Writing Text File with code UTF-8

Hello
Does somebody know how to write a Text File with code UTF-8 from
Dexterity?
I know that are 3 functions to write text files:
TextFile_Writeline()
TextFile_WriteDOS()
TextFile_WriteText()
But there is not therein a parameter to achieve text file be written
with code UTF-8.
I=92ll appreciate your guide.
Best regards.

0
see07 (11)

------=_NextPart_0001_A41C49B3

Dexterity does not support double byte or unicode.  You might need to use COM or win32 dll calls to get the OS to write the file for you.

The difference between WriteLine and WriteDOS is the handling of carriage returns.  Dexterity (WriteLine) just uses <CR> char(13), while
WriteDOS uses <CR><LF> char(13)+char(10).

David

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

mailto:David dot Musgrave at microsoft dot com
http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.

------=_NextPart_0001_A41C49B3

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang3081{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Dexterity does not support double byte or unicode.  You might need to use COM or win32 dll calls to get the OS to write the file for you.
\par
\par The difference between WriteLine and WriteDOS is the handling of carriage returns.  Dexterity (WriteLine) just uses <CR> char(13), while WriteDOS uses <CR><LF> char(13)+char(10).
\par
\par David
\par
\par David Musgrave [MSFT]
\par Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
\par Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
\par
\par Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
\par http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
\par
\par mailto:David dot Musgrave at microsoft dot com
\par http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP
\par
\par Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_A41C49B3--

0
dmusgrav7144 (312)
11/2/2009 3:16:50 AM
------=_NextPart_0001_B3B184AE

Hi Adolfo

Do you have any further questions?

Thanks

David

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP

http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics

mailto:David dot Musgrave at microsoft dot com
http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP

Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.

------=_NextPart_0001_B3B184AE

{\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252\deff0\deflang3081{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fprq2\fcharset0 MS Sans Serif;}}
\viewkind4\uc1\pard\f0\fs20 Hi Adolfo
\par
\par Do you have any further questions?
\par
\par Thanks
\par
\par David
\par
\par David Musgrave [MSFT]
\par Escalation Engineer - Microsoft Dynamics GP
\par Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific
\par
\par Microsoft Dynamics (formerly Microsoft Business Solutions)
\par http://www.microsoft.com/Dynamics
\par
\par mailto:David dot Musgrave at microsoft dot com
\par http://blogs.msdn.com/DevelopingForDynamicsGP
\par
\par Any views contained within are my personal views and not necessarily Microsoft policy.
\par
\par }
------=_NextPart_0001_B3B184AE--

0
dmusgrav7144 (312)

removing a text box in a chart
I've inserted a text box into a chart but realise i no longer need it. How do you remove it? any help would be great. Oliver Hi, Have you tried selecting it and pressing the Delete key? Cheers Andy Oliver S wrote: > I've inserted a text box into a chart but realise i no longer need it. > > How do you remove it? > > any help would be great. > Oliver ...

Enlarge text in Inbox
Is there a way to increase font tesxt size in the INBOX mailbox before opening mail? How depends somewhat on your version of Outlook. View | Current View | Customize Current View | Other Settings in some versions. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "bb indy" <bb indy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1F0F5A0F-0668-4728-8BC1-694FE6A7CB61@microsoft.com... >...

Command button on click code
Can someone give me and example code to transfer a DB with a command button click to my ftp server? Thanks Klaus ...

Is there a way for Windows Service to Read/Write HKCU Reg key ?
Hi: I'm writing a Windows Service program which needs to read/write the HKEY_CURRENT_USER registry key for the current logged on user. I know that for a Windows service does not have concept of HKCU since it is always running in SYSTEM's context. But is there a way (trick?) for a service to access the HKCU registry key? Thanks In Advance ! Polaris Hello Try, from a user application (the one that is logged on, or the current user), to send the services the user's SID. Then access the HKCU through HKEY_USERS\users_sid\............ Hope that helps, Elias "Polaris&qu...

Macro Help- combining "CS" files
Below is the macro I have to go to a certain file and combine all spreadsheets. I did not write this macro myself. I just received it and modified it to work for my situation. When this maco is run it gets to the first file and says I cannot change a read only file and says I must unprotect the worksheet. This sheet is not protected but I really only want to copy the info on it anyway. Is there a way to modify this macro to copy the information. I could save all of the "CS" files as new files but that would defeat the purpose of automating this job Any help is greatly a...

Import data from DBF files
What's the best way to import a large dbf file into Access (records from a DBase file)? I have one dbf that has over 220,000 records in it. It gets to about 75% and says "The search key was not found in any record." Everything is patched to the max (Windows, Office, Jet, etc). This doesn't happen with any other dbf file, but they are all smaller. Also, oddly, I can copy and paste 50,000 records in a shot and paste them through a query, but I don't want to keep doing that for every large dbf I have. The Access tables have no problem holding the data, just transf...

pst files and VPN issues
I'm looking for suggestions on how to configure .pst files for remote users who access a network using VPN. Due to the large size of these files (often over a gigabyte), Outlook's performance is seriously affected and often freezes during the archive process. What are your company's polices for remote users accessing .pst files and is there a way short of saving them locally to access them without affecting Outlook's performance? If the .pst has to be stored and backed up locally, does anyone have security advice for protecting .pst files with sensitive material? Encrypted f...

"File not found" and "The form name is misspelled..." errors
I am still bulding a database. It contains no data, and contains no embedded macros. Yet, when I go to build code, I get these errors: "File not found" followed by "The form name * is misspelled or refers to a form the doesn't exist" The problem does not lie in the form that automatically opens when the database opens, and there are no embedded macros (I've read that these are the two main places an error such as this can occur). I did a search in the code box, and do find the two subforms listed even though neither contains any kind of code. I ca...

Write
I am trying to change the default margins. I am requested to use the Write mode to do this. What is Write, and how do I access it? Are you using voice recognition? Margins are simply changed in the Arrange Menu in Publisher. Are you in the right newsgroup? -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "CBC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:183bb01c44a40$107bd5d0$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I am trying to change the default margins. I am requested > to use the Write mode to do this. W...

How to get the sectors/clusters of a particular file?
Hi, How to get the sectors/clusters of a particular file? I am working on Windows 2000. Hoping to get a reply soon. TIA. regards, Jahfer V P. No particular way I know of. If you have certain privileges you might be able to use DeviceIoControl(), but there isn't much you can do with this information. joe On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 23:33:02 -0700, "Jahfer V P" <JahferVP@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >How to get the sectors/clusters of a particular file? >I am working on Windows 2000. > >Hoping to get a reply soon. >TIA. > >regards, &g...

XSLT: Creating anchors from outer XML files
Hi, I'm trying to put the links (href attribute of the <a> element) out of my XSLT files, in a XML file, and read it from the stylesheet. I suppose that I have to use the document() function to link to the XML file containing the URLs, but I don't know how to do it. I've tried something like this: This is XML file containing the URLs (link.xml): <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> <LINKS> <L1> /SomePage.aspx </L1> </LINKS> And this is the code from the stylesheet: <a href="{document('link.xml')/L...

write protect/write redirect/kios mode
Hey, I LOVE snapshots in virtualmachines and think it would be awesome to have something like this for my main windows install. Anyone know of any hardware/software to redirect writes to another drive/file/memory/hardware? Or hardware to write protect a drive for kios's (i found some once befor the reverted all changes on shutdown, but cant find it anymore ><) I know VSS(virtual shadow copy service) has a function to redirect on write and wondering if i might be able to use that :/ It will just make everything cleaner, and give alot of flexiblity to setting up ...

How to replace two system files?
I have an XP machine. Have just replaced a couple files from a W7 machine. The files are:- c:\windows\system32\drivers\disk.sys c:\windows\system32\drivers\partmgr.sys ....and now I can't boot the XP machine. How to get back to before I replaced the files? Thanks. "John Smith" <JohnSmith@nospam.com> wrote in message news:uLL8mqL0KHA.264@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > I have an XP machine. Have just replaced a couple files from a W7 machine. > The files are:- > c:\windows\system32\drivers\disk.sys > c:\windows\system32\drivers\partmgr.sys > ....

How do I force sent mails to be plain text, not HTML?
Hi, In OE6 there is a handy feature "Reply to msgs using the format in which they where sent" in Tools - Options - Send. When I want to force each outgoing email to be sent as plain text, I just uncheck that (and select plain text as Mail Sending Format). AFAICT there is no way to do that in OE2000, ar am I missing something? TIA! Mike - Oops! Typo! Please read: "AFAICT there is no way to do that in OE2000, ar am I missing something?" - Cool! You cloaked your email addy! LOL "Jim Pickering" <&#106&#105&#109&#112&#64&#109&#118&a...

Cannot open .msg files saved from Outlook to network share
Some of my users have dragged and dropped emails into their network shares creating .msg files. When they try to open some of the files they get the following popup: 'The messaging interface has generated an unknown error. If the problem persists, restart Outlook.' This only happens for some of the saved emails. They are using Outlook 2000 from Office. God only knows why they did this and didn't use autoarchive! How many training sessions does someone have to do?! Anyway, anyone know how I can open them or even better, why I cant? Regards Dave ...

Cannot write to memory location
I can not (all of the sudden) run Publisher in the last week. When starting to run it, I get that it cannot write to a certain memory locaiton, so it is shutting down. I need to get this program working. I have read through this forum and tried the different fixes as well as the knowledge base (emptied the temp file, disabled anti-virus, etc.) but it still won't work. An example is: "The instruction at "0x77f585c0" referenced memory at "0x00000000". the memory could not be "written". Click on OK to terminate the program." The header read...

fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mfc71.lib'
I have a project that was built with VS 2003. After doing the auto conversion with VS 2005, I now get this error message when linking: fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mfc71.lib' There is only one .cpp file in this project. There is no reference to MFC71.lib in the project. Any ideas? > I have a project that was built with VS 2003. After doing the auto > conversion with VS 2005, I now get this error message when linking: > > fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'mfc71.lib' > > There is only one .cpp file in this project. There is no reference to &g...

Temp file folder?
I'm using xp and OE6 I d/l'd aWHOLE bunch of encoded mp3files. During the compile and decode process my pc crashed. I suspect I have a WHOLE bunch of temp files somewhere. that I want to clean up. Any idea as to their location? Regards, Lawrence L Mossford <lmossford1@shaw.ca> wrote: > I'm using xp and OE6 Wrong newsgroup. > I d/l'd aWHOLE bunch of encoded mp3files. During the compile and > decode process my pc crashed. I suspect I have a WHOLE bunch of temp > files somewhere. that I want to clean up. Temporary Internet Files, perhaps? -- Brian...

text boxes
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I can't seem to find any basic instructions on text boxes in Word for Mac 2008. Help menu is no good, and on mactopia I can only find answers to a few tricky specific problems. Could someone please direct me to where I can find text box 101? Thanks. This is about as close as you'll get [Unless Jim G comes along with page references in his Dummies book :-)]. It's from the Word 2003 Help but there's little � if any � difference in 2004/2008: <http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/word/HP052381641033.aspx?pid=CH0634...

Writing formula for excel worksheet
Item Rate1 Rate2 Rate3 A 3 4 6 B 8 5 23 C 56 5 78 Above is my excel sheet. I want to write some formula so that in every row cell having minimum rate should come bold. Like For Item A - Rate1(3) for Item B - Rate2(5) For Item C - Rate2 (5) There may be a neater way but this works. Somewhere in you sheet in a cell type =min(A1:a4), I used L1 Change this to watever range you are trying to evaluate. Then select this range and click format - conditional format - cell value - is equal to =($L$1) and apply your bold font. The lowest value in the range will then become bold. Mike "Gaur...

Change text with leading zeros into decimal
Hello, I am trying to change about 7,000 records right now, so I need som help that will not include manual changes. There is a column of tex data that needs to be changed into decimals; sounds easy, but many o them have leading zeros, which I need to stay. So I need the followin transfrmation: 0003456 into .0003456 Can anyone please help me !!! Thanks!!! -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following formula in an adjacent column (if A stores your values): =VALUE("0." & A1) copy this down Afgter this you can copy the entire helper column and use ...

how do i write checkbox to.....
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------050607000103070200020407 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit how do i write checkbox1 boolean to xml in vb6 i can only do cstr( checkbox1.value) but in vb.net can't write to xml. i am doing irc chat similar to mirc or pirch chat. rw.WriteConfigInfo("User Modes", chkInvisible.Text, chkInvisible.Checked, "PirateChat.xml") in procedure events: ' Both the Key and the Value are filled ' Find the key ...

Opening a 70k record DIF file
Dear All, does anyone have any ideas on how to open a .DIF file into excel which contains 70,000 records? Thanks Adam "Adam" wrote... >does anyone have any ideas on how to open a .DIF file >into excel which contains 70,000 records? DIF files are plain but formatted text files. It's theoretically possible to read them from VBA as text files, entering records in multiple worksheets, but you'd need to understand their layout. How was this DIF file generated? Not by Excel, since it couldn't have generated more than 65,536 records. Any chance you could use the ...

Placein the value of a combo Box column into a text box
This should be easy! Here is the code... Private Sub Combo18_AfterUpdate() Me![SchoolID] = Me!Combo18.Column(1) Me![Counselor Name] = Me!Combo18.Column(2) End Sub The problem is that it will not accept the first line: Me![SchoolID] = Me!Combo18.Column(1) If I move it around it is perfectly willing to place the counselor's name into the correct text box, but for the schoolID it says I have to save the record first. Anyone have any idea why??? I've checked and rechecked spelling, properties, etc! Thanks for any help you can give. On Thu, 3 Jan 2008 07:52:02 -0800, Betsy <B...

Text Box #2
Besides some other strange problems with Publisher 2007, now whenever I use the text box, there's a round circle with 4 small lines sticking out of the circle. I can't delete the 'symbol' without deleting the whole text box! Used to work correctly before I had to re-install. Used to just have a clean empty text box. Now there's this round symbol in it. Help! Are you using the trial version? Do a detect and repair from the help menu. Can you do a print screen and send me the result? mary-sauer at columbus.rr.com -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com...