who modified the report?

Hello:

When you have potentially multiple users in the GP "network" who may be
modifying a report at different times, is there a way to tell through a user
ID/date/time stamp who the last user ID was who modified a certain report?

Thanks!

childofthe1980s

No, there is not.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"childofthe1980s" wrote:

> Hello:
>
> When you have potentially multiple users in the GP "network" who may be
> modifying a report at different times, is there a way to tell through a user
> ID/date/time stamp who the last user ID was who modified a certain report?
>
> Thanks!
>
> childofthe1980s
0
callen (2505)
5/12/2006 8:33:01 PM
never let anyone besides the sys admin to modify reports!

Tools >> Setup >> System >> Activity Tracking will allow you to track
"successful attempts to open report writer".  This isn't exactly what you
want, but it might help narrow the list of culprits!  :-)

Brenner
--
www.KlenzmanConsulting.com

"Aman" wrote:

> never let anyone besides the sys admin to modify reports!

Problem to modify the size of PlotArea
Hello, I am trying to modify a chart so that it prints in a 20cm x 17,5cm frame. I do understand that this is governed by the plotarea.insideheight and plotarea.insidewidth properties. I also do understant that these properties are read-only. So far my code is the following: With ActiveChart .SizeWithWindow = False .PageSetup.ChartSize = xlScreenSize .PlotArea.Width = 567 .PlotArea.Height = 496 Do While .PlotArea.InsideWidth < 567 .PlotArea.Width = .Pl...

subreport between each entry on the report
I have created a report that has entries 1,2,3 and 4. I want to add a subreport which has 2 more entries. However, when i try to do so, the entries for the subreport show up in between those on the report. This is not what i want. I want the subreport entries to show up below those of the main report. How do i do this. Radhika Put the subreport in the report footer. or Put the subreport in a group footer that is printed after your details -- John Spencer Access MVP 2002-2005, 2007 Center for Health Program Development and Management University of Maryland Baltimore County .. "...

EXE change in data modified
Hi Guys Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified date" to the dynamics.exe file? In theory, something would need to change the file. My best guess would be a service pack would change the date. -- www.fmtconsultants.com "cruesta@gmail.com" wrote: > Hi Guys > > Have a question regarding GP. What can cause a change in the "modified > date" to the dynamics.exe file? > > For GP 9.0 SP 1 the Dynamics.exe modified date is 5/16/2006 which looks to be the date the Service Pack was created (as opposed to the da...

Crystal Reports 05-06-04
Can anybody out there help me. When I go to install Crystal Reports on my CRM 1.2 Server, it goes through it's process and then ask for the the CD that has the server.msi file on it. Once I put the CD in and run it, I get an error. Here it is: Error 1316 A network error occured while attempting to read from the file d:\396328.msi. I've done some searching out there and will continue to search but haven't found anything. If anybody could help me please e-mail me or reply to this message. I really need to get this CRM fully functional. My boss is on me. Thanks for the ...

Modifier Error
Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. The Modifier is currently unavailable because another user is editing resources in the Forms Dictionary. The Server has already been rebooted but we are still coming up with the same error. Thanks, Hi make sure that you are not sharing the Forms Dictionary with another users. Thanks BS "Jess M." <JessM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C56C6878-9410-4CF5-95DE-DCA0AC50EA55@microsoft.com... > Whenever we try to go to modifier it gets the following error. > > The Modifier is current...

I cannot seem to save my reports with headers and footers. Please
My family company has recently started using Excell to create data reports. I am unable to save a complete file. The Headers and footers disapper. Is there anything I can do to keep them tied(saved) with the report? I would be very greatful to learn a way out of this problem. Thank you. Are you saving the workbook as an excel workbook (*.xls) or something else? brainturnsoffafter12hours wrote: > > My family company has recently started using Excell to create data reports. I > am unable to save a complete file. The Headers and footers disapper. Is there > anything I can do t...

Payroll 2010 HIRE Act tax reporting
Does anyone that has installed the Tax Update Round 5 for GP found a way to get the FICA SS Employer credit for an individual pay period? We have a client who wants to know what other users are doing to compute the breakdown of the FICA SS vs. FICA Med Employer so that they can fill out their Federal Deposit with accurate numbers reflecting the reduction of the FICA amounts by the W-11 Qualified Employees SS wages x .062 for the employer portion that is credited. I have one other client that is creating a Smartlist of the New Hires based on start date, then manually removing ...

modified timeline graph
I have a table of dates and events (and "phase"), and I want to make a timeline graph: 1-d horizontal line, no (visible) y-axis. I want the distance between the events to be spaced based on the date, and the event names to be shown at each point. The dates should be shown too, either for each event or just based on auto-scaling of the x-axis (e.g. major unit = 3 months). Here's the hard part. The events happen in different "phases", and I want to show the phases graphically somehow. I was thinking this component of the graph would be a bar chart, and I could someho...

Report Modification
I have been trying to complete a simple modification to the Trx History Summary report. I wanted to add the field "Vendor Name". Everytime I think I have succeeded, it fails to work. I see the field but it is blank. Any input would be appreciated. We have GP 7.5. I am not a computer programmer so bear with me!!! thanks I've also modified the TRX Summary History report to include the Vendor Name. The step that I often forget to include when I modify a report is to change the security to show modified reports. When you added the field VENDOR NAME, are you sure that...

Modify name displayed in GAL
Hi all! Is there any way to change the manner in wich user are displayed in GAL? I've been aked to set DislayName to "First Last", but leave "Last First" in GAL - is there any way to do this? Thanx -- R.V. ...

CRM, reports, and IE7
I'm having a specific issue with Internet Explorer 7 and MSCRM 3.0. For the most part, CRM works fine. However, when anyone tries to run a SQL2000 Reporting Services report from within CRM (either the Outlook or web client), it gives one of those nifty full-page errors. If I go straight to the report server, through IE7, I can run the report just fine. Has anyone else had this issue? Does anyone know how to fix it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hi Kevin Do you have CRM on a separate server than the ReportServer ? St=E9phane. On Feb 21, 10:46 am, "Stephane Dorrekens&...

modify online services
My bank recently upgraded their online services to include Direct Statements. Previously I had set up to receive Web statements. Money 2004 Omline services Manager does not give me the option to "modify services" only to "change financial institutions." Any ideas on how I can modify online banking services so I can use background banking to get Direct statements? This is how it works in M03: From account list -> Click manage online services -> click Setup online services, then select the financial institution from the list (assuming the list is updated wi...

GP7.5SP6
We're in the process of upgrading from GP7.5 SP4 to SP6. We are on MSSQL Server 7.0. My supervisor has already implemented the hot fix as describe in MBS (that's a script to update some indexes on the server if someone is using GP7.5 manufacturing on MSSQL7). When I try to import modified forms and reports I've received some errors. For instances some references on the VBA to the GUI forms (i.e. text boxes, buttons) become missing. And on the reports I've been told it couldn't find the table MOP_MO_Variance_DC_Detail_Report_Temp and MOP-Sched_Interface_Report_Before....

Search / Modify / Delete . . .
In �sheet1� I have a database with theses headers �Name, Phone, Address and below are the records rows 2-150. In �sheet2� I have the data entr� form (not VBA) its on the sheet, that has a macro that writes t �Sheet1� (for storage). How can implement a search for a record and return the result t �sheet2�, with the ability to modify or delete from the databas (�sheet1�). Thanking you in advance -- Fabl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Fable's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=218 View this thread: http://www.ex...

Monthly Reports Don't Load
When I try to get a monthly report or a report of spending by category, the screen just says "loading" but never produces the report even after a very long time. I'm using MoneyPlus Deluxe, but I had the very same problem with Money 2007. In microsoft.public.money, Davered wrote: >When I try to get a monthly report or a report of spending by category, the >screen just says "loading" but never produces the report even after a very >long time. I'm using MoneyPlus Deluxe, but I had the very same problem with >Money 2007. You might consider File-&...

Modified By and Modified On fields
I am trying to customize a phone form (will need to do the same to most others) by adding Modified By and Modified On fields. After publishing the form, the fields appear on the form just fine but the lookup to a user list is greyed out. Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong? I found the answer myself. Those are system-generated values and. therefore, cannot be modified by a user "mkatsev" wrote: > I am trying to customize a phone form (will need to do the same to most > others) by adding Modified By and Modified On fields. After publishing the > form, the fields ap...

does sa have automatic Modified Forms access in GP 10?
Hello: I know that, in GP 10.0, sa is tagged with "DEFAULT USER" for Alternate and Modified windows and reports and has a Power User role. But, I imported Modifier code into GP 10.0 here on my laptop and sa automatically was able to see the modification even though the DEFAULT USER "role" did not have security access to it. Does sa automatically have access to mods, no matter what the security setup is like? Thanks! childofthe1980s While I have not tested all of the form types that can be modified, I know that when I modify a Dynamics report I have to add tha...

Sales Report #2
Hi- I need a Sales Report by Store that includes, QTY SOLD (totaled if more than one item was sold that day), COST, RETAIL COST, QTY OH (by store not as a total chainwide), Store code. I would like this report to have the ability to run by a date range and to be able to run only for certain suppliers if I need to. Let me know if anyone can help. Thank you ...

Modifying the Sales Receipt
We are using RMS, and our receipts print out on a simple Star impact printer. Two things would be nice. It would be nice to know, generally speaking, how to modify what prints on the receipt. More specifically, when we sell items at a discount, it shows the discount and it shows the discounted price, but it does NOT, for some reason, show the original price. I would like to be able to show the original price at least, and if possible, calculate the amount saved. Our prior system, FoxPro based Biztracker, did that as standard. All suggestions greatly appreciated. -- Bud Izen In the...

Reports and Budget not loading data
Shortly after I switched from Money 2005 trial to Money 2006 trial (my trial had lapsed so I went back to the website to download the the full version and pay and could no longer get Money 2005, so I downloaded the 2006 trial for another few weeks) Budget and Reports both failed because the August Budget is not functioning. I can still generate past months Budgets but August just gives me the Budget figures and will not load actual data. I can still look at September's expected Budget but I have no idea if data will load. Is there any way to fix this? Presumably related to this ...

Report Upcoming Bills & Deposits
Report Upcoming Bills & Deposits problem. Eg. I schedule a weekly childcare bill/pmt. I customize the report dates to show say next 3 months. The childcare expense is showing only once, just the date of the next upcoming payment. This appears to be true for all my recurring bills an deposits. Also, the Bills & Deposits Screen does the same thing-- maybe this is normal for Money 2004 for this screen. But seems I should get some kind of report/screen on future recurring bills & deposits projected into the future. I will be very thankful for any help. Thank you, Tumbl...

Modified by on
Hi gurus, I am doing 2008 operating plan and i have created over 30 excel templates to be used by every unit in my department. I stored these templates on a shared folder onto my pc and accessable thru a webpage i creaeted for this purpose. I wanted to know who submitted what in a glance, so i created another file called "status" with a list of all units with total unit budget against the unit. The total cell reads from the unit's template. Now, i know which unit has updated its file if the total against the unit name shows other than $0 ... but i am not really happy with this. I...

query/report
I have a query that sorts correctly on ClientNo field. Report based on that query has different sort; why would this be? I created a new report based on the query and that report was fine. So why does the original report not work? Access 2003. "patti" wrote: > I have a query that sorts correctly on ClientNo field. > Report based on that query has different sort; why would this be? It sounds like you are expected a report to honor the sorting of a query. Don't. If you want records in a report sorted, use the report's sorting and grouping dialog. -...

Reports printing thumbnail on first page
Hi I have a problem with two customers of mine, when they try and print reports it prints the first page with a thumbnail image of the report first and then it prints the report. How can I stop it from printing the thumbnail first. Changing printer settings doesn't seem to make a difference. They are on version 1.2 -- Jenny I have also come accros this issue - have no idea how or why, and cant put my finger on whats causing it! If you just re-print the report it seems to work for me the second time! If you find a solution or cause, please post it up here :o) "jennydat&q...

Unable to change custom dates in report
Hello all, Recently I tried to change the custom dates for the "Net Worth over Time" report, and Money Plus would no longer do this. If I click on either the current custom dates or "Customize" in the list of tasks, Money freezes until I press the escape key. I get the same behavior in all of my Money files, so I think it is not data file corruption, but a problem with the application itself. How can this be fixed? TIA, -- Tom http://home.att.net/~tbharvey/ I have the exact same problem. Has only just started happening. Happens with all of my files so it...