Receiving all mail in Outlook Exp, but not in Windows Live

I receive mail through a PC on Outlook Express.  When I check my mail on my
laptop through Windows Live I don't receive all my mail.  It is not the same
sender.  One day I will receive mail from sender X on my laptop, and one day
I wont.
--
michele
inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpres 260 articles. 0 followers. Follow

If both computers are using the same e-mail address, on both machines:

Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Check: Leave a copy of
messages on the server.

On one machine only, check to Delete messages after X days to satisfy your
allotted space you get from your server.
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP  [Mail]

"northwoodsmichele" <northwoodsmichele@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:178CC720-45CB-4EA5-942B-48B69792653A@microsoft.com...
>I receive mail through a PC on Outlook Express.  When I check my mail on
>my
> laptop through Windows Live I don't receive all my mail.  It is not the
> same
> sender.  One day I will receive mail from sender X on my laptop, and one
> day
> I wont.
> --
> michele

0
Bruce
4/15/2010 2:09:40 PM
northwoodsmichele wrote:

> I receive mail through a PC on Outlook Express.

If you are using POP then retrieving e-mails means they are NOT left on the
mail server.  The default behavior for POP is to RETR (retrieve) followed
by a DELE (delete).

> When I check my mail on my laptop through Windows Live I don't receive all
> my mail.

Yep, because you retrieved AND deleted them when you polled using OE.

> It is not the same sender.  One day I will receive mail from sender X on
> my laptop, and one day I wont.

Because you pulled the e-mail from sender X when you polled using OE.  So
that e-mail is in OE and OE deleted the copy from the mail server.  Then
when you later try to use WLM, that e-mail is no longer on the mail server
for WLM to find it there.  It's already been deleted by OE.

If you want to use multiple e-mail clients against the same e-mail account
that is accessed using POP, you need to configure all those e-mail clients
to "leave message on server".  That eliminates the DELE command.  OE will
then do a RETR but no DELE.  That means the e-mail didn't get deleted by OE
and will still be around when you poll using WLM (which you will also have
to configure with "leave message on server" so OE can get a copy if WLM
first saw the e-mail).

You need to configure the POP accounts that you defined in your e-mail
client to "leave message on server".  I am only guessing that you are using
POP to access your e-mail account(s).  You never specified which protocol
you use to access your e-mail account(s).  IMAP access wouldn't have this
problem.
0
VanguardLH
4/15/2010 11:43:31 PM
seems to be working...I'll keep an eye on it....THANKS!
--
michele

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

> If both computers are using the same e-mail address, on both machines:
>
> Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Check: Leave a copy of
> messages on the server.
>
> On one machine only, check to Delete messages after X days to satisfy your
> allotted space you get from your server.
> --
>            Bruce Hagen
>          MS-MVP  [Mail]
>       Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "northwoodsmichele" <northwoodsmichele@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:178CC720-45CB-4EA5-942B-48B69792653A@microsoft.com...
> >I receive mail through a PC on Outlook Express.  When I check my mail on
> >my
> > laptop through Windows Live I don't receive all my mail.  It is not the
> > same
> > sender.  One day I will receive mail from sender X on my laptop, and one
> > day
> > I wont.
> > --
> > michele
>
> .

You're welcome.
--

message news:D4F2E28D-1DA7-4272-8F65-B6D59187CD53@microsoft.com...
> seems to be working...I'll keep an eye on it....THANKS!
> --
> michele
>

> "Bruce Hagen" wrote:
>
>> If both computers are using the same e-mail address, on both machines:
>>
>> Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced - Check: Leave a copy
>> of
>> messages on the server.
>>
>> On one machine only, check to Delete messages after X days to satisfy
>> your
>> allotted space you get from your server.
>> --
>>            Bruce Hagen
>>          MS-MVP  [Mail]
>>       Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> "northwoodsmichele" <northwoodsmichele@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
>> in
>> message news:178CC720-45CB-4EA5-942B-48B69792653A@microsoft.com...
>> >I receive mail through a PC on Outlook Express.  When I check my mail
>> >on
>> >my
>> > laptop through Windows Live I don't receive all my mail.  It is not
>> > the
>> > same
>> > sender.  One day I will receive mail from sender X on my laptop, and
>> > one
>> > day
>> > I wont.
>> > --
>> > michele
>>
>> .

0
Bruce

outlook xp not responding
Hi, problem : sometimes when i start outlook, you get the screen and you can't do anything, sometimes when a write a mail, it stop and doesn't respond any longer, sometimes when i want to open mails, same situation. i guess it has something to do with the security in level1remove. does this ring a bel for anyone ?? greets, c yes it does, Click File, Options, Other, and uncheck the option to load the messenger. "christophe" <christophe.roos@pandora.be> wrote in message news:03ca01c35545$86d423e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > problem : sometimes when i...

Outlook runtime to terminate.
I have up dated to Windows xp Home. Now Outlook will not run. I have downloaded up dated. What do I need to do to run outlook on windows xp? ...

XP to Windows 7
I have a Dell Inspiron 530, Intel dual 2.2 CPU computer running XP/Sp3/IE8 with all updates. It has 3 identical, 320G SATA HDs, all cloned to the same software, and 2 gigs of memory. The three HDs are located in the two internal positions and one external enclosure. I have been given a gift of a legal Windows 7 disk and wish to install W7 on one of the drives. My questions: If I install W7 on one of the HDs, I realize that the XP (and everything else) on that HD is gone and I have no problem with that as I will still have two fully operational XP systems and all my apps on...

Pictures Received Are Garbled
Hi, I have been receiving emails with pictures from certain people, but the pictures are shown as text. As if I had opened a jpeg with a text editor. Not all pictures come in this way, only in emails from certain people. How do I (or they) make it stop? Marebear wrote: > Hi, > > I have been receiving emails with pictures from certain people, but the > pictures are shown as text. As if I had opened a jpeg with a text editor. > Not all pictures come in this way, only in emails from certain people. > > How do I (or they) make it stop? Anti-...

How to highlight the mail was sent by bcc
How to highlight the mail was sent by bcc? anyway is acceptable, ex: move them into a special folder, or make the mail up a color, or add a flag with is .....etc. Please share a way to do management of bcc mail. Thanks kuotaiyi wrote: > How to highlight the mail was sent by bcc? > > anyway is acceptable, ex: move them into a special folder, or make > the mail up a color, or add a flag with is .....etc. > > Please share a way to do management of bcc mail. Out of curiousity, do you mean highlight it to the person receiving the email or highlight to the person sending ...

Outlook 2003: Mail "Favorite Folders" changes lost after quitting / restarting
I'm using Office Outlook 2003 on Win XP. Can somebody please help me fix this problem? A few days back I realized I could customize the Favorite Folders area on the Mail navigation pane. So I removed a couple folders and added a couple, it life was good for a few days -- Outlook remembered my changes from session to session. Starting yesterday, however, Outlook forgot my changes and has reverted back to its original list of Favorite Folders. Also now, when I add / delete Favorite Folders, it remembers them only until I quit Outlook. When I restart it after quitting, the Fav...

Cannot open Windows mail 02-28-10
I have been running IE8 vista on my Dell xps 630i using CA anti virus, the problem is every now and again when i click on the Windows mail icon i get a message telling me that there is another instance of mail running shut it down and reboot, I have done this I also have done the clean boot but it keeps happening, any suggestions? It is not a Windows Mail problem. You need to figure out what program is doing that to it "pcjones" <pcjones@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:287C4A5C-85C6-4C29-A9A9-6EF9ADD79BC1@microsoft.com... >I have been ru...

Mail Merge #2
In Publisher 2002 is it possible to print a roster of Mail Merge data base records showing multiple entries per page? I'm essentially looking to print a phone book type list with Able, Ann (222) 222-2222 on the first line, Brown, Bob (333) 333-3333 on the second line and so on. Any help would be appreciated. Not difficult at all if you make a custom size small in height label the width of the page. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. ...

Problem with serial receive
I have a receive thread for a serial com port. I'm calling WaitCommEvent with an overlapped structure to get events. The event mask is EV_BREAK | EV_RXCHAR | EV_ERR. I also have an overlapped read operation to get receive input. Both events are setup with auto-reset. The port works fine until I get an error. When an error occurs on the receive line the read event is signaled and the call to GetOverlappedResult returns 995 Operation Aborted (the thread has not exited). I then get a WaitCommEvent signal. I call ClearCommError() which returns a CE_RXPARITY error. I thought ClearComm...

password protect mail box?
is it possible to password protect an exchange 2003 mail box? All Exchange mailboxes are password protected. -- Ed Crowley Celebrating a decade of Exchange peer support "bill" <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:185139E2-6838-414B-BE94-2B7311278D8A@microsoft.com... > is it possible to password protect an exchange 2003 mail box? On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 15:44:02 -0700, "bill" <bill@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >is it possible to password protect an exchange 2003 mail box? Isnt this mailbox associated with an AD account already?...

How do I retrieve my Earthlink email through Outlook?
I recently downloaded Microsoft Office Professional 2003 onto my computer and set up my Outlook account through Earthlink. Everything checks out fine (no errors), but I can't retrieve my email through Outlook. BK <BK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I recently downloaded Microsoft Office Professional 2003 onto my > computer and set up my Outlook account through Earthlink. Everything > checks out fine (no errors), but I can't retrieve my email through > Outlook. Did you speak to Earthlink's support staff? -- Brian Tillman ...

Sharing Calendars Outlook 2003
Using Outlook 2003 on a community college employee network. I have created an additional calendar under my main Calendar folder and would like to share it with selected personnel. I am able to right click on the calendar and select "Sharing..." from the context sensitive menu. Then I go to the Permissions tab and Add the personnel from the resulting dialog box. I then assign appropriate editing options and they end up listed as "Reviewer". How do the new Reviewers access this calendar from their computer? I am able to share the default calendar with no problems, but am at...

Cant send or receive emails
I've done something to my settings, and cannot send or receive emails. Can anyone tell me what to do? And I'm not a newby either, shame shame! thanks. Kari Error message? Version of Outlook? Type of mail account? Checked your mail account settings already? -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Kari Jacob" <jacob52@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:549201c49180$ec8cfa40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I've done something to my...

Outlook.pst has been damaged by another application
Outlook 97 has been running fine. It was minimized on the Win NT desktop. A new user mistakenly started up Outlook Express then exited out. When Outlook 97 is started now it generates the error message: The message file C:\WINNT\OUTLOOK.PST can no longer be accessed because it has been damaged by another application. Is there a way to repair the file or recover the data? -R. Baron Try running the Inbox Repair Tool against the .PST file to see if it finds any errors. Search your drive for a file called scanpst.exe and run it. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my...

Outlook
Hi, I have just got a new PC with Windows 7 and installed office 2007. When I tried to start newsgroups from outlook I needed to add the "News" command to the "Go" menu. I had done this on my old PC (Windows XP) but now the "News" command does not appear in the commands on the Customize window. When I select the "Go" category I get 17 commands as listed below. Is there an Add-in that I need? or can someone please tell me how to get the "News" command. Inbox Mail Drafts Outbox Sent Items Calendar Contacts Tasks Notes My Com...

Receive email in real-time
We have several PCs in our company that are receiving Exchange email messages in real-time, whereas others have to click Send/Receive within MS Outlook to receive their email. How do I setup Exchange where all users can receive their email instantaneously on any machine in the organization onto which they logon. Thanks in advance, Mervin Williams Hi, You can't configure Exchange to not deliver emails instantly to Outlook users. This is an Outlook setting and will have to be configured here. Leif "Mervin Williams" <mwilliams@innovasolutions.net> skrev i en meddelel...

Send & Receive button doesn't work
I installed Office XP and the SP3 service pack. I can't get the "send and recieve" button to work in MS Outlook. Everytime I click it I get a error message "The operation failed. An object could not be found." I tried proposed resolution in from MS knowledge base article 312354 but it didn't fix the problem. Any suggestions on the fix? i'd follow the procedure for creating a new profile again first. if that fails, try a repair operation. "Tom" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0b0d01c425ad$17305570$a401280a@...

new mail, automatically email adres
Hello, I use outlook 2002, also 2003 on several pc's When i send new mail, automatically when i type the first letters of the recipient, the email adres is visible? Can i delete this list or put it off? Thank you, Uncheck the "Suggest names when completing the To, CC and BCC fields" box here: Tools menu > Options > Email > Advanced Email Options "wvdp" <wavdp@belgacom.net> wrote in message news:%23eAANoXqFHA.3524@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I use outlook 2002, also 2003 on several pc's > When i send new mail, automatica...

Received Not Invoiced not = GL(205000-000-000 Received Not Invoic
I am working on some questions for an audit, and was asked why when we run an RNI report [Reports>Purchasing>Analysis>Received/Not Invoiced] for a specific date range, it doesn't match the [Summary Inquiry] numbers. Shouldn't you be able to run a report that selects the RNI from the POP tables for a specified date range and the GL20000 (acct code 20500-000-000) for the same date range and come up with the same result. I figured out the answer, never mind! "Rich" wrote: > I am working on some questions for an audit, and was asked why when we run an > RN...

Pre-formatted E-mails for Attachments
We're using Outlook 2003. If a user is in My Documents, right clicks on a Word Document (for instance), chooses Send To, E-Mail, a preformatted E-mail appears on the screen. Is there anyway we can change the Template for that E-mail? TIA, JohnK John F Kappler, you wrote on Mon, 20 Feb 2006 17:10:44 GMT: > We're using Outlook 2003. > > If a user is in My Documents, right clicks on a Word Document (for > instance), chooses Send To, E-Mail, a preformatted E-mail appears on > the screen. > > Is there anyway we can change the Template for that E-mail? You can...

Sync calender with outlook
Hi guys does anyone know if I can sync a users service calender so that the events on the service calender appear on their outlook calender Hi Will, Not sure I really understand your question as any service activity related to a user ressource will appear in that user calendar in Outlook. There's no real difference between "service" appointment and normal appointement in that respect. Hope this could be of some help. Have a nice day, St=E9phane Dorrekens Traviata Sorry I wasn't too clear what I mean is can I view other users service activities in my outlook calender...

Outlook 2003 #85
I have installed Office 2003 professional and I configured Outlook to my default Mail engine. I also configure the go menu to have the news option. I have found that when I close out of Outlook and go back in the news option is gone. But if I open Outlook Express is shows up there. How do I get it to stay in Outlook and not in Outlook Express? Ever search these groups before you post? Answered thousands of times: To get the News command back, go back to the Programs tab in Control Panel | Internet Options and change the default newsreader to Outlook Express. If OE prompts you to make i...

Downloading mail issues
Greetings all, I have a couple of machines connected to a Domain and they are not using PST files, so all their mail resides on the server. When they open outlook, they can see the messages, but when they try to open them, it seems to either take forever for the message to open or it causes outlook to give the "Not Responding" message. I am reloading Outlook as I cannot think of anything else to do, but wanted to know if anyone encountered this before and if so, is there a solution to this. They were initially using Cache Exchange but we have since turned that off. I als...

Send/Receive Operation Failed
Hey Folks, Symptom: I was receiving an "Operation Failed" message when pressing the Send/Receive button. Background: I tried the trial of Office 2003, reverted back to Office XP. After re-install of Office XP, Outlook resumed all previous settings, however the Send/Receive function was inoperative. Fix: After some searching and experimenting, the solution was found in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 284312. After shutting Outlook down, finding the Outlook file with the extension *.srs, renaming it to *.old, and restarting Outlook, the Send/Receive function resumed n...