Which dictionary files are needed for which modules? #2

I'm looking at cutting down the number of dictionary files that GP loads for
our users on startup.  I have a listing of which modules we have registered
and actually use, and I have a list of dictionary files (along with their
associated report and form dictionaries).  Does anyone have a mapping between
the two?  Some are obvious, but short of spending a week mapping out all of
the menues and then removing the dictionaries one by one to see where
everything is, I'm hoping someone (Microsoft maybe?) has a listing of which
modules are in each dictionary.

Thanks!

How do I set up a cumulative sheet in Excel? #2
I'm trying to track employee's hours weekly and then need a year to date report. How do I do this? Tell us a little more about how the tracking for the individual employees is done: everyone on a single sheet (how is it laid out) or each employee on their own sheet (again, how is it laid out) Could be a simple solution if each person is on separate sheets, or if each employee has their own area on one huge sheet, a little more complex if all are mixed together on a single sheet, such as one that might show all employee hours per week as groups on the sheet. As a start, I'll...

Windows File Share
Hi, In our org folder share is blocked from one computer to another. Pls guide me a small to share the files between the machines in the LAN. OS : Windows XP Thanks in Advance. Regards, Maghesh "MS Office Outlook Error" <MSOfficeOutlookError@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB76DE6F-0289-4483-BD89-A6F714298059@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > In our org folder share is blocked from one computer to another. Pls guide > me a small to share the files between the machines in the LAN. > > OS : Windows XP > > Thanks in Ad...

Need help! I cannot open an excel file
I cannot open an excel file which I moved to a new folder and renamed. This error message appeared: "path://filename.xls could not be found. Check the spelling of the filename, and verify that the file location is correct. If you are trying to open the file from your list of most recently used files on the File menu, make sure that the file has not been renamed, moved, or deleted. yumm2dmax wrote: > I cannot open an excel file which I moved to a new folder and renamed. This > error message appeared: > > "path://filename.xls could not be found. Check the spel...

PPT template vs. PPT presentation file?
What are the benefits of sharing a template file (vs. a presentation file)? I know it creates a fresh new Presentation1 doc when opened, but are there other items that "go with" the template file that you don't normally get? TJ Which version of PPT are you using? -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "TJ" <TJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

"Recent files" in File menu does not update when you select the f.
In Excel Selecting a file from "Task Pane" - (e.g. CTRL-F1) does not add the file to the drop down list of recent files accessed. ...

Better Campaign Module
Dear All, Anybody can advice me what kind of add-on of MSCRM that I can use for campaign module? I want to use it for my client. My client want this module can integrated with Activity, Lead and Opportunity. Regards, Frans I know a good ISV that has made that. www.zoomio.com They have made a campaign module "My Marketing Machine" for MS CRM, and it works really good /Jakob "Frans" wrote: > Dear All, > > Anybody can advice me what kind of add-on of MSCRM that I can use for > campaign module? > > I want to use it for my client. My client want t...

backing up files
Does anyone know if it is possible to back up my money files to a CD RW disc. Please e-mail an answer to me. Why should I email you an answer when the answer to this question has already been posted three or four times already this week? Please read the posts. "John Koegel" <bigjohn1016@mns.com> wrote in message news:044501c348bf$62e760b0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know if it is possible to back up my money > files to a CD RW disc. Please e-mail an answer to me. ...

Guidence needed on reinstalling
Hello, I don't know anything about Outlook. I use Windows Mail in Vista but my husband has Outlook 2007 on XP Pro. He is having numerous problems with it and we want to try reinstalling the program to see if that fixes things. 1. Can I just start reinstalling and will it give me an option to repair? 2. Will it delete all he has in there now or just install over top? 3. How do I back up all his emails and settings in case of a problem? Thank you very much for those that reply. 1. Use Office Diagnostics under the help menu 2. 2 3. http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore...

Outlook damaged PST file
have run the Inbox Repair tool on what Outlook tells me is a damaged PST file. I do not get an option to repair the file. I have moved the file so that it is not available to Outlook but it still appears in the Mail pane as a folder. I can't remove it. I would just like to get rid of it. If I leave the damaged file so that Outlook can access it I also can't remove it since I get a message that elements are missing. Once you've moved the file, you should be able to right-click the entry in the mail pane and select Close. -Peter "DonBob" <DonBob@discussions.micr...

Filename #2
Does anybody know if a filename can be changed in a macro? What I need to do is save daily files automaticaly with a name such as DayReport1, DayReport2 .. for the each day of the month. ...

(File > Properties) Read Receipt Requested and Delivery Receipt Requested
Before upgrading from Office 2000 to Office XP, I used to be able to click on File > Properties and see whether the sender of an email to me requested a read receipt. Now, both fields are greyed out after the colon. I haven't found anything on this. Any help would be much appreciated! ...

Full Access vs Runtime Module
I have a master (FrmPTS_Edit) form that contains 3 subforms and one text box (tpoc_count). I use tpoc_count to count the number of employees listed in the 3 subforms combined. (each subform contains a list of employees from different list that will support the project represented by the master form's record) tpoc_count control source reads as follows: =Forms!FrmPTS_Edit!SFrm_POC_Client.Form.Recordset.RecordCount+Forms!FrmPTS_Edit!SFrm_POC_TDT.Form.Recordset.RecordCount+Forms!FrmPTS_Edit!SFrm_POC_Others.Form.Recordset.RecordCount This works great in the full version of Access, howe...

RMS 2.0 with/without SP3
What are the options for taking credit/debit cards with RMS 2.0 sp2 does sp3 add more options? We currently accept credit cards with PCcharge.. we are looking to lower our fees and possibly remove the third party pc charge. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_00C0_01CAD7D8.D80C4130 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Max, SP3 has a new option for Microsoft Dynamics Online Payment Services. It = can use either TSYS or FDC, but I don't know anyone that is using it yet = or much a...

Timer #2
What is the limitatio in using Timer in MFC? I have various timers working at the same time, and sometimes I found one of the timer suspended and the whole application hanged. 1) Can I use more than 1 timer? 2) What makes the timers hanged? 3) What is the max numbers of timer that I can use? 4) How can I combine all timers into 1 timer and do for all the tasks? Thanks a lot, Vicki Depending on the OS involved, you can use up to 5 Timers (system wide, I believe) which means that they are a limited system resource and should not be held when not used. If you have more than that, that is ...

importing files #4
Is it possible to import files from microsoft word to outlook calendar? -- Richard Not directly, but if you can turn the Word file into a comma-delimited text file, it should do OK. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx "richhanl" <richhanl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:368B09EB-AE9A-407A-A48E-35C958CA175E@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to import files from microsoft word to outlook calendar? > -- ...

dictionaries
does anyone know where/how to find and install other dictionaries (spelling, hyphenations, thesaurus) for office xp (outlook) other than the ones that come with the instalation pack? i have a genuine copy of outlook xp 2002 but it's in english and i was looking for dictionary in portuguese.. thanks a lot. you'll need to buy a proofing pack or a copy of office in the language you need. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/out...

Read a file into a _bstr_t
What's the quickest way to read a file into a _bstr_t. (its actually an XML file) -- Michael Tissington http://www.oaklodge.com http://www.tabtag.com Meaningless question. What is the format of the file? 8-bit characters or 16-bit characters? How large is it, that "quickest" has any meaning? If it isn't hundreds of megabytes, the topic is not even worthy of discussion, because disk rotational latency will exceed actual byte transfer time to your buffer by five or six orders of magnitude. And if it is 8-bit characters, it is also a meaningless question, because the ans...

Need Records from 2 Tables
I have an Employee table in Access that is updated weekly from a Payroll system. If someone is terminated, they will no longer be in this table. It was suggested I create a "History" table to keep from losing these terminated records. BUT, this would mean when I query to find an associate, I would need to look at all the records from the Employee Table, and just the unmatched records in the "History" table. With what I know of joins, there isn't a way to do this. So what do I do? Any help would be greatly appreciated!! PB, If you move the terminated empl...

Viewing a .PUB file
I need to view a Publisher file that a client is emailing to me on a weekly basis. I do not have Publisher. Is their an application which will allow me to "view only" a Publisher file. I am not needing the edit or creation capabilities. I am trying to avoid having to purchase a copy of Publisher. Thanks Have your client send it as a PDF file. There is no viewer available for Publisher. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "MValentine" <mvalentine@clds.net> wrote in message news:0ae601c495bb...

The file does not have a program associated with it
Hello, I have a remote business user who has Windows XP Home Edition. They use the system from home. They started getting pop-ups that the computer was infected. They brought the computer in the office, I see the computer had a threat called Antivirus XP. They have Symantec AV I ran a fill scan in safe mode with system restore off, it found 1 threat partially removed it. I reboot the machine back up in regular mode, no more pop-ups, but no matter what I click on --- software, anything in control panel I get the same message ----- The file does not have a program assoc...

Need a little formula help
Hi there, I'm setting up a formula to calculate hours of vacation based on a schedule that increments by years of service. I have the formula set up and working, with the one hitch that when there is no date of joining entered, the formula enters the highest amount of vacation allocated. There will eventually be a date of joining for each person on the list, but for now I would like the formula result to be blank if there is none. I think I am missing a [value_if_false] attribute, but I can't figure out exactly where. Or, I could put another if statement on the final date-of-...

How to handle Exchange 2003 migration when MST file is used
We have purchased a new server for our Exchange server. We ill take the old server running Windows 2003, Exchange 2003 and migrate it over to the new hardware. The only issue is that we use an MST file that automatically configures Outlook. Since the new server will have a new name, what is the best way to handle this without touching 350+ machines? Hi, In the beginning when the old server is still online this should cause no problems because this server knows where the mailboxes are located and will redirect Outlook. When the old server is removed you can create a DNS A record with t...

Delete files with a specific string
Hello, I am looking for a way to delete every file that has a specific string in the filename and i want to delete the files from a folder and all subfolders. here is what i have come up with but it does not work: $list2 = gci "z:\corpstorage\archive\this project\_02_Archive\Delivered Info\Off site location\" -recurse -Include *2008-*, *2009-01*, *2009-02*, *2009-03*, *2009-04*, *2009-05*, *,2009-06* | foreach { remove-item $_.Path } Any help would be greatly appreciated hi, following should work just fine: Get-ChildItem "z:\corpstorage\archive\this projec...

Temporary files
I was trying to burn a movie when a message came up to say that there was no room in C:\documents~\Bonnie~|local~\tmp~ Files like DF19C2.tmp, DF9E43.tmp, DF5OF6.tmp what are these files? =?Utf-8?B?cGVha3MgYXo=?= <peaks az@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:F6B93E64-C922-4085-8031-8C0508086FF3@microsoft.com: > I was trying to burn a movie when a message came up to say > that there was no room in C:\documents~\Bonnie~|local~\tmp~ > Files like DF19C2.tmp, DF9E43.tmp, DF5OF6.tmp what are > these files? Generally, most *.tmp files (along with *.~, ~8.*...

Several files opening at once
I have a shortcut on my Quick Launch bar to a file called Index.xls wherein other hyperlinks take me to a zillion other places as a means of organisation of my computer data. For a couple of months I've been finding that whenever I click Index.xls another file called PERSONAL.XLS opens as well (or in fact momentarily before). I don't know why this is happening. As far as I know I did not change anything that might cause this phenomenon. I located PERSONAL.XLS and changed the filename to PERSONAL.XL1 to see if that might prevent it from opening, but now I have PERSONAL.XL1, PERSONA...