xp locks up with great plains 6.0

Has anyone experiences great plains locking up with windows xp sp2.
Everything else works except when I go to print the program locks up.  when I
first get into great plains I can print for a while.  If I am on great plains
for a while without printing.  Then when I go to print it locks up.

I then have to have someone boot me off the great plains system.

This only occurs in Great Plains.

Thanks,

Francisco.
0
Francisco (14)

I would check the list of compatiable printers for GP 6.0 and see if it is on
the "black list".  You may want to try to download the latest print driver as
well if you haven't already.

"francisco" wrote:

> Has anyone experiences great plains locking up with windows xp sp2.
> Everything else works except when I go to print the program locks up.  when I
> first get into great plains I can print for a while.  If I am on great plains
> for a while without printing.  Then when I go to print it locks up.
>
> I then have to have someone boot me off the great plains system.
>
> This only occurs in Great Plains.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Francisco.
0
JTT_IMIT (20)
1/23/2006 8:50:02 PM
There is an issue with installing GP 6 on a Windows XP sp2 machine. I don't
know if this issue is causing your problem but it is probably related.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"JTT" wrote:

> I would check the list of compatiable printers for GP 6.0 and see if it is on
> the "black list".  You may want to try to download the latest print driver as
> well if you haven't already.
>
> "francisco" wrote:
>
> > Has anyone experiences great plains locking up with windows xp sp2.
> > Everything else works except when I go to print the program locks up.  when I
> > first get into great plains I can print for a while.  If I am on great plains
> > for a while without printing.  Then when I go to print it locks up.
> >
> > I then have to have someone boot me off the great plains system.
> >
> > This only occurs in Great Plains.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Francisco.
0
callen (2505)
1/24/2006 8:08:26 PM

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> There is an issue with installing GP 6 on a Windows XP sp2 machine. I don't
> know if this issue is causing your problem but it is probably related.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "JTT" wrote:
>
> > I would check the list of compatiable printers for GP 6.0 and see if it is on
> > the "black list".  You may want to try to download the latest print driver as
> > well if you haven't already.
> >
> > "francisco" wrote:
> >
> > > Has anyone experiences great plains locking up with windows xp sp2.
> > > Everything else works except when I go to print the program locks up.  when I
> > > first get into great plains I can print for a while.  If I am on great plains
> > > for a while without printing.  Then when I go to print it locks up.
> > >
> > > I then have to have someone boot me off the great plains system.
> > >
> > > This only occurs in Great Plains.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > >
> > > Francisco.

Thanks Guys,

These are good suggestions.  To complicate matters, I upgraded a windows
2000 machine to sp4. It too is locking up.  It seems to drop the network
connection quickly and therefore errors out.

Again, any help apreciated.

Francisco.
0
Francisco (14)

Auto correct the accidental use of cAPS LOCK. not working #2
I use OL2003 and have checked the box to auto correct the accidental use of cAPS LOCK. This hasn't worked has become very annoying.I use Outlook as the editor, not Word. OS is XPsp2 It is a Word feature so you must be using Word for this to work. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, swoffa asked: | I use OL2003 and have checked the box to auto correct the accidental | use of cAPS LOCK. This hasn't worked has be...

xp/vista incompatability?
I created several pub files using office 2007. I pasted in multiple Word docs created with two computers, one using XP, the other using Vista. The files using docs from both computers will not open ("publisher cannot open this file" error). I ran a test with 6 Word docs created on XP pasted into a publisher file, opened closed it with Vista computer, no problem. Pasted 1 Word doc created on Vista into the same file then closed and tried to reopen document but got the aformentioned error message. I tried the registry fixes Mary Sauer suggested but no results. Thumbnails of...

0.1383774 Like What Is In Here? 0.1063334
0.2024654 Like What Is In Here? 0.9140694 0.1383774 Now Visit http://www.clicklinknow.com/ss/ 0.1063334 ...

Locking Form and Subform-What am I doing wrong?
Okay, I have a form that includes a checkbox "Closed_Check", when this box is checked I need to lock that specific record in the form and subform. Currently I've tried: If Closed_Check = True Then Me.AllowEdits = False Me.AllowDeletions = False Else Me.AllowEdits = True Me.AllowDeletions = True End If and placed this in the On Current event field for both the form and subform. It works, problem is it locks the following records that are not closed. What am I missing? HELP -- Lori A. Pong With continuous forms, it...

Users get locked out
I've got an app in VB6 that users access as a database. Some users are reporting that it is all working ok until 1 particular user connects to the database. When they do they get the error below. On several occasions I've sent an email saying that it must be network permissions and not had a reply. Usually that means it fixed the issue and they don't want to admit it was their fault but it makes it difficult because I have no idea what the solution was. Has anyone encountered this? Is there an easy way to reproduce it on my machine? I don't think it's anything to do ...

Installation of Office XP SP3 issue...
I am using the Outlook 2002 client. Since I have installed Office XP "Service Pack 3", I have noticed that each time a mail message arrives in my mailbox, a window pop's up stating that ... A program is trying to access email addresss you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this? etc... This is really annoying. How do I turn this off?? Thanks, Brad See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outl...

After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it
The subject line says it all. On my Toshiba Tablet PC, "After XP sp2 upgrade, Outlook 2003 crashes every time a Contact is saved or links to other contacts added to it" (via the Contact's "Contacts..." link button). The error signature is always the same: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 11.0.6353.0 AppStamp:408f2937 ModName: mso.dll ModVer: 11.0.6360.0 ModStamp:40d147de fDebug: 0 Offset: 0001f0e3d And I always send a report to Microsoft (about 115K each), but there is no response giving a fix as there sometimes is. With www.Microsoft.com -> Windows Update, I ha...

Office XP transfer of files to new PC
I am transfering files from my old PC to a new one and I want to take my Office XP just as it is on the old one to the new one; settings and all. Anyone know how to do this? First, you must reinstall Office. Then you can configure Outlook to use the same Outlook Data File (PST file) you were using before instead of the new blank one it created when you installed Outlook: - Go to Tools > Options > Mail Setup > Data Files > Add... - Add the PST you'd like as your new default, then Close > OK to exit the Options dialog - Go to Tools > E-mail Accounts > View or chan...

How to add DHCP mgmt console to XP
Hi Is there a way I can manage DHCP running on SBS2003, or at least look into the current lease list from an XP client? How can I run the dhcpmgmt.msc from an XP client? Thanks Franz Maybe RDC into the SBS from the XP client? -Larry -Please post the resolution to your issue so others may benefit. -Get Your SBS Health Check at www.sbsbpa.com > Hi > > Is there a way I can manage DHCP running on SBS2003, or at least look > into the current lease list from an XP client? > How can I run the dhcpmgmt.msc from an XP client? > Thanks > Franz Tha...

Microsoft Office XP excel 2003
When I open Excel 2003 the splash screen hangs for 30 seconds to about a minute and then excel opens and behaves normally. All other office programs such as Word etc open quickly and behave normally. If Excel is opened in safe mode , the program opens rapidly without any splash screen at all. Any explanations and indeed a cure for this behaviour ? Regards -- FLYNNE When you open excel in safe mode, you're not opening the addins or stuff in your XLStart folder or your customized toolbar. If you don't have lots of addins turned on and don't have lots of stuff in your XLS...

Great Plains ERP Analyst position in Reno NV
Skagen Designs is looking for a Great Plains/ MS Dynamics ERP SQL person to help take our company to that next level. Skagen Designs is a Watch design house that has been growing by 20% per year for the last 3 years. This position would sit in Reno, NV. Reno was named the number one city to live in by INC magazine. SUMMARY: Assist the company in developing its capabilities in using its ERP system to its fullest capabilities to improve information, decisions, efficiency, and accuracy in support of the companies' strategies. Review, analyze, evaluate and improve business systems to fit use...

Publisher 2002 photo and graphic problems on xp
Microsoft Publisher 2002 works well on my old computer with Windows 98. However, I installed Pub. 2002 in my new computer with Windows XP and have many problems with photos and graphics just showing outline or no image at all. Is 2002 compatable with Windows XP? Yes, Publisher 2002 is compatible with Windows XP, it should work better than it did on 98. View, pictures, detailed display. If this isn't the solution.... Even though your computer is new, it doesn't necessarily mean your video driver is up to date. Try this: Slide the acceleration down on your adapter, control panel,...

Scroll Lock?
What purpose is the scroll lock key on the keyboard. What does it actually do? I see no difference whether it is engaged or not. wrong ng <G> -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "OhMarty" <ohmarty@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message news:eIsNLmTXEHA.3044@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > What purpose is the scroll lock key on the keyboard. What does it actually > do? I see no difference whether it is engaged or not. > > Select cell A1, press down arrow and you will see that the cell will change to A2, A3 and so on No do the same with scroll lock on...

Macro help required please!
Help! I have a workbook (which I've attached) from which I have to extract data - every time a field named "ReportID" changes I need to create a new workbook from a template and copy certain cell contents to the new workbook. For example if the first set of ReportID records has three records in it I need to create one new workbook then copy cells from just this block of cells. Then I need it to loop down to the next block of ReportID fields and do the same thing - so for example if there are twenty records in the ReoprtID field copy data into one new workbook. Any help much ...

Money 2001 and xp #2
Hi, I've been using money for some time but just recently I keep on getting this message " this opperation cannot be preformed " and each time I go from one account to onther this box keeps poping up and then the other box opens asking do I want to send this report to Microsoft can you suggest for me what to do i CAN'T SEEM TO GET ONTO MICROSOFT TO HELP ME OUT Regards Robert (Australia ) In microsoft.public.money, Robert Herod wrote: >I've been using money for some time but just recently I >keep on getting this message " this opperation cannot be &g...

Server Active Sync and Windows Mobile 5.0
Does any body know if there is a new version of the CertChk tool which is working with a Windows Mobile 5.0 device? The CertChk tool is not working with my new T-Mobile MDA Pro (WM50 device). I have no problems with a device running Windows Mobile 2003. Thanks for any help Regards Sandro Pizzingrilli ...

ACCESS 2.0 01-24-04
Is it possible to save /convert access xp to 2.0 version? thx. Nope. You can go back to A97. -- Joe Fallon Access MVP "tony wong" <x34@hknet.com> wrote in message news:%23EfICgh4DHA.3224@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is it possible to save /convert access xp to 2.0 version? thx. > > You can export all the objects to an Access 2.0 database. From Access 2.0 to Access XP is a long trip, so some things probably won't work. (david) "tony wong" <x34@hknet.com> wrote in message news:%23EfICgh4DHA.3224@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Is it possible ...

FRx 6.7: Accounts Not Displaying In Row File
I have successfully created Financial Statements for two of our three companies. However, I’m having a problem with the third one. In creating the row file, I specify a range from account 30000 through 99999. Most accounts show up in the list. Some don’t. The following account string will be my example of an existing account, with a balance, that does not show up in the row file: 00000-30035-00000 (30035 is the main account) If I manually insert a row into the row file, type in the description, and click the down arrow for the GL Link, the account does not display in the drop down. Ho...

Shift/Control Key locked
I need help!!! I am creating an Excel worksheet (XP) and my settings seem to have changed. when I select an individual cell, Excel is selecting several cells at the same time, as if I have the Shift/Control key down at the same time, even though I don't?? Also, when I have the caps lock on, it prints lower case and vice versa. This has only just happened, I have been using Excel all morning. What can I do to rectify it??? Any urgent help would be appreciated. Thank you. Louise Try this, Louise: http://www.officearticles.com/excel/cursor_keeps_selecting_cells_in_microsoft_excel....

Folder sharing in XP Home vs. XP Pro?
Why is it that I can mount shared folders coming from my desktop running XP Pro onto my laptop running XP Home, but not vice-versa? I don't think I've done anything different between the two machines when sharing out folders. Yousuf Khan "Yousuf Khan" <bbbl67@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4b4001f8$1@news.bnb-lp.com... > Why is it that I can mount shared folders coming from my desktop running > XP Pro onto my laptop running XP Home, but not vice-versa? I don't think > I've done anything different between the two machines when shar...

Can't Send Messages Using Outlook Web Access & XP
Our users with Windows XP cannot send messages using OWA. I've read a few KB articles about some incompatabilities between XP and OWA, but none of the proposed fixes (using the "basic" rather than "premium" client, or changing the security settings in IE) seem to solve this last problem. When they click on "send", it generates an unspecified "error on page". The problem occurs using IE and Firefox, but just on XP machines. My Windows 2000 machine works fine using IE and even my Macintosh using Safari (gasp!) works. ...

XP Pro desktop Search updates
Need to know the numbers of updates to XP desktop search. Particularly the one that lost me the dog (Search Companion) and gave me Desktop Search. The latest update is 4 and I have not installed that. Zeus cf. http://windowsteamblog.com/blogs/windowsexperience/archive/2008/06/03/windows-search-4-0-released-to-web.aspx & http://support.microsoft.com/kb/940157 Zeus wrote: > Need to know the numbers of updates to XP desktop search. Particularly the > one that lost me the dog (Search Companion) and gave me Desktop Search. > The > latest update is 4 and I have...

Multiple CRM 3.0 Installs in One Domain
We'd like to have 2 CRM 3.0 environments (dev and production) such that crm.domain.com points to production and crmtest.domain.com points to a dev environment. These will be mutually exclusive environments in that they will not need to share data. The dev environment will serve 2 purposes. 1. development arena - custom entities, callouts, etc 2. training arena - for internal company use I hear a lot of talk about CRM supporting such a configuration, but no reference to where I can find the documentation that would tell us how to implement it. Can anyone help out with that? Also, if...

Upgrade from NT 4.0 to Win 2003/ex 2003
I did an upgrade of Win NT 4. server to Win 2003 and since then the Win 2000 client machines can not browse my network places. It always gives the error: "XYZDom" is not accessible. The list of servers for this work group is not currently available". Initially before the upgrade, there was one NT 4 PDC and two BDCs. The BDCs run exchange 5.5 server. On the PDC I did an in-place upgrade to Win server 2003 and then migrated the mail boxes from exchange 5.5 to echange 2003 using active directory connector (ADC)before installing exchange 2003 on the PDC. The NT 4 domain was...

CRM 3.0 03-09-06
Have anyone successfully used httpModule in CRM 3.0. I hava a simple module that injects the javascript code and it does not seem to work with CRM3.0. ...