Adobe Flash and/or javascript problems in IE8

I am pretty sure that my "explorers" (I use many different computers with
IE8) are reporting every bit of hangs that I am suffering on a daily basis. I
am also sure that lots of people at Miscrosoft are looking at error reports
and are fully aware of hangs (I can't be just me).
For that reason I can't believe that as of today they (you) haven't reached
a common solution for all of those problems. As I said they are far too
common and not related to a specific site or sites.
So please, raise a little bit your game and find a solution quick, I don't
want to use Firefox or Chrome, I don't like them.

Come on, guys!

P.s.: Adobe is killing you!

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?mid=c611bdfa-3570-43df-bb93-f8d8a3f2111b&dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

Hi Wellhung,

We are not Microsoft. Just hapless community volunteers.  I believe that MS
receives some 50Gb of error reports a day and I know that they are up to the
task of monitoring and correcting issues that occur with their software.
(eg. Windows 7 has all the bells and whistles to correct incompatibility
issues automatically).

Microsoft have a competing product to Flash, Silverlight. You can always
remove Adobe products from your machine and be done with it (no Flash Ads,
some streaming 'videos' will not play etc...) and install Silverlight to
only view some of the newer web sites (MSN Video, some Youtube, some AOL
videos) that have taken the new platform on. You can disable the Shockwave
Flash object from the IE Addons Manager to block it in IE, and then use
another browser to view your sites that use it. (this may not block all
'Flash' though).

Adobe has nothing to do with us here. We are volunteers and have no
influence or affiliations with Microsoft or Adobe. Adobe Flash is over 10
years old. All software eventually goes to bit heaven. Software product
lifecycles are usually 3 years, closely matching hardware improvements and
depreciation rates.

Regards.

"Notung" <Notung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I am pretty sure that my "explorers" (I use many different computers with
> IE8) are reporting every bit of hangs that I am suffering on a daily
> basis. I
> am also sure that lots of people at Miscrosoft are looking at error
> reports
> and are fully aware of hangs (I can't be just me).
> For that reason I can't believe that as of today they (you) haven't
> reached
> a common solution for all of those problems. As I said they are far too
> common and not related to a specific site or sites.
> So please, raise a little bit your game and find a solution quick, I don't
> want to use Firefox or Chrome, I don't like them.
>
> Come on, guys!
>
> P.s.: Adobe is killing you!
>

> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?mid=c611bdfa-3570-43df-bb93-f8d8a3f2111b&dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

0
rob
1/17/2010 12:57:01 AM
"Notung" <Notung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am pretty sure that my "explorers" (I use many different computers with
> IE8) are reporting every bit of hangs that I am suffering on a daily
> basis. I
> am also sure that lots of people at Miscrosoft are looking at error
> reports
> and are fully aware of hangs (I can't be just me).
> For that reason I can't believe that as of today they (you) haven't
> reached
> a common solution for all of those problems. As I said they are far too
> common and not related to a specific site or sites.
> So please, raise a little bit your game and find a solution quick, I don't
> want to use Firefox or Chrome, I don't like them.
>
> Come on, guys!
>
> P.s.: Adobe is killing you!

Adobe? They have a browser?

0
Jeff
1/17/2010 1:18:49 AM
WTF are you talking about?

Notung wrote:
> I am pretty sure that my "explorers" (I use many different computers with
> IE8) are reporting every bit of hangs that I am suffering on a daily
> basis.
> I am also sure that lots of people at Miscrosoft are looking at error
> reports and are fully aware of hangs (I can't be just me).
> For that reason I can't believe that as of today they (you) haven't
> reached
> a common solution for all of those problems. As I said they are far too
> common and not related to a specific site or sites.
> So please, raise a little bit your game and find a solution quick, I don't
> want to use Firefox or Chrome, I don't like them.
>
> Come on, guys!
>
> P.s.: Adobe is killing you!

0
PA
1/17/2010 5:32:20 AM
It good to see Silverlight  for Adobe is for the bards  _|_   _|_

> Hi Wellhung,
>
> We are not Microsoft. Just hapless community volunteers.  I believe that
> MS receives some 50Gb of error reports a day and I know that they are up
> to the task of monitoring and correcting issues that occur with their
> software. (eg. Windows 7 has all the bells and whistles to correct
> incompatibility issues automatically).
>
> Microsoft have a competing product to Flash, Silverlight. You can always
> remove Adobe products from your machine and be done with it (no Flash Ads,
> some streaming 'videos' will not play etc...) and install Silverlight to
> only view some of the newer web sites (MSN Video, some Youtube, some AOL
> videos) that have taken the new platform on. You can disable the Shockwave
> Flash object from the IE Addons Manager to block it in IE, and then use
> another browser to view your sites that use it. (this may not block all
> 'Flash' though).
>

> Adobe has nothing to do with us here. We are volunteers and have no
> influence or affiliations with Microsoft or Adobe. Adobe Flash is over 10
> years old. All software eventually goes to bit heaven. Software product
> lifecycles are usually 3 years, closely matching hardware improvements and
> depreciation rates.
>
> Regards.
>
> "Notung" <Notung@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I am pretty sure that my "explorers" (I use many different computers with
>> IE8) are reporting every bit of hangs that I am suffering on a daily
>> basis. I
>> am also sure that lots of people at Miscrosoft are looking at error
>> reports
>> and are fully aware of hangs (I can't be just me).
>> For that reason I can't believe that as of today they (you) haven't
>> reached
>> a common solution for all of those problems. As I said they are far too
>> common and not related to a specific site or sites.
>> So please, raise a little bit your game and find a solution quick, I
>> don't
>> want to use Firefox or Chrome, I don't like them.
>>
>> Come on, guys!
>>
>> P.s.: Adobe is killing you!
>>

>> ----------------
>> "I
>> this
>> then
>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/list/en-us/default.aspx?mid=c611bdfa-3570-43df-bb93-f8d8a3f2111b&dg=microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general

0
Hot
1/20/2010 8:00:37 AM
Typical PA Bear response... He is undoubtedly the worst MS MVP in Newsgroups.
His responses are either redundant, confusing and like this one, a
non-response
using bad language. With all the problems associated with IE not being able to
open Flash programs without installing Flash/Acitve X each time, he knows
exactly what this poster is talking about. He doesn't have an answer so uses
a condescending remark whish is no help as a reply..  I think the MS in his
case stands for "MOST STUPID"

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> WTF are you talking about?
>
> Notung wrote:
> > I am pretty sure that my "explorers" (I use many different computers with
> > IE8) are reporting every bit of hangs that I am suffering on a daily
> > basis.
> > I am also sure that lots of people at Miscrosoft are looking at error
> > reports and are fully aware of hangs (I can't be just me).
> > For that reason I can't believe that as of today they (you) haven't
> > reached
> > a common solution for all of those problems. As I said they are far too
> > common and not related to a specific site or sites.
> > So please, raise a little bit your game and find a solution quick, I don't
> > want to use Firefox or Chrome, I don't like them.
> >
> > Come on, guys!
> >
> > P.s.: Adobe is killing you!
>
> .

Bite me!

Perspicacity wrote:
> Typical PA Bear response... He is undoubtedly the worst MS MVP in
> Newsgroups. His responses are either redundant, confusing and like this
> one, a non-response
> using bad language. With all the problems associated with IE not being
> able
> to open Flash programs without installing Flash/Acitve X each time, he
> knows
> exactly what this poster is talking about. He doesn't have an answer so
> uses
> a condescending remark whish is no help as a reply..  I think the MS in
> his
> case stands for "MOST STUPID"
>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> WTF are you talking about?
>>
>> Notung wrote:
>>> I am pretty sure that my "explorers" (I use many different computers
>>> with
>>> IE8) are reporting every bit of hangs that I am suffering on a daily
>>> basis.
>>> I am also sure that lots of people at Miscrosoft are looking at error
>>> reports and are fully aware of hangs (I can't be just me).
>>> For that reason I can't believe that as of today they (you) haven't
>>> reached
>>> a common solution for all of those problems. As I said they are far too
>>> common and not related to a specific site or sites.
>>> So please, raise a little bit your game and find a solution quick, I
>>> don't
>>> want to use Firefox or Chrome, I don't like them.
>>>
>>> Come on, guys!
>>>
>>> P.s.: Adobe is killing you!
>>
>> .

0
PA
1/22/2010 12:53:27 AM
The latest flash/IE issue happened to me (Windows Ultimate 64) and I had to
uninstall 10r42_34 and go back to 10r32_18. It was the same issue as 3 times
before over a 2 year period. That is, flash causes explorer to stop
responding and the error is in the flash ocx.
<fwiw>
Tony

> Bite me!
>
> Perspicacity wrote:
>> Typical PA Bear response... He is undoubtedly the worst MS MVP in
>> Newsgroups. His responses are either redundant, confusing and like this
>> one, a non-response
>> using bad language. With all the problems associated with IE not being
>> able
>> to open Flash programs without installing Flash/Acitve X each time, he
>> knows
>> exactly what this poster is talking about. He doesn't have an answer so
>> uses
>> a condescending remark whish is no help as a reply..  I think the MS in
>> his
>> case stands for "MOST STUPID"
>>

>> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>>
>>> WTF are you talking about?

>>> .

0
Tony
1/22/2010 2:04:50 PM
Contact Adobe Support.

cf. http://www.adobe.com/support/security/bulletins/apsb09-19.html

cf. http://www.adobe.com/support/security/bulletins/apsb10-03.html

Tony Linguini wrote:
> The latest flash/IE issue happened to me (Windows Ultimate 64) and I had
> uninstall 10r42_34 and go back to 10r32_18. It was the same issue as 3
> times
> before over a 2 year period. That is, flash causes explorer to stop
> responding and the error is in the flash ocx.
> <fwiw>

0
PA
1/22/2010 8:59:58 PM
Hey PA Bear You are Most Awesome as MS MVP Good Advice! Contact Support! I
have been playing around with this one and what I have found out so far is
that adobe has added some nasty script to block hackers. That what microsoft
actually got blamed for was secretly adobe. Problem is there is no fix for
people running certain browers like windows 8 as of yet. You can read about
it in the adobe forums. I have seen that in windows 8 it has somehow disabled
javascript but if you do it very carefully but clicking on the actual site
and then doing refresh you can enable some of it just not all. It is
definately a work in progress. Love ya PA Bear!
--
GIANT CHOCOLATE CANDY BAR FOR REWARD: FOR ANY INFORMATION LEADING TO THE
JERK WHO WROTE THE ANTIMALWARE VIRUS I''M LOOKING FOR HIM. HE HURT MY

Mary wrote:

> Hey PA Bear You are Most Awesome as MS MVP Good Advice! Contact Support! I
> have been playing around with this one and what I have found out so far is
> that adobe has added some nasty script to block hackers. That what microsoft
> actually got blamed for was secretly adobe. Problem is there is no fix for
> people running certain browers like windows 8 as of yet. You can read about
> it in the adobe forums. I have seen that in windows 8 it has somehow disabled
> javascript but if you do it very carefully but clicking on the actual site
> and then doing refresh you can enable some of it just not all. It is
> definately a work in progress. Love ya PA Bear!

Maybe more users will dump Adobe Reader and move to another PDF viewer, like
PDF-Xchange.
0
VanguardLH

Mailbox quota problem
I mistakenly set the mailbox quota for a user's Exchange 2000 mailbox so that it would prevent them from sending and receiving mail if the mailbox was greater than 100 kb. (I had intended it to be 100 mb) On realizing my mistake, I immediately reset the limit to 100 mb Unfortunately, the user in question has been unable to send and receive mail since They tried emptying their mailbox (so that it would be less than 100 kb), but this hasn't helped Any ideas? ...

Signature block format problem
I have created a signature block (in HTML message format) which works well when I compose an email. The problem occurs when replying to an email. When I reply to an email, the sig block is distorted. For instance extra lines are added and the blue huperlinks dissapear which requires me to edit the sig block everytime I reply. A couple of times when I replied the sig block was not distorted and I believe this had to do with the message format I received (HTML?). Anybody know a solution to this frustrating problem? Thanks! Create your signature block using Outlook Rich Text as the mess...

Subtract date problem
Hi there, I'm using SSRS 2008 I have period end like 1/19/2010 field and I want to generate -5 days (seperate textbox) from it like 1/15 1/16 1/17 1/18 1/19 I try =MyFileld.value - 1 and I got an error How do I sbtract day fron date field? I did also Month(myfield.value)&"/"&Day(myfield.value)-1 it works but this is not woks allways. Thanks Hi Oded > I have period end like 1/19/2010 field and I want to generate -5 days > (seperate textbox) from it like > 1/15 1/16 1/17 1/18 1/19 Is not that possible to do on the server side ,mean...

Problem with Remote Desktop Control and Excel
I have some Excel files at my work which I like to save on my local disk. Normally this goes well with "Save as" and then choosing my Macintosh disk. But with some files I get an error: Disk is full. Those files have a logo inside the Worksheet. When I compress the picture I can save the file on my disk as well. But it is all about sizes of 103 kb (uncompressed) and 34 kb (compressed) in this gigabyte age! So what is wrong with the logo? -- To mail me: look closely to my address ...

How do I print an entire workbook w/diff orientatns to Adobe PDF?
I'm trying to print to PDF an entire workbook that has different orientations (landscape/portrait) on each worksheet. It keeps asking to save each time the orientation changes so I end up having to combine the documents in the end. Is there any way to 'print' / convert the entire workbook in one go? Thank you. ...

CComboBox problem #2
I have a perfectly fine working application (Ap1). And a 2nd application (Ap2), that i want to use one of the dialogs from Ap1 one in. So I copied the relevant data from Ap1.rc to Ap2.rc. Plus the class files for the dialog from Ap1. (i'm not sure of the correct way to copy over a dialog). Anyway, things appeared to be working fine.. Until in OnInitDlg() ((CComboBox*)GetDlgItem(IDC_FIXANG1))->SetCurSel(0); There is an unhandled exception: _AFXWIN_INLINE int CComboBox::SetCurSel(int nSelect) { ASSERT(::IsWindow(m_hWnd)); return (int)::SendMessage(m_hWnd, CB_SETCURSEL, nSelect, 0); ...

QS2000 Auto-Increment Customer account number problem
I have a customer that is running QS2000, version 3.01N, and has for years had the option set in the INI file to auto-increment the account number when adding a new customer. Suddenly, a few weeks ago, the auto-increment stopped working and all the system will do now is try to assign the last new number that it assigned (and yes, it is assigned to a valid customer). I can't find anywhere in the tables where a "last new number used" is stored. I would appreciate any ideas on how to fix this so that it will start assigning the correct numbers again. I have already tried to repair ...

Problem adding items to Price List
When trying to add items to a price list, a product is selected from the list and then when attempting to enter a value in the UNIT field, a message appears: "You need to select a Product first." As far as I can tell, this is an endless loop and the price list cannot contain any items. Thanks for any help. ya, the product and pricing is not very intuitive AT ALL..........took me a while to figure out what was the exact process (not a straight line!)..... Make sure the product you're adding is properly filled out. Does it have a default unit? Also check your unit group, mak...

Data Migration Framework problems
Hi, Sorry to post this again, but I've been looking all over trying to solve this problem but no luck. I'm trying to migrate some data (Accounts, Contacts and Activities) to MS CRM 3.0 using the Data Migration Framework. I succeeded in migrating the Accounts and Contacts and just over 600 out of about 7000 activities (the activities are simple tasks associated with the accounts). I noticed that all the non-migrated activities have status set to "Completed". Moreover, when I change the status of those records to "In Progress" (just to test) some of them succeed. Doe...

Problems with images in email signatures
Our marketing dept. has requested that all employees use a html signature file that contains the company logo with a link to the website. However, lots of users are reporting that the image link shows up broken every once in a while and upon inspection I have noticed that outlook is changing the image link by adding outbind://35/ to the src attribute. The image link is an absolute URL that references a public web server so accessibility shouldn't be a problem. Anyone know a solution to this problem? Thanks Jason ...

Outlook 2007 Search Problem
I work at the Help Desk for a University. A client has called complaining that recently Outlook 2007's search bar started returning "bad results." For instance, if she searches for Smith, she'll get e- mails that were sent to Smith, or have Smith in the body, but not e- mails that are FROM Smith. She used to get better results. I pointed her to the advanced search feature (available in a sub-menu, or available right there when Instant Search is installed), and showed her how to search specific fields. She's still not satisfied, though. It used to work, she claims, and sh...

OWA
I have two front end servers with a NLB host name as Mail Two FE servers are members of this NLB I have one cluster exchange server Problem :- If I reboot one of the cluster servers then OWA stop working if I try to access using NLB host name But if I try direcly connecting my OWA to FE1 or FE2 then OWA works If I restart NLB then the NLB host can open OWA Anyone know what could be wrong ? ...

Exponential trend-line equation problem
Hello, I have made a exponential graph of below data set: x y 0,90498 14294225 0,88252 14361091 0,91054 14392452 0,89546 14463203 0,90225 14535720 0,93918 14754041 0,93624 14812708 0,92533 14922256 0,94256 15000374 0,94681 15049871 0,93819 15051332 0,93495 15188711 0,95299 15425517 The equation I get is: y = 6E+06e0,950x Microsoft (http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel-help/add-change-or- remove-a-trendline-in-a-chart-HP010007461.aspx) states that the exponential equation is written on this form: y = c*e^b*x where c and b are constants and e is the base of the ...

problem with report
hi all, i'm using the "insertion model" of ADO.NET to see my reports. this model is the desconnected model of NET. i have to create a dataset object (visual dataset schema), base my report on it and after: a form with a crystalreportviewer, configure its property "reportSource" this method requires code which fills the dataset of our SQL's data and pass it to our report with the "setdatasource" method. i haven't any problem with one table but when i try it with several tables, it's imposible have you got any idea? thanks a lot for your inter...

Interesting problem
I am using Outlook Express 6. I closed it. I installed Outlook XP, loaded it up, went to File -> Import and Export. I picked "Import Internet Mail and Addresses" -> Next -> I see only "Outlook Express 4.x, 5" Nothing about version 6, but I picked it anyway -> Next -> and then finally Finish. It started to import all of my emails and address book to Outlook. When it was done, I can see that *most* e-mails are added correctly, but a few of them has the today date. Received: Sun 11/01/2004 11:23 When I open the e-mail, it's showing the correct date, w...

ISA 2006-CRM Reports problem
Hi, we successfully upgrade CRM 3.0 to CRM 4.0. The migration was without any problems, everything is working fine. We configured IFD and we published CRM 4.0 through ISA 2006, CRM Web Access and MS Outlook CRM client is working but we have problems with CRM Reports. I received the error: Error Code: 500 Internal Server Error. The request was rejected by the HTTP filter. (12217). I read on MS Support Site that I have to uncheck “Verify normalization” and “Block high bit characters” on HTTPS listener on the Web published Rule o ISA Server. I did that but now I’m receiving another err...

Problem with printing continuous feed checks
Does anyone have experience with printing continuous feed checks? When the last check prints it printer does not "line feed" sufficiently for me to tear off the last check. I have been using Parsons Moneycounts for 13 years and it works flawlessly. The only problem is that, since it was invented pre-internet, it cannot download data from financial institutions. I figured I would move on the Money (or Quicken) to make use of the latest technology, but if I can't tear off my last check I'm not sure I like the trade off. Moneycounts has enough "line feeds" at the ...

#Name problem
While retriving data from a plugin. Instead of calculated values #Name appears in all cells. Thanks for the help Add-in? If the function is not available, it returns the #NAME? error ...Make sure you have installed and load the add-in and also you have spelled the function correctly. -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "Senthil Ganesh" wrote: > While retriving data from a plugin. Instead of calculated values #Name > appears in all cells. > Thanks for the help ...

Problem access variable in On Format
Hi, I'm using Access via Office XP Pro. I am trying to format the Zip Code on the detail line of my report. I have tried the following lines of code in both the On Format event and the On Print event: If len([PostalCode]) > 5 Then : : end if or if len(Me.PostalCode) > 5 Then : : end if In both events and either code, I receive the error message: Access can't find the field 'PostalCode' referred to in your expression. If I put "PostalCode" as the source of the report's control...

Problem with spreadsheet
First and foremost, I'd like to thank the admins of this forum fo providing a place to discuss excel. It's a great forum !! I do have a problem however. I am in the midst of creating an excel spreadsheet that will have 52 pages (1 page/week) Now there will be several columns and rows with weekly statistics and year to date statistics. What I need to do is learn how to creat 52 separate pages within this worksheet (let's say for argument sake name each page the date..i.e -Jan 04.....Jan 11...etc) and have eac page populate the previous week's year to date values when I add...

Unable to display the folder.
Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location. Could not open the item. Try again. ------------- I dragged many of my folders from Outlook 2002 into the "My Documents" folder. Then I deleted the folders from Outlook 2002. (did so, so as to conserve size of outlook.pst file) Now in "My Documents", when i double click the folders so as to view the contents (emails), I get this error: "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location. Could not open t...

Excel XP Nested If Function Problem
Using Excel XP to use nested IF function, I keep getting the "+" sign when clicking on the IF button to add a nested IF formula. I found that this creates incorrect False answers. I then have to manually change the "+" to a comma. How can I get Excel to display a comma between the formulas by default. And what is the difference between "+" and a comma when placed between nested IF formulas? -- a( : [|]=( DaffyD� A Duck With Tools Is A Duck To Be Reckoned With I'm not sure what the IF button is, but I could use ctrl-click and xl2002 put in a comma, then t...

Version 2000 vs 2003 Trendline Problem
My coworker has Office 2003 Professional Edition (11.8169.8172) SP3 and has one chart in Excel with two line graphs based on the months of the past year. She has a trendline visible on one of the series. She has tried repeatedly and unsuccessfully to have a trendline for BOTH series to indicate the upwards or downward trends over time. She saved the file and I opened it from our shared server. I have Office 2000 Professional. I was able to see the trendline for the second series AND not just once, but for every single attempt she made. (smirking) WHY is she unable to view the trendl...

Problems with "CommitFile" with EWF from Win XP embedded
Hello NG Maybe it's a little off-topic, but has anyone an idea, why the "EwfMgrCommitFile" Function does not seem to work? If I change a file, call the EwfMgrCommitFile function, I get a "successful" return code and everything seems to be OK, but if I restart the system, the file is old. Is there anything I forgot? Regards Eunet Eunet, Post your question to microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded. If you don't get that NG from your news server use the msnews.microsoft.com server. I also suggest that you provide more information such as which mode of EWF you...