You cannot mark this year as historical year as open year balances exist for it

Hi..

Actually While loading the Data , we didn't marked the Year
2003 as historical year. Hence , when we have loaded the
2003 GL data in the company , it has not transfered the
balances to Year 2004.
When we try to mark the year as historical year, it is
giving the message that "You cannot mark this year as
historical year as open year balances exist for it."

 Kindly suggest how to resolve this problem.

Thanks
0
anonymous (74722)

Running the General Ledger Year-End Closing process for 2003 should bring the
balances forward for 2004 and make 2003 an historical year. Before performing
a year-end close, however, please make a backup of your data so that you can
restore if you need to.

Ruth Hetland

"Abhishek" wrote:

> Hi..
>
> Actually While loading the Data , we didn't marked the Year
> 2003 as historical year. Hence , when we have loaded the
> 2003 GL data in the company , it has not transfered the
> balances to Year 2004.
> When we try to mark the year as historical year, it is
> giving the message that "You cannot mark this year as
> historical year as open year balances exist for it."
>
>  Kindly suggest how to resolve this problem.
>
> Thanks

0
rhetland (2)

Error when open My Tasks Page Project Server SP2 03-01-10
Dear All, I show the following error when open My Tasks Page: (An unexpected error has occurred. Web Parts Maintenance Page: If you have permission, you can use this page to temporarily close Web Parts or remove personal settings. For more information, contact your site administrator. Troubleshoot issues with Windows SharePoint Services. ) This happened for few resources not all. I sure this problem not for IE because I was try the user name and password on my machine and appeared the same error. We working on project server sp2 and hotfix KB977028 installed for ...

How many recordset can be opened simultaneously for a MS-Access 2000 Database for adding /editing records
Hey Friends Can someone please suggest how many recordset can be opened simultaneously for a MS-Access 2000 for adding /editing records. I also want a comparison with MSDE for the same. Vikrant wrote: > Hey Friends > Can someone please suggest how many recordset can be opened > simultaneously for a MS-Access 2000 for adding /editing records. > I also want a comparison with MSDE for the same. Uhm... If I remember correctly that would be max. 20 connections. Successive CRecordset::Open(...) requests would fail. I don't know this parameter for MSDE. There's a limit in...

Opening Outlook #4
How does one change in which folder Outllook 2007 opens? "Deebee" <deebee@jhu.edu> wrote in message news:uLbAFrLrJHA.3700@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > How does one change in which folder Outllook 2007 opens? Tools-Options-Other-Advanced Options -- Asking a question? Please tell us the version of the application you are asking about, your OS, Service Pack level and the FULL contents of any error message(s) I am using outlook 2007 window vista. I can open it there is an error saying Cannot open your default e-mail folder.File access is denied.You do not have the permi...

Wrong balances
Hi Friends I'm test driving the new Money 2006 and have this problem. The balance on the "Account Register" is correct but the balance on the "Accounts Transactions" (Reports>Account Transactions) is WAY off ($8,000 - $9,000). Any assistance will be appreciated. TIA Sam In microsoft.public.money, Metolius Dad wrote: > >I'm test driving the new Money 2006 and have this problem. The balance on >the "Account Register" is correct but the balance on the "Accounts >Transactions" (Reports>Account Transactions) is WAY off ($...

Reference end of month balance on previous workshhet
I want to dedicate a separate worksheet for each month for a period of several months showing daily adjustments to a beginning daily balance based on a variable multiplication factor to produce an ending daily balance. My problem is that the ending balance for the previous month could be in any one of four cells (rows)depending on how many days in the previous month (28 to 31 days). For each new month, I would like to retrieve the ending balance for the previous month by referring to the cell (row) that corresponds to the last day of that month regardless of what actual row it is in...

Can't open new window or tab in IE8
I know that I have asked this before but it had been a while. I close some of the unwanted toolbar, I've noticed that I can't open a new tab on the same window when I click on my mouse on the right side. All I see is open to new window but no new tab. I have Window Vista with IE8. -- Lauria Neither Vista or IE8 has anything to do with this Windows XP newsgroups. But perhaps you can click the Tools, Internet Options, Tabs Setting button in your browser and make the desired changes. goldpony wrote: > I know that I have asked this before but it had been a wh...

Special Characters when Opening Text Files
When I open a text file which is delimited with tab and semi-colon, th TAB control character (represented by a square box) appears along wit the data. If I choose the Tab and Semi-colon delimiters, the TA control character disappears but the columns spill over to the nex column and is no longer aligned with the header. If I do not choos the Tab (just the semi-colon), the columns will align properly but th square boxes appear. However, when I open the same file from another computer, I don' encounter this problem. I checked out the Options and everything look the same. In my Options ...

Unable to send e-mail and get error message when opening live mail
This is the message I get Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'pic' Server: 'post.camtel.net' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): No I call server and all is well. Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant layer of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down sending and receiving, and causes a multitude of problems such as time-outs, account setting change...

A/R Trial Balance showing fully applied transactions
I have transactions to which I have applied payments and a credit memo. In the A/r Historical Trial Balance, the Payment is showing with the invoice; however, the credit memo is in a completely different line. How can I solve this problem? I have tried removing paid transactions, but that specific entry does not go away. -- Patti Patti. Is your CM fully applied? If not, that would explain why it shows un a separate line. In addition, are you aging CMs? To verify this, go to Microsoft Dynamics GP > Tools > Setup > Sales > Receivables Management. PS. I replied to your...

How do I open .pst files from windows if I am working offline
I am not connected to my network and can't open outlook. I want to open the ..pst file which is located at the following file path: C:\Documents and Settings\rosanna\My Documents\My outlook files It asks me what I want to open it with and I have no idea Rosanna wrote: > I am not connected to my network and can't open outlook. I want to open the > .pst file which is located at the following file path: > > C:\Documents and Settings\rosanna\My Documents\My outlook files > > It asks me what I want to open it with and I have no idea ..pst files are ...

Emailed Attachments Always Open With Reviewing Toolbar Enabled
Good day, I am currently using Office 2002 with SP2 applied. Every word, powerpoint, and excel document I receive as an email attachment has the "Reviewing" toolbar enabled/active. My default property is NOT to have this toolbar enabled unless I personally require it. Is there a setting in Outlook 2002 (or Office 2002) which will stop the "Reviewing" toolbar from becoming active? In advance, thank you, orionstargate See your answer in microsoft.public.office --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After...

How do I open an Excel Attacment???
I'm a new user with MS Office 2003 Student Teacher edition ad have recieved an email from a colleague with an attatchment... I cannot open the attatcment, I can see the yellow envelope in the heading of the email, also the paperclip beside the sender's name. BUT how do I open it??? Thankyou!! CHARLIE wrote: > I'm a new user with MS Office 2003 Student Teacher edition ad have recieved > an email from a colleague with an attatchment... I cannot open the > attatcment, I can see the yellow envelope in the heading of the email, also > the paperclip beside the sender&#...

Macbook Bug opening Word Docs
I have a Macbook and I installed Office 2004 Professional Edition. I have hundreds of Word docs saved in folders on my desktop, most of which came from my old Powerbook via Firewire (my old Powerbook had the previous version of Word, but that shouldn't be a problem, right?). Whenever I try to open a Word doc from the desktop by double-clicking on it, I get an error message that the operation cannot be completed (error code 10660). In order to open any Word docs I need to first open Word, then go file: open, however this only works for some documents (mostly smaller ones it seems); others...

Change label if record exists
I have a continuous form (frmContacts) that displays all contacts between a client and their mentor by date. Users have the ability to amend individual records while keeping the original records intact by clicking a command button (cmdAmd) to open up another form to enter alternate data into tblAmend. The records are related via the RecordID. The original record continues to show up on frmContacts but users have the ability to run reports based either on original or amended data. Now my question...I'm looking for an easy way for users to visually recognize the records tha...

Restore Exchange databases to different existing server in same admin group
I am trying to find some information about restoring an Exchange 2003 database to a different server that's already up and running with it's own databases in the same org. Here's the situation: We have two servers, EX1 and EX2. Both are running Exchange 2003sp1 on Windows 2003 sp1. Both servers are in the same admin group. Each server has two storage groups defined, and each storage group has one database. Each storage group and each database has unique names & folder locations. The databases are backed up nightly (on line) using the Veritas NetBackup, an exchange aware...

open document default
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC This is probably a stupid question, but with Word 2008 installed, all my old documents are now opening under Text edit rather than Word. I know I can change this in "get info" foe each individual document, but I have hundreds of such documents! How can I make Word the default to open all documents rather than "text Edit"? In the Get info dialog, there is a little button that says "Change All". Click it on one of them. pdg01@officeformac.com wrote: > Version: 2008 > Operating Sys...

Publisher files saved to a server 2003 open slowly if at all
I have xp computers running office 2007 all clients save files to a server 2003 equiped dell sc4400 server. When office 2003 was opertaing all clients opened fast from the server. With Office 2007 installed all server files open very slowly. I do not have Office 2007 installed on my server. Could this be the problem? All clients run slowly since the change to office 07 I cannot find anything I should have done to inform my server of the change to Office 07. Please Help. ...

Error upon installing GP 9.0 year-end update
Hello: Yesterday, since a client needed to have the year-end update for GP 9.0, I installed the update which includes service pack 3. I got the following message on all workstations but not the server: "A product on the computer is on a different version than the database version". Since the settings at the server and workstations were the same, per the dynamics.set file, I resolved the error by copying down the server's GP folder to the workstations. Issue resolved. Are there any problems with having a server's GP 9.0 folder residing on the workstations? Thanks! ...

Outlook quitting immediately after opening #2
Outlook quitting immediately after opening Outlook quits straight after it opens. I have removed it and re-installed it but its made nodifference. I get a half second view of the inbox (which is still my original inbox which seems strange after removal and reinstallation?) -----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =----- http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World! -----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =----- ...

Hyperlinks don't open properly
When I click on a hyperlink in Excel 2003 the link opens Internet Explorer but all I get is a blank white page. If I copy and paste the link into IE it works just fine. I'm stumped. It worked until my wife used excel. She said she clicked on a ecurity question and ever since the links don't open properly -- Gdog ...

Does a toolbar already exist?
I have some code in a workbook which creates a new custom toolbar when the workbook opens and deletes it when the workbook is closed. (Excel 97) The same process is present in earlier versions of the workbook from previous years. Sometimes I need to open one of those earlier versions while the current version is already open. This produces an error message dialog with runtime error '5'. Hitting "End" stops the process and gets rid of it, but I would like to insert some additional code at the start to check if the custom toolbar already exists, and stop ...

Help - Notes open maximized
Hi: I'm experiencing more of Outlook's typical weirdness. I find that if I create a new note, Outlook expands the note to fill the entire screen. I can't close the note using the close box (x in the corner) but I can close it by right clicking the window bar and choosing "Close". Any suggestions on how to prevent the note from opening maximized? Thanks for any suggestions -- Dab Cut off: yourhead to respond Double click on the top blue bar or rightclick it in the Tas Bar and coose Restore. Then use CTRL+Close(X) to force saving of the Window state. -- Rob...

HELP
Hi, I have a workbook that has UDF cells, and these UDF make references to other cells in the worksheet: Function foo() is to retrieve values from database. A B C 1 V1 V4 =foo(A1,B1) 2 V2 =foo(A2,B1) 3 V3 =foo(A3,B1) C1 was created by typing '=foo(A1,B1)' directly, whereas C2 and C3 are created by copying C1, and making changes to the 2nd argument. The workbook is saved. When opened in automatic calculation mode, all 3 UDFs are refreshed properly. Now, modify the source UDF (cell C1) without referencing A1: A B C 1 V1...

Update Bank Balance
I installed Money 2003 from Money 2002, and the Downloaded Bank Balance does not update each time I download transactions from my bank. The downloaded balance shows the date and balance from 7/12/2001. This makes reconciling impossible. What could be wrong, or what configuration(s) do I need to set? In microsoft.public.money, PJ wrote: >I installed Money 2003 from Money 2002, and the >Downloaded Bank Balance does not update each time I >download transactions from my bank. The downloaded >balance shows the date and balance from 7/12/2001. This >makes reconciling imposs...