web service fails when text field on invoice are having apostrophe

We have a procedure 'Invoice Close' (xfer to GP) .This procedure fails for
invoices that include an apostrophe in the Sales Order Description.

Need help how to handle this.
0
mundada (1)

In your code, you'll need to wrap the apostrophe. This error is caused by web
services or sql stored procedures that can not handle the apostrophe
character and treat it as a text qualifier. For more information, consult
MSDN.

-Mike

--
Micheal LoPatriello
Coordinator,

"jagdish mundada" wrote:

> We have a procedure 'Invoice Close' (xfer to GP) .This procedure fails for
> invoices that include an apostrophe in the Sales Order Description.
>
> Need help how to handle this.
0
mlopat (88)

Creating Appointments from Web Pages
Hello All, I want to create an appointment in Outlook when the user clicks on a link on the web page. Can anybody please tell me about the ways and the tools that are available to this? Thanks in advance, Satyajit Bhagwat Use Outlook to create an appointment, then save it as an .ics iCalendar = file. Put the file on your web site and add a link to it.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers ...

Text to Columns ???
Hello All The results of my formulas are time worked in the format of 12.00 or 8.00 etc As the results are centered in the cell, is it possible to have the decimal point in line every time. Obvioulsy if the results are less than 10 hours, they would line up normally. If however, the results are over 10 hours, the whole figure is centered in the cell misaligining the decimal point. If this is possible, please can you explain how. I have tried using Text To Columns, but cannot seem to get it to work. Thanking you in anticipation -- Big Rick Format | Cells | Number | Category: Number | Set...

Saving a web page with a background sound
I am having a problem publishing my website with Publisher using the ftp server for my Comcast webspace. If I publish my website without a background sound it is fine, but as soon as I add a .wav file as a background sound through web properties in Publisher, I get an error that Pulisher can not save this file to the web. Does anyone have any suggestions. I forgot this info. I am using Publisher2000 and when I preview the web page in Publisher, the preview plays the sound. "Marland" wrote: > I am having a problem publishing my website with Publisher using the ftp > ...

crash with text field in VB userform
I've got a set of VB macros for MS Word 2004 that use text fields in VB userforms. Up until recently this was fine, but either due to a Tiger update or a Word 2004 update, now if the user types into the text field, Word immediately crashes. This occurs in several different userforms. I'm running Mac OS 10.4.11, Word 2004 11.3.5. I'm on a Mac Mini but I've seen the same behavior on a G5. Has anyone else seen this? Got suggestions? I haven't seen this. I do know that the Graphics Update Apple pushed out to OS 10.4.9 PPC systems broke a bunch of stuff. Sorry to be no help....

Pivot Table, Line Chart with Secondary Y axis, Page Field selection destroys Y2 axis
Even after googling for a while I cannot find anyone with the same problem, so here it is: if generating a Line Chart out of a Pivot Table with Page fields, AND using a Secondary Y Axis in the line chart to separate 2 or more curves, this secondary Y axis disappears as soon as any Page Field value is reselected or changed! I'd call this a serious bug. Depending on the Excel versions I tried the effect is different, but destructive to that Y2 association: - in Excel 2002 (SP2) all curves of the Line Chart are associated with the Primary Y axis, the secondary one disappears - in Excel 2000...

Web Query Question
I'm updating sports scores in excel 2002, The first set of Columns Are the Team Names and the Final Score of the Game (These 2 columns update after each game). My other 2 columns are used for notes and other information. When ever I refresh the data, the first 2 sets of columns update, however the notes for the game stays in the same place. How do I get my other 2 columns to move down the page with the old scores. Please help, because this is driving me crazy! If I need to explain further Please dont hesitate to ask!! Thank you, Matt Thu, 20 Dec 2007 13:22:00 -0800 from So...

Letterhead invoice form
I have scanned a company invoice form to an Excel spreadsheet. The automatic format is a picture and I have made it transparent. I'm having trouble lining it up with the grid, getting the bottom part of the form to line up with the very bottom of the spreadsheet and it won't allow me to add data to the rows or cells. I have invoices set up to print on the blank stationary which line up just fine. However, I am trying to minimize the use of my personal printer. To use one of our large copiers for printing, I need the letterhead information to print. Too many use this copier...

Populate Fields
Hello, On my Access form have 2 fields. Code and Code Description. The code field does a look up on a table and allows the user to select the code they want. The table contains the code and code description fields only. What I'd like to be able to do, is if a user selects code A1 (for example) the code description field automatically populates with the code description. How can I achieve this? Thanks all! Is the control for the code field a combo box? If so, you can change the row source to include the description in an additional column as long as you can construct the query pr...

Text box on picture
Trying to put the year on a pivture so that I can put the picture on an ornament. How can this be done? I'm using Publisher 2003 Thanks, John Lay a text box on top of the photo. Choose a font color that stands out. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "text box on pictures" <text box on pictures@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2034252A-08B0-48DC-9A46-4DEAD5098DF0@microsoft.com... > Trying to put the year on a pivture so that I can put the picture on an >...

Can Excell create a running invoice NUMBER?
Lets say I was to create a form that will be used over and over, but everytime I fill it out and print it I need it to generate a number that changes 1 digit each time it is pulled up and printed. Example, I have a blank invoice, then I fill in the fields as needed and the invoice has a number on the top numbered 00001 so I print it and close the file. Then tomorrow I open it and do the same thing except the invoice number now is set at 00002. I am not sure if Excel can do this or not. This would be pulling a rabbit out of a hat if this can be done :cool: G. --- Message posted from http:...

office outlook web access 8.1.375.2
The inbox view automatically truncates the 'From' and 'Subject' fields of each email to 16 or 25 characters. This makes scanning down the list of emails difficult since a good portion is not displayed. How do I as a user or as an admin, change the default settings for this truncation so more characters are displayed? > The inbox view automatically truncates the 'From' and 'Subject' fields > of each email to 16 or 25 characters. This makes scanning down the > list of emails difficult since a good portion is not displayed. How do > I as a user or ...

Web Query #5
Hello, I am using Excel 2003. Are there web pages that do not allow you to use the web query function in Excel? I have found when trying to use the Web Query, in some cases, when I click IMPORT, I do not get any results. It either comes up blank or I get a banner/message that is not on the actual page I trying to import! Thanks ...

Time to text conversion
I have Mac's version of Office (Office 2004), but it shouldn't matter.. The problem: I have a column in a table containing times (for some events). Data found in the cells looks like this: 1) "20:00 2) "20:00/22:00" (starting/ending time) Excel has automatically formated type 1 cells as "time", and type 2 cells as "text". I need all the cells to be formatted as "text". How? If i change the formatting of a cell, it displays something like "0.833333" (20.00 divided by 24). The only solution I came out with is copying the whole co...

Email service for members...
We are an association (ABC.org) that offers an email service to our members that allows them to sign up for an email address that ends in the same domain as that of the staff at our headquarters. For ex, a doctor could sign up for: drJohnson@ABC.org and provide a 3rd party email of drjohnson@yahoo.com so all email sent to the @ABC.org is forwarded to the yahoo account. Currently, our ISP maintains a list of all doctors that participate in this service and filters for email sent to those email addresses and fwd's them to the 3rd party address so they never reach our Exchange server. ...

Viewing Access Reports on Web page prompts download
My Issue is related to knowledge base article 921025. The solution in the article fixes our problem perfectly but the issue is that every time new windows update patches are installed (once a month) this registry key is changed back to its original state. This is causing havoc because every month we have a mob of angry users who cannot view important production information until we can reapply the work around to all the pc's in the plant! Is there a more permanent solution we can put in place? What we did was switch from snp to pdf and uploading those instead. GEFanucJP wrote: &...

Works fine in PUB and WEB Preview
Hello all - I apologize for my neophyteness in advance. Everything works fine in PUB. When I look at the web preview it looks fine. When I publish it to disk IE'ing from the HTML works fine. When I place it on the web the links for subsequent pages in the guidance bar on the left side (the pre-canned feature in PUB) do not link. They go to a blank page. I have placed all files in exactly the same folders on the web as they are on disk after publishing. You can see it at: geocities.com/ucstrandview THanks in advance for the help. MP Publisher - Uploading Articles on publishing ...

Report Web Access
Hi, I need make a report to check the users of my network that access the Outlook Web Access from outside. Do you know how i can do this? Thanks Alvaro You can use a web log analyser on the logs generated by IIS on the OWA server. Regards Paul "Alvaro" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08fb01c3db68$3b4bc910$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I need make a report to check the users of my network that > access the Outlook Web Access from outside. Do you know > how i can do this? > Thanks > > Alvaro "Alvaro" <ano...

Large amount of text
I'd like to include an End User License Agreement at the first startup of my app. I envision a rather large text box of some sort plus a couple of command buttons. What should I use as the text box? I'm not sure if an Unbound Object Form is appropriate. There's more text than the size of the form, so the ability to scroll down is needed. Thanks. On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 13:52:01 -0800, Ken <Ken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'd like to include an End User License Agreement at the first startup of my >app. I envision a rather large text box of some sor...

input text at front of field that contains data
Hi there, I have imported data into excel and I wish to input text ZZ in front of the orginal data...for example her is how the data looks like(to the left). Column A (how do I put a ZZ in front of the text without going through it one by one ________ so in a matter of seconds it should look like this(the column to the right) ABADES ZZABADES ABADEF ZZABADEF ABADET ZZABADET ABADER ZZABADER ABADEW ....and so on ....and so on I have 62...

Web Browsing on my Ameritrade
Really like the Money 2007 interface, tightly integrating the browser is a great way to integrate all the other online accounts and services. I've set up all my financial browser links and don't even bother opening the browser when I'm checking potential investments. Direct access to my bank server is so much better than the old download method. Ahead of its time IMHO. Couple of observations/ questions If anyone know someone connected with the software, I'd like to pass along a suggestion to see easier access to web favorites. Right now its a 3 click process to access ...

Writing to one trace file from Web Service
Presumably a trivial question... I want to write trace information from a web service to a log file using the Trace Class. Is this possible without closing and opening the Trace in every single web method? Code: public Webservice() System.IO.FileStream ts = new System.IO.FileStream(traceFile,System.IO.FileMode.Append); Trace.Listeners.Remove (Trace.Listeners[0]); Trace.Listeners.Add(new TextWriterTraceListener(ts)); Trace.WriteLine("Constructor " + System.DateTime.Now.ToString()); Trace.Close(); [WebMethod] public WebMethod () { System.IO.FileStream ts = ...

Read Only Fields 04-18-04
Hello! Is there a way to make CRM fields (either standard or custom) to be read-only? What I want is to fill the fields with data from another program and not allow users to change them. Thanks a lot, Elena Not in the standard product. As always could try manipulating the underlying source code but you would not be supported. Hopefully this feature will appear in a version 2.0 release "SiEBEN Innovative Solutions" <newsgroup@sieben.gr> wrote in message news:%23EDvO$VJEHA.428@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... > Hello! > > Is there a way to make CRM fields (either standard...

Problems with Outlook Web Access in Exchange 2003
Has anyone noticed any issues with OWA in 2003? I have had a few users where if they go into their regular Outlook, they see tons of mail from various senders in their inbox. However, when they go into their Outlook Web Access, they do not see all of that mail in their inbox. They may only see mail going to certain groups they are members of. I also have users in which if they open a new email in OWA, as soon as they close it, it disappears from their inbox. And it doesn't show up in their Deleted folder. In both cases, I can export their mailbox as a pst, delete and recreate their a...

urgent: how do i shut down report services?
urgent: how do i shut down report services? I do not want people to open reports as it is killing the systems performance. You can go on the CRM server and open up the services manager and stop the Crystal APS service. (Start > Administrative Tools > Services) This will also stop the other Crystal services. -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "ntcrsk" wrote: > urgent: how do i shut down report services? I do not want people to open > reports as it is killing the systems performance. ...

format a formula to general (not text)
I am importing a text (.csv) file into excel and formatting it via a Macro. in one column I have to insert a formula but when I do so, the formula is showing, i.e. "=TRIM(Z4)". I have tried to format to "general" but it doesn't work unless I click inside the cell and press enter. How do I apply the "General" formatting without have to manually click inside the cell? I want to do it in my macro. Here is my code: ActiveCell.Formula = "=TRIM(Z4)" Selection.NumberFormat = "General" -- www.bardpv.com Tempe, A...