workflow configuration

Hi,
I have following issues in my GP 10 workflow installation:
1) I have created a single step workflow after activating PO Approval
for a TEST company. I could not able to see any workflow list on
workflow administration page. I wanted to modify my workflow step
which I saved before. But I could not able to do that. I tried with
IISRESET.
2) I tried to create a PO and submit for approval in GP by navigating
to Transactions>Purchasing<PO Entry. No change on the PO Entry window
in GP. Actually there should a msg bar and workflow history pane. I
tried to give access rights for the modified form but it is not there.
And also tried by adding a word modified="1" in Dynamics.exe.config
file. It gives submit for approval button. But nothing is happening if
I click. I think workflow should create those changes on PO Entry
window.
Your immediate response on this post is highly appreciable.
Thanks and regards,
Vijay
0
Vijay1 (49)

workflow assembly vs. workflow bulk import
hi, i have a question concerning the account the workflow service is supposed to run at. I developed a Workflow Assembly which creates an Activity in CRM. I realized - maybe because of bad configuration - that the workflow service has to be run at a crm user account to work. Is this true or is local system also possible? Because now we realized that Bulk import only works when the Local System account is used for Workflow Service. Big Problem. Anybody with a similar problem and a resolution? martin ...

specify where to find an assembly in the configuration file
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0068_01CAADA9.FD383D00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi! I'm reading a section in a book from Microsoft Press called .NET = FRAMEWORK 2.0 Application Development Foundation. about Installing and Configuring Application. The book says: "Another common task entails specifying where a certain version of an = assembly is located. You can do this using .NET framework 2.0 Configuration tool or my manually editing the = machine config...

Help requested to construct this workflow rule...
We have a custom field on Account Detail screen where "Contract Expiry Date" is captured. We would like to create a work flow rule which will send an alert email to the Account Owner six months before the "Contract Expiry Date". We are putting our heads around on how to create this rule but could not achieve a result. Can someone guide us to the right direction? We will appreciate your help. I'm not sure if this works on custom attributes, haven't tested that. But, if it does then you could do this using a "Wait for Timer" condition. You set the time...

Automator Workflows
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I've found out that Automator workflows are not included with the Home &amp; Student edition for some reason. Is there any way of downloading these or making workflows myself that can be used in Office? <br> Thanks. ...

Is there a 'RecordChanged' event in workflow manager?
I'm not finding it if there is. I need to have CRM send Account and Incident info to BizTalk whenever the record changes, and someone suggested I write a workflow rule that posts account info to a URL to accomplish this. However, all I can find is a Status Change event that is not very useful for this. If anyone has a better idea, please don't be shy and let me know :) Also, after I save and activate the rule, it doesn't show up in the workflow monitor. thanks, Daniel. You can create a post callout for post-update. BK "Daniel Rimmelzwaan" <rimmelzwaan@xhotmail.c...

Workflow query
I'd like to be able to activate a workflow rule when any Update event to a Case occurs (i.e. not a standard Manual, Assign, Create or Change Status event). Any ideas? PS: Merry Christmas everybody! You won't be able to this by workflows. You'll need to write custom code to trap the Update event. "Datapac" wrote: > I'd like to be able to activate a workflow rule when any Update event to a > Case occurs (i.e. not a standard Manual, Assign, Create or Change Status > event). > > Any ideas? > > PS: Merry Christmas everybody! MS has just ...

ODBC Error Message: Configuration Process Failed...
A second error appears that says "Could not write to registry". I have an ODBC connection that our team added to a number of users machines. Through a button it is pulling information from an Access DB. The connection worked, when set-up, on all but about 6 machines. The errors, as mentioned above, were "Configuration Process Failed" and "Could not write to registry". I have been unsuccessful in locating a topic in forums, help files, etc, related to this. Has anyone seen this before? Do you know a solution? Thank you! ...

Error opening Workflow Manager and Monitor
When I try to open Workflow Manager or Monitor i get the following message: "An error occured while loading the organization's date, time, and number format settings. Those settings are incompatible with the format alredy used in Workflow Monitor. To sync them, you can make changes in the System Customization area of Microsoft CRM Server." Which formats are valid? Regards Thomas Did you find a solution to this ? I have the same problem. Anne Busby thomas svensson wrote: > When I try to open Workflow Manager or Monitor i get the > following message: > > &qu...

Include activities created by the workflow
Can you explain me the difference between checking the Include activities created by the workflow option and not checking it .. Can you tell me if this option really works ? I hope you can help me this is mi scenario 1.- I need to send and email automatically when a case is created (I already do this with a workflow rule) .. 2.- Wait 8 hours (I already know how to do this) 3.- Then Check if any other activity has been created besides the email send in number 1 4.- If no activity has been created then I send an email I thougth that if the Include activities generated by workflow is NOT ch...

Workflow email off of custom entity
I am trying to create a workflow that sends email to a lead on the creation of an attached, custom entity. My specific case is: internet user requests information from the website. They sign up to receive the information, and what they enter on the sign-up gets put into a lead. They then request a specific item, and this gets placed into a custom entity in CRM. Now, when the custom entity is created, I want to trigger an email to be sent to the person that just requested it, which is stored on the lead. This would work if I could call a manual workflow as a subprocess from a different ent...

Portal Workflow
I have an intermittant problem showing up in Workflows (BP2.7 GP8 sp4a). Most times HR or Payroll dept changes go through fine, but sometimes one gets stuck. Go to ->Site Settings>Application Settings>Workflow>Process Log. When this happens "End" and resubmit fixes it. Once, I had Microsoft helped me clear the tables when "End" did not work". What might be causing this? Comments Tab ********************************************************* Network The system encountered the following error while processing your Service request: Act...

Workflow
Hi, We are using Great Plains 8 and soon might be upgrading to 9.0. We are considering to implement a Workflow and Document Management system and will very soon start reviewing the products. Two workflow systems that we will be looking into are Teamplate from Captaris and Documentum. We would like to know which workflow system has a better integration with Great Plains? Any other workflow system that we should consider? Thanks, ...

workflow #4
Hi I have installed Override Sales credit limit workflow. The work flow works for a bit and then falls over. The user will submit for approval and when she goes back into the order ,the status is still waiting to be submited. Sometimes when we run reconcile it resolves the problem. and there again it does not and the order cannot be approved. Has anybody had this issue and if so How did you resolve it Please help ------=_NextPart_0001_193EBBD6 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hello, Thanks for posting to Newsgroups. In some cases where Workflow may function for ...

triggering a workflow activity when another workflow is finished
I have a workflow in CRM 4.0 that has 2 steps - the first step runs a child workflow and the second step sends out an email dependent on the first step's results. Unfortunately, the second step starts before the child workflow in the first step is completed - not what I want to do. How do I make the second step wait for the child workflow to finish? On Jan 24, 5:34=A0pm, Laura Bennett <l...@embracepetinsurance.com> wrote: > I have a workflow in CRM 4.0 that has 2 steps - the first step runs a > child workflow and the second step sends out an email dependent on the > first...

interesting question about workflow
Hey guys , Is it possible to get all open activities by single e-mail at 8.30 in the every morning with the help of workflow manager? If no then any alternative solution? regards Aami ...

workflow email 10-03-06
Hi, Has anyone run into a problem where the email generated from workflow are not CRM emails but regular outlook emails? Please let me know if there is any work around it or if i am missing something basic. Thanks, ...

how to configure outlook to work with yahoo
i am trying to set up my outlook to work with my yahoo mail account. I know nothing about how to do it. please help do you have a paid yahoo account? If not, you can't use outlook. see http://www.slipstick.com/addins/services/online.htm for possible solutions. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join One...

Configuring a domain
I would like to have a second opinion on this: We are going to quote a client on a new server (win 2k3 sbs premium). At first they just wanted a file server, but now there is talk by them that they want to eventually host their own email and web. My question/concern is simple: if I setup and configure the server as name.local, and they decide to host email and web later on down the road, can I configure IIS and Exchange as a new domain (I have setup enterprise with hosting multiple domains, but on a server configured for a domain)without re-installing AD, or can I add it the same way ...

How to publish workflow and see published workflow
Hi All , How to publish workflow and see published workflow. I just want to confirm my self that my workflow is published. I am new to in this CRM 4.0 .Please help me ASAP -- With Regard Dhiraj Go to Settings > Workflows. This will list all of your workflows by default, and should show a column for "status" (draft or published). You can change the view to show all workflows, or all published workflows from the top right drop0down as with all views. Note that you can't edit a published workflow without first unpublishing it, for additional confirmation that it is in f...

Sending Closed Case Emails using workflow rule
For some reason when I create a workflow rule for manually sending an email when a case has been resolved, it does not send an email. I'm not quite sure what else needs to be done. I added a condition while creating the rule, which basically says when case status = "resolved", send email using template "closed case acknowledgment". However, when I go in to test it and apply the rule that I created and resolve the case, it does not send an email. Is there something I'm doing wrong here? Thanks for the help. When you apply a manual rule it checks for the c...

Workflow
The Oppty onSave event has some moderate javascript to calcuate number of days between two dates. I noticed an error in this calculation have have corrected it. Now, I need to update all the existing records. Is there a way to run a workflow to fire off the onSave event of the Oppty? The easiest way I can think of is updating the value directly in back-end. Workflow cannot be called form OnSave untill and unless it's been deployed as dll and calling from code(bit complicated). You can think about a temporary workflow with your new logic to update the field and make this workflow ...

CRM Workflow ...
I am in the process of creating the CRM and wanted to know if the following is possible. I want the ability to add some custom fields that do not need to be filled in to create an initial lead. However, they do need to be populated before you can move forward and convert it to an opportunity, contact, or account. The reason for this is becuase we want record of leads, but all information may not be available at creation which is ok to us. However, this cannot be turned into a Opportunity, Contact, or Account until these are actually populated. Is there a way to "gray-out" buttons...

Logical AND in conditions for workflow rule
Hi, I have Microsoft CRM 3.0 and Workflow Manager. I created a workflow rule for Case enity and Change Status Event. Anyway, I have If { condition1 condition2 } then { Send e-mail template } In the If condition I have two conditions which I want checked. When I activate this rule, I notice that an e-mail is sent no matter which condition is true. In other words, the two conditions are Logical OR. I don't want this. I need for both Conditions to be true, In other words, I want Logical AND. How do I do this? Nest another If/Then statement after the first condition (c...

Failed workflow rules and Paused workflow rules
Hello everyone, I am trying to work with some workflow rules and sales processes and have 2 questions in reference to this. First I see that the workflow rules fail with and without an error message. When I do get an error message it states this - An error occurred when evaluating a WFPM_EQ parameter. Also some of the workflows show paused at different times like after the "if" line and other locations like getting ready to execute a process and no errors. I see the same workflow rules are being finished without any errors at different times and such. I checked out the news...

Exch5.5 Configuration for Exch2003
Hi, For a successful Exch5.5 to Exch2003 migration. Do I need to configure the connector/direcory import option Exch5.5 optimization process? Regards, Norman You need to configure the Active Directory Connectot (ADC) that comes on the Exchange 2003 CD. Or the Exchange 2003 SP1 CD. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Exchange Server http://exchange.mvps.org "Norman Zhang" <norm@realbox.com> wrote in message news:ezBce90pEHA.3428@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > For a successful Exch5.5 to Exch2003 migration. Do I need to configure the > connector/di...