Why necessary to change list price in IM and Ext Pricing?

I have over 4000 items to change the list price of.  Big problem for 2
reasons:
1.  How do I start to change a couple of weeks before effective date because
I can not possibly change them all in one day?
2.  Why do I have to change the list price twice?  Once in IM and once in
extended price?  I can not believe a system such as this would make price
increases so difficult?

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a911c41b-647a-4ca4-af63-d3d29fed4b31&dg=microsoft.public.greatplains
0
White (24)

I don't understand this issue.  Can you clarify it?  I can't think of any
reason you would have to change prices twice.

Are you using standard pricing or extended pricing?

"Connie White" <Connie White@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have over 4000 items to change the list price of.  Big problem for 2
> reasons:
> 1.  How do I start to change a couple of weeks before effective date
because
> I can not possibly change them all in one day?
> 2.  Why do I have to change the list price twice?  Once in IM and once in
> extended price?  I can not believe a system such as this would make price
> increases so difficult?
>

> ----------------
this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a911c41b-647a-4ca4-af63-d3d29fed4b31&dg=microsoft.publi
c.greatplains

0
news_jamrock (304)

Changing default DCOM permissions
I finally got my problem with the Trend Micro WFBS console on an SBS 2003 fixed. I had to follow steps 1-3 from Microsoft KB article 319624, method 2, reproduced below. I was reluctant to do this, because the article is for Windows 2000 Server, but it seems to have worked. I am queasy, though, because I checked another SBS 2003, and the default impersonation level is set to "Impersonate," just as it was on the problem server before I made the change that fixed the WFBS console. What are the ramifications of this change? What am I sacrificing? I just am not com...

word freezes periodically when i am tracking changes, using endnote and inserting pictures from file
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel word freezes periodically when i am tracking changes and using endnote and when i am inserting pictures from file. i seem to have no other options but force quit then i get lots of recovered documents. i am doing doctoral study so my documents have endnote field notes and changes highlighted. <br><br>inserting pictures from file into a word document causes instant hanging. Judging from the array of causes you're listing I believe there may be several things that need to be addressed. Sinc...

Printing
Hope you folks can help me out with a strange one. I have several worksheets formatted in exactly the same way as follows: Col A - width 4 Col B - hidden Col C - width 4 Col D - Width 108 Col E - Width 3 Col F - Width 11 Col G - Hidden Col H - Width 11 & Empty My print range should be Cols A:G (I have used page setup to set the scaling to fit 1 page wide by [blank] pages tall, thus each sheet will print as many pages as required depending on number of rows] When I have the print range set to A:G only columns A:E show on the print preview (and also on the actual print out) and when I m...

changing default font
i tried to instructions on http://www.publishermvps.com/Default.aspx?tabid=77 to no avail. maybe it's because the "apply" is grayed out on the change screen under modify style. another idea? Is this the tutorial you followed? Setting Text Defaults using Normal.pub by Brian Kvalheim http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/normal.pub -- Mary Sauer MVP http://msauer.mvps.org/ "lpete" <lpete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:944A1C33-9844-4ED9-85A6-23CEBE7E8CAC@microsoft.com... >i tried to instructions on http://www.publishe...

Change Childs parent
I have a child control derived from CCombo box, and I want to change it's parent based on which page of a tab is selected. After I change the parent to the new window(using SetParent), the old parent window still gets all the messages from the control. What am I doing wrong? Try changing owner as well. Use SetOwner to change it. --- Ajay "Ajay Kalra" wrote: > Try changing owner as well. Use SetOwner to change it. > > --- > Ajay > I get the same behavior. I think you can use CWnd::SetParent(): http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/hsybbxh6(VS.80)...

Unable to change category group
Hi I'm using Money 2004. I am unable to change the category group for a category called INTEREST which is in under Income. I am getting a message stating "This category is mapped to the capital gains investment category. It's tax line cannot be changed". I dont understand why I cannot change it to "Periodic Income". Please can you advise. Thank you. You can't. See http://money.mvps.org/faq/article/69.aspx -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For UK tips & fixes see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;EN-GB;mny. I do no...

Change icon in Office 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Til the release prior to sp2 I used to change the app icons with those that came in the 2004 version using the Get Info pane. After sp2 this no longer works. Not even changing the icons that you find in the packages of each app. Any thoughts? PS this was already ask, but no solution was given <http://www.officeformac.com/ms/ProductForums/Office/3822> On 8/1/09 4:34 PM, in article 59b796f8.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "mctop@officeformac.com" <mctop@officeformac.com> wrote: > Til the release pr...

Item list lost.
I have backup rms store operations manager into a *.bck file. After reinstalling new OS (WinXP) and RMS with MSDE, I successfully restored the database fr the backup. The pop-up did inform the restoration is completed but my items list is still blank. Need urgent advice to recover those data b'coz got around 800+ items inside. Thanks. did you change the name of your database? "Andes" wrote: > I have backup rms store operations manager into a *.bck file. After > reinstalling new OS (WinXP) and RMS with MSDE, I successfully restored the > database fr the backup. T...

Can't I Create "Lists" in 2002?
I read in an Excel 2003 book about creating "lists". I have 2002 and I can't find the feature as described. Was this a new feature of 2003? If so, damn, guess I'll have to upgrade. (I don't mean a drop-down list, I mean a list) -- slobizman ------------------------------------------------------------------------ slobizman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=30522 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=501736 Data|List was added in xl2003. slobizman wrote: > > I read in an Excel 2003 bo...

How to create an additional name in Global list
Environment: Exchange 5.5 on NT4.0 One of our users requested to have an additional name in the Global Address list. The user has two last names and like to have both on the list. I'd like like to be able to create the second name w/o having to creating an additional mailbox. How can this be done? Appreciate any advice. --BOB Create a Contact instead. - Bharat "BOB" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8cac01c432ca$877fd1a0$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Environment: Exchange 5.5 on NT4.0 > > One of our users requested to have an addi...

Changing SetUp??
how can i get outlook to lie inbetween months everytime it opens? thanks in advance laura... :) .. <.@MICROSOFT.COM> wrote: > how can i get outlook to lie inbetween months everytime it opens? Please don't multipost. -- Brian Tillman i wont anymore...ive worked out how 2 send them now. sorry bout that!!! :) "Brian Tillman" <tillman1952@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uB1MAmW2FHA.1416@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > . <.@MICROSOFT.COM> wrote: > > > how can i get outlook to lie inbetween months everytime it opens? > > Please don't mu...

Importing/Updating Address Lists
Hello All, - Exchange 2k I'm just a dumb programmer with practically no knowledge of exchange. Can anyone point me in the right direction to be able to PROGRAMMATICALLY import a CSV file (or the likes) of email addresses into exchange.. I have SQL Server 2k and would like to run a SQL job if possible to create the CSV file (and IF possible, maybe run a vbs file). I want to query the database and write a CSV file, (that part I can do)... I need to know how I could automate the importing and the FORMAT of the CSV file.. thanks in advance.. Through some 3rd party products it is p...

Changing Graphic Automatically
Hi all, I have 10 worksheets in a my workbook. Each sheet has the company's logo ( graphic .jpg or gif) on top left. If I want to change the logo to another logo, what is the fastest way to do it? It is a time consuming to change manually in all ten sheets. Please help. Thanks. Regards, Salza ...

Folders changing to EXE files
When we tried to access data from our shared drive approx half the folders appeared to have been renamed to an EXE file, ie admin folder to admin.exe file. Further checking showed the folders are still there but are marked as system and hidden and it appears no even the admin account can clear the attributes to get the folders working again. The system has Trend Micro Worry Free Business installed and is not reporting any virus problems. We have a backup but I am worried the same problem will reoccurr, does anyone know what may have caused this problem? Regards Chris ...

Ask Excel not to change cell format to auto wrap after using alt+e
Hi, Everybody knows that when you've a line return (inserted using ALT+ENTER) in a cell, Excel will change the cell format to "wrap" and adjust line height consequently. Now I would like to find a way to prevent Excel from reformating the cell once I press Enter to validate my input. Can anybody help ? Thanks, Philippe Prior to entry of text and the alt + enters format the row to a fixed height. This will turn off the autofit. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 8 Sep 2006 02:04:02 -0700, philippe <philippe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, >Everybody ...

Exclude matches in a list
--____YYFNYPCQEPRARTJPNJTN____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8 Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Sat, 14 Mar 2008 05:35:30 -0500" QWxsLA0KDQpJIGhhdmUgYSBkeW5hbWljIHJhbmdlIGxpc3QgYnV0IHRoZXJlIGFyZSBtYW55IGR1 cGxpY2F0ZXMgd2l0aGluIDkwMCsgZW50cmllcy4gSXMgdGhlcmUgYW55d2F5IHRvIHByZXZlbnQg ZHVwbGljYXRlcyBmcm9tIHNob3dpbmcgaW4gYSBkcm9wZG93bj8NCg0KRGF2aWQ= --____YYFNYPCQEPRARTJPNJTN____ Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="____FLAHYDPYDBEUWALLZPCC____" --____FLAHYDPYDBEUWALLZPCC____ Content-Type: text/html; charset=ut...

Changing Exchange 5.5 Account's Directory Name?
Is there a way to manually change the directory name? We have several accounts where we need the alias name to match the directory name and at this time they don't. In the past we would always exmerge the accounts out and back in again with the corrected directory. If there is a way to make the change with out this hassle it would save me a bunch of time. Any ideas? TIA There is not a way to recreate the directory name without following the process you are doing, exporting mailbox data, deleting and recreating the mailbox and importing the data. You can, however, change the alias n...

Global Address List issue
Recently migrated to Exchange 2003 sp1 from Exchange 5.5. We have a problem that did not exist before the migration and I am wondering if it's an Exchange 23K or AD security thing...or what... Some of our users use Outlook 23K and some use Outlook 2000...both have same issue - for the people who still use a "personal address book, aka PAB", they can no longer add members from our Global Address List to a personal dist list in their PAB. However, they CAN add users from the Global Address List to a personal dist list in their CONTACTS. Is this by design? We Exchange Ad...

Can I change a PDF to a Publisher File to make changes?
Does anyone know if I can change a PDF file to a Publisher File to make changes? Yes, I know. No, you can't. The most you might be able to do is copy/paste text, then edit. An FYI - this question or something very similar has been asked and answered three times so far today. But don't despair, there are still three hours before the clock strikes 12, so it's likely a couple more people will ask the same thing. :-( Mike dnthmn515 wrote: > Does anyone know if I can change a PDF file to a Publisher File to make > changes? >-----Original Message----- >Does any...

Word 2010 Features List
Does anyone know of a list of new features in Word 2010 that describes things of use? I saw a mention in a posting that there would be support for hanging punctuation and bullets. However, when I search the web Word 2010 New Features all I can find are the typical mindless magazine listings of top ten features written by people who are impressed by a change in the color of the title bar. I have to believe that somewhere there is a list of actual improvements to documents somewhere. I know that the PPT MVPs are compiling a list for PPT (which includes many Office-wide ones) at...

Changing Linked Table Name
Access 2003 Every once in a while I decide to change the name of a table in a standard fe/be setup. Occasionally the name change encompasses a number of related tables. The process is... 1) go to the BE and change the actual table name 2) go to the FE and relink the changed tables 3) go to the queries and reconstruct any related queries 4) go to the forms and reselect the reconstructed queries/tables 5) go to the modules and run a find/replace Obviously, this is quite time consuming. I don't expect to be able to change anything about step 5, but is there some easier w...

Change + to -
Hi, If a result in a cell is for example 10, I want the result to be -10. If the result in a cell is -8, I want the result to be 8. How is this done? / Ulf Hi Ulf! You can use the following formula (value in cell A1) in an empty cell: =A1*-1 Then copy this cell and use Paste Special, Values, to remove the formula Best regards Stefan H�gglund Microsoft "Ulf NIlsson" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3e1101c47f70$79751f00$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > If a result in a cell is for example 10, > I want the result to be -10. > If the...

Change Order date?
I have situation where we had to enter some orders into CRM like 3 weeks after the fact but there was no way to to back date them when entering so that they fall into the proper months reports, etc. Any help out there on how I can change the dates at the database level? Look in the SalesOrderBase table. Mike "SteveT" <drumguy61-google@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4635de59.0402120638.1bd39e41@posting.google.com... > I have situation where we had to enter some orders into CRM like 3 > weeks after the fact but there was no way to to back date them when > entering ...

Changing Portfolio Views
MS Money Deluxe Deluxe, Win XP Sp3 Online updates expired. If I remove a column from a custom or pre-set Portfolio View and then save it, it wipes out all of the columns and they can't be restored. If this is a result of the online updates having expired then this program is done. It's over. Don't try this without a current backup. HTH -Kevin N. This was apparently some sort of glitch. The next morning I could edit the columns without incident. Whew! "Kevin" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:uGOD9eE3KHA.4964@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >...

Is defraging necessary?
I was told by a computer repairman that it's not necessary to defrag my laptop. If the hard drive gets full, remove files and always make sure I'm using a virus protection. What are your thoughts? "Lisa" <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1AA94818-B553-4478-9F58-668B6F68C348@microsoft.com... > I was told by a computer repairman that it's not necessary to defrag my > laptop. If the hard drive gets full, remove files and always make sure > I'm > using a virus protection. > What are your thoughts? Occasiona...