Which GP tables updated on Year End Close???

Does anyone know which GP tables are updated/affected during the year end
closing process? Also, is there a supporting Knowledge Base article stating
which tables are update during year end close? Thank you

Our book on Year End Procedures documents this well.  It depends on the
tables you close.  The GL Current Year transactions GL10000 are moved to
GL20000, Current year data is moved to last year fields in vendors and
customers as well as other tables.  The list is not long but too much to list
here totally.

--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"DynamicsGPLover" wrote:

> Does anyone know which GP tables are updated/affected during the year end
> closing process? Also, is there a supporting Knowledge Base article stating
> which tables are update during year end close? Thank you
0
info4071 (3004)
9/12/2007 12:50:01 AM
On Sep 11, 5:50 pm, Richard Whaley -- MVP
<i...@AccoladePublications.com> wrote:
> Our book on Year End Procedures documents this well.  It depends on the
> tables you close.  The GL Current Year transactions GL10000 are moved to
> GL20000, Current year data is moved to last year fields in vendors and
> customers as well as other tables.  The list is not long but too much to list
> here totally.
>
> --
> Richard L. Whaley
> Author / Consultant / MVP
> Documentation for Software Users
>
> Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books athttp://www.AccoladePublications.com
>

> "DynamicsGPLover" wrote:
> > Does anyone know which GP tables are updated/affected during the year end
> > closing process? Also, is there a supporting Knowledge Base article stating
> > which tables are update during year end close? Thank you- Hide quoted text -

Hi Mr Richard
Wish book you mean?can you put the link for it...

0
info2256 (101)
9/12/2007 7:45:51 AM
And thanks for giving me a chance to correct myself.  I made a slip of the
keystroke, working from memory.  You see, the GL20000 is moved to the GL30000
when I said it was the 10000 to the 20000.  It is important to have this
information in writing....

There are two books that could help you, Maintaining Dynamics GP (which
includes Month-End/Year-End procedures) and a smaller book that only contains
the closing procedures.  Both can  be found at
http://www.AccoladePublications.com . Follow the links to Great Plains books
and look into the Maintaining Dynamics GP book.

--

"Monzer Osama" wrote:

> On Sep 11, 5:50 pm, Richard Whaley -- MVP
> <i...@AccoladePublications.com> wrote:
> > Our book on Year End Procedures documents this well.  It depends on the
> > tables you close.  The GL Current Year transactions GL10000 are moved to
> > GL20000, Current year data is moved to last year fields in vendors and
> > customers as well as other tables.  The list is not long but too much to list
> > here totally.
> >
> > --
> > Richard L. Whaley
> > Author / Consultant / MVP
> > Documentation for Software Users
> >
> > Get our Free Tips and Tricks Newsletter and check out our books athttp://www.AccoladePublications.com
> >

> > "DynamicsGPLover" wrote:
> > > Does anyone know which GP tables are updated/affected during the year end
> > > closing process? Also, is there a supporting Knowledge Base article stating
> > > which tables are update during year end close? Thank you- Hide quoted text -

> Hi Mr Richard
> Wish book you mean?can you put the link for it...

0
info4071 (3004)

CRM - Sales Pipeline Report
Please help me - I am trying to get the Sales Pipeline report to order correctly on the Estimated Close date. My report formats correctly and I have set to Group by Date from the parent report of the sales pipeline - BUT - when I view the Sales Pipeline Detail report the Estimated Close date is all over the place... E.g. August opportunities following by December then November then October then September! I have spoken to one of my developers and he says that Group by Date is one thing... you need to also order by estimatedclosedate... but he was no help in providing a solution. BTW ...

Set accNewRecord from on close event?
I know this must be easy but, I’m stumped. I want to do the following things when a pop up form (thePopUp) is closed… Requery a different sub form (theSubForm) that will be open when thePopUp is open(got that figured out) Set the focus of that same sub form to a new record row So my On Close event of the pop up looks like this: Private Sub ThePopUp_Close () ‘This works… Forms!theMainform!theSubForm.Requery ‘Here is where I’m having the problem… ‘This blows up… DoCmd.GoToRecord acDataForm, Forms!theMainform!theSubFormControl.SourceObject, acNewRec End Sub Any assistance is apprec...

Updating Multiple Spreadsheetssheets
I have a hierarchy of 4 excel spreadsheets that link to one another. WKSHT 1 is the original information that gets changed manually, WKSHT 2 gets its information and is updated by linking to information in WKSHT 1, WKSHT 3 updates from WKSHT 2, and WKSHT 4 updates from WKSHT 3. My question is, if I need a current update in WKSHT 4, do I have to manually open up and update WKSHT 2 and WKSHT 3 to update WKSHT 4 when values have been changed in WKSHT 1? I know that when you open a spreadsheet it automatically updates, but what if it is linked to another spreadsheet that also has to be u...

after update code problem
Hi, I’ve having trouble with my skip pattern. It seems to work ok for the most part, but my big problem is that it doesn’t seem to reset itself for the next subject. Please see my code below. Basically if the subject is under 18, I want to skip boxes until “question 1.” If the subject is age 18 and over I want to continue with the questions. So, if the subject is under age 18, it skips the correct boxes. For the next subject the skipped boxes from the previous subject are already blocked out and if I enter an age over 18, I get an error. Does it have anything to do when the fir...

How can we get rid of the "Save" pop up box at the end of application?
Whenever the user closes the excel sheet, it pops up an "save?" pop up. Is there a way to get rid of this? --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ It should only ask that question if it thinks you have altered data on the sheet. The only way around this is to write a macro and place a button on the sheet that would close the sheet with one click without asking to save it first. You may be able to use an auto_Run macro to tell the sheet that you have already saved it and don' ask again. If you know how to do macros, the magic code is. sub CloseSheet() acti...

Mutual Fund Last Update and Day's Change not updating
THIS PRODUCT IS MICROSOFT!!! IT IS BILL GATES!!! How long will the developers allow this problem to go on??? I've used MSN Money's Portfolio for years and just started getting the problem in the past six months. A post from MS says "we are working with our data providers to supply the correct date". Fire the data provider and go back to the one you used for years. I think this is a MS programming error that should be fixed by an entry level programmer in two hours. I'll take that bet. "evy38" <evy38@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

Updating Fields
I have two field in a table and I would like to update one field with data from another field; both field is in the same table. See the before and after example below. Before After Field-1 Field-2 Field-1 Field-2 1234 1234 1234 -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com If you are trying to put the same data in two different fields, that is a mistake!! PC Datasheet Providing Customers A Resource For Help With Access, Excel And Word Applications resource@pcdatasheet.com "greenbg via AccessMonster.com" <u349...

Deleted email account pops up after closing and restarting Live Ma
Since I migrated over my email accounts from Windows Mail to Windows Live Mail, I have noticed that one of my gmail accounts (I have more than 2) started showing up twice on the left sidebar. However, one of them didn't show folders when i clicked on it and asked to have the folders downloaded, despite all those folders already having been synced on my "working" email account. The first thing I did was delete the duplicate account from the "Tools" menu and it disappeared. All the other email accounts (live, gmail, & school seemed fine). However, on...

Service Pack 3 updating from Publisher 2002 disc
When installing SP3 it would not read from my Publlisher 2002 disc. How do I correct this to comlpete the installation? There are known issues installing the service pack. This article lists them. Description of Microsoft Office XP Service Pack 3 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;832671 -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Bruce37" <Bruce37@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CCEDB57B-2E76-437B-95EF-D91AE884D023@microsoft.com... > When installing SP3 it would not read fro...

GP 10 table changes
Is there a document available somewhere that lists the table changes made in release 10? Yes, this is widely documented in the Dynamics GP Software Development Kit, which can be found on CD2 of your installation software. Also, you can download updated versions from CustomerSource or PartnerSource. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Elaine" wrote: > Is there a document available somewhere that lists the table changes made in > release 10? Hi Mariano, thanks for the quick response! I...

Online updates
Two problems: 1. I have an existing account, which worked previously with online updates - it downloaded all the transactions, allowed me to match them with ones in my register, etc. Now when I do online updates, it *finally* for the last week or so SAYS "completed successfully", but all it updates is the final balance, and does NOT download any of the transactions, nor mark them as such (previously it did.) Prior to the website changes Micro$oft made, it downloaded the transactions so I could match them, as well as downloading any transactions that I forgot to put in the...

outlook does not close properly
when closing outlook sometimes it closes from the screen but when looking at running processes in task manager, outlook is till open and accepting email. why? I am having the same problem in outlook 2002. I am anxious to see if anybody else is having this issue. >-----Original Message----- >when closing outlook sometimes it closes from the screen >but when looking at running processes in task manager, >outlook is till open and accepting email. why? >. > ...

Pivot tables: Getting each item on a different page (worksheet)
Hello everyone, My problem is as follows: I have prepared a big database (a range with a header line) that basically contains the budget expenses for each department (cost center) of my company for a given year. cost center code expense description authorized amount I have summarized the expense in a pivot table per cost center. I would like to give to each department its own expense and not others'. I'd like to know is there is any means of getting, without VBA, a worksheet per department, that can be e-mailed to them. Should this not be possible, are there any others...

Money 98 Update
Hello, I recently had to reformat my hard drive and unfortunately now I need the update file to enable the OFX import function. ALL my banking etc files are in the OFX format. I went to Microsoft but the web page said they no longer support this product (MS Money 98), so I have searched the web & my backup files but so far I have not found it. Does anyone have any idea where I might find it? TIA, Grammy ...

Update prices in access from Excell
I have a Spreadsheed with the follwoing Coloums, ProductCode, Price I have a Access Table, tblProduct, with lots of flields but main ones i need in this project are ProductCode and Price Inc VAt Currently i have 1300 products in in the database, i have just been given a spread sheet with 200 new prices for products already in database. Is there a way to upload an excel spreadsheet that will upodate price in access Yes, if the values in the spreadsheet can be matched to products in the database for example by using a Product Number. Its a simple matter to loop through the rows i...

Converting from 2003 to 2000 and ending with web publication #2
A friend of mine and I work on a publisher project together. I have Pub. 2003 and she has Pub. 2000. When I want to email her the file, I first save it as a pub. 2000 file. Then I email the file to her. When she receives it it has turned into a web publication, but we need it to be in the print publication mode. Also, when I reopen the 2000 file on my own computer, it is in the web publication format. But I didn't convert it to this, and I don't want it. Can anyone please tell me what I am doing wrong. In the past this has worked perfectly fine. When I emailed the file to her it was i...

Outlook Error-Needs to close down
I am using Outlook 2000 to navigate through my different programs and files. I haven't had any problems doing this until yesterday. I have been getting an error message that says I have to close down the program. The error signiture is as follows: AppName: outlook.exe AppVer: 9.0.0.2416 ModName: mso9.dll ModVer: 9.0.0.3821 Offset: 000204b1 Thank you for your help. Tim ...

SRS GP reports
Does anyone know of a good resource for building SRS reports from GP data? In other words, tables, linking scenarios, report templates, etc., etc. I am aware of the 8 basic ones, but am looking for much more. On a similar note: I am quite new to GP and am wondering about the pro's and con's of building financial reports in FRX vs SRS. Anyone have thoughts on this? Is it worth my time learning FRX or is it better to focus on SRS for all reporting? Thanks! Neil If you're looking for overkill, the SDK is the best option. It's on Disk 2 for version 9 at least. I was ...

Microsoft Dynamics GP Mobile 2008
Hi Can anyone tell me if Mobile 2008 is introduced for GP 10.0 yet? Thanks Janakiram ...

right-clicking in GP 10.0
Hello: I know that the ability to right-click was granted in GP 10.0. But, it is not available in Manufacturing apparently. What parts of GP 10.0 do and don't have right-click capability? Thanks! childofthe1980s Found the following in the GP10.0 What's New guide: Right-click functionality also has been added to some areas of Microsoft Dynamics GP. Refer to the System User’s Guide (Help >> Contents >> Using The System) to see illustrations of the enhanced user interface. Hope this helps, rc "childofthe1980s" wrote: > Hello: > > I know that t...

Export table with Cursor
Hi there, I'm using SQL Server 2008 on Windows Vista x64 In Northwind database I wrote DECLARE @List varchar(50) DECLARE c1 CURSOR READ_ONLY FOR select Table_NAME from INFORMATION_SCHEMA.TABLES where TABLE_TYPE = 'BASE TABLE' OPEN c1 FETCH NEXT FROM c1 INTO @List WHILE @@FETCH_STATUS = 0 BEGIN Print @List --DECLARE @sql VARCHAR(1000) -- Select @sql = 'bcp "northwind..' + @List + ' ' +' queryout "C:\mobiledoc\"'+@List+ '.txt'' -c -t,-T -S.\' + @@Servername -- Exec master..xp_cmdshell @sql F...

Recipient Policy Update Service
When does the Recipient Policy Update Service run, outside of the scheduled intervals? Does it also run when you add an Exchange enabled-object to AD? Q253838 makes it sound as if that is the case. Besides, if not, how would the attributes it mentions be populated (specificly msExchHomeServerName, legacyExchangeDN, and msExchMailboxGuid)? -Chris The default setting for RUS it to "Always run", which is at 1 minute intervals, but is configurable on the General tab of the RUS Service properties in ESM. Adding mail-enabled or mailbox-enabled objects to AD won't trigger RUS to ...

close activities by workflow
Hi all, I know that workflow rules can create activities for a case after an event has taken place, but is it also possible that a rule actually closes one or more activities for cases (after a condition has been met)? Thank you for replying, Basman Hi Basman, Within CRM 1.2 and CRM 3.0 the workflow will not allow you to close activities only to wait for an activity to be closed (IIRC). You could create an aspx page and use that in a post-url action in the workflow. You might be able to pass something like the case id and the name of the activity. Then the code in the ASPX page can pe...

reading from one table to populate a column in another table
Table A has customer code and customer name fields Table B has customer name and phone number fields I want to read through table B, look up the customer name in table A, if it is there, copy customer code to a customer code column in Table B that I will create. I could use a select statement to do this but sometimes the entire name may not match but the first 15 or 20 characters will. by the way, I have bought lots of Access books and have yet to see code similar to this request where you read through one table and possibly populate another. I have programmed in Visual Foxpro and this was...

populate data from a list to a new table
Hello, i hope someone has answer to this. i have a list box on a form and from this i am creating a history table. the list box has a row source a query that contains more column then what's showing on the list. how can i append the rest of this column to this new table of history, since i only have couple of items less on the list compared to the query. i could append what i have in the list using this: Dim varItem As Variant Dim prm_sched As Control Dim DBS As Database Dim rst As Recordset Set prm_sched = Me![sched] If prm_sched.ItemsSelected.Coun...