would a SQL service pack help for Crystal?

Hello:

There is a Crystal XI report that we developed for a client.  Without going
into detail, there is a routine in GP 10.0 (version 10.00.0774) that is run
by the client.  At the conclusion of that routine, they run this Crystal
report.

They noticed that, after running this routine and refreshing the Crystal
report, the data was not appearing accurately on the report.  Later, they
refreshed the Crystal report again and the report was indeed accurate.  No
data was entered or updated into GP between the two times that the Crystal
report ws refreshed.  Obviously, the concern is why does data appear
differently and accurately later in the day if no data or updates have been
performed in GP?

They are on SQL 2005 with SP1.  Would putting on an updated SQL service pack
"speed up" the communication between the SQL tables and the Crystal report?
Perhaps, there is a time delay in the communication.  Could temp tables be
"clogging" the communication?

childofthe1980s

Child,

The key in your question is "there is a routine ... that is run by the
client". What does this routine do? Is it using cursors to retrieve the data?
What is the size of the data set that is being targeted? Does the tables have
the proper indexes? This does not seem like a service pack or report issue,
but rather a performance issue with the query itself (process) that generates
the data. If this is the case, there is no service pack that's going to fix
this.

Best regards,
--
MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP

"childofthe1980s" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> There is a Crystal XI report that we developed for a client.  Without going
> into detail, there is a routine in GP 10.0 (version 10.00.0774) that is run
> by the client.  At the conclusion of that routine, they run this Crystal
> report.
>
> They noticed that, after running this routine and refreshing the Crystal
> report, the data was not appearing accurately on the report.  Later, they
> refreshed the Crystal report again and the report was indeed accurate.  No
> data was entered or updated into GP between the two times that the Crystal
> report ws refreshed.  Obviously, the concern is why does data appear
> differently and accurately later in the day if no data or updates have been
> performed in GP?
>
> They are on SQL 2005 with SP1.  Would putting on an updated SQL service pack
> "speed up" the communication between the SQL tables and the Crystal report?
> Perhaps, there is a time delay in the communication.  Could temp tables be
> "clogging" the communication?
>
> childofthe1980s
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
7/23/2008 9:06:13 PM
What about a GP service pack (Sp1?)?

childofthe1980s

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Child,
>
> The key in your question is "there is a routine ... that is run by the
> client". What does this routine do? Is it using cursors to retrieve the data?
> What is the size of the data set that is being targeted? Does the tables have
> the proper indexes? This does not seem like a service pack or report issue,
> but rather a performance issue with the query itself (process) that generates
> the data. If this is the case, there is no service pack that's going to fix
> this.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "childofthe1980s" wrote:
>
> > Hello:
> >
> > There is a Crystal XI report that we developed for a client.  Without going
> > into detail, there is a routine in GP 10.0 (version 10.00.0774) that is run
> > by the client.  At the conclusion of that routine, they run this Crystal
> > report.
> >
> > They noticed that, after running this routine and refreshing the Crystal
> > report, the data was not appearing accurately on the report.  Later, they
> > refreshed the Crystal report again and the report was indeed accurate.  No
> > data was entered or updated into GP between the two times that the Crystal
> > report ws refreshed.  Obviously, the concern is why does data appear
> > differently and accurately later in the day if no data or updates have been
> > performed in GP?
> >
> > They are on SQL 2005 with SP1.  Would putting on an updated SQL service pack
> > "speed up" the communication between the SQL tables and the Crystal report?
> > Perhaps, there is a time delay in the communication.  Could temp tables be
> > "clogging" the communication?
> >
> > childofthe1980s
Sorry, Nope....
Look at how your tables are joined, are you creating a view on the report,
etc...
This is strictly a crystal/odbc connection thing, has nada to do with GP.
Mike
MG Consulting

"childofthe1980s" <childofthe1980s@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:896D7A35-54E0-4829-84BF-95125FFF2814@microsoft.com...
> What about a GP service pack (Sp1?)?
>
> childofthe1980s
>
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
>> Child,
>>
>> The key in your question is "there is a routine ... that is run by the
>> client". What does this routine do? Is it using cursors to retrieve the
>> data?
>> What is the size of the data set that is being targeted? Does the tables
>> have
>> the proper indexes? This does not seem like a service pack or report
>> issue,
>> but rather a performance issue with the query itself (process) that
>> generates
>> the data. If this is the case, there is no service pack that's going to
>> fix
>> this.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> --
>> MG.-
>> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
>> Maximum Global Business, LLC
>> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>>

>> "childofthe1980s" wrote:
>>
>> > Hello:
>> >
>> > There is a Crystal XI report that we developed for a client.  Without
>> > going
>> > into detail, there is a routine in GP 10.0 (version 10.00.0774) that is
>> > run
>> > by the client.  At the conclusion of that routine, they run this
>> > Crystal
>> > report.
>> >
>> > They noticed that, after running this routine and refreshing the
>> > Crystal
>> > report, the data was not appearing accurately on the report.  Later,
>> > they
>> > refreshed the Crystal report again and the report was indeed accurate.
>> > No
>> > data was entered or updated into GP between the two times that the
>> > Crystal
>> > report ws refreshed.  Obviously, the concern is why does data appear
>> > differently and accurately later in the day if no data or updates have
>> > been
>> > performed in GP?
>> >
>> > They are on SQL 2005 with SP1.  Would putting on an updated SQL service
>> > pack
>> > "speed up" the communication between the SQL tables and the Crystal
>> > report?
>> > Perhaps, there is a time delay in the communication.  Could temp tables
>> > be
>> > "clogging" the communication?
>> >
>> > childofthe1980s

Again, nothing to do with SQL Server or GP service packs. Think about it: the
process runs and few minutes/hours later data shows up. What does it tell you?

1 - The process is slow -- check for cursors, loops, nested loops, etc
2 - The process -- if scheduled -- is not running on the correct schedule
3 - The data set targeted by the process is large, which means the queries
may need to be optimized or the tables targeted by the query may need
additional indexes.

If everything else behaves acceptably, then you are not dealing with a
hardware issue.

Best regards,
--

"childofthe1980s" wrote:

> What about a GP service pack (Sp1?)?
>
> childofthe1980s
>
> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > Child,
> >
> > The key in your question is "there is a routine ... that is run by the
> > client". What does this routine do? Is it using cursors to retrieve the data?
> > What is the size of the data set that is being targeted? Does the tables have
> > the proper indexes? This does not seem like a service pack or report issue,
> > but rather a performance issue with the query itself (process) that generates
> > the data. If this is the case, there is no service pack that's going to fix
> > this.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> >

> > "childofthe1980s" wrote:
> >
> > > Hello:
> > >
> > > There is a Crystal XI report that we developed for a client.  Without going
> > > into detail, there is a routine in GP 10.0 (version 10.00.0774) that is run
> > > by the client.  At the conclusion of that routine, they run this Crystal
> > > report.
> > >
> > > They noticed that, after running this routine and refreshing the Crystal
> > > report, the data was not appearing accurately on the report.  Later, they
> > > refreshed the Crystal report again and the report was indeed accurate.  No
> > > data was entered or updated into GP between the two times that the Crystal
> > > report ws refreshed.  Obviously, the concern is why does data appear
> > > differently and accurately later in the day if no data or updates have been
> > > performed in GP?
> > >
> > > They are on SQL 2005 with SP1.  Would putting on an updated SQL service pack
> > > "speed up" the communication between the SQL tables and the Crystal report?
> > > Perhaps, there is a time delay in the communication.  Could temp tables be
> > > "clogging" the communication?
> > >
> > > childofthe1980s
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
7/23/2008 9:58:01 PM
Just thought of something to ping off Mariano, if you run a sql trace during
the routine, and after the routine is "done" in great plains, is the trace
still showing activity within it? Keep in mind, ONLY have the one person
logged into gp, and filter out some of the noise within the trace to help
track that down. I think Marino is right, there's something nested here
possilby that is slowing down the updating of data.
Mike

"Mariano Gomez" <MarianoGomez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Again, nothing to do with SQL Server or GP service packs. Think about it:
> the
> process runs and few minutes/hours later data shows up. What does it tell
> you?
>
> 1 - The process is slow -- check for cursors, loops, nested loops, etc
> 2 - The process -- if scheduled -- is not running on the correct schedule
> 3 - The data set targeted by the process is large, which means the queries
> may need to be optimized or the tables targeted by the query may need
> additional indexes.
>
> If everything else behaves acceptably, then you are not dealing with a
> hardware issue.
>
> Best regards,
> --
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "childofthe1980s" wrote:
>
>> What about a GP service pack (Sp1?)?
>>
>> childofthe1980s
>>
>> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>>
>> > Child,
>> >
>> > The key in your question is "there is a routine ... that is run by the
>> > client". What does this routine do? Is it using cursors to retrieve the
>> > data?
>> > What is the size of the data set that is being targeted? Does the
>> > tables have
>> > the proper indexes? This does not seem like a service pack or report
>> > issue,
>> > but rather a performance issue with the query itself (process) that
>> > generates
>> > the data. If this is the case, there is no service pack that's going to
>> > fix
>> > this.
>> >
>> > Best regards,
>> > --
>> > MG.-
>> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
>> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
>> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com

There are two views and four tables.  They are linked pretty
"simplistically", and this is based on the Manufacturing MRP regeneration
process.  It sounds like I need to just tell them to wait for a reasonable
period of time before looking at the Crystal report.

childofthe1980s

"MichaelG" wrote:

> Just thought of something to ping off Mariano, if you run a sql trace during
> the routine, and after the routine is "done" in great plains, is the trace
> still showing activity within it? Keep in mind, ONLY have the one person
> logged into gp, and filter out some of the noise within the trace to help
> track that down. I think Marino is right, there's something nested here
> possilby that is slowing down the updating of data.
> Mike
>
> "Mariano Gomez" <MarianoGomez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Again, nothing to do with SQL Server or GP service packs. Think about it:
> > the
> > process runs and few minutes/hours later data shows up. What does it tell
> > you?
> >
> > 1 - The process is slow -- check for cursors, loops, nested loops, etc
> > 2 - The process -- if scheduled -- is not running on the correct schedule
> > 3 - The data set targeted by the process is large, which means the queries
> > may need to be optimized or the tables targeted by the query may need
> > additional indexes.
> >
> > If everything else behaves acceptably, then you are not dealing with a
> > hardware issue.
> >
> > Best regards,
> > --
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> >

> > "childofthe1980s" wrote:
> >
> >> What about a GP service pack (Sp1?)?
> >>
> >> childofthe1980s

Probably not a bad idea, I'd still look at a sql trace to make sure the
routine they are running is working properly

message news:15E593EC-A8D7-478A-BE44-A812BA6DDFD1@microsoft.com...
> There are two views and four tables.  They are linked pretty
> "simplistically", and this is based on the Manufacturing MRP regeneration
> process.  It sounds like I need to just tell them to wait for a reasonable
> period of time before looking at the Crystal report.
>
> childofthe1980s
>
> "MichaelG" wrote:
>
>> Just thought of something to ping off Mariano, if you run a sql trace
>> during
>> the routine, and after the routine is "done" in great plains, is the
>> trace
>> still showing activity within it? Keep in mind, ONLY have the one person
>> logged into gp, and filter out some of the noise within the trace to help
>> track that down. I think Marino is right, there's something nested here
>> possilby that is slowing down the updating of data.
>> Mike
>>
>> "Mariano Gomez" <MarianoGomez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Again, nothing to do with SQL Server or GP service packs. Think about
>> > it:
>> > the
>> > process runs and few minutes/hours later data shows up. What does it
>> > tell
>> > you?
>> >
>> > 1 - The process is slow -- check for cursors, loops, nested loops, etc
>> > 2 - The process -- if scheduled -- is not running on the correct
>> > schedule
>> > 3 - The data set targeted by the process is large, which means the
>> > queries
>> > may need to be optimized or the tables targeted by the query may need
>> > additional indexes.
>> >
>> > If everything else behaves acceptably, then you are not dealing with a
>> > hardware issue.
>> >
>> > Best regards,
>> > --
>> > MG.-
>> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
>> > Maximum Global Business, LLC
>> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com

Is it possible that the report was editted (by the client) and someone
checked the File >> Save Data with Report on the menu?

Also in your VBA that calls the report do you check (CRrpt is the
CRAXDRT.Report object)

if CRrpt.HasSavedData then
   CRrpt.DiscardSavedData()
end if

--
Tim Foster

"childofthe1980s" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> There is a Crystal XI report that we developed for a client.  Without going
> into detail, there is a routine in GP 10.0 (version 10.00.0774) that is run
> by the client.  At the conclusion of that routine, they run this Crystal
> report.
>
> They noticed that, after running this routine and refreshing the Crystal
> report, the data was not appearing accurately on the report.  Later, they
> refreshed the Crystal report again and the report was indeed accurate.  No
> data was entered or updated into GP between the two times that the Crystal
> report ws refreshed.  Obviously, the concern is why does data appear
> differently and accurately later in the day if no data or updates have been
> performed in GP?
>
> They are on SQL 2005 with SP1.  Would putting on an updated SQL service pack
> "speed up" the communication between the SQL tables and the Crystal report?
> Perhaps, there is a time delay in the communication.  Could temp tables be
> "clogging" the communication?
>
> childofthe1980s
0
tfoster (136)
7/24/2008 12:24:00 PM
You can also run a query plan on the view SELECT query in SQL Server
Management Studio.

Best regards,
--

"childofthe1980s" wrote:

> There are two views and four tables.  They are linked pretty
> "simplistically", and this is based on the Manufacturing MRP regeneration
> process.  It sounds like I need to just tell them to wait for a reasonable
> period of time before looking at the Crystal report.
>
> childofthe1980s
>
> "MichaelG" wrote:
>
> > Just thought of something to ping off Mariano, if you run a sql trace during
> > the routine, and after the routine is "done" in great plains, is the trace
> > still showing activity within it? Keep in mind, ONLY have the one person
> > logged into gp, and filter out some of the noise within the trace to help
> > track that down. I think Marino is right, there's something nested here
> > possilby that is slowing down the updating of data.
> > Mike
> >
> > "Mariano Gomez" <MarianoGomez@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Again, nothing to do with SQL Server or GP service packs. Think about it:
> > > the
> > > process runs and few minutes/hours later data shows up. What does it tell
> > > you?
> > >
> > > 1 - The process is slow -- check for cursors, loops, nested loops, etc
> > > 2 - The process -- if scheduled -- is not running on the correct schedule
> > > 3 - The data set targeted by the process is large, which means the queries
> > > may need to be optimized or the tables targeted by the query may need
> > > additional indexes.
> > >
> > > If everything else behaves acceptably, then you are not dealing with a
> > > hardware issue.
> > >
> > > Best regards,
> > > --
> > > MG.-
> > > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > > Maximum Global Business, LLC
> > > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com

0
MarianoGomez (3440)
7/24/2008 1:08:01 PM
Right your SQL statement with NoLock statements.

Jim

"childofthe1980s" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> There is a Crystal XI report that we developed for a client.  Without going
> into detail, there is a routine in GP 10.0 (version 10.00.0774) that is run
> by the client.  At the conclusion of that routine, they run this Crystal
> report.
>
> They noticed that, after running this routine and refreshing the Crystal
> report, the data was not appearing accurately on the report.  Later, they
> refreshed the Crystal report again and the report was indeed accurate.  No
> data was entered or updated into GP between the two times that the Crystal
> report ws refreshed.  Obviously, the concern is why does data appear
> differently and accurately later in the day if no data or updates have been
> performed in GP?
>
> They are on SQL 2005 with SP1.  Would putting on an updated SQL service pack
> "speed up" the communication between the SQL tables and the Crystal report?
> Perhaps, there is a time delay in the communication.  Could temp tables be
> "clogging" the communication?
>
> childofthe1980s
0
JimHummer (81)

Suspicion of CListCtrl memory leak, Help !
I have a testing MFC DialogBase project which has only one control -- ListCtrl. When the app exit , i found that the memory is not free by the system by watch the System Performance dialog page. All that i do is within CListCDlg::OnTimer() func, show as bellow: < code snippet> void CListCDlg::DoDataExchange(CDataExchange* pDX) { CDialog::DoDataExchange(pDX); //{{AFX_DATA_MAP(CListCDlg) DDX_Control(pDX, IDC_LIST1, m_MyList); //}}AFX_DATA_MAP } void CListCDlg::OnTimer(UINT nIDEvent) { TCHAR sContent[ 128 ]; //I have not alloc any data from heap, all the data added to CListCtl is ...

Receipt Printer Help!!
Can a Verifone 250 credit card receipt printer be used with RMS as a cash receipt printer? If so, what cable connectors would be needed to do this. The only cable connector we have goes to the credit card terminal. Kelly Why would you want to? Very slow printer!!!! Get a Samsung erp-350 or a 270. Probibly have to have a custom cable. >-----Original Message----- >Can a Verifone 250 credit card receipt printer be used >with RMS as a cash receipt printer? If so, what cable >connectors would be needed to do this. The only cable >connector we have goes to the credit card ...

Calling Dex Procedures from SQL

VLOOKUP help. Im an Excel Newbie!!1
I have an Invoice worksheet which I must use VLOOKUP function to import data such as customer name, customer code, customer address, etc. My study sheets didn't explain how to use VLOOKUP for obtaining data from different files. Basically on the Invoice worksheet, in the cell under customer code use the VLOOKUP function to enter the customers name (from the table on the customers worksheet). In the cell under customers name use VLOOKUP to enter customers address, in the cell under customers address use VLOOKUP to enter suburb,state and postcode (from customer worksheet). Then I need to...

Help with database
I need to create a database that lists companies, with dates items done by, money paid, notes etc. Thats okay, but I need to retain the previous years records and start a new year off fresh. How would I do that? Jenni, It sounds like you have never created a database so I'm going to suggest you start here... Jeff Conrad's resources page... http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie/resources.html The Access Web resources page... http://www.mvps.org/access/resources/index.html A free tutorial written by Crystal (MS Access MVP)... http://allenbrowne.com/casu...

Formulas
I have a huge database that I need to add fields and build a couple of formulas for those fields. Right now I have 3 months worth of data that I need to be able to report trending on. Within those 3 months, I have loan data breaking out how many loans have closed for a multitude of reasons. I need to trend how many each month close for those reasons and what they are as a percentage of the overall total of loans for that month. Any suggestions? To see how many closed in each month with each reason, you could just do a query that summarizes the data. I don't know what yo...

Free & Busy Data messed up.. Plz Help!!
We have exchange v5.5. Recently one of the exchange admins was in the public folders messing around with permissions. He said he didn't change anything but something had to have changed because now all free and busy data, public address book, tasks, notes, etc are not accessible to new users. Any time we create a new email account they can't view there calendar (says it doesn't exist), nothing shows up in the global address list. Anytime they receive an email to accept a meeting it says unable to open item. I've done the usual things like reset the server. I loo...

Help needed urgently
Hi, Im trying to check that one row of data satifies a criteria, then if it does it counts an entry in another column adjescent to it. Example: - Column A - Column B Blay - Y Blay - N Blay - Y Chop - N Chop - N High - Y What i would be asking (of a much bigger table) is If Column A = Blaydon and then column B (same row) = Y, then count. In this example I would want 2 returned as the answer. Is this possible? Thanks -- Andy Try one of these... Use cells to hold the criteria: D2 = Blaydon E2 = Y If you're using Excel 2007 or later: =COUNTIFS(A2:A7,...

sql summarizing help

SFO help
I have a quick question. My client's SFO button's wont install, and generally, their SFO installation is unstable. Given that we're hosting Exchange and CRM for the client and they're accessing our systems via VPN, does SFO work when their systems are not part of the domain that we've set up for them locally on our premises? Thanks!! Chris ...

Vlookup help #2
I have two worksheets. Sheet 1 contains a number in column A and a name in column C. On Sheet 2 I put my data from a csv file. What I would like to do is vlookup Sheet 1 column C from the information on Sheet 2 and return the number in column A that is associated with the name in column C. Ex. Sheet 1 Sheet 2 A B C A B 33 N6-270-15 N6-270-75 35 34 N6-270-30 N...

SQL 'for xml' and C# example??

Update multivalue field in table from form with SQL
Access 2007 on Vista I am using a form to establish the variables for a report before it is created. One field on the underlying table is a multivalue field, and the form includes a multi-select combo box control. After selections are made and the OK button on the multi-select combo drop down is clicked, focus moves to the next control. I have discovered though, that the underlying table does not update immediately, but does so correctly when I close the form. This sequence does not deliver the proper report data, so I need a way to immediately update the underlying table (m...

Retrieve emails/addresses Help
I recently removed Windows XP and went back to Windows ME. Upon doing so I mistakingly lost all the emails and address updates made in Outlook Express made since I changed from Windows ME to XP (3 mths). Any ideas on how to retrieve those lost emails and addresses in Outlook Express? To go from XP to Me, you had to re-install the OS, which more than likely wiped out everything. Ray at work "phil horan" <philhoran@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:03ba01c3610e$904b3470$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I recently removed Windows XP and went back to Windows ME. > Upon doing so ...

help please: public folders Service Unavailable and c1030af3
Hello, Exchange 2003 on a 2003 SBS. I'd like to change some settings on our public folders. When trying to open the node folders/public folders in Exchange System-Manager I get the following error: ID-Nr.: c1030af3 "the service used by the public folders is not running"... (translated from german) All exchange services are running. Our public folders are working (in Outlook). In Outlook Web Access I get the following error when clicking on public folders: HTTP/1.1 503 Service not available All other OWA-Features are working. We are using https with a selfcertificat. But t...

Refer to SQL statements globally
I have two large SQL statements that I need to use across several forms, reports, etc. Rather than repeat them in each form, I'm trying to store and reference them globally. For example, I'd like to store strSQL1 and strSQL2 in a global module, so I can use either like this in a form: Random form: Me!lstResults.RowSource = strSQL1 Random report: Me.Report.RecordSource = strSQL2 Would I just store the SQL statements in a global module like: Public Function SQLSource() As String Dim strSQL1 As String Dim strSQL2 As String strSQL1 = "SELECT blah blah...

HELP: How to retain only one set of INBOX etc. folders?
Hi, Using Outlook XP. Have been using Outlook XP ENG edition all along. But for some problems on PC, have to temporarily used Outlook XP CHINESE edition for a few weeks. After PC is ready, switch back to Outlook XP ENG edition. But now found that there are 2 sets of folders (i.e. INBOX, TASKS), in CHINESE and the other set in ENGLISH. Now, just want to retain the set of folders in ENGLISH (& remove the set in CHINESE). Question: How can I do this? Is there somewhere to set a default "profile" (is it called profile)? Currently, new emails coming in are directed to the...

Help 05-04-10
Please help me On Tue, 4 May 2010 09:37:10 +0800, "Chrit" <sbl19880411@163.com> wrote: >Please help me > We'll be glad to do so, but it would be nice if you told us what you want help WITH. "I'll be glad to help you out... which way did you come in?" -- John W. Vinson [MVP] "Chrit" <sbl19880411@163.com> д����Ϣ����:%23HGyEpy6KHA.4508@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Please help me aaaaaaa > ...

Net start vs. Services manager #2
Hi. I've created a applicaton to run as a service. Starting it from the services manager work but not startin it from command promt using net start. I didn't think there was any difference between those two but appearently there is. I'm running WinXP pro as Administrator. /David ...

To SQL or not to SQL?
I have a very vertical product developed 100% in M/S Access. I developed it myself in 1993 in the initial release of Access and been with it ever since. It is currently very stable and running in Access 2003. My big question is how or even *if* we should move it to SQL. My customers are getting bigger all the time with more users. Typically our customers run one or two workstations generally never more than 5. Performance, however, is starting to slow with database sizes passing 500 meg. We also have a LOT of code behind forms so are bound tightly to the Access development environ...

Grrrrr Please Help!!
I had this main report with subreports - Everything is fine - All subreports printveiws Perfectly!! I was asked to change the report. Take one subreport and replace with another. Subreports are basically the same except for the text. Now my report Printviews Weird. The header is fine, but then there is about two inches of white space which brings everything else down and over - it is crazy!!!! I checked all the settings, margins, properties on main report and subreports; I have compared to a backup (copy) of report. I created a new report and added subreports. Nothing!!! Same wh...

PostgreSQL or other SQL servers in RMS
Has anyone successfully implemented RMS with one of the free SQL servers? Theoretically, is there any reason why we have to use MS SQL Server 2000 for large databases? David "dh" <dh@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:1783A90D-AF3E-4D91-A445-0039D4E7E379@microsoft.com... > Has anyone successfully implemented RMS with one of the free SQL servers? > Theoretically, is there any reason why we have to use MS SQL Server 2000 > for > large databases? RMS has implemented only for MS SQL Server (2000/MSDE) and isn't possible to work with ano...