YE Closing Procedures

The year end closing procedures need to be more efficient and user friendly.
For example, the payables and receivable management is date sensitive except
for amounts since last close, vendor yearly summary etc.  These modules
should be fully date sensitive and the ability to enter into multiple years
without caveats should exist.  Year end is stressful enough

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=692f83ab-7513-4f82-8036-fcd74255d7e5&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
out (8)

It is not necessary to close Payables or Receivables. You do not want to use
"Amounts since last close." You want to use calendar or fiscal year as the
summary view. Great Plains 7, 7.5, and 8 are all date-sensitive. This date
sensitivity is discussed in the year end processing guides. Previous versions
of GP were date sensitive so the instructions remain for those companies that
want to do a closing process. Why you would want to if you don't have to is
beyond me.

I believe they should take away the closing options if the product does not
require them.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"YE Stress Out" wrote:

> The year end closing procedures need to be more efficient and user friendly.
> For example, the payables and receivable management is date sensitive except
> for amounts since last close, vendor yearly summary etc.  These modules
> should be fully date sensitive and the ability to enter into multiple years
> without caveats should exist.  Year end is stressful enough
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=692f83ab-7513-4f82-8036-fcd74255d7e5&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
callen (2505)
12/22/2005 5:51:03 AM
Is the same true for Inventory?

Charles Allen wrote:

> It is not necessary to close Payables or Receivables. You do not want
> to use "Amounts since last close." You want to use calendar or fiscal
> year as the summary view. Great Plains 7, 7.5, and 8 are all
> date-sensitive. This date sensitivity is discussed in the year end
> processing guides. Previous versions of GP were date sensitive so the
> instructions remain for those companies that want to do a closing
> process. Why you would want to if you don't have to is beyond me.
>
> I believe they should take away the closing options if the product
> does not require them.

0
gkappel1 (18)
12/22/2005 1:52:20 PM
Alas, inventory must be closed prior to posting any transactions in the new
year. You can enter but not post. Make sure you get the year end processing
guide for inventory.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"George Kappel" wrote:

> Is the same true for Inventory?
>
> Charles Allen wrote:
>
> > It is not necessary to close Payables or Receivables. You do not want
> > to use "Amounts since last close." You want to use calendar or fiscal
> > year as the summary view. Great Plains 7, 7.5, and 8 are all
> > date-sensitive. This date sensitivity is discussed in the year end
> > processing guides. Previous versions of GP were date sensitive so the
> > instructions remain for those companies that want to do a closing
> > process. Why you would want to if you don't have to is beyond me.
> >
> > I believe they should take away the closing options if the product
> > does not require them.

0
callen (2505)
12/23/2005 12:25:01 AM
I'm ordering the yeard end quide for IV but can you tell me what the
ramifications are of doing transactions before closing the year would be?
Thanks!

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> Alas, inventory must be closed prior to posting any transactions in the new
> year. You can enter but not post. Make sure you get the year end processing
> guide for inventory.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "George Kappel" wrote:
>
> > Is the same true for Inventory?
> >
> > Charles Allen wrote:
> >
> > > It is not necessary to close Payables or Receivables. You do not want
> > > to use "Amounts since last close." You want to use calendar or fiscal
> > > year as the summary view. Great Plains 7, 7.5, and 8 are all
> > > date-sensitive. This date sensitivity is discussed in the year end
> > > processing guides. Previous versions of GP were date sensitive so the
> > > instructions remain for those companies that want to do a closing
> > > process. Why you would want to if you don't have to is beyond me.
> > >
> > > I believe they should take away the closing options if the product
> > > does not require them.

0
miguel (31)
7/24/2006 6:46:02 PM
The turnover report will not be accurate for the current year.
The beginning inventory quantity for the item/site will be inaccurate.
The quantity sold bucket will not be accurate for the current year.

--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Miguel" wrote:

> I'm ordering the yeard end quide for IV but can you tell me what the
> ramifications are of doing transactions before closing the year would be?
> Thanks!
>

> "Charles Allen" wrote:
>
> > Alas, inventory must be closed prior to posting any transactions in the new
> > year. You can enter but not post. Make sure you get the year end processing
> > guide for inventory.
> > --
> > Charles Allen, MVP
> >

> > "George Kappel" wrote:
> >
> > > Is the same true for Inventory?

0
callen (2505)

MSCRMServices "network connection closed" failure
We have another back office system that also maintains the accounts list in parallel with the Accounts records in MSCRM. To keep these lists in sync, we developed a .net app that uses the proxy to insert, update or delete records in the MSCRM database on a regular basis Unfortunately, if there is a large number of operations (about 4000), the methods of the proxy object (such as create of the account object) fail during the soap call stating that the underlying network connection is closed Does someone has a similar experience ? Is the answer an IIS setting ? It may be due to the keepalive...

Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close
When I close the excel application window return the following error message: Microsoft Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience. AppName: excel.exe AppVer: 10.0.6713.0 ModName: msvcrt.dll ModVer: 7.0.2600.3085 Offset: 00037efb I tried to lookup this error in the Knowlwdge Base from Microsoft but I cann't found how to fix the problem. Thanks in advance for any help. Maybe try running Detect and Repair. Goto the Help menu, select Detect and Repair -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Sergio" <Sergio@discussions.microsoft.co...

open form / close form
I have a command button on form A that takes me to form B. I want form A to close upon the execution of form B opening. In the on click event: If I add DoCmd.Close before B opens, I can, for only a moment, see the switchboard before form B opens. If I add DoCmd.Close after B opens, the command closes B. How can I close form A after Form B opens. Instead of DoCmd.Close, I'm assuming I need to close form A by name. Any help would be appreciated. alex DoCmd.Close acForm, Me.Name "alex" <sql_aid@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1180620739.001985.3600@p77g2000hsh.goog...

Closing workbooks w/o closing Excel
Other than shift, file, close all, is there a way to close all open workbooks w/o closing Exel? -- Barb Barb, I think this question has been asked before and I think that the conclusion at the time was no. "Barb in MD" wrote: > Other than shift, file, close all, is there a way to close all open workbooks > w/o closing Exel? > -- > Barb I have a cell lets say it is I33 and it total <10, I want Cell K33 to the = 5, next if Cell I33 = 10:15 the Cell K33 = 10. HOw do I get this to work. -- APK "Barb in MD" wrote: > Other tha...

Excel will not close #3
I have a user who cannot close Excel 2002 either with the x or file and exit. The only way to close it through the task manager. We are using Excel 2002. I tried reinstalling and repairing, but no luck. Any help with this is appreciated. Neil ...

Close Register
I am wondering is there a way to set RMS up, so that only certain employees have to close the register before they start to ring the next transaction? I have some employees who can handle it being open, and other's I notice seem to make mistakes, trying to go too fast. -- Thank You,; Vince Are you talking about forcing a login after each transaction, or forcing the Cash Drawer to be closed before transaction completes? Forcing Login is a storewide setting, although it would be possible to create an add-in that would let you do this based on current cashier. "Wait for Drawe...

Report errors after YE update
We've had approximately 8-10 clients who have installed the year-end update within the past week or two and who have all had issues with modified reports. In certain cases, recreating the reports dictionary has corrected the issues - there have been a couple cases where we were required to recreate the dictionary the following day as well. Some of the issues have included errors such as "Resources in the dictionary cannot be found" or SQL error messages. Other issues have been reports reverting back to the report that is not modified, regardless of the security setup or...

Word 2007 Close QAT Closes Word Session
Unsure how this happened (user stated that it just "started" happening) User has placed a Close command in his Quick Access Toolbar. Whenever the user has only one document open, and he clicks the close icon in the QAT it closes the entire session of Word not just the document. I have removed and replace the command, same thing happens. Any suggestions on how to remedy this would be grateful. Thanks, Sean Your user has placed a Close or Exit (which closes the Word session) command on the QAT - delete that command and replace with Close command (which closes ...

YE Closing
Hi, Just did a Year End Closing in Dynamics 8. First time since upgraded from version 6. Got a few questions. I remember when I did the YE closing in version 6, there is a "Progress" windows display after you hit the [Close Year] button. I didn't see this window this time. Additionally, there is a popup window with the following message after the YE closing report was printed: == Microsoft Business Solutions-Great Plains == The total sort segment length is over 128 bytes == [OK] == Questions: 1. Is it a error message and what does it mean? 2. The progress window n...

Outlook closes down
I have been getting messages with many _ . When I highlight one of them Outlook closes down. I found I could delete them by clicking one legit message and then grouping them. Now, each time I try to open Outlook it opens, but immediately closes down. I am running on XP and have AVG for anti-virus. With many "_" underscore characters? "AikenBubba" <AikenBubba@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6322346B-C937-487E-AEE6-B34930376BB5@microsoft.com... >I have been getting messages with many _ . When I highlight one of them > Outlook c...

Contacts close Outlook
With Outlook open to normal view I can click on the contacts folder and view my contacts, No Problem. When I open my address book to send an e-mail and select contacts, Outlook hangs for about a minute the I get an Error Stating Outlook.exe has caused an error you will need to restart the application, then is closes Outlook completely when you click OK I have reloaded Office. I have deleted my Contacts folder and let it recreate itself. I hacve removed the Outlook Address Book and reinstalled it. HELP!!! ...

Office apps taking a long time to close after 12.2.3
I'm running 10.6.2 and just upgraded to 12.2.3 I'm noticing that most Office apps take a long time to close (up to 10 seconds at times) and they spike the CPU to 100%. Anything I can try to troubleshoot this? -Kevin Not seeing anything like that here... Have you repaired disk permissions since installing the updates? Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 11/11/09 10:48 AM, in article C7204718.11926%netnothing@gmail.com, "K.B." <netnothing@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm running 10.6.2 and just upgraded to 12.2.3 > > I'...

Closing An Account?
Hi,, What does closing an account do (other than grey it out in the account List). I can still open it from the list and i can still enter Transactions in it? All i am trying to do is Close the account,,, but still be able to view it but NOT be able to make any changes ,,,, ive selected Close Account AND ,,, SHOW in List THanks Glyn glyn3@bigpond.com Closing really just hides the account, although it does in addition remove it from the budget and the life time planner. -- Glyn Simpson, Microsoft MVP - Money http://money.mvps.org Check http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh...

Excel-Can't close 1 open Workbook without closing other open Workb
This concerns Excel 10(?). I have Office XP, but it is Office 10 in my explorer files. Problem: I have a few opened Workbooks that I'm working on. When I close one Workbook, it closes all open Workbooks at once. How do I separate them and stop all these from closing at once? Has something changed to the template--"Book1.xls"? If so, how do I correct that? Are you clicking the X in the most upper-right corner? If so, that's closing Excel as a whole, regardless of how many worksheets are open. To close one, click on the X that is below the main one in the upper right ...

How to close a userform in a forusers, close protected form?
If you want to prevent a Userform from closing when the user clicks th x-button in the top right corner of the dialog....... I tried the suggested Macro and it worked. But now I cannot close it myself. Is there a special way to do so because I need to return to m worksheet -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Try hitting Ctrl and Break Then in the VB editor hit the stop/reset button just a guess without seeing the original code. Mark Wielgus www.automateexcel.co -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

VBA
Hi! I would like to close a file without saving changes to the file. The file to close: "Cost.dat" Filename is assigned to a variable - cost = "C:\My Documents\Cost.dat" I am using the code: Workbooks(cost).Close savechanges:=0 I get error message: Subscript out of range Thanks in advance! You don't supply the drive and folder to the workbooks collection. You'll have to separate it so that it looks more like: workbooks("cost.dat").close savechanges:=false But another way is to use a variable to represent that workbook. dim CostWkbk as workboo...

Legend changes after closing file
I have a chart that contains a 2 series bar chart, a line chart and an xy chart (for the purpose of making a verticle line to divide two sections of the chart). In my legend i want to show both series for the bar chart and the line chart - not the xy chart. When I delete the xy chart from the legend it appears fine. Once I save my file, exit and re-open the file my legend is missing one series of the bar chart and in puts the xy chart in place of it. I've tried fixing it several times. Any suggestions? btw I'm using 2007 "Ashley" wrote: > I have a chart that c...

IE Closing
I can run CRM fine on my machine, but when I try other users' machines, the browser just closes immedately. Pop up disabling is not on and the user is a CRM user. Any ideas? Make sure that the users don't have any toolbars (yahoo, msn, ect all contain pop-up blockers). Also, check for spyware. Good luck! >-----Original Message----- >I can run CRM fine on my machine, but when I try other users' machines, the browser just closes immedately. Pop up disabling is not on and the user is a CRM user. Any ideas? >. > ...

close down
Recently, and for no apparent reason, Vista refuses to shut down but restarts a second or so after going through the normal shut down processes (including switching off the monitor). I've tried system restoring to the earliest available without success. I run Vista HP on an Acer L3600 witch has a proprietary motherboard. Several virus checks have been run, including housecall. Google reports various solutions, none of which appear to have worked ad all are several years old. Has a definitive solution been found to this problem? Bill On 31 Aug 2010, "Bill&quo...

How can modeless dialog close parent dialog?
MFC dialog A invokes dialog B, and dialog B creates modeless dialog M. When the focus is in M and user types Enter, I want the dialog M to be destroyed and dialog B exited, as if user had typed Enter while focus was in B. I'm catching Enter in M (by overriding OnOK), and executing OnOK in the parent, B. This closes B, but does not redraw A. How can I accomplish the effect I am looking for? For a modeless dialoog, you must override OnOk and OnCancel to call DestroyWindow and NOT call the superclass OnOK and OnCancel handlers. This is important, because if you do, or you fail ...

Reading properties from closed book
I am trying to read the last date saved from closed workbooks. I downloaded the ReadPropertyFromClosedFile from Chip Pearson's site and selected the DSO OLE Document Properties Reader 2.1 reference. I do not understand the formula syntax. I thought it should be: =ReadPropertyFromClosedFile(Path \Workbookname,BuiltinDocumentProperties(number),Builtin) but it always returns #NAME? Windows 2000 & Excel 2003 ...

WLMail enters when I click CLOSE
I can sign in on my windows live mail everytime I click in CANCEL or CLOSE buttons. So ayone can access my email! PLease, help. -- FAILACE No. That initial sign-in has nothing to do with the password credentials for accessing your mail server. Are you talking about letting visitors use your computer? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "FAILACE" <FAILACE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message = news:34014BE6-097D-47E6-A4DC-3133322B6D57@microsoft.com... >I can sign in on my w...

Observation on closing this newsgroup
If/when Microsoft does close down this hierarchy of usenet, where will all the idiots go to ask about the Windows 7 newsgroups??? Just wonderin'! -- The seabat Filtering GoogleGroups & Goobers with extreme prejudice! Usenet Improvement Project: R.I.P. Lee aka Blinky the Shark To the same place we've been sending them all along. "The Seabat" <seabat@boardermail.com> wrote in message news:huu8g3$3a0$1@news.eternal-september.org... : : If/when Microsoft does close down this hierarchy of usenet, where will : all the idiots go to ask about the Wind...

Professional Services Tools Library stored procedure not found
I am using the Professional Services Tools Library version 8.0.10 inside GP 8.0. When I attempt to perform a Customer Modifier operation I get the following error: Unhandled script exception: [Microsoft][ODBC SQL Server Driver][SQL Server] Could not find stored procedure 'DYNAMICS.dbo.aagGetCompanyStatus'. I have verified the setup of my DNS, uninstalled and reinstalled PSTL and have performed other functions inside PSTL and they work OK. However, with Customer Modifier I get the above listed error. What am I missing to fix this problem? Russ Roberts ...

Closes on it's own
Well, this is a new one for me, my Outlook closes on it's own after being launched for just a few minutes. I am running the detect and repair untitlity as we speak, but I have a feeling that is not going to fix it. I have been using my Outlook 2000 for over a year with no problems at all. Also, I run it on my Windows 2000 Server platform. If any gurus out there know what is going on help would be appreciated. Thanks. ...