driver floppy using the mb driver disk started pc, run bios set up and set sata/raid/ahci to 'ahci' - re booted booted pc off windows set up disk selected F6 At blue screen .. floppy disk - selected enter selected as per book gigabyte driver (or intel driver) driver installers..... r...

xl2003 "cannot save
Windows XP professional Windows 2003 professional Both fully updated with service packs etc as of today. Netware server Load spreadsheet 1.xls from network folder SaveAs as 2.xls to same network folder Same user logged in, same folder, try on different machines. SaveAs works on all machines except a few which give the error: "Cannot save folder marked read only" SaveAs always works on local drive Any ideas ?? I have checked out KB180257 Hi sounds more like a network issue (user access rights, etc.) and not like an Excel error. -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany iainc ...

How to build a project in Visual C++.net developed in Visual C++ 6
Hi, I am Nageshwar. I have developed a project in VC++ 6.0 and OpenGL. I have installed VC++.net in my system. When I compile and build the same code in VC++.net environment, I am getting errors. I have used fstream.h to read and write to files. But this header file is showing errors in VC++.net. I have used iostrea.h header. This is also showing erros. I think I need to use a different version of headers. Please suggest me how to recover from these errors. Which header file I have use instead of fstream.h header? etc., Thanks for all who help me.. Awaiting an early response, Nageshwar ...

Allowing Clients to Configure a Forwarding Address for a Public Folder
Hi We have a general 'enquiry' email address for our company where initial emails from clients will come to and our fax server sends desktop faxes to, this is a public folder on our server. So that faxes and emails are responded to immediately we have configured the enquiry public folder to also copy the email to the receptionist, they then get a popup message in Outlook when the email arrives. Recently our receptionist has taken on other roles and is often being covered by others for a few hours at a time, I'm getting fed up of logging into System Manager and changing thi...

Windows Mail will not open
W. Mail sends this message - "This application has requested the run time to terminate in an unusual way. - Please contact the application support team for more information." I have tried everything even going through the laborious Help procedures offered Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP Program: http://mvp.support.microsoft.com "Cymru" <Cymru@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:EA1FE199-E657-4C9F-B1BF-CF48CBDC0456@m...

change contacts folder "show names by"
I want to change the "show names by" option to "file as" for a public contact folder, just like I can for a local folder. I think it resides on the exchange server??? But do not know where to change it for a public folder - this is so it shows uo in local outlook addresss books by the "file as" option. Help! Thanks, Sam <samearle@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1140533160.657711.304900@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I want to change the "show names by" option to "file as" for a public > contact folder, just like I can ...

How can I access files in 'Personal Folders'?
Question for knowledgeable outlook folks: If I accidentally drag an email into the 'Personal Folders' node on the file tree--not into a subfolder but into Personal Folders it self-- how do I get the email? As far as I can tell it's just gone. Thanks very much for the help. Use Advanced Find on the root of the Personal Folders where you dragged the item - search for all Outlook Items. When found, drag it to the proper folder. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will ...

C: Drive documents and setting expansion
Whenever I, Right Click Start then click "Explore", I get an expansion of the my user ID folders. Now, I rarely us "Documents and Settings" and would like to have it expand differently. What do I need to change so that can happen?? Thanks.. Bruce A. Julseth wrote: > Whenever I, Right Click Start then click "Explore", I get an > expansion of the my user ID folders. Now, I rarely us "Documents and > Settings" and would like to have it expand differently. > > What do I need to change so that can happen?? 1. You could ...

Installing Dynamics GP 9 on Windows XP + SQL Server 2005 Standard
Hi, I installed Dynamics GP 9.0 on Windows XP with SQL Server 2005 Standard without problems during installation. But, when I open GP Utilities the "Server" field is blank and the combo box listing there are no servers to choose from. Or, in the other words, GP Utilities doesn´t show any server. Or again, seems that GP Utilities doesn´t care about the database... And I can´t go ahead. I´d be very glad for any help. Thanks. Marcos, You need to create an ODBC data source so that Utilities knows what server to point to - take a look at page 29 of the GP 9...

Sort Order on Order Fulfillment Window
In the sales order fulfillment window you can sort the lines items by Order Entered or Site/Bin/Item. Does the Site/Bin/Item only sort by Bin if Multi-bin is used? I am not using multi-bin but have created bin for each item in each site on the Quantities/Sites window. thanks. ...

Create timeline for 2500 B.C. to 100 B.C.?
Visio only allows me to create timeline for after 1900 AD. Can I use Visio to create a timeline for 2500 BC to 100 BC? Visio's Divided timeline has exactly what I need except I can not enter BC as the start and end time. And Visio always require end time to be greater than the start time. Any suggestion on how I can do this in Visio? You're not going to be able to use the timeline because the code is linked to the system clock (only goes back to 1900). You'll have to use the vanilla shapes that come with visio. Al "Little Black Sheep" <Little Bl...

pas de connexion sur windows mail
Comment faire pour r�initialiser le mot de passe afin d'ouvrir et prendre connaissance de mes mails/pas de probleme pour envoyer des messages ...

Windows 7 Password Recoverey
Need Windows 7 Password Recovery options so you can recover your Windows 7 password? If you need to get your Windows 7 password recovered, then I will help you to do this. I will help you to do this by giving you the best Windows 7 password recovery options. This way, you'll be able to recover your Windows 7 password on the easiest, fastest and safest way. the best way to recover your Windows 7 password is by using a Windows 7 Password Recovery program. This way, you'll be able to automatically recover a Windows 7 password. The program is called Password Resetter, and It...

Folder client permission problems
Hi, I have an interesting problem regarding folder permission on a Public Folder. There is a folder under All Public Folders that when bringing up the properties, through Outlook, and going to the Summary tab the person is a Reviewer. But in ESM going to the properties of this folder and view Client Permissions on the Permissions tab shows the person being an Owner, which I want.All folder copies are in Sync. How can I get Outlook 2003 to get the correct client permissions for this folder, or is it within Exchange? Regards, Andrew Are you sure that Oulook is looking at the same re...

Windows update installation problem under Windows 7 64 bit
This morning I noticed a message in the Action Center saying that there had been a "Windows Update installation problem" dated two days ago. A Windows update did not install properly, it said. I checked my system and application logs for the past week and found no error messages. I checked Windows Update history and I did an update for Internet Explorer 8 on 1/23, two days earlier, that it said completed successfully. I do see there is an Internet Explorer 8 update to be installed.still and am assuming that must be *again*? So I am confused. Do I have a problem or not? How do...

CRM 1.2 Install, Windows 2003 and Security Service
Hi, anyone know why when I install CRM1.2 on Windows 2003 Server I get an error with the MSCrm Security Service, The exact error is as follows Setup was unable to unregister the security service. I have search everywhere for this problem with no luck thanks in advance Brian Corbett ------=_NextPart_0001_0819F6A1 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Brian, I have seen this happening when CRM and SQL run on the same machine. In order to fix this try the following steps: 1. Log in to your CRM server as Domain admin and under CMD prompt. 2. Type cd Progr...

Windows 7 fails configuring updates
Windows 7 fails configuring updates OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit Antivirus: Avira AntiVir Personal RaZ123121 wrote: > Windows 7 fails configuring updates > OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit > Antivirus: Avira AntiVir Personal All updates or a specific one ? When did this issue start to occur ? Click the Start orb > type the following in the Search field windowsupdate.log Under Programs, click on windowsupdate.log Scroll all the way to the bottom of the log for the most recent entries. Copy and paste at least the last 50 or so lines of the log into your repl...

Ability to Print from ZOOM window
Is there a way to print from the payables distribution zoom window??? You can print from the PM Trx Entry screen but it does not show you distribution so if you click distribution there is no way to print that screen. Can someone help me?? thanks barb Your best bet would be to modify the report to include the distributions. "BK" wrote: > > Is there a way to print from the payables distribution zoom window??? You > can print from the PM Trx Entry screen but it does not show you distribution > so if you click distribution there is no way to print that screen...

The Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool
Where do I locate on my computer the "The Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool "? Sol Do a search for MRT.exe . It should be in your System32 folder -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "S1L1Y1" <s1l1y1@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23cI5JAbeKHA.6000@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Where do I locate on my computer the "The Microsoft Windows Malicious Software > Removal Tool "? > Sol > Thank You. Now how ...

Setup FTP folder
How to setup FTP folder on Exchange server 5.5 that people can log on to get files from server. Thanks "Kelvin" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How to setup FTP folder on Exchange server 5.5 that people >can log on to get files from server. > >Thanks Exchange Server isn't an FTP server. You'd be better looking to do that with IIS. Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm & http:http://www.swinc.com/resource/e2kfaq.htm ...

importing mail into windows mail from windows mail on an old pc
How do i import all my mail, folders and contact details into my new windows mai from an old one? If you want to back up all aspects of Windows Mail, including account settings, rules, etc. use this free third party utility: http://www.staticbackup.com/windows-mail-backup/ http://www.staticbackup.com/products.htm#swmbf It does not transfer contacts, but you can easily copy and paste the folder C:\Users\username\Contacts. =20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "eddie" <eddie@allianc...