Window Security (GP 7.5)

Hello,

I would like to limit access to a specific window.  I am trying to remove
some user access from the Customer Maintenance Options window.  This can be
accessed using the Options button on the Customer Maintenance window.

I cannot find this window listed in the Security Setup window as other
windows are.

Is it even possible to set access rights to this window?

Thanks,
--
Jessie
0

Try using By Dictionary in Advanced Security. I don't know if the subwindow
can be controlled but the By Dictionary option might give you the granularity
you need.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"Jessie" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to limit access to a specific window.  I am trying to remove
> some user access from the Customer Maintenance Options window.  This can be
> accessed using the Options button on the Customer Maintenance window.
>
> I cannot find this window listed in the Security Setup window as other
> windows are.
>
> Is it even possible to set access rights to this window?
>
> Thanks,
> --
> Jessie
0
callen (2505)
6/12/2006 10:14:02 PM
Hi Jessie and Charles

The Great Plains Security System (regardless of which interface is used,
Advanced Security or Standard Security) does not support window level
security. It only suppports Forms (which may contain more than one window),
Reports and Tables (for Report Writer only).

Field Level Security (which requires separate registration) adds Field and
Window Level Security.

You could use Modifier to hide the Options button. Or VBA or Dexterity to
hide the button or prevent the window from being opened.

Hope this helps.

David Musgrave [MSFT]
Original Developer of Advanced Security and Field Level Security
Senior Development Consultant
Escalation Engineer
MBS Support - Asia Pacific

Microsoft Business Solutions

mailto:dmusgrav@online.microsoft.com

and confers no rights.

"Charles Allen" wrote:

> Try using By Dictionary in Advanced Security. I don't know if the subwindow
> can be controlled but the By Dictionary option might give you the granularity
> you need.
> --
> Charles Allen, MVP
>

> "Jessie" wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I would like to limit access to a specific window.  I am trying to remove
> > some user access from the Customer Maintenance Options window.  This can be
> > accessed using the Options button on the Customer Maintenance window.
> >
> > I cannot find this window listed in the Security Setup window as other
> > windows are.
> >
> > Is it even possible to set access rights to this window?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > --
> > Jessie
0
dmusgrav1 (1325)

Outlook 2003 Outbox #5
I compose and immediately send Outlook 2003 email messages. Every newly sent message also redundantly goes into the Outbox, forcing me to periodically go there and delete those messages. How can I compose and send emails without a copy going into Outbox? "gatordawg" <james.butts@oracle.com> wrote in message news:1171819936.194411.7800@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.com... >I compose and immediately send Outlook 2003 email messages. Every > newly sent message also redundantly goes into the Outbox, forcing me > to periodically go there and delete those messages. How can I c...

Windows live mail

Try on the security pack from MS Corp.
--fijummfdyduhkxpk Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="xgiocggvwnzdo"; type="multipart/alternative" --xgiocggvwnzdo Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="baetkzcf" --baetkzcf Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to maintain the ...

PLEASE HELP: Outlook 2003 very slow accessing Exchange 5.5SP4 on NT4SP6a
Hi I'm having the same problem as posted to microsoft.public.exchange.admin by Mike T on Sept 2, 04. Exchange 5.5SP4 on NT4SP6a. Outlook97/2000 users don't seem to have slow down issues. But Outlook XP and Outlook 2003 users get a pop-up notification that "Outlook is trying to retrieve data from the Microsoft Exchange Server". Seems to be more prevalent when the message is html, or has an attachment. All Outlook 2003 users have SP1 applied. Thanks ...

reinstalling windows

Windows Vista

open windows

Windows pdate Status: Failed

Pick From List #5
I right click on cell, find "Pick from List" option, but cannot seem to use it The list should show entries from other cells in the adjacent range, in the same column. Another way to display a list in a cell is to use Data Validation. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Barry wrote: > I right click on cell, find "Pick from List" option, but cannot seem to use it -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

Windows Explorer doesn't show keywords

Outlook Mail not working with Windows 7

ADC migration from 5.5
Hi, I'm currently in the start of the process of migration from 5.5 SP4 to 2003, and have a question about the use of the ADC and the replication of accounts to the new system. At the moment we have two domains running, the older NT4 domain and the newer Windows 2003 domain, some of the domain user accounts have been manually moved over to the newer domain and are working fine, although the users emails are still linked to Exchange 5.5 with their owner accounts pointing to the new 2003 user account. My question is, when we start to use the ADC to sync directories, will the ADC cr...

Adding Address line 3 to GP Forms
Several of our customers/vendors have addresses that include a 3rd Address Line (above City, State, Zip). However, in all of our GP forms, only Address Line 1 & 2, plus City/State/Zip where added. These all appear to be calculated fields on the report and I can see where Address Line 3 is available to be chosen - HOWEVER, I am an absolute novice when it comes to doing calculated fields in Report Writer. By using the manual and looking at how the other address lines where created, I've got the general gist of it; However, when I created "Ship To Address Line 4" (to i...

Windows recovery console

windows messenger/Outlook 2002

Windows update error

Outlook security settings
hallo, ich hab outlook security settings im einsatz. nun m�chte ich mehrer(verschiedene settings) f�r unterschiedliche benutzer verwenden. bis jetzt ist es als default security settings benannt. ist es m�glich eine 2 settingseinstellung in den ordner zu stellen, die nur von den hier eingetragenen benutzer verwendet wird? welche hat vorrang? Outlook 2003 Exchange 2003 Windows 2003 Gru� fritz meier ...

photoelements 5 opens by itself
working in publisher 2003 document with photos, adobe photoelements 5.0 keeps opening by itself. At least I am not aware that I am calling for it. How do I stop this behavior? Did you embed the photos? What is the format of the pictures? Did paste the pictures from PhotoElements? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "dickm" <dickm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4FB6E4F9-1641-4F85-9518-1DEEAEC4676A@microsoft.com... > working in publisher 2003 document with photos, adobe photoelements 5.0 keeps > opening by itself. At least I am not aware that I ...

How Do I Remove Page # From Cover Sheet w/ Windows 2007?
I am writing a paper in Windows 2007 and cannot have a page number on the cover sheet. Help! Thanks : ) Presumably you mean Word 2007 since (a) there is no Windows 2007 and (b) Windows is not a word processor. Click in the header/footer to open it. In the Options group of the contextual Header & Footer Tools | Design tab, check the box for "Different First Page." Leave the First Page Header/Footer empty. If you need to start the numbering with 1 on the the second page, click on Page Number, choose Format Page Numbers, and change the "Page numbering" set...