How do I copy fiies to a cd?

Like it says, I have a large number of files I need to store somewhere other
than on the hard drive, so how do I get to copy them to a cd?

I have tried  but they don't seem to finish on the cd.

Alan

0
alan
2/2/2010 9:02:43 PM
inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpres 260 articles. 0 followers. Follow

Outlook Express files? DBX files? Why exactly?

A CD-R only has a 700MB capacity. How large are the files?
--
           Bruce Hagen
         MS-MVP [Mail]

"alan.holmes" <alan.holmes27@somewhere.net> wrote in message

> Like it says, I have a large number of files I need to store somewhere
> other than on the hard drive, so how do I get to copy them to a cd?
>
> I have tried  but they don't seem to finish on the cd.
>
> Alan

0
Bruce
2/2/2010 9:11:28 PM
What files?

alan.holmes wrote:
> Like it says, I have a large number of files I need to store somewhere
> other
> than on the hard drive, so how do I get to copy them to a cd?
>
> I have tried  but they don't seem to finish on the cd.
>
> Alan

0
PA
2/3/2010 2:26:50 AM
You get a program like Nero (as an example)and once installed into your Windows 95
machine  you then pick up a CD from the pack or the table and you insert it into
your CD\RW drive and let her rip

It would really be helpful if you can clearly explain what you would like to do and
which files you are talking about.

Also read the following
http://members.shaw.ca/dts-l/goodpost.htm
--
Peter

"alan.holmes" <alan.holmes27@somewhere.net> wrote in message

> Like it says, I have a large number of files I need to store somewhere other than
> on the hard drive, so how do I get to copy them to a cd?
>
> I have tried  but they don't seem to finish on the cd.
>
> Alan

0
Peter
2/3/2010 4:01:40 AM
"alan.holmes" <alan.holmes27@somewhere.net> escribi� en el mensaje

> Like it says, I have a large number of files I need to store somewhere
> other than on the hard drive, so how do I get to copy them to a cd?
>
> I have tried  but they don't seem to finish on the cd.
>
> Alan

0
marcelino
2/3/2010 9:45:38 AM
He posted with OE6 and I don't think OE6 will install on a Win95 machine.

steve

> You get a program like Nero (as an example)and once installed into your
> Windows 95 machine  you then pick up a CD from the pack or the table and
> you insert it into your CD\RW drive and let her rip
>
> It would really be helpful if you can clearly explain what you would like
> to do and which files you are talking about.
>
> Also read the following
> http://members.shaw.ca/dts-l/goodpost.htm
> --
> Peter

> "alan.holmes" <alan.holmes27@somewhere.net> wrote in message
>>
>> Like it says, I have a large number of files I need to store somewhere
>> other than on the hard drive, so how do I get to copy them to a cd?
>>
>> I have tried  but they don't seem to finish on the cd.
>>
>> Alan

0
Steve
> What files?

Lots of word letters i have writen, but do not wish to loose, a large number
of articles which I have kept from somenewsgroups which are solutions to
problems i have had in the past.

> alan.holmes wrote:
>> Like it says, I have a large number of files I need to store somewhere
>> other
>> than on the hard drive, so how do I get to copy them to a cd?
>>
>> I have tried  but they don't seem to finish on the cd.
>>
>> Alan

0
alan
2/3/2010 4:01:05 PM
So these are messages currently in OE? Copy the messages. You won't be
able to read the files.

Create a folder on your Desktop, then in Outlook Express open the folder
with the messages you want to save. Highlight one message, then Ctrl+A
will highlight them all, (or hold the Ctrl button down while you select
only the messages you want), Now, drag and drop them to the folder on your
Desktop.

Now you can copy that folder to a CD and you will be able to read the
messages on the CD by double-clicking on them.

You may find that messages with the same subject get appended, probably
with (1), (2), etc. One of these programs may be of use to you. Have a
look and decide.

DBXtract:
http://www.oehelp.com/DBXtract/Default.aspx

OEX:
http://www.oehelp.com/OEX/Default.aspx
--

>> What files?
>
> Lots of word letters i have writen, but do not wish to loose, a large
> number of articles which I have kept from somenewsgroups which are
> solutions to problems i have had in the past.
>

>> alan.holmes wrote:
>>> Like it says, I have a large number of files I need to store somewhere
>>> other
>>> than on the hard drive, so how do I get to copy them to a cd?
>>>
>>> I have tried  but they don't seem to finish on the cd.
>>>
>>> Alan

0
Bruce
2/3/2010 4:11:17 PM
"Word letters" as in OE email messages (EML files or messages in your OE
folders) or Word messages (DOC files)?

alan.holmes wrote:
> Lots of word letters i have writen, but do not wish to loose, a large
> number
> of articles which I have kept from somenewsgroups which are solutions to
> problems i have had in the past.
>
>> What files?
>>
>>> Like it says, I have a large number of files I need to store somewhere
>>> other
>>> than on the hard drive, so how do I get to copy them to a cd?
>>>
>>> I have tried  but they don't seem to finish on the cd.
>>>
>>> Alan

0
PA
2/3/2010 7:21:09 PM
Steve

I was being a smart ass since he did not post his OS version

--
Peter

"Steve Cochran" <scochran@oehelp.com> wrote in message
> He posted with OE6 and I don't think OE6 will install on a Win95 machine.
>
> steve
>
> "Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> You get a program like Nero (as an example)and once installed into your Windows
>> 95 machine  you then pick up a CD from the pack or the table and you insert it
>> into your CD\RW drive and let her rip
>>
>> It would really be helpful if you can clearly explain what you would like to do
>> and which files you are talking about.
>>
>> Also read the following
>> http://members.shaw.ca/dts-l/goodpost.htm
>> --
>> Peter

>> "alan.holmes" <alan.holmes27@somewhere.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> Like it says, I have a large number of files I need to store somewhere other
>>> than on the hard drive, so how do I get to copy them to a cd?
>>>
>>> I have tried  but they don't seem to finish on the cd.
>>>
>>> Alan

0
Peter
2/3/2010 11:08:35 PM
On 2/3/2010 2:32 AM, alan.holmes wrote:
> Like it says, I have a large number of files I need to store somewhere other
> than on the hard drive, so how do I get to copy them to a cd?
>
> I have tried  but they don't seem to finish on the cd.
>
> Alan

Though CD burning appears simple, a few things to take care of (assuming
you already have CD writing software):
- Do it while working offline
- Turn off Anti-virus (interferes with writing, possibly the cause in
your case)
- Since a memory-intensive process, close all other programs
- Running Disk defrag prior to burning also helps in faster writing
- Set to Verify Data after writing
- Provide a disk label than a too generic "My Disc" to identify contents

You can also consider uploading (individual files or zipped) to, for
example, Skydrive if you have a Live a/c as a standby (with 25GB space
allotted). Some ISPs provide a similar limited storage (Briefcase) for
the mail account.

Mohan...
0
Mohan
2/4/2010 9:12:53 AM
Peter,

I was replying in kind.

<G>

steve

> Steve
>
> I was being a smart ass since he did not post his OS version
>
> --
> Peter

> "Steve Cochran" <scochran@oehelp.com> wrote in message
>> He posted with OE6 and I don't think OE6 will install on a Win95 machine.
>>
>> steve
>>
>> "Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> You get a program like Nero (as an example)and once installed into your
>>> Windows 95 machine  you then pick up a CD from the pack or the table and
>>> you insert it into your CD\RW drive and let her rip
>>>
>>> It would really be helpful if you can clearly explain what you would
>>> like to do and which files you are talking about.
>>>
>>> Also read the following
>>> http://members.shaw.ca/dts-l/goodpost.htm
>>> --
>>> Peter
>>>
>>> Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
>>> Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
>>>
>>> "alan.holmes" <alan.holmes27@somewhere.net> wrote in message

0
Steve

copi field
Hey. i have made a form with about 15 fields. And now i want to make a button, wich copi the text in one of my fields. is it posible, maybe made with "visual basic"??? hope someone can help me. thanks david ...

Copy formulas in Office 2007
Hello. A customer can't use "Copy Special" in Office 2007. He has upgradede Office 2007 from 2003. When he copy cells to another workbook, the formulas aren't copied. And when he tries the "Copy Special" a windows comes with questions about objects. He want's to be able to copy cells without formulas but with nubmer formats. I'm able to do so on several PC's. Not on his. Because of the upgrade? -- Regards, Steffen My first guess is that the different workbooks are open in different instances of excel. Close one workbook and that instance of exce...

Copy and Paste.
Hello Folks, Hope you are all well. What I have tried to do is select every object on a page and paste it into a new publication. Sounds simple? However, when I try to do this on a page which has a table in it and then try to paste that, the size of the table goes haywire. It then becomes a manual task again to have to resize it / put text back to where it belongs etc. Please can someone tell me why this is happening and if there is a way to fix to make it a simple copy and paste. Am using Win Xp and Publisher 03. Your help is and always has been very much appreciated. Thanking you in ...

Copying Modified Invoices
We currently use SOP Short Invoice and I want to copy the report to the SOP Other Invoice in report writer. The invoice layout is totally different, and I am trying not to spend days recreating it. I could not locate any type of copy functionality from one modified invoice to another. Any ideas out there. We are on version 7.0 Zach 1.export the modified Short Invoice report as a package file. 2. open the Package file in notepad and change the Component name and Report SOP Other Invoice and save 3. import the package file Voila! HS "Zach Morgan" <ZachMorgan@discussions....

copying non adjancent cells
sorry Ms. debra dalagliesh I missed your reply to my query. I got it later through google groups search. thank you very much for clarifying my doubts. I am repeating your message for the sake of readers seeing only this messagae copy of Ms. Dalgleish's message from: Debra Dalgleish (dsd@contexturesXSPAM.com) Subject: Re: copying non adjacent cells If you want to copy multiple ranges, the selections must match in rows and columns In each column, the same rows must be selected, or nothing is selected In each row, the same columns must be selected, or nothing is selected For example, you...

Copy contents of a cell into a blank cell
How do I copy the contents of cell B2 into cell D2 only if D2 is empty Hi It cannot be done with a formula - only with VBA. The following code should achieve what you described Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) If Target.Address = "$D$2" Then If Range("D2") = "" Then Range("D2") = Range("B2").Value End If End Sub To Use Copy Code above Right click on sheet tab>View Code Paste code into white pane that appears Alt+F11 to return to Excel -- Regards Roger Govier "fire9...

copying outlook express contact list
Anybody have an idea as to how I can bring an old contact list into the same program again? Scenario: My old computer motherboard crashed. I purchased a new computer and reloaded all the programs including Outlook. I did manage to have the old hard drive put back into the computer as a secondary drive (d) and maintained all the data files. With the outlook reinstalled to run off of the new c: drive, there are of course no contacts. Is there a way to find the outlook contact information on the old drive and replace it into the reinstalled program on the c: drive? Thank you. This n...

how do i print colour-seperated copy in publisher
help!!! am doing an exam in publisher shortly and need to know What is meant by "colour-seperated"? This is a new term for this ol Yank. -- Don Vancouver, USA "caz" <caz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0E7C24E3-B093-406C-88D3-BFA7F3CE09E8@microsoft.com... > help!!! > > am doing an exam in publisher shortly and need to know What version Publisher are you using? Look at the Commercial Printing in the Tools menu. Help here Print separations of your publication http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HP051146751033.aspx -- Mary Saue...

Exchange 2003 send multiple copies of same email to clients!
I have just finished the the basic setup of Echange 2003. It only manages about 75 email acounts. I have noticed 2 things and think they are related. Firts if there is no subject for email being recieved it will hang on that email and never download to client using OutLook or Outlook Express. I can go in and through the Web based mail and remove the problem email all goes back to normal. Secondly sometimes my clients will get multiple copies of the same email. I have one now that has four copies and everytime she opens her Outlook it gives her another copy. Any help as always appreci...

"Copy" isn't available now Error
I have a command button on my Main Form that is supposed to, on the OnClick Event, set focus to a control on a subform and copy its contents and then close the entire form but I am getting an error that "The command or action "Copy" isn't available now." Any ideas about how to work around this?? The OnGotFocus event of the text box to be copied runs it's own code that concatenates text from all over the form. This box does have a tab stop but I have it coded so that focus doesn't go to it directly for the user - only for the purpose of copying h...

What does Excel do when copying sheets containing a lot of Charts?
When I was copying some worksheets from one workbook to another, which contains a lot of Charts. I found out that I can only copy 7 sheets with Charts, the 8th one was copied but no chart was copied over. And if I save the workbook that I just added several sheets with Charts, I can't reopen it within the same excel. I have to close Excel and reopen another one to open it without causing serious error. My question is, what exactly excel does when I was copying worksheets from one workbook to another? I took suggestion from Jim Cone to turn off the AutoChartFontScaling. It doesn&#...

Macro that copy page to page just some filled cells
I want to create a formula (macro ) that helps me. I have in one sheet with some columns that clientes filled with quantities and i want create fomula ( macro ) that copy just the filled cells and the cell with description (B2 cell is filled with quantities and A2 cell have the descrption product, and I want a macro that just copy the filled cells to another page. ...

Reinstall of Office X: CD Key not recognized
Hi, I've searched the posts and have seen similar issues, but nothing to answer my dilema: I erased my hard drive (on purpose!) and just installed Tiger OS 10.4.7. I've been reinstalling software and all is going well. EXCEPT Office X; I installed from the same CD I did before and now it won't recognize the CD Key!! Is there an issue w/Tiger and Office X? Is there a max for how many times you can re-enter the key? I worry I made some typos and am now locked out forever. Or should I reinstall Office X again? Thanks!! On 12/8/06 18:01, in article 1155402070.462504.145020@i3g2000cw...

Copying a named range with a changing cell reference
I am writing a macro to copy a sheet from a workbook to a new workbook, it has hiddden rows which i am not copying just values, however, I also want to copy the named ranges to the new sheet, the problem being the cell references change as I get rid of hidden rows and columns. Is there any way to carry over a named range, having it refering to values or cell content rather than actuall cell references................ Hi If you only need the values to be copied, you can use "Paste Special" and select values to be pasted. Regards, Per <jwilkes@sedgman.com.au> skrev i en med...

How to copy a Macro to another PC
How can I find and copy an Excel macro to another PC. As I recall the one I created also created a file called Personal.xls that automatically opens up. Not sure if this is the only file that needs to be copied? Also, where does it get copied to? What location? Same as original PC? -- FL Personal.xls is automatically opened (if it exists) but is hidden; use Widows | Unhide to see if you have one. Generally it is kept in the XLSTART folder; find it with a search. However, some people have Excel open other files automatically; Use Tools | Options and look on the General tab to see ...

Chart Location Impact On Links When Copying To New Workbook
I have a sheet in Excel that contains all of my data. I also have several charts based on thsi data. If the location for each of these sheets is "As New Sheet" then if I copy the data sheet and chart sheets to a new workbook then there are no links back to the original file (the chart source data references the data sheet in the new file). However, if the chart location for each of these charts is "As Object In" a worksheet, then when I select the data sheet and the worksheet that has all of the embedded charts and copy them to a new workbook, the charts create a ...

save a file on a CD.
I want to save a file on a CD. When I try, I'm told it is not a legal operation ( or something to that effect) and that I must get permission from the 'Administrator". Who would that be?? If you're using File|SaveAs (or its xl2007+ equivalent), then you'll want to make sure that the drive you're using allows you to use it this way. One of my drives has a DLA (Direct Line Access???). This allows this drive to be used the way file|SaveAs would need. The other doesn't allow this. In any event, I wouldn't do this. I think it'll cause more tro...

Disable cut/copy of shape and images in excel 2007
Hi all, I hope you can help me with this problem (I surfed a lot on the web but I couldn't find anything about it): I have to disable cut copy and paste in excel 2007 file expecially for images and shapes objects. for istance, I want the user to be able to create an arrow, but I do not want him to cut, copy and paste it. can it be done? because office 2007 manages shapes differently from office 2003, and all the macros I have done so far work well with text but not with shapes. Moreover, I tried to change the Ribbon with xml and it works fine, but the problem is tha...

Dragdrop from app to CD-RW in XP
My application has files/folders dragdrop functionality similar to Windows Explorer. The only problem is that if the drag starts from my application and if I drop on the CD-RW dive in XP ( with CD writing enabled) , nothing happens. But if I start dragging from Windows Explorer and drop in my application on the CD-RW, then they are copied for writing to the CD. In other words , the CD-RW drive takes action on a drop, only if the drag originated from Windows Explorer. I think that might be because the shell stores information about the dragged files/folders in various clipformats, but ...

Copy macro enabled button to another file
Greetings, I set up a macro-enabled button on one file(say A file). I would like to copy the button to another file(say B file). I find that I can copy the VBA module from VBA editor. However, when the button was copied to the B file, the macro on the button has the name of "A.xls!macro_name". Then I have to delete "A.xls!" for the macro. Can I just copy the macro name only, but not the previos file name that the macro came from? I would like to use that button to more than 200 files... It would be a lot of work to change the macro name... Thanks ...

Prevent users from copying worksheets
CAN'T SEEM TO PREVENT USERS FROM COPYING A PROTECTED WORKSHEET AND THEREFORE UNPROTECTING IT AND HAVING ACCESS TO EVERYTHING ON THE WORKSHEET. SOMEONE PLEASE HELP! Excel 2003 has a much better protection control. I had people here trying to do the same but nolonger get around the locks that way -- Trimmer "LISACOMOP" wrote: > CAN'T SEEM TO PREVENT USERS FROM COPYING A PROTECTED WORKSHEET AND THEREFORE > UNPROTECTING IT AND HAVING ACCESS TO EVERYTHING ON THE WORKSHEET. SOMEONE > PLEASE HELP! Hi Select "Hidden" in addition to "Locked"...

copy a pdf graph into a word document
I'm trying to copy and paste a graph from a pdf document into a Word document. My operating system is Windows Vista. I've tried to print from the pdf document but nothing happens. I have several graphs that I need and don't want to have to copy them all out by hand. Any help would be most gratefully accepted. My email address is: hokokeha@hotmail.com Thanks in advance Hi, BernieMurray, Is the real problem that you are unable to print the PDF? Are you using Word to try to work around that problem? -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup so a...

Copy from one workbook to another failing
I have copied this code pretty much entirely from another post but it throws up Run time error 9 subscript out of range'. Can anyone help? Thanks Public Sub ImportData() Dim myFilename As Variant Dim importbook As Workbook Dim mainbook As Workbook MsgBox "Please select the Do Not Trace workbook you wish to import." myFilename = Application.GetOpenFilename("Excel Files (*.xls), *.xls") 'launches prompt to select import file Set mainbook = ActiveWorkbook Set importbook = Workbooks.Open(Filename:=myFilename) 'sets variable to be workbook...

is it possible to default show "more detail" during files copy.
as the topic. I hope windows 7 always display the detail information of files copy. is it possible? and how to do that? Thanks. On Wed, 4 Aug 2010 03:00:03 -0700, huangwl wrote: > as the topic. > > I hope windows 7 always display the detail information of files copy. > is it possible? and how to do that? > > Thanks. Use robocopy.exe from a command prompt or from one of the GUI interfaces available for it. -- Gene E. Bloch (Stumbling Bloch) ...

Format or Erase DVD/CD
Unable to fully format or erase Any programs in the net I can use? TIA Erase a CD or DVD: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Erase-a-CD-or-DVD JMed wrote: > Unable to fully format or erase > Any programs in the net I can use? > > TIA Leroy thank you But I use this method and it never fully erases my DVD or CD "Leroy" <leroy@earthlink.net> wrote in message news:eTfBNJexKHA.5576@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Erase a CD or DVD: > http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Erase-a-CD-or-DVD > > JMed wrote: >>...