What is the purpose of 'Dummy' window in the Command forms

I am wondering why GP has Dummy window with title "~internal~" for the
Command forms. For example Command_Financial form has Dummy window

Do I need to create Dummy window for my Command forms. If so why I need it.

Any comments appreciated!!!

0
Mandeep (4)

Hi Mandeep,

The Dummy window is there as a placeholder.  It really doesn't do anything,
but should be there in order for the form to work properly since your form
needs to be open for the commands to be available.  The title ~internal~
just prevents this window from showing up in the Security assignment
windows.  Make sure that you set the AutoOpen property of the window to
False so it doesn't opened when you open your form.

Chapter 21 in the Dexterity Integration Guide does a good job of covering
Command forms.

- Mickie

--
Mickie Stamm
Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports

"Mandeep" <Mandeep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am wondering why GP has Dummy window with title "~internal~" for the
> Command forms. For example Command_Financial form has Dummy window
>
> Do I need to create Dummy window for my Command forms. If so why I need
> it.
>
> Any comments appreciated!!!

0
mickie2140 (20)

how to open second excel file in second window
how to open second excel file in second window Hi see your other post P.S.: please don't multipost -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany kvnmurthy@india.com wrote: > how to open second excel file in second window ...

Multiple windows
I have opened a workbook in multiple windows (to view side by side) but would now like to close the additional windows. How can I revert back to just one window? Select the window you don't want to see. hit ctrl-w to close it. Pete wrote: > > I have opened a workbook in multiple windows (to view side by side) but > would now like to close the additional windows. How can I revert back to > just one window? -- Dave Peterson ...

Centering text in email window
Is there a way to move the text away from the left edge of the Outlook window in incoming emails? ...

Question on MDIchild forms
I have two MDI Child forms that are created in a MDI Parent. Here is the issue when switching between the two child forms by clicking anywhere on the child forms (Not just their titlebars) the input focus shifts but the forms do not get the focus (bringtofront). Also under MDI 'Window Menu' the forms do not have the correct check order. The childforms have panels, groups, textboxes etc. Perhaps I'm going about this the wrong way Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks in advance - Wan --------------------------------- Public mMDIParent As Form (in datamodule) ' ---...

Queries and Forms
Hello I have a RiskDB with 1 form. I have 4 differnt people who have access to this form and enter relevant data. I have used enable to allow them access to the fields they can enter data into. The author creates a new Risk on the Form. I then want the action owner to access that Risk and enter his data. I am trying to use 1 form only when the action owner clicks there button i would like the form to open and ask the question which ID number would they like to view. I have a query that asks the question and provides the answer just not in form layout. My aim is to have no more then the o...

Get info from windows task manager
is there a way to get the displayed system information in windows task manager, like those memory usuage inside group box control? i'm writing a program that faces the same kind of situation like this. Take a look at the GetProcessMemoryInfo() API. -- Cheers Check Abdoul [ VC++ MVP ] ----------------------------------- "ffkiller" <ffkiller@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:0f2901c372f0$a1475530$a301280a@phx.gbl... > is there a way to get the displayed system information in > windows task manager, like those memory usuage inside > group box control? i'...

Closing window
Hi How can I close a aspx page that is opened from CRM throuh isv.config automatically from codebehind without getting the IE security error ?? /Jack On Jan 13, 5:26=A0am, "CRM consultant" <nom...@der.dk> wrote: > Hi > > How can I close a aspx page that is opened from CRM throuh isv.config > automatically from codebehind without getting the IE security error ?? > > /Jack U can use javascript to do that. I tried this but IE asks the user if its ok to close the window, that's the problem /Jack "Mahain" <mahender80@gmail.com> skrev ...

How do I make a copy of company for test/training purposes?
What are the steps to follow to create a copy of my current company to use as a training company on the same server? I know I have to create the company using utilities, but what steps do I use to get the data connected? Thanks On May 29, 10:45=A0am, Bob Harrison <BobHarri...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > What are the steps to follow to create a copy of my current company to use= as > a training company on the same server? I know I have to create the company= > using utilities, but what steps do I use to get the data connected? > > Thanks Hi Bob Follow the KB...

Child With 2 Possible Parent Windows
I have a dialog window that is opened by one of 2 parent windows. Depending on which parent window it is, the display parameters are different. What's the best way to determine which parent window opened this window? I tried to use a handle to each and compare the handles, but no luck. CWnd* pWnd=GetParent(); HWND hWnd=pWnd->GetSafeHwnd(); CWnd* pPlayWnd=GetWindow(IDD_PLAY); HWND hplayWnd=pPlayWnd->GetSafeHwnd(); if(pWnd==pPlayWnd)... or maybe if(&pWnd==&pPlayWnd)... Thanks, Matt "matt" <bonmatt10@cs.com> wrote in message news:c2838b8f.0402251129.1a2...

Macros on Windows 7
Has anyone had any experience with EXcel 2007 macros written on XP running on Windows 7 ? I am considering upgrading from XP Pro to Windows 7 but very concerned that I may have issues with existing macros. I am sure that many others will be asking similar questions. Wes: I'm sure you will get plenty of responses on this, but I'll throw in my two cents on issues I have encountered. The most troublesome problems for me were file open and file save functions. Since the xls can now be xlsx, xlsm, etc, I had to program in some tests to see which version of Excel was running...

Can't register Windows Scripting Host with Windows 7
I have a vb6 app. which uses Windows scripting host. The inno installer has always worked well on Windows 95 through to Vista but on Windows 7 produces this error. C:\Windows\system32\wshom.ocx unable to register the Dll\OCX: regsvr32 failed with error code 0x5 Any ideas? I've heard the installation of windows scripting host is now considered a bad security risk from windows 7 onwards. You should always know the redist. situation with any file before you ship it -- and not just on the level of hearsay. Sorry if that sounds scolding, but we're shipping files to other ...

Forms
excel 2003 Can anyone tell me how to change the spinner increments to a value less than 1 eg :0.25 How about using a linked cell and a helper cell. If your linked cell is A1, then put =a1/4 in your helper cell. kevo wrote: > > excel 2003 > > Can anyone tell me how to change the spinner increments to > a value less than 1 eg :0.25 -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Global command to restart all numbered lists at 1?
I am using Word 2007 on a Windows XP platform. I have a document that is nearly 300 pages long. It was produced with a different authoring tool, which publishes output to Word. When the content arrived in Word 2007, not a single one of the numbered lists started over at 1. When I check the List Number style, the properties say, "Start at: 1", but it never did. Is there a global command to restart all List Number sets at 1? There is at least one Heading 2 and one Heading 3 between each set of numbered lists. Thank you! Tim In Word, the safest way to restart ...

How do I transfer email data from WinXp to Windows 7
I just set up a new computer with Windows 7 and need to transfer my email folders and emails contained therein from my old computer which has outlook express in WinXP. I would prefer to transfer the data with a USB flash drive as I have no cables or other perhipherals to utilize another method. I've checked the internet and tried several methods suggested therein but nothing has worked. Moreover, theres no reference with regard to transferring from Outlook Express to Windows Live Mail (Windows 7), if that has any bearing on my ability to effect the transfer. This may not b...

Window position on the monitor
Is there a way to set the default position on the monitor for a new window, such as starting a new email message? Currenly a new window goes to the upper left corner, & I would like it in the center. Thanks, Pat On 12/8/07 11:54 AM, in article 598a4a61-1f59-419f-a281-614a7f1a7358@w28g2000hsf.googlegroups.com, "patrick.cashen@gmail.com" <patrick.cashen@gmail.com> wrote: > Is there a way to set the default position on the monitor for a new > window, such as starting a new email message? Currenly a new window > goes to the upper left corner, & I would like it in...

Windows mail gremlins
I have just lost all the folders in my Windows Mail left hand margin. I have had a few problems recently where all the folders dissappear and re-booting the system makes come back, but yesterday all I have is my mailboxes. Does anyone know how I can fix both of these issues? In the left pane of Windows Mail, all that should be there are the folders. I have no idea what you mean when you say your mailboxes are in the left pane. As to the folders, check: View->Layout->Folder List Expat;1634506 Wrote: > I have just lost all the folders in my Windows Mail left hand m...

Can't log into Windows XP.
I had a virus on my computer called 'Internet Security 2010' which i tried to remove with 'AVG Free 9.0'. My anti-virus software required a restart in order to remove all of the virus's. I restarted and now when i try to log into my profile it logs in for 3 seconds and logs out before I can do anything. I tried logging into every advanced login option, IE safemode /w command prompt and all of the other options. I can not log in with administrator either. I read some things online that said to boot from the Windows xp CD. I tried this and got a message on the b...

"Microsoft Windows Component Publisher"
When I navigate to update.microsoft.com, I am offered a software component signed by "Microsoft Windows Component Publisher" verified by "Microsoft Windows Verification Intermediate PCA". Do these outfits represent Microsoft, or are they some scam to install malware? It helps those answering your questions if you provide your operating system and service pack information (e.g. Windows XP SP2, Vista SP1) and your browser with version number (e.g. IE7) . "Jack Waugh" wrote: > When I navigate to update.microsoft.com, I am offered a software comp...

windows vista contacts
can I merge my windows vista contacts list (name.contact) into outlook 2007? If so how? Depends on your OS, which you did not mention. In Vista, you can import them if you want, but you cannot use a common Contact source. File > Import and Export... > Internet Mail and Addresses > Windows Mail. -- Russ Valentine "pastortb" <pastortb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:678883D0-2C7D-46D5-A325-D716112B7180@microsoft.com... > can I merge my windows vista contacts list (name.contact) into outlook > 2007? > If so how? ...

combining info on to a form
Have a question and do not how to do this. What I am trying to do is pretty hard to explain but here I go. I have a table that has a units mtoe in it with fields like duty title/description/req personnel for that postion and required personnel for that postion. What I did was take that and broke it down to where each postion is only req one person. Know here comes the tricky part. is there a way to go on the form and combined the postion back together again so it looks just like the mtoe. If you need more info please let me know. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Thu, ...

How to window cost
I've been away from Project for a while but it seems to me that I used to be able to insert a Cost column that would display the cost over a designated period of time for example, from today thru the end of the project to show the cost to complete. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks, ritpg The remaining cost column does exactly that (assuming you have entered actual costs to date or had Project calculate them) -- If this post was helpful, please consider rating it. Jim Aksel, MVP Check out my blog for more information: http://www.msprojectblog.com "ritpg" ...

Can I create an outline form numerical Outline Level?
Further to my posting 'Can I copy row grouping between files?' In my Excel file containing data exported from MS Project there is a column headed 'Outline Level', containing numbers 1 > 8. How can I use these to create an outline to group rows in the excel file? ...

What is the purpose for a Spreadsheet? #2
This is part of a IT assignment, and this is the only thing that I have no idea about, i just use it to make Tables and Charts ...

Excel 2003 in seperate Window
Hi, I am using multiple monitors and would like to to have a seperate workbook open on either monitor so that i can look at either monitor and see the different workbooks. At the moment the workbooks open in the same window and they cant be split. I have looked at Tools, Option, View, Show and checked and unchecked "startup Task Pane" and "windows in Taskbar" I have also tried 1. Go to Start / My Computer then right click and select explore. 2. Then Select Tools 3. Then Select Folder Options 4. Then Select File Types Tab. 5. Scroll down the list of Registered Files type...

How to print a blank form for data-entry purpose?
I want to print a blank form for data entry purpose. If the form is totally blank, nothing prints out (except for label on top of form). To solve this problem I input a simple character in one field, which is not a wise solution. Is there a better way to print blank form? And more, in numerical fields, a zero appears. I want this zero not to appear in print. How can do this? Rasoul Khoshravan wrote: > I want to print a blank form for data entry purpose. If the form is > totally blank, nothing prints out (except for label on top of form). > To solve this problem I input a simple cha...