What is the 'SERIES' field in the GL20000 table?

We have an auditor that requested a dump of the GL20000 table.  We
noted a field called 'SERIES' that has either a 1, 2, 3, or 4 but we
have know idea what this represents.  Can someone please help?  I
think it may indicate the module but if that's the case, where do I
find out which module is represented by a '1', '2', and so on.

Tony
0
tbrule (5)

Series indicates series generated the batch:
1=All
2=Financial
3=Sales
4=Purchasing
5=Inventory
6=Payroll-USA
7=Project

"tbrule@gmail.com" wrote:

> We have an auditor that requested a dump of the GL20000 table.  We
> noted a field called 'SERIES' that has either a 1, 2, 3, or 4 but we
> have know idea what this represents.  Can someone please help?  I
> think it may indicate the module but if that's the case, where do I
> find out which module is represented by a '1', '2', and so on.
>
> Tony

0
3dog (8)

OLE / Image Field
I have an OLE Image field on a form. Rather than openning the file, I want to save the file to the local drive and then open. Thanks in adbance. "Justin" wrote: > I have an OLE Image field on a form. Rather than openning the file, I want > to save the file to the local drive and then open. Thanks in adbance. Justin: I assume you are working on a network database. One of the options you have with an OLE object is to embed or link. If you choose to embed you are effectivly making a copy of somthing that is already on your computer or server. The size of you database ...

Excel 2003 Pivot Table Interactivity
With Office 2003 Web Components installed, I saved a Pivot Table Report as a web page with interactivity. When I clicked the final Publish btn., the P.T. opened in I.E. with interactivity. Using AceFTP software to upload the P.T. to my personal web site, all I got was the P.T. field layout and no labels or data. The data field had the following message: No Details. The query could not be processed: The data provider didn't supply any further error information. What am I missing? ...

Replacement function not working in a TOC field
Goal: In some lines of a TOC, I want to replace the tab, page number and paragraph mark with a paragraph mark only. The lines are identified with by including a specific word (in the example/code below, the identifying word is 'ONE'). For example, PART ONE TRUST DISTRIBUTION PROVISIONS 1 is replaced by PART ONE TRUST DISTRIBUTION PROVISIONS The code below works if the selected text is typed text, but doesn't work if the selected text is in the Table of Contents field: Sub test() ' Remove the number after a 'Part' X. With Selection.Find ...

access 2007 how to fill a field in every record with a certain val
It was easy in access 2003 Much obliged dennist On Wed, 9 May 2007 03:54:04 -0700, dennist685 <dennist685@nospam.gmail.com> wrote: >It was easy in access 2003 Should be easy in 2007, though the user interface is certainly different. I'd use an Update Query. What have you tried? John W. Vinson [MVP] How do I do an update query! I found queries, but no update query. thanks, dennis "John W. Vinson" wrote: > On Wed, 9 May 2007 03:54:04 -0700, dennist685 <dennist685@nospam.gmail.com> > wrote: > > >It was easy in access 2003 > ...

Text in pivot table
I'm aware that summary functions will not work for text data in Excel 2000 (eg something like 'first' in Access crosstabs doesn't exist). Two questions: - Is this functionality available in later versions? - What are the alternatives (eg anyone got some VBA they've used to do it)? Thanks GB Pivottables are still quantitative summaries. You may want to give more info about what your data looks like and what you want. I might lead to better alternatives. green biro wrote: > > I'm aware that summary functions will not work for text data in Excel 2000 > (...

Collecting data from more than one row in a pivot table
I'm making a customer base where I want to make a pivottable that ca give an statistical overview on when it is most likely to get throug to a particular type of professional (it-director, sales manager, CEO etc.). In each company I have made room for up to four contact persons, eac with his/her own sets of columns (name, position, telephone, etc) an up to three contacts so I can see the development in the contact (e.g first contact results in a call-back, the second a reference to contac person 2, the third a meeting, etc). Each time I choose the result of a particular contact from a...

Moving data series horizontally (offset) to prevent overlapping
Hi, I could use some help with my Line with Markers -chart. My four different series overlap each other a little, which isn't that much of a problem until I add error bars, which are almost impossible to format so that you can know for sure which error bars belong to which data series. Is it possible to move a data series (including its error bars) right or left just a few pixels so the error bars are distinguishable from each other? I've seen this done in some published charts, but can't find a way to do it. Using google I found an example of what I need: http://www.emera...

CRM 4.0 Knowledgebase fields
Hello, I'm attempting to dump out the fields from the Knowledgebase section of the CRM to eventually use them for our customer knowledgebase on our web site, but am having a difficult time handling one of the fields. The field in question is called "articlexml" and if I dump them out via SQL, it contains what appears to be some xml related data. ...I'm not good enough at my parsing skills to remove it, so I was wondering if anyone had any insight to this issue. Here is a sample of one of the entries in that filed (some content removed for simplicity) <articl...

Series colors
I cant find the syntax to specify the color of each series in a line chart. Can someone help? Thanks. I get as far asWorksheets("mysheet").Chart(1).SeriesCollection(n) ... Hi Dan, Try something like this, Worksheets("Sheet1").chartobjects(1) _ .chart.SeriesCollection(1).Border.ColorIndex = 4 Dan Sully wrote: > I cant find the syntax to specify the color of each series in a line chart. > Can someone help? Thanks. > > I get as far asWorksheets("mysheet").Chart(1).SeriesCollection(n) ... > > -- Cheers Andy http://www.andypope.info...

chart with two data series and two colors for each data series
Hi! I am using visual studio.net 2.0 and trying to use OWC11 to draw a chart from the database. If its only one data series it is fine but i cant see the second data series. all i was trying to do was display actual and budgeted against year. below are the code for clarification gvPortfolioHisex.DataSource = dtPropertyCapex gvPortfolioHisex.DataBind() 'Now Build a graph from the dataset Dim oChartSpace As New Owc11.ChartSpaceClass() Dim objChart As Owc11.ChChart = oChartSpace.Charts.Add(0) objChart.HasTitle = True objChart.Title.Caption = "Historical Expenditure Graph&quo...

Query:When 1 field in a table is not = to another field (same tab
Does anybody know how I can do the following? I want to query a table to find when one field in that table does not match one of two other fields. The table in question pulls together data from several sources, and we want to find results where the one field does not have the same info as one or the other of the other two similar fields. For example, say we are discussing favorite color. Field A has it as "blue." If field B or C, or both also have it as "blue," we don't want to see that in our results. If field A has it as "blue" and neither B or C have...

Financial series vs Sales Series
This may or may not be an unusual question, but when I have to do something in GP 9.0 like a utility and it tells me that everyone 'has to be out of the system to do so', does this include anyone who is doing something 'strictly with the financials?' I had told my employer one day that he would have to get out of the system so I could take care of what he requested that I take care of and he said he wasn't doing anything with sales or inventory, just working on the 'financial side' and he shouldn't have to get out. Because of my instance that it would o...

field data missing
My "user definded fields" are missing information! All of my Fields are there but the information I put in the fields is not. The information that I have put in these fields is very small (sort text stuff). Q: Could some switch/filter not be showing the information? Q: How do a get back an older version of my .pst file (that I have not automatically backuped). Will "system Restore" help with data files? Thanks ...

excel pivot table formating
In 2003 there was a feature where you could adjust the way the pivot table looked. I used to use report #7. Is there a report #7 equivalent in 2007? If so, where can I find it. thx. Place the cursor inside the Pivot Table data and now you will see a new menu "Design". Select the desired design from the "Pivottable Styles". Remember to Click Yes, if this post helps! -------------------- (Ms-Exl-Learner) -------------------- "MS" wrote: > In 2003 there was a feature where you could adjust the way the pivot table > looked. I used to...

can i progam a field in forms designed in word
I have designed an invoice form and would like to program it similar to excel but the program does not seem to recognise basic or excel commands. I am using word 2003 (from office 2003)!! is it possible? if not i'll have to try excel which I'm not great at!!! Take a look at these pages: http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=22 http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=46 http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=119 If you need more help after that, it will be important to explain what kinds of forms and fields you're using and exact...

Cannot add custom fields
Hi We have a troubles with adding custom fields in Microsoft CRM. We successfully added 10 field, but next fields will not add more But in the Deployment Manager we can see that fields was added. In other hand in the SQL Server table this fields not presented Can anybody help us ? PS length of record in our table less 4000 bytes PPS We used Evaluation Version Microsoft CRM 1.2 beta Marina mmilanina@datafort.ru ...

Autofill a series from the name box?
If I want to autofill a series of values from 1 to 10, using the autofill handle is the easiest way to do it. But if I want to autofill 1 to 1000, that's a bit more tedious with the autofill handle. Is it possible to do it from the name box? I've been told it can be done but I can't figure it out. Help doesn't tell you and I've checked several books and references, but they all talk about using the fill handle only. You can use the name box to select the range you're interested in and fill a series. Suppose you want to fill A1:A10 with the sequential number...

How do I force a series in a Bar-Line Chart to be a Bar?
I have 4 series in a Bar+Line chart that has multiple Y-Axis and I want 3 of the series to reference the Primary Y-Axis using a Bar format and 1 of the series referencing the Secondary Y-Axis using a Line format. Excel seems to be forcing me to reference 2 series to one Y-Axis and the other 2 to the other Y-Axis. How can I force it to do what I want... I have been trying many settings and have not found the magical combination as of yet. Select the series. Select Chart Type from Chart menu. Select the type of series you want. In the future, you may find it easier to use a common chart...

Pivot-How to add field value to already made group
If I have already grouped values in a Pivot is there a way I can add an additional value without ungrouping and then selecting everything plus the value I left out and then grouping again. I hate having to undo my group when I accidently left out a value. Thanks for any help with this. Ann Not quite with you as I can think of two things you may have done. If the data is external just refresh it and it should get included without anything happening to the grouping. If it is Excel data on another sheet, just add the data to the bottom and then go to the pivot table, invoke the wizard ...

How to get the value of ID columns from older tables?
Hello Community I have several SQL Server tables with ID columns (the property of the columns specify that it "Is Identity Yes"). The tables have many rows but I only want the value of the ID column from a table when the where clause is satisfied. These are "not" newly inserted in fact these rows can be very old and deep within the table. Can anyone tell me how I can extract the value from an Identity column from a table? Thanks Jeff JB wrote: > Hello Community > > I have several SQL Server tables with...

Fill null fields from last record non-null in that field
Access 2000 -- I have a database table which is built from an import from a text file. I want to fill blank fields in records from the last previous record that has a value in that, and then when Access encounters a new record with a value in it, have this pasted into the fields below it. Now, it looks like this: 1 "0010099" 2 3 5 "0010100" 6 7 8 9 10 "0010101" 11 12 I want it to look like this: 1 "0010099" 2 "0010099 3 "0010099 5 "0010100" 6 "0010100" 7 "0010100" 8 "0010100" 9 "0...

Counting Blanks in Non Numeric Fields
I am trying to see how many blank spaces employees leave when filling out a particular form. These fields are generally non numeric, though there are a few check boxes too. Is there an equation I can use in the report footer that would add up the total number of blanks? The goal would be to use that information and divide it by the total number of fields to produce a percentage of complete forms. Many thanks, Caro You'll need to decide what constitutes a "blank". If someone enters something, then deletes it, is that a "blank"? If someone skips past ...

Formulas in tables
I've always used another application to generate invoices, but I decided to use my P2003 and built-in invoice template. Is there a provision for calulating costs in an invoice template? For example, quantity times unit price = total price. Thanks much. Just switched from P2002 and getting a feel for this new version that most of you seem to highly tout. I look forward to working with it. Hi GG (GG@nospam.com), in the Microsoft� newsgroups you posted: || I've always used another application to generate invoices, but I || decided to use my P2003 and built-in invoice template. ||...

FindFirst with numeric field
For some reason I'm having a lot of problems getting a findfirst to work. First I tried comparing to a text field but that didn't work. Now I'm trying to compare to a numeric field (ID) but that's not working either. The first line is I believe correct for a text field. What is the correct syntax if the field is numeric? Thanks for any help on this. rsCategories.FindFirst "ID = '" & Category & "'" rsCategories.FindFirst "ID = " ???????? rsCategories.FindFirst "ID = " & Category -- Doug St...

Text1 field in Tree won't work in header
Using GP8.0, and FRX6.7. We have generated a report which utilizes a tree. The tree is for Corp/region/branch. When I drill down, I would like the header to indicate which branch I am looking at. I have to use @runit, which also puts in the great plains company name, and I don't want that on the line. The only other option as I see it is to put something in one of the text fields on the reporting tree. When I put something in the text1 box, and try to run the report, I get an error that says "Rowset does not support fetching backward." Any idea what that message means? How...