About ctrl-enter

When typing the name of the web address in the address bar and then press
Crtl-Enter. IE automatically shows the full URL address, however, it always
finishes the address with .com.tw
How to change the setting to finishing with .com.hk ?

My OS is Windows Vista Business & IE 8 in Trad Chinese.

Hi,
In Internet Options> General> Languages> Specify the suffix. (Not where you
would think to look.)

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"yclhk" <yclhk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When typing the name of the web address in the address bar and then press
> Crtl-Enter. IE automatically shows the full URL address, however, it
always
> finishes the address with .com.tw
> How to change the setting to finishing with .com.hk ?
>
> My OS is Windows Vista Business & IE 8 in Trad Chinese.

0
Don
1/3/2010 1:24:07 PM
If I set the suffix in the Languages tab, I should press shift+ctrl+enter and
should enter www. before the address.  It seems cannot work as IE feature
that while typing "microsoft" and press ctrl+enter going to
www.microsoft.com.  In my IE, while typing "microsoft" and press ctrl+enter
going to www.microsoft.com.tw

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> In Internet Options> General> Languages> Specify the suffix. (Not where you
> would think to look.)
>
> Hope this helps,
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>

> "yclhk" <yclhk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When typing the name of the web address in the address bar and then press
> > Crtl-Enter. IE automatically shows the full URL address, however, it
> always
> > finishes the address with .com.tw
> > How to change the setting to finishing with .com.hk ?
> >
> > My OS is Windows Vista Business & IE 8 in Trad Chinese.
>
> .

Hi,
It appears that you can set the default suffix to be com.hk, but you will
have to hit Ctrl+Shift+Enter, not Ctrl+Enter You should not have to type the
"www" Sorry I cannot be of more help.

Don

> If I set the suffix in the Languages tab, I should press shift+ctrl+enter
and
> should enter www. before the address.  It seems cannot work as IE feature
> that while typing "microsoft" and press ctrl+enter going to
> www.microsoft.com.  In my IE, while typing "microsoft" and press
ctrl+enter
> going to www.microsoft.com.tw

> "Don Varnau" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > In Internet Options> General> Languages> Specify the suffix. (Not where
you
> > would think to look.)
> >
> > Hope this helps,
> > Don
> > [MS MVP- IE]

> > "yclhk" <yclhk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > When typing the name of the web address in the address bar and then
press
> > > Crtl-Enter. IE automatically shows the full URL address, however, it
> > always
> > > finishes the address with .com.tw
> > > How to change the setting to finishing with .com.hk ?
> > >
> > > My OS is Windows Vista Business & IE 8 in Trad Chinese.

0
Don
1/4/2010 1:57:09 AM
Hello,

Is the hk suffix a language or country specific suffix?
"yclhk" <yclhk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When typing the name of the web address in the address bar and then press
> Crtl-Enter. IE automatically shows the full URL address, however, it
> always
> finishes the address with .com.tw
> How to change the setting to finishing with .com.hk ?
>
> My OS is Windows Vista Business & IE 8 in Trad Chinese.

0
Jeffrey
1/4/2010 5:34:16 AM
[Ya think?]

Jeffrey W. Bowen wrote:
> Is the hk suffix a language or country specific suffix?
>
>> When typing the name of the web address in the address bar and then press
>> Crtl-Enter. IE automatically shows the full URL address, however, it
>> always
>> finishes the address with .com.tw
>> How to change the setting to finishing with .com.hk ?
>>
>> My OS is Windows Vista Business & IE 8 in Trad Chinese.

0
PA
1/4/2010 5:41:06 AM
LOL Temporary brain failure. duh!

> [Ya think?]
>
> Jeffrey W. Bowen wrote:
>> Is the hk suffix a language or country specific suffix?
>>
>>> When typing the name of the web address in the address bar and then
>>> press
>>> Crtl-Enter. IE automatically shows the full URL address, however, it
>>> always
>>> finishes the address with .com.tw
>>> How to change the setting to finishing with .com.hk ?
>>>
>>> My OS is Windows Vista Business & IE 8 in Trad Chinese.

0
Jeffrey
1/4/2010 6:08:34 AM
In IE 8, go to tools, Internet Options, and at the bottom under the heading
'Appearance', click on Languages. One of the choices for adding more
languages is:

Chinese (Hong Kong S.A.R.) [zh-HK]

Click on that and click ok. Then click on it in the window and click the
button that says "move up" until it is the first language in the list.

Click ok and exit the Internet Properties area and restart IE and see if
that solves your problem.

I hope this helps.

Happy New Year to all.

--
Peace,

Jeffrey W. Bowen
Remove NO SPAM entries from email address to send personal email.

Please post replies of successes or failures so we all can benefit from each
others' experiences.

"yclhk" <yclhk@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When typing the name of the web address in the address bar and then press
> Crtl-Enter. IE automatically shows the full URL address, however, it
> always
> finishes the address with .com.tw
> How to change the setting to finishing with .com.hk ?
>
> My OS is Windows Vista Business & IE 8 in Trad Chinese.

0
Jeffrey

CTRL+1 and CTRL+ALT+T problems
When I use the CTRL+1 shortcut in Outlook 2007, it opens the mail view which is good. Problem is, it selects the default Inbox folder that I don't use. I have to scroll down the list of folders to get to my actual Inboxes. Is there a way to specify which Inbox Outlook selects when using the CTRL+1 command? What if I was to just delete the empty default Inbox that it always lands on? My second question is, why doesn't Outlook 2007 bring up a new task window when typing the CTRL+ALT+T command? I was told this should work even if you're in a different program or ...

Only Supplier Items WHen entering a Purchase Order
When creating a new PO, it would be most helpful to only list the items purchased from a particular vendor rahter than every item in the database. Several of our cutomers have requested this. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Bus...

How to enter credit card
I've asked this question before and scrupulously followed instructions, but I keep coming up with huge balances for my Discover. Funny thing is, I enter the Visa the same way and it comes out even after I pay it. Can someone explain again, step-by-step, how to enter transactions (often split) into the Discover register and then which way to show I've PAID it (I think that's the problem); I usually pay by check. Normally I enter my charges weekly with "Show Transaction Forms" checked and when I pay the monthly bill I do a Credit, From:Discover Card, Category: Tra...

How to insert a '*' in certain controls when Enter is pressed.
An important user wants to have a '*' inserted at the beginning of a NEW LINE in certain controls when the ENTER key is pressed. OK so in the Form_KeyDown event I can determine if the enter key has been pressed, and I also know the name of the ActiveControl. The controls in question have the NewLine property set to YES. So how to insert a '*' at the beginning of the new line. I have tried some silly code in the Form_KeyDown event but I think it is the wrong place to go changing control text. Also bear in mind that the ENTER key may have been pressed in the middle of ex...

Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V not working?
I have a coworker whose Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V shortcut keys do not work in Excel XP. No one else in our work group has this problem. We checked with our IT support person and he is stumped as well. He can right-click and copy/paste that way...but cannot copy/paste using the shortcut keys. Any ideas? Try opening excel in safe mode: Windows Start button Excel /safe Do you still have the problem? If no, then maybe there's a "helpful" macro that's stealing your ctrl-c/ctrl-V's. Do any of the ctrl- shortcuts work? (maybe it's a malfunctioning keyboard). Ryan Sp...

PreTranslateMessage and Ctrl + A
Hello NG, how can I check in PreTranslateMessage, if the user has pressed Ctrl and A? if(pMsg->message==WM_KEYDOWN) { pMsg->wParam; //?? Ctrl+A ? pMsg->lParam; //?? Ctrl+A ? } Thanks for help, Guido On Wed, 25 Jul 2007 18:42:17 +0200, "Guido Franzke" <guidof73@yahoo.de> wrote: >Hello NG, > >how can I check in PreTranslateMessage, if the user has pressed Ctrl and A? > > if(pMsg->message==WM_KEYDOWN) > { > pMsg->wParam; //?? Ctrl+A ? > pMsg->lParam; //?? Ctrl+A ? > } > >Thanks ...

Enter stock split in portfolio then...ROI goes haywire?
Has anyone else had this problem... I entered a stock split manually and my ROI figures for that stock became totally messed up. Has anyone else had this problem? If so, is there a fix for it? TIA. JP ...

Mny Auto Entered Transactn marked as "E" automatically
I have Money 2003 w/small business. Everything (paychecks, regular monthly bills, etc) that is set up as "auto entered" appears in my registered as "electronically cleared" with an "E", when that is not actually the case. Then, when the transaction is downloaded from my bank, it thinks the one that was auto entered was already downloaded and it creates a duplicate. Anyone have a suggestion on this? Class? Anyone? -- David -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://money.mvps.org/faq/default.aspx for tips and fixes for M...

Alt Enter
Is there any way to put an Alt Enter into a formula? I am concatenating some text and I would like to insert an alt enter. I tried the Char(10) from VBA, but this did not work. formula is =A1&" "&B1&" "&C1 I would like an Alt Enter after the B1 thanks Simon Hi Simon, =A1&" "&B1&CHAR(10)&" "&C1 Then format>Cells>Alignment, check Wrap Text -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Simon Shaw" <SimonShaw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE485CFB-F192-44DC-AC5D...

Auto time recording in another cell for data entered in one
I need to record the time any data is entered in a cell of a particula coloumn. Example: In coloumn A if data is entered in cell A10 the automatically current time is recorded in cell N10. If there is any macro for this then pls let me know -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you may also have a look at http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/timestamp.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > I need to record the time any data is entered in a cell of a > particular coloumn. Example: In coloumn A if data is entered in cell > A10 then automatically current time i...

Ctrl+PgUp and Ctrl+PgDn
I have a workbook in Excel 97 with two windows. One is PipeBook.xls:1 and the other is PipeBook.xls:2. I would like to disable the function of Ctrl+PgUp and Ctrl+PgDn in the window PipeBook.xls:2, however leave the function available for window PipeBook.xls:1. Is that possible? take a look at SCROLLAREA in vba help.Put your code in the ThisWorkbook module in the Open_Workbook macro. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software Granite Shoals, TX donaldb@281.com "Keith Hueston" <kahueston@sgvwater.com> wrote in message news:6af001c35850$f204e1a0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > I have a work...

My Ctrl+D doesn't work, how can I reset?
In excel my fill down shortcut does not work. Ctrl+D. Where are these shortcut viewed and possibly reset? There are only two ways I can think of that can prevent Ctrl-d from acting to do a fill down. One is if an external program intercepts that keystroke before it gets to Excel. The other is if, within Excel, that keystroke has been assigned to a macro. One way to check the latter possibility quickly is to start Excel in safe mode. From Start->Run enter "excel.exe /s" (without quotes, there is s pace before the slash). If Ctrl-d works then you know it is a macro lo...

Ctrl shift end
I use ctrl shift end to select a range of data which works well most of the time. But I often import a large spreadsheet that I have to cut and paste to reduce to a much smaller size. My problem is that even if all the surplus data is deleted when I use ctrl shift + end to select the data range it still remembers the original range and not the smaller reduced range. I have tried clearing cells, deleting cells but to no avail. The only way I have found to work around this is to copy the revised spreadsheet to another sheet. Does anyone have any suggestions? Many thanks Try touch...

[Ctrl]+[PgDn] and [Ctrl]+[PgUp]
I've involuntarily upgraded to Excel 2002/XP. It has lots of lovely security settings when protecting worksheets. When I _UN_check 'Select locked cells' when protecting worksheets, the [Ctrl]+[PgDn] and [Ctrl]+[PgUp] key combinations then function no differently than [Alt]+[PgDn] and [Alt]+[PgUp] (so the same as they did back in Excel 4 and prior), paging right and left within the protected worksheet rather than moving between worksheets. If this isn't a bug, I don't know the meaning of the term. Has anyone else come across it? There's no mention of it when searching *...

Enter Network Password
New computer running XP and using Outlook 2002. I keep getting a box appear that's title "Enter Network Password". "Please type in user name and password". I don't have a network. This thing appears every few minutes all day long. It will not remember the password and I don't know how to get rid of it. It is very annoying. Any hints will be appreciated. At first I was using Outlook Express and it appeared then also. thank you. This didn't work. Still getting that annoying pop up=20 window "Enter Network Password". Once again... I...

entered my username and password but it keeps asking me to enter
I've entered my email, username and password, but I keep getting a popup asking to enter network password. Hello, Can you describe a bit more by chance ? Are you using Web Access or MAPI reader (like Outlook) ? If you are using Web Access, you should look for IIS configuration, chances are you have to provide the domain name of the user account (be careful, you need to provide ACCOUNT credentials, not mail address with your domain password). Depending of the security setting, you may have to provide full account name, like that : account : UserName@DomainName or DomainName\UserName ...

can't CTRL + Click to select multiples...
Hi, I'm using CRM 3.0 with IE6. If I'm in a list of contacts, accounts, activities...etc, I can't select multiple items by using ctrl + clicking them. On another computer, I can no problem. When I hit ctrl + click it just opens a new browser window. I know this is an IE issue, not CRM, but I'm wondering if anyone else has run into this and knows how to fix it. Thanks. Have you installed the service pack 2 for IE6??? If not then that might be the reason or else you might be clicking on the hyperlink. "Dan B" wrote: > Hi, > > I'm using CRM...

CTRL-C & CTRL-V have stopped working
Excel 2000 on Win98SE I have a multi-sheet project that, until last week, was working just fine. All of a sudden I can't copy and past cells. When I press CTRL-C the cell has the marching ants around it but when I go to paste absolutely nothing happens. As mentioned, this was working just fine so something has changed but I'm stymied. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. I've had problems in that area when either Windows search or the Outlook Express search was invoked. Windows Start, search or Outlook Express, ctrl+shift+F Of course I just tried it right now...

change cell fill color when text is entered
Does anyone know of a way (macro) to have the color of a cell change to "no fill" automatically when text is entered? TIA- Any reason not to use Conditional Formatting instead? CF: Formula is =ISTEXT(A1) Format: ==>Patterns/No color In article <S15Hb.48189$VB2.89658@attbi_s51>, <sjburt@comcast.net> wrote: > Does anyone know of a way (macro) to have the color of a cell change to "no > fill" automatically when text is entered? TIA- > > ...

How 2 enter a value in the Status Bar?
Hello, I'm using excel 2000. I have a test formula: =IF($N$37=$O$38,"OK","ERROR") I would like to use one of the boxes in the status bar to display the result. I have 8 of them, from L to R; 1. ? 2. SUM (or other f()) 3. ? 4. CAPS 5. NUM 6. ? 7. OVR 8. ? Is it possible to put the formula in one of these boxes, or in another place in the status bar? I need the result to be visible at all the times. Thank you in advance for your help, Manuel Hi Manual AFAIK you can't change this statusbar the way you want -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Manuel Dav...

Excel2000...use Ctrl-V, not Paste, in macro to Format Axis in a ch
In a macro I would like to use Ctrl-V to paste minimum and maximum values into a chart's "Format Axis". But "Record Macro" translates the keypress Ctrl-V into "Paste". In manual (non-macro) mode, "Edit/Paste" does not work, but Ctrl-V does. So, in the macro, since Ctrl-V is translated into Paste, the macro does not work. How do I get the macro routine to recognize the keypress Ctrl-V without the macro translating it to Paste. I have checked out ASCII and ANSI codes with no success. Assuming you are accessing your data from the same workbook i...

I'm no longer able to enter data at the top of the screen
The data entry line just below the tool bars is now grayed out. For instance, if I select a cell, the data in that cell no longer appears in the data entry line. One guess ... Try click View > Formula bar It may be hidden .. -- Max Singapore --- "BookLover" wrote: > The data entry line just below the tool bars is now grayed out. For instance, > if I select a cell, the data in that cell no longer appears in the data entry > line. ...

Where is my Ctrl-C..Ctrl-V etc...?
Hi All, need your help! situation: I use the CHtmlView MFC single document project, I do this: CString sAppName=AfxGetAppName(); CString sResourseID; sResourseID.Format("%d", IDR_EMPTY_HTML); CString sNavigatePath; sNavigatePath="res://"+sAppName+".exe/"+sResourseID; Navigate2(sNavigatePath); problem I do an empty html(IDR_EMPTY_HTML),but I can only use the left mouse button to copy sth on. the Ctrl-C Ctrl-V etc... are lost. My friend use same class in Dialog base. it's run perfectly. Why? Thanks in advance! ...

entering text on merged cells
Can anyone help me with this question? I want to enter text on merged cells. The wrap text box is checked. When I enter the text it looks ok and like it should fit within the merged cells but when I go out of the merged cells it displays: ###############################. Thanks Try formatting the cell as General (instead of Text). David Pincus wrote: > > Can anyone help me with this question? I want to enter > text on merged cells. The wrap text box is checked. > When I enter the text it looks ok and like it should fit > within the merged cells but when I go out of ...

CTRL-C copy
GP 10 SP3 Non-Citrix Environment. The CTRL-C key does not work. After marking text to copy, pressing CTRTL-C gets you a beep. However, if you go Edit->Copy it works. Any thoughts on how to enable this hot key? Rich, There are some old threads on this. http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.greatplains/browse_thread/thread/c1bec597aa35e87f/37655de54829a4d9? http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.greatplains/browse_thread/thread/22f94f5c44ad1f0c/5e4e8ade3af8e095? http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.greatplains/browse_thread/thread/ebe782acd46b5d91/b826e960...