What's included in Dynamics GP kit for a new partner?

Hi there,

How can I know what applications and modules are included in a Dynamics GP
kit for a new partner? or where can I look for it ?

Thanks a lot

Gilberto Villegas
GP Business Solutions partner
0
Gilberto (32)

Ask your Partner Account Manager (PAM)
--
Richard L. Whaley
Author / Consultant / MVP 2006-2008

http://www.AccoladePublications.com

"Gilberto" wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> How can I know what applications and modules are included in a Dynamics GP
> kit for a new partner? or where can I look for it ?
>
> Thanks a lot
>
> Gilberto Villegas
> GP Business Solutions partner
0
info4071 (3004)

XmlResolver and xsl:include
Have been doing a fair amount of reading but at this point no joy. The scenario is - XSL template is stored within db. - Template has a xsl:include statement as <xsl:include href="inc.template.methods.xsl"/> I now I have to pass a resolver when I use the load method so that it understands the xsl include as in: ' object template is custom class to retrieve templates from the db dim template as new objTemplate dim myresolver as xmlresolver dim mytransfrom as xmltransform ' template.xmlDocRunTime returns a xmldocument object mytransform.load(template.xmlDocRunTim...

Integration Manager: GP 9
I have GP setup with an account format that has 5 segments, 2-4-2-4-4. I am trying to import am account list where the account format is 2-4-2-2-3. I changed the account format in the company to this format. However, when I try and run and import I get the error: DOC 11 ERROR: Account number 1050001000100 contains undefined segment information. Any ideas why I get this error? The account length in Source integration file is the same total length as what it is defined in the company. I can hand type in the accounts with no problems. Thanks. Believe it or not, you probably need to insert...

GP 9.0 Table descriptions
Is there any way to find the descriptions for each table in GP? Thanks, Tony Absolutely! Go to Tools >> Resource Descriptions >> Tables. Every table is listed with all the fields. You should also consult the SDK that is on the second GP cd. Additionally, Richard Whaley has published a series of books at Accolades Publishing that does a thorough job of documenting the tables, much better than what MS offers. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Tony" wrote: > Is there any way to find the descriptions for each table in GP? > > Thanks, > Tony > > &g...

In Access, How do I hide records, but include them in the total
I'm running a report where I have work orders. They are grouped by appr and comp. I need to create a report that will show all the appr tickets, but give me a total count of appr and comp. I have the report generated the way I want, with total count, but how do i hide just the comp tickets. xeoimom wrote: >I'm running a report where I have work orders. They are grouped by appr and >comp. I need to create a report that will show all the appr tickets, but >give me a total count of appr and comp. I have the report generated the way >I want, with total count, but ...

Outlook 2003 New Mail Notification
When I first launch Outlook 2003, it retrieves my E-Mail but does not play the New Mail Notification sound. After it's launched, it will play the New Mail Notification sound as new mail comes in. What's the problem? Thanks There is no problem. It is by design. When you first poll for mail on startup, you expect to get mail. However, when you are doing other things while Outlook is open, it is designed to notify you that you have mail when you may NOT be expecting it. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (i...

#includes
I'm looking over my files this evening, and I'm noticing that some of my #includes (of my own header files) are in my .h files, while some are in my ..cpp files. Sometimes I have used incomplete class declarations as well. I have tried to find some good reading to help me understand this whole thing, but haven't so far. Could I get a bit of advice on this? I don't know if this is related, but one of my source files won't give me any of those "smart tips" when the cursor passes over various objects, unless it is something that I have declared in that file itsel...

New Import Utility for RMS Store Ops and HQ! #2
Just a post to advise RMS users and partners that we have just released a new import utility for RMS. It works with both HQ and SO and allows importing of items only, but does allow for changes and updates. Priced at US $495 or GBP £275 for end users. Reseller discounts are available If you are interested please email me at rod@rsgplc.com with the subject RSG Import Utility Rod Barlow Retail Systems Group PLC (Microsft RMS Reseller UK) We also have an Import Utility. The base option does items and related fix data. But it also does catalogue import. Additional module availa...

any easy method to change Dynamics SQL server to multilingual
Hi; At the time of setting up SQL server for my GP Dynamics, I just picked the default setting, I did not pick "Binary order, for use with the 850 (Multilingual) character set." What is the procedure and easy way to change my SQL backup to multilingual character set? Thanks! Reinstall SQL and create the company. DTS the data from the old tables/database into the new tables/database. Mark to delete data in destination tables first and unmark Enable Identity Insert. "KANE" <KANE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08AA05E5-CE15-4EEF-9ADD-68FFE4...

New Page
AVG Anti Virus New Page - Latest Version and Updates: Main Page http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_index.php Version 7.0 (trial and downloads) http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl7.php Ver. 6.0 free download http://www.grisoft.com/us/us_dwnl_free.php LuckyStrike LS@smokedamagedfurniture.youcandriveitawaytoday.com -------------------------- ...

Including MDA information in transaction edit reports
GP 8.0 I would like to include MDA entry with the AP transaction edit list so the input can be reviewed before releasing a batch for posting. Same thing applies to our invoicing. What is the best way to accomplish this task? I have coded this once for a customer. The only method that can work seamlessly is a Dexterity customisation which uses a trigger to add extra lines into the temporary table used for the report just prior to printing. David Musgrave [MSFT] Senior Development Consultant Escalation Engineer - Great Plains Microsoft Dynamics Support - Asia Pacific Microsoft Dynamics (f...

copy contents including colour
Hi In cells A1:B73 I have a list of contacts which are colour coded. What I want to be able to do is to be able to enter the name of 1 of the contacts in lets say G1 and it will search for that name in A1:B73 and automatically copy its colour code over. Many thanks for any help. Al Hi, I'm assuming that the colour codeing isn't a result of conditional formatting and it's simply a fill colour. To do this you need VB. Alt+F11 to open vb editor. Double click the worksheet that this data are on and paste the code in on the right. Close VB editor and type your name...

Dynamic background image in Excel?
In Excel 2003, one can add a background picture to an Excel chart by selecting... Format plot area... Fill effects... Picture Tab... Selct Picture... Is it possible to make the image (picture) acquisition a dynamic process so that the image will refresh (update) each time Excel opens or perhaps when a macro is run? The path and file name will be static, but the image will be new each day. If the solution is to construct a macro, I can do that, but I was curious if there is a better way to address this. Any thoughts? Thanks! Cheers, J You are correct, it will require...

Include a button on toolbar to include/exclude original text when.
When replying/forwarding a message you must go to thru several screens to change your base setting or highlight and delete the message. Add an optional button that would allow you to include/exclude as each message is opened for reply/forwarding. ...

New Implementation

Naming new server
Cana anyone tell me if there are any implication with Exchange 2003 with having the server physically named "xyz.company.com" and having a cname in the internal dns that point "mail.company.com" to "xyz.company.com"? I'd sooner not have to have users needing to know the specific name of the server they need (whether using pop3/imap/smtp/webmail) but I don't know if using an alias is likely to cause problems? TIA, Paul On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 02:56:43 -0800, Paul Hutchings <paul@spamcop.net> wrote: >Cana anyone tell me if there are any implicat...

Table Indexes after upgrade to Dynamics GP v9
After upgrading to Dynamics GP we received an error that was due to "Index 'AK6GL00100' on table 'GMI.dbo.GL00100' does not exist". While troubleshooting this problem I found that there were not any clustered indexes on my GL00100 or GL00105 tables. So, I found the Indexes.cmp in the SQL\Install\0\Company on the server and tried to load the indexes for those tables from that file. That's when I discovered that the indexes in this file were not consistent with our account framework and assumed only 5 segments were in use. Thus, the reason why they failed to loa...

calculating new worth with money 2004 deluxe
I presently use quicken which tracks my loans, mortgages, assets (including portfolio, checking accts, home, vehicles and etc.)and whenever I change the value of any of the above it recalculates my net asset value which I can get with one click of the mouse. Does Money 2004 deluxe do the same??? Walt wrote: > I presently use quicken which tracks my loans, mortgages, > assets (including portfolio, checking accts, home, > vehicles and etc.)and whenever I change the value of any > of the above it recalculates my net asset value which I > can get with one click of the mo...

New OutlookFolder Item / Outlook Item
Hi folks, I'm just developing a Outlook Add-In and want to make a new OutlookFolderItem and a OutlookItem and don't know where to start. Is it possible? Thank you very much in advance. Take a look at the MAPIFolder.Folders.Add method and the = Application.CreateItem method.=20 FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for general Outlook programming = issues "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba or, via = web interface, at = http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=3Dmicroso= ft.public.outlook.program_vba --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook ...

Including Images in Excel Report Builder
We have a client that is attaching jpgs to the item maintenance window in GP and they want an Excel Report Builder report of each inventory item along with its image. It seems that the file name is stored in hex format. Is it possible to include a reference to the image location in an Excel Report Builder report, so the report can include the image inside of Excel? Thanks ...

Moving server to dynamic IP
Hi! We are currently looking into moving our server to a local office since response time is horribly sluggish atm (when server is stationed at a web hotel), etc opening files and stuff like that can take minutes. Our local office only has dynamic IP, there is no way to attain static IP. Our server hosts our website, Exchange server system and local domain server system. I know we can use DYNDNS to make the change but how?! We already have a FQDN that we must use, so we cannot change our website/email to a dyndns name. We do not want to DYNDNS to manage our domain name. ...

Outlook 2003 New Mail Notification Sound 5 Minute Rule -- Any Fix?
In an older post, Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] wrote: "The new mail notification sound will only play once every 5 minutes, even if you get mail every 30 seconds." This rule doesn't work for me. I want Outlook to play a sound whenever a new message arrives, regardless of time or anything else. Is there a registry fix or another setting change that will accomplish what I want? Thanks! Milly is very knowledgeable in this field, if she says 5 minutes, then I would set the interval to check for emails every 5, or better still leave it to the default 6 minutes... "Secre...

#include
Is there a way I can view a text version of my files AFTER the #includes have been processed? I tried using the different switches I found in the documentation for use with cl.exe, but I seem to get everything except what I'm looking for. Example Follows this is what I have before:********************************** //NoClass.h (header file class NoClas void DoSomething() //NoClass.cpp (implementation file #include "NoClass.h CWinSomething *pwsSomething this is what I'm trying to see after:************************************ //NoClass.cpp (implementation file //No...

is it included?
I can't access spanish as a language (spell check incl) from office xp. Is there a download somewhere that will complete the ability to change between languages Engl and Span. Thanks Hi Tony! Take a look at: http://www.acoustics-noise.com/ Eric Desart has a downloadable Analysis ToolPak Translator and the site contains essential information on translation issues. Here's some general blurb about it: "It's probably the only utility on the net capable of automatically extracting the translation of Analysis ToolPak functions, with the added functionality that it automatical...

how to include error correction codes?
hi all, what APIs can i use to include/enable error correction codes in VC++ for modem communication. pls suggest methods thru VC++ codes & not AT commands. can anythihg be done using MODEMSETTINGS ? thanx in advance, ...

Sales Invoice - GP 10.0
Is there a way to add frieght charges to a sales invoice after it has been posted? Thanks! Craig Craig, Save yourself the headache and enter a receivables transaction debit memo. It's the quickest and easiest way to accomplish this. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com The Dynamics GP Blogster at http://dynamicsgpblogster.blogspot.com "Craig" wrote: > Is there a way to add frieght charges to a sales invoice after it has been > posted? > > Thanks! > > Craig Thanks Marian...