What is the purpose of 'Dummy' window in the Command forms

I am wondering why GP has Dummy window with title "~internal~" for the
Command forms. For example Command_Financial form has Dummy window

Do I need to create Dummy window for my Command forms. If so why I need it.

Any comments appreciated!!!

0
Mandeep (4)

Hi Mandeep,

The Dummy window is there as a placeholder.  It really doesn't do anything,
but should be there in order for the form to work properly since your form
needs to be open for the commands to be available.  The title ~internal~
just prevents this window from showing up in the Security assignment
windows.  Make sure that you set the AutoOpen property of the window to
False so it doesn't opened when you open your form.

Chapter 21 in the Dexterity Integration Guide does a good job of covering
Command forms.

- Mickie

--
Mickie Stamm
Flexible Solutions - home of GP Reports

"Mandeep" <Mandeep@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am wondering why GP has Dummy window with title "~internal~" for the
> Command forms. For example Command_Financial form has Dummy window
>
> Do I need to create Dummy window for my Command forms. If so why I need
> it.
>
> Any comments appreciated!!!

0
mickie2140 (20)

Enabling smartphones for CRM with Windows Mobile 2005
Hi! I am attempting to create a test version of a emulator package for smartphone in order to enable CRM connectivity. I have created the package using the Windows Mobile 2005 files (emulator is Windows Mobile 2005), however, each time I attempt to load the .cab file it states (in the emulator) that "Installation of CRM_Client_Root.cab was unsuccessful. The installation file is not intended for this device." As I stated, during the installation packet creation and the deployment packet creation I specified *pocket pc, Windows Mobile 2005*. If anyone knows how this can be ...

msbuild, express edition, and windows.h
I am trying to build something from *msbuild* that needs access to the platform sdk. I followed the directions for downloading the SDK and using it from the IDE, and that works. However, nothing I try will make the compiler stop yelling about a missing windows.h I tried several things: * Running a VS prompt and setting the Include env var. * editing vcvars32.bat to set the include var None of these things work. I would be left setting the include directory of all the projects in the solution, something that is rather annoying and might cause problems for the rest of us using standard edi...

Form printing problem
Hi all, I have a form that holds customer records which we have been printing out for filing. I put a print record command button at the top of the form and this has been working perfectly for at least the last four years printing on plain paper using auto selection on the printer. Recently the form record has started printing onto header paper. It doesn't matter whether I change the properties on the printer it keeps printing to headed paper and the only way round was to put plain paper into the headed paper tray. We have now a new printer in the office which has been set as my defa...

what is the purpose of DYNSA?
can i delete it? DYNSA is another administration account in Great Plains (comes from earlier versions, I guess); sa is the first/main. You should not delete any of them. I suggest you set up a password for DYNSA and leave the account there, because you never know, one day you may need it. -- Miri "b3netton" wrote: > can i delete it? DYNSA is a required account; it is the owner of the Great Plains databases. It can be used to do things that were only available to the 'sa' user in prior versions. "Miri" <Miri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Edit a table while in form view
I have a form that has multiple tabs and subforms. On one of the tabs is a subform with a recordsource that is a query. It shows data from a table in datasheet mode. In that table I have a field "Selected" which is a Yes/No field (checkbox). In form view, I want to be able to check the checkbox in the table in the subform. I don't have that field locked, what other settings should I check? Thanks, Akilah Can you update fields in the query if you open the query by itself? You need to determine whether it is the form that is locking the fields or the query itself. ...

Window update stopped
Dear Sir, I am Windows 7 user, however, the window update always stop and never continue to update, please help to advise how to solve this problem: 800706BE 800706BA 8024000B 80070643 Best Regards, Leo Ngai Window update stopped wrote: > Dear Sir, Why just "Sir"? This is a internationally synchronized newsgroup with responders and original posters from all walks of life. ;-) Appropriate in this (particular, my responding) case, but as a general term...? > I am Windows 7 user, however, the window update always stop and > never continue to upd...

Windows Explorer File Find Function missing
Hey guys. I have a new problem. My Windows file Explorer no longer has a find function or dialog. Hitting Ctrl+logokey+F yields an error: "The active directory domain service is currently unavailable." Is this common? Is there a known solution? Thanks for any assistance in this matter. Hi, What operating system are you using? What are you trying to find? My best hunch is that you should use Ctrl+F instead of Ctrl+Winkey+F Carlos "Nunya" wrote: > Hey guys. > > I have a new problem. My Windows file Explorer no longer has a f...

class wizard, where does class window "discover" what messages window can handle?
Where (what file) does window use or how does Class Wizard discover, what messages a window can handle and receive? For usere defined messages, I remember there being a way to add the to some file, so that they are visible in ClassWizard in message list. Martin Ortiz wrote: > Where (what file) does window use or how does Class Wizard discover, what > messages a window can handle and receive? > For usere defined messages, I remember there being a way to add the to some > file, so that they are visible in ClassWizard in message list. > > I don't think there is a way t...

Windows search in Excel with autofilter
I have a user still running Windows 2000 using Excel 2000. Anyway, he's having an issue doing a search in Windows on a folder with his excel spreadsheets. Whenever he searches for "a word or phrase in the file" he's unable to find text in Excel spreadsheets that have autofilter enabled. Within Excel the Find function works but that doesn't help him search for text in multiple spreadsheets. Has anyone seen this behavior? Any advice is greatly appreciated. - Dave hi, the find function only search 1 sheet at a time. microsoft fix that in xp i think so that it wou...

Window XP: Can not move icons on desktop
I am sorry to bother you folks again, but besides not being able to do a restore, now I can not arrange the icons on the desktop; they will not move and stay where I put them. They jump back to the original position. I have Auto Arrange and Align to Grid unchecked and it still does not work. Also I noticed that arrange in groups is grayed out. As suggested by someWebsite information I used the task manager to run exploder.exe. to see if the same thing happens to files when displayed as icons, The arrange in groups was no longer grayed out but I still could not arrange the ...

Outlook Express to Windows Mail
I've got a *.bak (was a *.dbs until OE Compacted it to the Recycle Bin) Folder in my PC with XP and was wondering how to take that folder & import it into Windows Mail? I don't want to Restore it on my XP PC with OE as it will overwrite a folder with newer Email. -- Thanks, Bill Post replies back to News Group The easiest way would be to restore it to OE as WinMail can't read a dbx file, and you can avoid the overwrite. Create a new temporary folder and move all the messages from the folder the messages will be restored to, to this new folder. Restore the b...

Cascade of tables/forms
HI, Needs some guidance to suitably create tables. I need to input students attendance information for every week. The fields required are WeekNo, StuID, TotalClasses, ClassAttended. There are other tables which contain batch information. Table StudentsBatch , with fields StuID, BatchNo, JoinDate. Table BatchInfo with BatchNo, Subject, Timing, Tutor. Now i am trying to create a form where i can enter the Week No, select Tutor from a list, which will list the students of the batches handled by that tutor in a subform, where i can enter the Total classes and ClassesAttended for the ...

Unlimited Tax-Free Funds Available For Any Purpose #2
Unlimited Tax-Free Funds Available For Any Purpose Become debt-free. No loans, pay-back or credit checks. Live the LIFE YOU DESERVE with tax free funding. Tax-Free Funding is NOT a loan, Grant or Consolidation. Get out of Debt. No pay-back required. No credit checks. Not an Internet Program. No MLM or Pyramid strategy. Nothing to buy or sell. No investment required. Over 229,000 people already receiving Tax-Free Funding because of little known IRS statutes. Guaranteed acceptance for people 18 years and over. Open only to residents of U.S. and Canada. See our Computer Listing Service for com...

windows mail
I am not receiving e-mail. When I click send/receive, it goes through very fast and says successful. I know there is mail to receive. I can send e-mail. ANY IDEAS?? Send yourself a test e-mail. Does it appear in Sent Items? Can you see it on your server's Webmail site? Is this a POP3 account? -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "Steve B" <Steve B@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6348301-9C20-4ABF-B2DE-1011BE6E39E0@microsoft.com... >I am not receiving e-mail. When I click send/receive, it go...

Is there a general purpose integration kit for CRM?
We're looking at purchasing MSCRM. One of the things we need to be able to do is integrate between CRM and our archaic accounting system. If anyone can answer my (hopefully simple) questions, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks! 1. I've noticed that there is a specific integration kit for Great Plains, but no general purpose integration kit. Is this right, or have I just missed something? 2. Does MSCRM come with BizTalk Partner Edition by default, or does BTS only come with the CRM Integration Kit for Great Plains? 3. Does MSCRM provide a license for integration purposes? Or d...

purpose of subscribe/unsubscribe?
I'm using Outlook 2003, and my account is using IMAP. What is the purpose of using the subscribe/unsubscribe feature for the folders? I am able to get emails from folders that are not subscribed to, so this is confusing me. Thanks! James Serra <james@footballsoftware.com> wrote: > I'm using Outlook 2003, and my account is using IMAP. What is the > purpose of using the subscribe/unsubscribe feature for the folders? I > am able to get emails from folders that are not subscribed to, so this > is confusing me. Thanks! When I try it, only subscribed folders appear...

bcm for windows Mobile 5...
I recently bought a SPV M3100 WM5 phone and installed BCM for wm5 on it. However, it all synchronised up ok, and then I set the options to sort them by business rather than name. It hanged the whole system and now, even though I've un-installed it, it won't even run at all now. Any ideas? ...

multi line form field
I wish to create a field in a Word form that will enable me to use a drop down (or equivalent) to choose from a list of "Mailing Labels" which each include Name, Address, City, St, Zip. Using a drop down form field only allows me one line of information, and I need 3. -- Montana Laz If you had the address details stored as autotext entries, you could use the following code on exit from a DropDown type FormField to insert the address corresponding to the selected name (company in the case for which the following code was created) into a Text FormField on the followin...

Access
I have a form, and a sub form. WHen you are done entering data on the sub form and click add new records (>*) I want to return to the the main form - but the cursor stays on the sub form. I can't find a way to attach a macro when you click new record to close the sub form and open the main form. HELP! You can click the new record navigation button on the main form to go to a new record simultaneously in the main form and subfom. Put the following code in the Current event of the main form: If Me.NewRecord Then Me!NameOfFirstFieldOn MainForm.SetFocus End If The code will ta...

GP 10.0 Windows Minimizing
Hello: Most of the time, I receive nothing but compliments on the new user interface in GP 10.0. But, a client that is upgrading from 9.0 to 10.0 does not like the new "Windows" interface where all screens are minimized once you click on another screen. They are an insurance processing company and they need customer notes, inquiry, maintenance, and transaction screens to refer to as they are entering data. They do not have Modifier. Is there an ISV out there that will allow windows to "stick" and not be minimized? They also don't like the fact that, when a w...

Kill and RmDir Commands
I need to delete folders, sub-folders and files related to a database record (Windows2000Pro/Access 2003). Using 'Kill' and 'RmDir', the files and sub-folders are removed ok, but the parent folders will not delete. Furthermore, if I try to delete them in Windows Explorer (while the database is open), I get a'Sharing Violation' message and am not able to remove them there until I close the database. Can anyone help with a solution to removing folders and sub-folders properly in VB? Thanks in advance Ian King What's the code you're currentl...

Streamlining compose window
How do I remove the format bar and the add photos, a/b format, and layout buttons from the compose window? Those apply to HTML format. Switch to Plain Text and they won't show. For the current message, select Format, Plain Text. To set as the default, in Tools (ALT+T), Options, Send set Plain Text as the default for mail and/or news as desired -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "Me" <test@example.com> wrote in message news:#0NK66DoKHA.5508@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > How do I remove the format bar and the add photos, a/b format, and &g...

Format Command
I have a text box in a report using the Trim command where I need to change the Formatting procedure for part of this as follows: =Trim("Born On"[Date of Birth],Format Bold, "In" [Place], Format Bold) I need the Date of Birth Field to be in bold and the Place to be in Bold. As I am relatively new, I would appreciate the correct syntax that I need to use and any help wil be greatly appreciated. The Format function cannot do what you're trying to do. Assuming this is for a report, take a look at what Stephen Lebans has at http://www.lebans.com/mixbold-...

Problem changing store on Windows Mail
Everything on my Lenovo T61 with Windows Vista Home Premium was working fine until I lost power. Before the loss, Windows Mail was working with the storage location on a Netgear ReadyNAS on my local intranet. After restoring power, the WindowsMail store location was changed some how to the default location on the C drive, of course with no account information or messages. When I try to change the storage location using the "Maintenance - Change Store location" buttons, I browse to the original store location on the ReadyNAS, with the old messages, but the "ok&qu...

Windows installer window.
Just installed Office 2003 Pro. Everything works OK except Outlook. Every time I open Outlook a wiindow pops up titled "Windows Installer" saying "Preparing to Install". It pops up twice to fully open the progam (for a second or so each and then once as each Email comes in. Have removed and reinstalled--no help How do I stop this Thanks ...