When upgrading from GP 7.5 to 9.0 it's stuck

When upgrading from GP 7.5 to 9.0 it's stuck on "Waiting for the Microsoft
Dynamics GP system tables to update" now it's almost 22 hr and doing same,
does any one any the answer for this.
0
rpatel1 (1)

Restore from a backup, run all the documented pre-upgrade data maintenance,
then try the upgrade again as per documentation.  Hopefully, you are doing a
test upgrade in a test environment first to discover any issues before
attempting it on live data.

"Rocky" wrote:

> When upgrading from GP 7.5 to 9.0 it's stuck on "Waiting for the Microsoft
> Dynamics GP system tables to update" now it's almost 22 hr and doing same,
> does any one any the answer for this.
0
cpamcsenet (44)
5/19/2006 4:58:01 PM
I had this problem also. I just exited the stuck process, restarted and
it worked the second time.

0
dougs7093 (21)
5/20/2006 2:26:02 AM
How big is the database or databases? I just did an upgrade from 7.5 to 9 and
it was taking 2.5 hours for each 130 MB database.
--
Charles Allen, MVP

"cpa-mcse.net" wrote:

> Restore from a backup, run all the documented pre-upgrade data maintenance,
> then try the upgrade again as per documentation.  Hopefully, you are doing a
> test upgrade in a test environment first to discover any issues before
> attempting it on live data.
>
> "Rocky" wrote:
>
> > When upgrading from GP 7.5 to 9.0 it's stuck on "Waiting for the Microsoft
> > Dynamics GP system tables to update" now it's almost 22 hr and doing same,
> > does any one any the answer for this.
0
callen (2505)

graphs #7
how do you add quadrant lines to a graph? These are possibilities: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ColoredQuadrantBackground.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com _______ "CAMG" <CAMG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07E51C6C-AB83-45C3-94E0-27D356CFE342@microsoft.com... > how do you add quadrant lines to a graph? ...

Forms #5
Is there a way to change the font size for text in a Combo Box (from th Forms toolbar? -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi AFAIK this is not possible -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Is there a way to change the font size for text in a Combo Box (from > the Forms toolbar?) > > > --- > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Help Desk Module for CRM 4.0
Is there a help desk module for IT service management that the end users and the IT department with CRM 4.0 ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=624233e3-6ef9-44...

Vista x86 Upgrade to Win7 x64

win CE 6.0 build error
Im running MIPSII CPU on Win CE 6.0 everything was well on building BSP until I updated R3 and several QFE for Win CE 6.0 from Jan --> Aug 2009. sysgen ERROR is the one I get - it fails within a minute of SYSGEN or clean SYSGEN the folliwing is what I get from build.log at \WINCE600\ -------------------- icrosoft (R) Incremental Linker Version 8.00.50727.42 Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. -nodefaultlib -include:DllMain -entry:_DllMainCRTStartup -pdb:C:\WINCE600\OSDesigns\build_test\build_test\Wince600\simuMIPSII_MIPSII\cesysgen\oak\target\MIPSI...

newbie question #5
Hi all, I'm fairly new with working with exchange, and recently came across this problem: I want to receive e-mail from another domain that we bought. There are plenty of tutorials on the web that explain how this is done, and they all come down to the same: add it to the recipient policies. And so I did. The policy is made, all users have their extra address, I applied the policy, I updated the recipient update services... but still all e-mail to this domain arrives at the postmasters' inbox. Another thing: internally it seems to work fine. So it just applies to e-mail coming...

Money 3.0 XP and Networking Query
Hi, I have a client who is using money 3 for personal purposes for keeping track of shares and dividends and such. I realise Money 3 is very old (looks like it was for windows 3.1!) but he does not wish to upgrade to a newer version of money which is more complicated and has many features which he will never use. My questions are: 1] Will money 3 work reliably in XP? 2] Has anyone tried using money 3 over a network? i.e. sharing the file and using it on different computers (it would not have to be at the same time).? Otherwise, can you suggest a program that can deal with buying/se...

Upgrading the CPU?

#DIV/0! error
Dear All I am sure this problem I have can be easily resolved however, I have tried all the online help without success. I want to work out the percentage of two numbers however, to be able include zeros as part of the template. Example C1/B1=D1 as a percentage. Obviously when zero's are entered into the cells it generates the '#DIV/0!'. I have tried entering '=IF(C1=0,"",C1/B1) but it still comes back with the error. Additionally, can you write a conditional format that changes what is displayed when you get an error message? IE. =IF(D1=#DIV/0!,"100"...

8.0 Upgrade

Works 4.0(wks) needs to be converted to Excel 2003
I saw some posts on here about similarites and one even linked to a converter that works but adds garbage to the file unles you buy the full version. Basicaly I just migrated a NT 4 workstation with Works 4.0 on it to a new XP machine with Office 2003. We found a converter for the Works documents but have had no real luck with the wks or Works spreadsheet files. The rlsoftware converter adds advertising of sorts inside of cells and can't be easily replaced. Is there anything out there that works? Find someone with works and ask them to save your files in a format that excel can o...

Contarct in GP 10
Hi, In which Module in GP 10, I can create a contract for a customer and generate a monthly invoice Thanks Hi Alaa, I think you can do this with the Field Service module. Kind regards, Leslie "Alaa Ramadan" wrote: > Hi, > In which Module in GP 10, I can create a contract for a customer and > generate a monthly invoice > > Thanks > Deferrals Module might help. -- Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MVP, MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 mohdaoud@gmail.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "Alaa Rama...

Still battling 1.2>3.0 upgrade

XP Upgrade

Window 7 MAY not be genuine`
I have a valid Enterprise version of Win7 installed on an employee system that is used at home. Periodically, the user gets "this copy may not be genuine", and something about automatic update failed. (after the Windows genuine update). The user can ignore the warning, and "System" shows that Windows status is "Unknown" for a minute and then shows "Activated". This valid licensed corporate copy is in use on a number of systems, but this is the only workstation I know that is having problems. Any clues on how to rid the sytem of this false...

How to get TWO installed with GP 8.0?
The "create sample data" or similar option is no longer available in GP Utils 8.0. How do I load this database? Thanks, Morgan Are you running it from the server? Morgan wrote: > The "create sample data" or similar option is no longer available in GP > Utils 8.0. How do I load this database? > > Thanks, > > Morgan > > Yes. Is a clean install of 8.0, not an upgrade. The option to create TWO isn't in the Utils.. kinda odd. "Robert Yount" <ryount-remove-@prov.com> wrote in message news:%23Ve9Kl84EHA.3388@TK2MSFTNGP...

Windows Media Player 9
Hi, I don't get the picture at all when I play AVI files, although I do get sound. Can someone point me in the right direction for resolving this issue. Thanks - Phil. Wrong newsgroup, but make sure you have the latest version of Quicktime installed. Click on Help and then on 'Update Existing Software'. -- Regards Ken....................... Microsoft MVP - Excel Sys Spec - Win XP Pro / XL2K & XLXP ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- Attitude - A little thing that makes a BIG difference ------...

Conditional Formating #9
I have 4 cells. Below is what I am trying to accomplish. I need the formulas for each of the conditions. Please help. Condition for Cells 1-3 Condition 1: If date is greater than NOW() - Red Condition 2: If date is less than NOW() - Green Condition 3: If there is a date in cell 4 (over ride conditions 1 and 2) - Blue Condition for Cell 4 Condition 1: If there is a date in cell 4 - Blue Thank you, Aviator Assume the cells ar A1:A4, select A1:A3 with A1 as the active cell, format>conditional formatting formula is, for the first condition use =ISNUMBER($A$4) format button and s...

Upgrading to Money 2004 Premium
Hi, I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this problem, and if yes what was the work around. -- Cheers Catherine PM Community Team This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. In microsoft.public.money, Catherine Feldhausen [MSFT] wrote: > >I just upgraded my money 2003 to Money 2004 Premium, and am being told that >my money file with all my data is not compatable, has any one else had this >problem, and if yes what was the wo...

ie8 in win 7
my ie8 has stoped responding in win 7 and I cannot find any version to reload it . Can anyone help? I can use the "in private part of IE only. Hi Ajay, Start>Control Panel>Troubleshooting Click the 'View all' link at the bottom of that page. Select the "Internet Explorer Performance" item. This will start a Wizard that will help you find and fix your incompatible Addon problem. Is this a new computer or have you upgraded from a previous Windows version? If you have upgraded from XP or Vista with either IE6 or 7 then you will need to download ...

Galmod #5
Does Galmod work with E2003 SP1 or does it only work with Exchange 5.5?\ thanks -m On Thu, 19 May 2005 08:47:01 -0700, "-m" <m@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does Galmod work with E2003 SP1 or does it only work with >Exchange 5.5?\ > >thanks -m It should. Use the latest from the Exch 2000 resource kit. On Thu, 19 May 2005 08:47:01 -0700, "-m" <m@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Does Galmod work with E2003 SP1 or does it only work with >Exchange 5.5?\ > >thanks -m It certainly does work but don't try it with your client ...

Ctrl+C (copy) doesn't work within GP
I have a user that when using Ctrl+C to copy in GP 9 doesn't work. You can go to edit>>copy and it will, but the hotkey/shortcut doesn't work. In other programs such as Word it works fine. In a test the machine was able to copy info from Word and Paste into GP by using the hotkeys, but another attempt to copy/paste within GP it failed to copy and just pasted what was previously copied from Word. Any ideas? I have run into this a few times but my issue was that if you try to paste some text into a field in GP that is more than the maximum allowed, then it just does not...

Upgrade? or not to upgrade.
I accepted the invitation to try office 2010. Upon installation, outlook 2007 quit working. Since that is the only critical piece i need out of office, and all my emails etch i desperately need are on there, I uninstalled. Now I get no out look. I get the error: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. I am really kicking myself, I knew i shouldn't have done the upgrade trial. I am bordering on hysteria here. Can anyone help? Tried to open in compatibility mode xp but no go same error. Outlook now does not appear in the start ...