Why does a drop ship PO need a Site ID for the line items?

What line item Site ID would I use on drop ship POs? On a normal PO, the Site
ID is where the product will be inventoried; for a drop ship, it will never
come into our warehouse so I'm confused why I would need to enter something
here.

The address to which the vendor ships the product is put into the Shipping
Address ID (which makes sense)....I just don't get why you need a Site ID.

--
Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO

Bud,

The Site ID is a required field and you will be asked to enter one, even
when entering a drop-ship PO.

Best regards,

MG.-
Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
Maximum Global Business, LLC.
http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com

"Bud" wrote:

> What line item Site ID would I use on drop ship POs? On a normal PO, the Site
> ID is where the product will be inventoried; for a drop ship, it will never
> come into our warehouse so I'm confused why I would need to enter something
> here.
>
> The address to which the vendor ships the product is put into the Shipping
> Address ID (which makes sense)....I just don't get why you need a Site ID.
>

> --
> Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
> HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO
> GP 9.0, SP2
0
MarianoGomez (3440)
3/28/2008 8:48:00 PM
Yes, I know it's required....but is it used for anything since it's a drop
shipment?

--

"Mariano Gomez" wrote:

> Bud,
>
> The Site ID is a required field and you will be asked to enter one, even
> when entering a drop-ship PO.
>
> Best regards,
>
> MG.-
> Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> Maximum Global Business, LLC.
> http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
>

> "Bud" wrote:
>
> > What line item Site ID would I use on drop ship POs? On a normal PO, the Site
> > ID is where the product will be inventoried; for a drop ship, it will never
> > come into our warehouse so I'm confused why I would need to enter something
> > here.
> >
> > The address to which the vendor ships the product is put into the Shipping
> > Address ID (which makes sense)....I just don't get why you need a Site ID.
> >

> > --
> > Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
> > HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO
> > GP 9.0, SP2
0
Bud (544)
3/28/2008 9:00:00 PM
I guess Deop ships were added to PO as an enhancement and by that time,
siteId was a required field.  changing that to a conditionally requied field
would require a fair amount of re-engineering whereas leaving it is
harmless.

I suppose youcould either use your main site id or create a dropShip site.

HS

"Bud" <Bud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What line item Site ID would I use on drop ship POs? On a normal PO, the
> Site
> ID is where the product will be inventoried; for a drop ship, it will
> never
> come into our warehouse so I'm confused why I would need to enter
> something
> here.
>
> The address to which the vendor ships the product is put into the Shipping
> Address ID (which makes sense)....I just don't get why you need a Site ID.
>

> --
> Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
> HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO
> GP 9.0, SP2

0
HSalim (1270)
3/28/2008 9:02:14 PM
No. Inventory will not be affected, hence no accounting will be impacted.
However, this is one of those little quirks that we all have to live with
because somebody in Microsoft thinks it may be a big deal to deactivate this
functionality, which frankly, at this point it would be.

"Bud" wrote:

> Yes, I know it's required....but is it used for anything since it's a drop
> shipment?
>
> --
> Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
> HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO
> GP 9.0, SP2
>

> "Mariano Gomez" wrote:
>
> > Bud,
> >
> > The Site ID is a required field and you will be asked to enter one, even
> > when entering a drop-ship PO.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > MG.-
> > Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP
> > Maximum Global Business, LLC.
> > http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com
> >

> > "Bud" wrote:
> >
> > > What line item Site ID would I use on drop ship POs? On a normal PO, the Site
> > > ID is where the product will be inventoried; for a drop ship, it will never
> > > come into our warehouse so I'm confused why I would need to enter something
> > > here.
> > >
> > > The address to which the vendor ships the product is put into the Shipping
> > > Address ID (which makes sense)....I just don't get why you need a Site ID.
> > >

> > > --
> > > Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager
> > > HDA, Inc.  Hazelwood, MO
> > > GP 9.0, SP2
0
MarianoGomez (3440)

Drop Down List #9
I am trying to create a drop down list using two worksheets. How would I create this. One sheet would where the final product is and the other would be where the data is being kept. Watch this 5 min video: How to setup a data validation drop down list: http://youtube.com/watch?v=t2OsWJijrOM -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Vincent Kerzman" <Vincent Kerzman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2DAA48B-0BD2-4932-AE91-B86D55B8D8A6@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create a drop down list using two worksheets. How would I > create this. > > One s...

New "Manufactured Item" Type
Hi All I need an additional new item tyype that behaves like a mix between an assembly and a kit. My shop sells items that are produced when the client buys then, and certain components can be substituted at time of sale and qty of others may have to increase, so creating kits is not really an option. I also need my stock, for each individual component to deplete when this item is sold. I would use assemblies as this gives me this flexibility, but I do not want every single component listed just the title of the component item and it's cost. I figure I need a new Item type, somet...

Need to build a MS Dynamics GP Test Server
Hi, I need to build a MS Dynamics GP Test Server. The plan was to install SQL Server 2005 and Dynamics GP 10 on a server, then copy and attach two production databases. I've done that, but the users IDs are invalid. The user ID can't be deleted because GP says the IDs are not in the Database. I found an alternative in the article "How to transfer an existing Microsoft Dynamics GP, Microsoft Small Business Financials, or Microsoft Small Business Manager installation to a new server that is running Microsoft SQL Server" but a crucial script is unavailable. If anyone has ...

Drag and drop of eMail to own application
Hi everybody, i like to drag and drop an eMail of Outlook ( Express & Xp ) and Thunderbird into my own application ( MFC ). There'in the dropped eMail should be readed and the subject, body text, Recepiant, ... should be displayed into textboxes. I can check the different formats of the Drag-Event or Clipboard data. An Outlook Express mail is stored in plaintext into the clipboard, so it's seriously possible to extract it. But with Outlook XP Mails i see only the name of a .eml file ( the of file which would be saved on the Destop for example ) But how to extract the data? Do...

drag and drop
Using office XP I cannot drag and drop items from one folder to another in outlook 2002. Any ideas? Thanks ...

Need help getting data from a serial port.
My program talks with a device using a serial port. In the past I always did my serial port work using the same functions like a file. I open the port using "CreateFile". I read the next character using "ReadFile". So I would poll to get data. Now I want to use an event driven method. How do I do this? I'm using Visual C++ version 6. Hi, First I thought you meant to do asynchronous communication, so I typed a bit about that (included it below my sig). But perhaps you really just want to use event triggering. So that's this story. You just open the serial...

MS CUBE expertise needed
Hello: I'm a recruiter for a $600 million sales company. We are looking for an individual to work out of our beautiful corporate offices in Southern California. This individual would be versed in MS Cube, but I'm having problems finding people with this type of technical expertise...please help! ...

drop down calendar #4
In a cell I want to have a drop down calendar of the current month. I downloaded a template of a calendar and tried data valadation but it only displayed the source range. Any ideas? TIA http://www.windowsdevcenter.com/pub/a/windows/2004/04/27/excelhacks.html "Ray A" wrote: > In a cell I want to have a drop down calendar of the current month. I > downloaded a template of a calendar and tried data valadation but it only > displayed the source range. Any ideas? > TIA > Ray See Ron de Bruin's site for this. http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Gord D...

multiple sheets, need help please #2
I am not sure how to communicate what I am trying to ask, so please bear with me. I have two sheets in a estimating workbook. Sheet one is the worksheet, sheet two is the print out sheet for customers. In one cell on the print out sheet I want one of two things to show up. In the worksheet, the two things are in two seperate cells, and to select them you would have to input how many of each in a seperate cell next to them. A simple IF function won't work for what I need. Please let me know if you can help. Thank you very much. Hi Kile You'll have to be a lot more specific! -- ...

drop down data want to choose more than one item for cell
I have a drop down box that i want folks to be able to choose more than one item from the box to go into the cell. Multiselect from a DV dropdown is possible using VBA. See Debra Dalgleish's site for a downloadable sample workbook with event code. http://www.contextures.on.ca/excelfiles.html#DV0017 Note that you can have the selections in an adjacent cell or in the same cell. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Fri, 26 Feb 2010 12:40:08 -0800, FranW <FranW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a drop down box that i want folks to be able to choose more than...

Files needed
I desperately need the orgsync files referenced in http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q198/7/89. ASP. Can anyone help? ...

Drop Down List #2
Hi All Can this be done, as I am struggling. I have data in sheet B and want to create a drop down list in sheet A from this data, and I can't make it happen, I can create a drop down list in sheet A from data in sheet A but not from sheet B Could anyone help please Cheers Steve Name the range on the other sheet, and you can refer to it in the data validation dialog box. There are instructions here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html Steve wrote: > I have data in sheet B and want to create a drop down list in sheet A from > this data, and I can't make it h...

Item movement
I want to run a report that will let me see those items that haven't sold during a specific time period (last 2 weeks, 30 days, etc.). I can't find a report template and hope that someone can point me in the right direction with regard to modifying a standard sales report. Thanks so much. Just set the report to the date you need with the filter and the qty sold to = 0. mt "coupleofdogs" <coupleofdogs@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:989E2240-872B-4F45-98B6-381BF9A40BC2@microsoft.com... >I want to run a report that will let me see those items t...

Question of drop-down listbox
Hello, Is it possible to have listbox or combobox with Auto HScroll (ES_AUTOHSCROLL) capabilities. Thank You! I don't get it. ES_AUTOHSCROLL is an Edit control style, how would it apply to a listbox or combobox? What are you trying to do? AliR. "Ririko Horvath" <horvathr@securemethods.com> wrote in message news:uHUo%23OyLFHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > Is it possible to have listbox or combobox with Auto HScroll > (ES_AUTOHSCROLL) capabilities. > > Thank You! > > I'm soory for not expressing my question properly...

STOREFRONT SHIPPING IMPORT INTO RMS via INTEGRATOR #2
Hi- I am using the storefront.net shopping cart with the integrator by new west tech. when i download the order into RMS, i get a screen asking me for the shipping method(UPS, FED EX, etc) and style (next day air, ground, etc). After this, i get a screen that says something like "shipping=none" On storefront, i am using valu based shipping, which means i charge a flat fee based on the price. My question is are these screens supposed to prompt up after I import an order and do i need to define an item in RMS called shipping? and an item for each class of shipping? It sounds lik...

insert fold lines
I wish to add fold lines in the margin of a letter to help with folding so the address appears in the window of the envelope. See http://www.gmayor.com/changing_envelope_layout.htm#Window_Envelopes, which is concerned mainly with getting the address to print in the proper location to show in the window. While you're following those steps, measure the distances from the top of the paper to the folds. In the Word template, use the line drawing tool to place a line in the margins at those positions. The most precise way to place the line is to insert it close to where it belo...

Needed: A Quick Integration Routine
Hi All, I offten want to get an integrated average value of some time / temperature data. Time is usually in col 1 and temps are in the other columns. I'd like to select an arbitrary period of time /temperatures points and find the intgrated average temperature value. Does someone have a good way of doing this, perferably with worksheet functions but some VBA code would also work ? Thanks, Mike Are you using the word 'integration in the mathematical sense? My site (ExcelTips) has an example of using the trapezoid rule to do a numerical integration My book has further examp...

Help with VBE Need to autoselect rows #3
Sorry and thanks for your help, i will be more patient in the future. I had to finnish a spreadsheet this morning and got carried away trying to find the answer, i will try the above suggestions out. Thanks jason -- greenfalcon ------------------------------------------------------------------------ greenfalcon's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=13622 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=261680 ...

Costom Field to PWA Site Template
Hi, I have a Custom Field with lookup Table having the name of the Project server Site Template now i want to create a WSS Site based on the Custom Field values... Which i was able to create it, but i am not able to link it with the Project server as only those site can be linked which temaplte is there in the workspace provisioning settings... Is there other way of doing this ?? Thanks Parth See the instructions on Registering a Template in this link: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms503640(office.12).aspx Note that you should not use a site that has previousl...

Need to restore exchange data
HI. I experienced a crash with my Windows 2000 server which is the Global Catalog and dns server. Anyhow in my infinite wisdom I decided to do soemthing with the exchange server and in the meantime - it blew any active directory info which had replicated to the exchange server. The Exchange server was a part of the domain with AD installed, etc. The exch. server is a running windows 2003 server w/ exch. server 2003. Fast forward...I rebuilt the Windows 2000 server and its backup. I also rebuilt the Exchange Server...not completely knowing how to proceed....I installed w2k3 with all ...

reporting on drop-down values
We created drop-downs and wish to add the values to a report, but of course the extentionbase tables only show the numbers. Is there a specific table where all the actual text values are stored? Hi use the stringmaps table to get the description of picklist values. I hope it helps. -- Singh http://mscrmshop.blogspot.com MSCRM Consultant Orion Enterprise Sydney "TheWkndr" wrote: > We created drop-downs and wish to add the values to a report, but of course > the extentionbase tables only show the numbers. Is there a specific table > where all the actual text values a...

I need an icon to start
On my old win/95 comp, I had an office toolbar that had individual icon to add new contacts, appointments, etc in Outlook, without having t start Outlook. Can I have this facility in XP? if so, where could find the app that I would use ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

I need help on conditional formatting.
I am trying to generate the following scenario: 1. If a cell is blank, colour blue 2. If a cell whose inserted date is less than or equal to the date in another cell, colour green 3. If a cell whose inserted date is greater than the date in another cell, colour orange. 4. If NA is put in this cell revert back to no formatting at all. I have got the first three easily by: 1. =$H14=0 2. =$H14>$G14 3. =$H14<=$G14 but what I cannot seem to do is amend the formula to get it to revert back to white if NA is put in H14. Is there a way of doing this without using VB? Hi Christin...

Drop user or alias before dropping login
I am trying to delete a user, and I get this error: Login is aliased or mapped to a user in one or more databases. Drop the user or alias before dropping the login. Any advice? Hi Caroline, GO to SQL server --> logins and select the user and open check the properties of the login and see what database access the users has. If any uncheck all the database access and drop the user. Also make sure from the GP front end you have unchecked the company access too. If still you get errors go to each database on the server and make sure they are not in the users list in the databases. ...

Need help ASAP!!
I've just been on the already installed version of windows mail on my laptop and i already have an email address and can't get it onto the windows mail. It only gives you the option of a new account. Please reply!! -- Im a cod fan haha lol If you have never set up your email account in that copy of Windows Mail, then as far as Windows Mail is concerned, it is a new account. Simply follow the prompts after going to Tools, Accounts, Add, E-mail... Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) "STaTiC_BLuE" wrote in message news:B5201BC2-0822-4456-B08B-86787DD8D736@...