Back button doesn't work in Windows 7

New computer loaded with Windows 7.  The back button doesn't work most of
the time.  Fix?

Thanks,

Rick Morrison

0
Rick

"Rick Morrison" <rlmorrison@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> New computer loaded with Windows 7.  The back button doesn't work most of
> the time.  Fix?

Back button works fine on Windows 7 on my home PC. What 3rd party toolbars
have you got loaded? Google? Yahoo? Anything else?

The only time the back button doesn't seem to work is when there is an
intermediate redirection page, so when you click back you are returned to
the URL that redirects to the page you were on again. If you use the little
drop down arrow next to the buttons you can skip back 2 pages to work around
this. Not a lot the browser can do about this - the back button just takes
you back to the previous URL, if that happens to be a redirection then it
will kick in again.

--
Dan

0
Dan
1/19/2010 1:39:58 PM
It works fine in a private browsing session but not in a normal session.

"Dan" <news@worldofspack.com> wrote in message

> "Rick Morrison" <rlmorrison@earthlink.net> wrote in message
>> New computer loaded with Windows 7.  The back button doesn't work most of
>> the time.  Fix?
>
> Back button works fine on Windows 7 on my home PC. What 3rd party toolbars
> have you got loaded? Google? Yahoo? Anything else?
>
> The only time the back button doesn't seem to work is when there is an
> intermediate redirection page, so when you click back you are returned to
> the URL that redirects to the page you were on again. If you use the
> little drop down arrow next to the buttons you can skip back 2 pages to
> work around this. Not a lot the browser can do about this - the back
> button just takes you back to the previous URL, if that happens to be a
> redirection then it will kick in again.
>
> --
> Dan

0
Rick
1/19/2010 9:32:08 PM
See either of these long-running discussions in IE forum:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/thread/023576dc-51a8-4983-ac7e-e073eb5576ca

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/InternetExplorer/thread/96e69012-63c5-410d-96ee-e35c6640d319

Rick Morrison wrote:
> New computer loaded with Windows 7.  The back button doesn't work most of
> the time.  Fix?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rick Morrison

0
PA

Get pointer to parent of parent (2 levels back)
My application is dialog-based. The App creates a dialog. The dialog creates a property sheet. The property sheet creates 4 property pages. The dialog opens a file. I want the property pages to be able to write to the file. How can I get access back to that file pointer? I found m_pParentWnd in the Property Page. But, I can't go back like this m_pParentWnd->m_pParentWnd to get two levels back. I thought about passing the pointer to the CFile in via the contructors of the dialog, then to the sheet, then to the pages but I am not sure how to do that either. Any help is greatly app...

how do i format a newsletter hyperlink so it works in email
I created a print publication of a newsletter (2 pages) and want to email it to clients. On the first page, within the text, there is a tab that says Details. I tried to create a hyperlink so that it goes to the 2nd page of the newsletter. When I try to send it as an email, the Details tab does not work. It does not go the 2nd page of the newsletter. How can I get the link to work Make page one double length and put both pages on it. -- Don Vancouver USA "Nance" <Nance@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7F5B416D-ECF0-4F62-B0AB-CD5FE9B7C65D@microso...

Microsoft Access was unable to create the Database window
I tried to convert a database created in Access 2002 to Access 2000. When trying to open the 2000 file on a machine with Access 2000, I get the error message: "Microsoft Access was unable to create the Database window. Please upgrade to a newer version of Microsoft Internet Explorer" I have upgraded internet explorer & I still get the same message. Any suggestions? "Joanna" <joanna@dpd.org> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:021f01c3926e$084dcc40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I tried to convert a database created in Access 2002 to > Access 2000. When trying t...

Window Mail 12-09-09
How can I backup my Window Mails and upgrade to Window 7 and use them in Win 7? Thanks, Gary If all else fails, Get out that old pencil and paper, copy all the addresses and install them into Windows 7 "Gary" <gary.liu@star-light.com.hk> wrote in message news:86D89095-671A-4ECC-A850-989ABD0A3F18@microsoft.com... > How can I backup my Window Mails and upgrade to Window 7 and use them in > Win 7? > > Thanks, > Gary Upgrade to Windows Live Mail before you upgrade to Windows 7. http://download.live.com/wlmail=20 It will import all your ...

NAI Spamkiller not Working
Hi We have installed NAI Spamkiller trial on our Groupshield / Exchange 2k3 server. The policy is configured on the gateway but does not even forward the basic spam keywords into the users junkmail folder. We have IMF installed, would this be the problem? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks B On Sun, 19 Feb 2006 13:03:26 -0000, "Ben" <Ben@Newsgroups.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >We have installed NAI Spamkiller trial on our Groupshield / Exchange 2k3 >server. > >The policy is configured on the gateway but does not even forward the basic &...

Getting HTML back out of XML
I'm having a hell of a time figuring this out. ;o) OK, thanks to Oleg, I finally figured out how to get XHTML in my XML by using writeRaw to get it to not encode the XHTML going in. However, I can't get it back out. I'm transforming my XML using XSLT: Dim trasformedXML As New System.IO.StringWriter xslt.Transform(doc, Nothing, trasformedXML, Nothing) lbl_rulesText.Text = trasformedXML.ToString The element that also has XHTML in it is transformed SANS the HTML tags. <xsl:value-of select="text" /> That's returning the text of the node, but none of the HTML ...

Exchange problem #7
I have a person that send mail from usersname@verizon.net that keeps getting stuck in Local delivery queue!!! There are 4 emails in it right now to 3 different people with my org!! Why is this happening!! everything on MS site doesnt seem to apply!! thanks so they never get delivered? does the sender ever receive an NDR on the message? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Kidem" <jason.martina@gmail.com> wrote in message news:#I7TQqANGHA.2644@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have a person that send mail from usersname@verizon.net that keeps getting > stuck in Local delivery qu...

Backing up Notes in Outlook
I found the toy that transfers Notes in Outlook to OneNote. Is there any other way to back up one's notes other than making a backup of the outlook.pst file? thank you for any help or suggestions Jerry "jer&liz" <jerliz@home> wrote in message news:eQBTNYi8HHA.5404@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I found the toy that transfers Notes in Outlook to OneNote. Is there any >other way to back up one's notes other than making a backup of the >outlook.pst file? No, not unless you're using an Exchange Server. Well, you could manually copy the notes to a diff...

Cannot Read Saved Document from Works From Other Computer
I am trying to save Microsoft Works documents from my one computer which has a Windows ME operating system onto a disc that I can open on another computer which has a Windows XP operating system. When I try to open the files, I get an error message stating that Works cannot open the file, that it may be in use by another application, the file format may not be supported by any of the installation converters, or the file may be corrupt. I have tried renaming the file but this doesn't work. The file extension is already a .wps one so I don't think there is any conflict with the...

POS button to set salesperson
I need a custom POS button to set the salesperson to a specific value. Every transaction that is run thru our Register One has the same sales person each time, so having to go Control-Shift-Stand on one foot-Turn around twice-push F18-select from the list for each customer checking out is way too much time wasted. Does someone have the code written out for that already or is it very complicated to do? Would be nice if I could have a macro with a sendkeys type function. Shift-F8 will set the sales rep for the transaction. You can also configure POS to require sales rep selection, whic...

PreTranslateMessage wont work for CListBox in dynamically loaded DLL
Hi there. I have a DLL where I have a CDialog derived window where is CListBox derived class. On that class I override PreTranslateMessage. Ok. I load this library dynamicallyby in my application by calling LoadLibrary. And this damn PreTranslateMessage is not called at all! First I set a breakpoint there. But then tried to put a MessageBox inside this method since I was thinking that my debugger probably could be broken. Ok. The same CListBox derived class I use in the main application also and there PreTranslateMessage is working fine. Is there some known problems with deriving this ...

buttons
How do you put a button on a worksheet in Excell XP? I searched Help & all it gives is the way to put a button on a toolbar. What kind of button? You can insert a button that will run a macro from the Forms toolbar tj Just to add to tjtjjtjt's answer: You can do View|toolbars and show the Forms toolbar and the Control toolbox toolbar. Each of these has a button that you can drop on a worksheet--but they behave differently. If you use the controltoolbox commandbutton, you can double click on that button and put your code inside that procedure that appears. If you use the but...

Pivot Table #7
I have a large amount of data (7000 rows) which I am putting in a PivotTable to analyse. One column is a date column which I would like to group,(by month, quarter, year) but because many of the dates are different they do not all fit onto the PivotTable display. I get the message "PivotTable will not fit on sheet. Show as much as possible". I then find that I can not group the data. Is it because all the data is not displayed? I always get the message - can not group that selection. There are no gaps in the dates and I have sorted them into date order. Is there any w...

How to get BCC line back into my email as a default
I have just reinstalled my O/S (2000 Pro) and lost a lot of my settings. I can't find out how to get the BCC line back into my email format and I would like that set as the default for all my email correspondence. Also am unsure how to put a VCard signature into my email - had it all set up before, but can't remember how I did it. Thanks! MuckyBeast <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have just reinstalled my O/S (2000 Pro) and lost a lot > of my settings. I can't find out how to get the BCC line > back into my email format and I would like tha...

"Change Mode" button greyed out....
Why would it be greyed out? Running AD in 2000 Native mode. Ex2k3 on W2k3. The only problem I can see possibly is that and old Ex55 server exists in the group - but it's not running - and I can't get it removed.... you won't be able to change mode until that old 5.5 server is gone... "Paul MacFarlane" <pmacfarlane@mullenlaw.com> wrote in message news:uwFHuYWiFHA.328@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Why would it be greyed out? > > Running AD in 2000 Native mode. > Ex2k3 on W2k3. > > The only problem I can see possibly is that and old Ex55 server ex...

Messages not reaching recipients or bouncing back
1 user has found this week that all mail she has sent have simply disappeared! Emails sent to a variety of destination email addresses - no bouncebacks, but none have been received. We investigated & found this to be true. Test messages are definitely leaving our server, and at least arriving at the mail server that we forward to (though they have not been able to confirm that they have left that server). This is what we've tried so far:- 1) We virus-checked the user's PC - none found - virus definitions up to date & we have good firewall + rules to prevent users rec...

back up restore
Hi- I have made back up, how do i restore (rms1.2)? thanks in SO Administrator, Database/Create This creates a new DB instance from your backup file. You will either have to choose a different DB name than the existing database, or DROP the database by using Query/New first. -- Glenn Adams Tiber Creek Consulting http://www.tibercreek.com glenn@tibercreek.com ---------------------------------------------- Please DO NOT respond to me directly but post all responses here in the newsgroup so that all can share the information "bh" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Access to Money file from laptop & desktop not working anymore
I had Money 2005 Premium and it allowed me to synchronize/access my Money file from my laptop when I was travelling and through my desktop when I was at home. A message popped up in Money 05 that says my 2 years of online access was over and that I needed to upgrade to continue synchronizing/sharing file access. So I purchase Money Plus Premium and installed it on both computers. Now I am not able to "share" the info between laptop & desktop. I also noticed that Money Plus it is not synchonizing anymore after I close Money program like it use to with Money 05. The only re...

Double clicking excel in windows explorer
Hello, I'm using Office XP and when I double click an excel file in windows explorer, it shows a blank screen and toolbars only. But when using file, open, then it's okay. I also happens in my word documents. Any ideas? Thanks andre ...

backing up to cd #3
I'm trying to back-up my Microsoft Money file to a CD. However whenever I try it I get the message "You do not have permission to open this file. See the owner of the file or an administrator to obtain permission." (I am the owner). I am using Money 98. PLEASE HELP! I don't wan't to lose this information when I plug in my new upgraded computer, so I have to save the file. Terri. In microsoft.public.money, Terri Benshoof wrote: >I'm trying to back-up my Microsoft Money file to a CD. >However whenever I try it I get the message "You ...

Sync button doesn't do anything....
Hi, I've recently switched from OE on XP to Windows Live Mail on Windows 7, and am struggling a lot with configuring WLM to work the same way the OE did. I've imported all my accounts and settings, however, the one thing that I just can't seem to get to work properly is the Sync button functionality. All my accounts are IMAP accounts, and I have disabled the "Send messages immediately" feature. When I compose a new email, I see it in the Outbox. However, when I click on the Sync button in the toolbar, nothing happens. The activity window shows no Ta...

How to handle the click event for a button?
Hi, guys I create a radio button using mRadLevel = new CButton mRadLevel->Create(_T("Beginner"), WS_CHILD | WS_VISIBLE | BS_RADIOBUTTON, CRect( 20, 20, 100, 100), this, 10) where mRadLevel is a member variable in class BXFList (derived from COleControl) Now, if a user clicks on this radio button, where do I handle this event? Using OnClick Message in ClassWizard for class BXFList (it does not sound right to me) Any help and sample codes will be appreciated very much ...

XsltArgumentList not working with ASP:XML control
Hi all. This one is really getting to me now, I'm using the <asp:xml web server control and I'm trying to use the XsltArgument list to add a custom class so that I can do some formatting in the XSL style sheet. however each time it complains that the prefix "util" could not be found, any ideas???????? bloody thing is driving me mad code snippet: Dim xslArg As Xml.Xsl.XsltArgumentList = New Xml.Xsl.XsltArgumentList Dim util As Object = New test1 xslArg.AddExtensionObject("urn:util", util) xmlGridData.DocumentContent = ds.GetXml xmlGridData.TransformArgument...

SBS4.5 crashed a while back!!
We have been asked to get involved with retrieving some emails from a EDB backup. The situation is: Server was SBS4.5 running Exchange 5.5. We have the PRIV.EDB and PUB.EDB, but we do not know what the site, organisation names etc. were. Are there any tools that can extract this information for us - we are hoping (and praying!!) to be able to install Exchange 5.5. with the correct details and then restore the EDB files and do a isinteg -patch and see if that gets us going. Any advice greatly appreciated. There are a few pre-requists here. Org name, Site name and Service pack level for...

Backing up Contacts
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_02AC_01CAFAC7.03F51630 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I am able to back up all my e-mails and settings except my Contacts, which has all my friends and family e-mail address. Can anyone tell me how to back up my contacts in Outlook 2003? I would appreciate it if you could CC my e-mail address as well as the newsgroups. Thank You. ______________ David C. Stevens 14 Broadview Avenue Berlin, New Jersey 08009-1618 E-Mail : dcms61@verizon.net and/o...